AC23 - Imperial Regime - Listen

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Last edited by fooishbar on Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

sick! 8)

turn the snare down a tad...bit loud.

your two melody things are crossing over freq wise a bit i think, try eqing them so they dont conflict as much...maybe shift one of them up an octave and see what happens.

needs some bleepy / short sounds in it to push it along a bit more.

i liiike tho
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

needs more squarepusher
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

good basics, man. keep at it, time tell pon de riddem. :thumbup:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
flippo

Post by flippo »

I really like this synth. Got a boards of canada rounness for lack of a better word.

I don't know whats happened but the drop is bigger 2 versions before this one?
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

very nice... it kinda does have BoC vibe to it...
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

FINISH IT...Jah Bless
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

I like.

My only comment is regarding the kick drum. See if you can get more variation between hard and soft kicks so they don't all sound the same.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I really like that synth.

That beat aint a winner for me though, too wierd - but that's just me, and I'm sure the different programming is intentional and the whole point... so, horses for courses.

Agree with the 'turn the snare down a bit' comment.
Fents

Post by Fents »

I say turn the snare up. like right up. also get rid of the synth and while ur at it the cymbals need replacing. In fact the whole structure is out of key and the notes are all wrong. The highs aint high enuff and the lows are too high. layering about 60 kick drums over the original will work but only if you osscialte one to the other. once all thats done compress the fuk ouuta the c note feel and then loop all your fx so they run through one channel.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Fents wrote:I say turn the snare up. like right up. also get rid of the synth and while ur at it the cymbals need replacing. In fact the whole structure is out of key and the notes are all wrong. The highs aint high enuff and the lows are too high. layering about 60 kick drums over the original will work but only if you osscialte one to the other. once all thats done compress the fuk ouuta the c note feel and then loop all your fx so they run through one channel.
someone's been listening to a bit of Dubstep...converted?
Fents

Post by Fents »

Amick wrote:
Fents wrote:I say turn the snare up. like right up. also get rid of the synth and while ur at it the cymbals need replacing. In fact the whole structure is out of key and the notes are all wrong. The highs aint high enuff and the lows are too high. layering about 60 kick drums over the original will work but only if you osscialte one to the other. once all thats done compress the fuk ouuta the c note feel and then loop all your fx so they run through one channel.
yep you've got my front cover read. steves convinced me its the way of the future. steve and i have just booked flights to UK for the half yearly dmz iriation steppa's night in leeds. we are staying on his uncles couch but who cares when we get to hear the phattest beats on the phattest system in the world. he's gonna introduce me to skream and benga, hopefully i'll have a few tunes to pass onto them then. also on the way home he said we could stop by finland and hook up with some boys oiver there. u should come mate we can make it a yearly mb.com dubstep trip. oh and speaking of trips steve also said he would hook me some of the best acid of my life for the irration night, im sure he would hook others up too.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

:smt042
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

rofl
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
Fents

Post by Fents »

Scholtzy wrote::smt042
if you have nothing fun or sensible to contribute to steves tune or our trip to the uk young andrew, pls leave the thread immediatly thanks.
nic

Post by nic »

u seem to be typing differently today fents?

haxord?

lol
Fents

Post by Fents »

nic wrote:u seem to be typing differently today fents?

haxord?

lol
whats haxord mean nic? all i seem to be doing is eating, sleeping and shitting dubstep latley.
calstro

Post by calstro »

lol

EDIT: Tune sounds good Steve... finish it off and post again.
Scholtzy

Post by Scholtzy »

Fents wrote:
Scholtzy wrote::smt042
if you have nothing fun or sensible to contribute to steves tune or our trip to the uk young andrew, pls leave the thread immediatly thanks.
That boy is SERIOUS!
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
Amick

Post by Amick »

