aLive - 26th May @ CARNI

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
LuKo

aLive - 26th May @ CARNI

Post by LuKo »

aLive : 100% Live Electronic Acts

aLive proudly presents:

The aLive ethos:

aLive’s driving commitment is to provide upcoming electronic music artists with a platform to deliver their music to appreciative audiences, and to promote the artists and their music to the wider community.

aLive is a community focused organization set on bringing together music lovers and performers in a unique atmosphere outside of the deafening world of club land.

The important details:

When: Saturday 26th May 2007

Time: 4 pm to 1 am

Cost: $5

The acts & set times:

17:00 - 18:00 : The Avatar (Minimal)

18:10 - 19:10 : Ehsan Gelsi (Electro)

19:20 - 20:20 : The Scratch Foundation (Funk Breaks)

20:30 - 21:30 : Roxymoron (Electro Breaks)

21:40 - 22:40 : Rusty O'Hara (Progressive)

22:50 - 23:50 : Grumpo (Psy-Goa Trance)

24:00 - 01:00 : KL & Cam (Techno)

(Check our myspace for more info on all the acts)

Where is it?

Carni, 60 High Street, Preston, Melbourne.

How to get there?

By car:

Check your Melways. Street parking only. Should be easy enough to find somewhere to park.

By tram:

Catch the 86 from the city. Get off at the Plenty Road and High St. intersection, walk 100 meters down High St. towards Bell St. On your right you will find Carni. (a 2 story red brick building)

By train:

Catch the Epping train from Flinders St. and get off at Preston station. Walk back towards Hutton St. and turn left onto Hutton. At High St. turn left and walk towards the High St. Plenty Road intersection, walk 100 meters down High St. towards Bell St. On your right you will find Carni. (a 2 story red brick building)

Want to play?

We want your demo, so, come to the gig with a CD and the Application Form filled out and ask for one of the crew to have a chat.

The only thing we ask is that you come along and support the acts and event that wants to support you.

Want more info?

http://www.myspace.com/thisisalive

Cheers,

aLive
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Good work boys, i'm definately coming to this barring sickness
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

MR B

Post by MR B »

Snowie wrote:Good work boys, i'm definately coming to this barring sickness
It's Gonna be awesome!!!
www.myspace.com/thescratchfoundation
Dropping Phat @ The Workshop
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

word!!!!

SCRATCH FOUNDATION

up in the mutherfucker!
mij

Post by mij »

well done fellas, another quality arvo/night coming up!
deviant

Post by deviant »

OMG body Snatchers After party!!
By design

Post by By design »

looking forward to this one gonna be sick.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

we got a VJ on board now!! :D

so the darkness of the inside of the CARNI shed will become plastered with flashing wickid imagery

also will have Roxy Moron the band - machines Versus Live drummer and live guitarist!!! live electro breaks at its most slammin ;)

all mixed from the bacxk of house mixer this time round, it will look and sound amazing!!!

making full use of the complete speaker setup too this time, being we are using teh full house syste, (usually only used for full on band nights)

should hopefully see a few descent recordings in the future with mayeb even a podcast!
yenks

Post by yenks »

Wicked.

Been hangin to hear Roxys new band setup, guitarist is supposed to be the shiznit.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

yeah i friend of mine used to play with him, all reports saying he is pretty descent :wink:

if anyone is interested in what the acts may sound like follow the link to our myspace http://www.myspace.com/thisisalive

there will be links to all this months acts and their music ;)
LuKo

The acts:

Post by LuKo »

KL

Discovering hip hop was the just the start for KL.
He sort out how it was made. Then whilst a teenager, his older work peers would play Will E Tell tapes at work amongst other techno artists.

KL went along to these parties where he fell in love with techno and breaks.Being exposed to Jeff Mills, Surgeon, Ben Sims, Umek. KL loved techno.

Whilst this was going on he started to produce his own tracks on PC then moved on to hardware.

Discovering Dnb as a second love to techno, KL went about incorporating all sorts of beats and tempos into his live set creations.

