aerobiotic - My babys ok!

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
aerobiotic

aerobiotic - My babys ok!

Post by aerobiotic »

Heres a track I started last night... still need alot of work. Just realized that I didnt save my presets on my plugins...! Damn its gunna be fun trying to get the same sound when I open up the project to work on it again

My babys ok!

comments/suggestions always welcome...
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Fucking nice work Timmy!

Sounds phat and tight - your best to date IMO.

What is that kick? A 909?

Love it mate.... if I were to offer any criticism (which I'm going to) it'd be:

The hats that drop in around 1/3rd of the way in are too prominent in the mix, maybe mix some more verb into them and put a little attack on 'em....

The baby sounds halfway through are also very full-on... Maybe drop some filters or some sort of FX on them, as I know you're gonna wanna keep them if they're your bubs...

Awesome work bud... well done!
TheBrains

Post by TheBrains »

I like it - esp. that strummed synth sound that punctuates the kick / bass.

Direktor is right though, the hats are a bit too loud when they come in and the baby's voice kinda does change the vibe up a bit. It starts out ghetto futuristic then goes teletubbies IMO. Keep that mix for yourself and maybe sort another sample or lick for release perhaps.
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

nice cheers guys!!! yeh the main drums are 909's
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Good work mate
nic

Post by nic »

some really cool bits and pieces, drums solid and i like the fx 'd baby bits and swossh swoosh bit.udner the drums

the baby singing garbled riff vocal is rad but the rest of the baby noises kill it for me. too weird - too teletubbies. i think you could ditch the louder more obvious baby bits and bring it in a bit earlier, what about reversing or chopping teh baby sample up a bit more to disguise it?

have you heard flack su - toddler? theres a BLIM remix as well that might eb worth a listen.
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

nic wrote:some really cool bits and pieces, drums solid and i like the fx 'd baby bits and swossh swoosh bit.udner the drums

the baby singing garbled riff vocal is rad but the rest of the baby noises kill it for me. too weird - too teletubbies. i think you could ditch the louder more obvious baby bits and bring it in a bit earlier, what about reversing or chopping teh baby sample up a bit more to disguise it?

have you heard flack su - toddler? theres a BLIM remix as well that might eb worth a listen.
I had a play around with it lastnight and did just that! I'll defiantly check out that track you mentioned... Thanks for the suggestions, it helps..!
Tim