Fents wrote:
Amick wrote:
yep you've got my front cover read. steves convinced me its the way of the future. steve and i have just booked flights to UK for the half yearly dmz iriation steppa's night in leeds. we are staying on his uncles couch but who cares when we get to hear the phattest beats on the phattest system in the world. he's gonna introduce me to skream and benga, hopefully i'll have a few tunes to pass onto them then. also on the way home he said we could stop by finland and hook up with some boys oiver there. u should come mate we can make it a yearly mb.com dubstep trip. oh and speaking of trips steve also said he would hook me some of the best acid of my life for the irration night, im sure he would hook others up too.
:lol: can i make a suggestion? EARPLUGS! ->on my way over in August already son :wink:
Fents

Post by Fents »

Amick wrote:
Fents wrote:
Amick wrote: someone's been listening to a bit of Dubstep...converted?
:lol: can i make a suggestion? EARPLUGS! ->on my way over in August already son :wink:
iv'e had my $250 ones made up for years ;) with all the poo sound systems n shit we have here :( but yea its gonna be sick. even rach's keen to come now, she likes what she hears ;) :lol:

anyhoo i've got alot of saving to do till then. steve said he might help me out if i need it, fking legend bruv. he also reckon im gonna see the biggest chav's in town, apparntly their everywhere hey.

spherical you still thinking about coming? i hear theres good cod fishin over there ;) :P
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Fents wrote:
Amick wrote:
Fents wrote: yep you've got my front cover read. steves convinced me its the way of the future. steve and i have just booked flights to UK for the half yearly dmz iriation steppa's night in leeds. we are staying on his uncles couch but who cares when we get to hear the phattest beats on the phattest system in the world. he's gonna introduce me to skream and benga, hopefully i'll have a few tunes to pass onto them then. also on the way home he said we could stop by finland and hook up with some boys oiver there. u should come mate we can make it a yearly mb.com dubstep trip. oh and speaking of trips steve also said he would hook me some of the best acid of my life for the irration night, im sure he would hook others up too.
iv'e had my $250 ones made up for years ;) with all the poo sound systems n shit we have here :( but yea its gonna be sick. even rach's keen to come now, she likes what she hears ;) :lol:

anyhoo i've got alot of saving to do till then. steve said he might help me out if i need it, fking legend bruv. he also reckon im gonna see the biggest chav's in town, apparntly their everywhere hey.

spherical you still thinking about coming? i hear theres good cod fishin over there ;) :P
steve was telling me about this trip.. i am thinking about comming aswell.
can we share the couch fents?
Amick

Post by Amick »

sAme'0 wrote:
Fents wrote:
Amick wrote: :lol: can i make a suggestion? EARPLUGS! ->on my way over in August already son :wink:

steve was telling me about this trip.. i am thinking about comming aswell.
can we share the couch fents?
anyone else onboard? :roll:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

i recon the only thing that i dont like about the tune is the name...
Flash

Post by Flash »

I find the melody creepy for some reason
in a good way!
big ups
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

next weekend:
SUBDUB PRESENTS

EXODUS

FRIDAY 27TH APRIL 07

ROOM 1: DMZ (IRATION STEPPAS SOUND SYSTEM)

DIGITAL MYSTIKZ & LOEFAH
SKREAM
YOUNGSTA
HATCHA
BENGA
PLASTICIAN
D1
KROMESTAR

MC'S SGT POKES & CRAZY D

COME MEDITATE ON BASS WEIGHT

ROOM 2: DNB/JUNGLE/DUB/ROOTS

RAY KEITH (DREAD)
BREAKAGE (BASSBIN/DIGITAL SOUNDBOY/REINFORCED)
STEPPA
EXODUS
SHOCK
INSPIRATIONAL SOUNDS
EARTHPIPE

MC'S RAMIN, SKEEZ & DEEPERS

(SWEET POTATO SOUND SYSTEM & DECOR)

LEEDS WEST INDIAN CENTRE, LAYCOCK PLACE, LS7 3JA
DOORS 10PM - 5AM
TICKETS £9 FROM TRIBE, JUMBO & CRASH RECORDS LEEDS
INFO: 0113 2433414 / 07764208202
[email protected]

this is what you're missing out on.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I'm in the uk at that time too. Was going to hook up with Erica to go to the DMZ night. See ya's there I'm guessing.