One of the true live players left that doesn't use a laptop, KL can be seen playing regularly around Melbourne about once a month.

list=][/list]
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

The Scratch Foundation

The Scratch Foundation (Matty Blades & Robert Healey) formed their unique show of live Breaks, Hiphop & Turntablism in '03.

After spending many hours in the studio with a large cross sections of Australian Artists, they found their own unique sound and have started compiling tracks for their 2006 album "The WOONDERS OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY"

Some 2006 Tracks include - Rock Da Beat, Break this, Wonders of Modern Technology, The Farside, Friendly Lizard, City echoes, Home Grown sounds, Dub Plate, 40Ft of Breaks,Cool Track On the Run, Freestyle Strutin!, Get down, Return to midnight, Off the Hook, hat to Do, More out soon.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

1 WEEK TO GO 8)
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Sonus getting up and playing ?
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

By design

Post by By design »

Bring it on it's gonna be a long week and with that said it's going to be an awsome weekend bring the Alive Massive.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

Snowie wrote:Sonus getting up and playing ?
nah not this time mate, when we do we'll get that new 3rd member back on the scratch :wink:

will be huge this weekend, really excited about having a VJ onboard for the first time, should light up the CARNI atmosphere even more

been a while since the Scratch Foundation served us up a feast of funky arse breaks and scratching, much looking forward to it 8)
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

All good mate, i keep on hearing more and more good things about the Sonus set on the Screw boat party. Would be amped to hear more.
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

LuKo

Post by LuKo »

there will be more very soon indeed :!:

i think Melbourne Beats crew may also enjoy Roxy Moron , this time playing as a band , he's calling it electro breaks, whatever it is its top class choonage :D
mij

Post by mij »

Sounds Excellente! Will try my best to make it down, Luko. Wicked line up!
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

hey mij!! come down mate :)

will be plenty of supplies on hand, and we wont be playing this time, so I am gonna get druink and sit back and wathci the acts and VJ, even mixing duties are being taken care of!!!

hey snowman here is a shot of us on the boat after docking (as you can see teh lights are turned on) someone sent it to me on myspace !!

Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Dope. Wicked pic, I like, i like alot. I'll keep on saying it, your(Sonus) set on the boat was the dopeness.
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

LuKo

Post by LuKo »

cheers bro

well only a few days left till this saturday!
mij

Post by mij »

Looking forward to it! KL coming down for a beer?
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

yeah he is playing with Cam

a tits out techno set i believe

i dont let him go as hard as he usually would ;)
mij

Post by mij »

cool! 8)
LuKo

A re-cap of acts playing this Saturday:

Post by LuKo »

The Avatar
Developing a passion for music from a young age, The Avatar blends his varied influences in a unique style ranging from ambient sound scapes to balls out rocking techno. Being a proficient DJ, guitarist, bass player and drummer, Avatar has an understanding of melody and rhythm that develop with each track that unfolds for the listener.
Be prepared for a musical journey each time he plays because you never know what may happen!

Ehsan Gelsi
Educated in the ways of Beethoven, Strauss and Mozart, Ehsan took to music naturally and found it his greatest partner in life. Founding Bubble & Squeak in early 2000 Ehsan went on to develop himself as a versatile and highly proficient producer whose technical expertise coupled with his unique and broad musical palette led to Bubble & Squeak becoming a leading feature at the forefront of underground Australian dance music.
Ehsan has toured nationally and internationally playing alongside Thomas Schumacher, The Hacker, David Caretta, Ellen Alien, Michael Mayer and many more.
Ehsan’s new music is busting styles apart and blowing dancefloors apart with it’s original and world-class sound.

Grumpo
Left in a the child's room with only a radio, sci fi books and a television that only shows prime time. Grows up with a love of technology, music and making things work. Struggles with a fear of the dark places.
Well written music is the nearest thing to a sense of the Divine Knows there's never an easy answer. Realises the secret of life is harmony.
I've always felt that music talks through me in many forms, each as challenging not only my own limitations but my willingness to embrace other voices and form.

KL
Discovering hip hop was the just the start for KL. He sort out how it was made. Then whilst a teenager, his older work peers would play Will E Tell tapes at work amongst other techno artists.
KL went along to these parties where he fell in love with techno and breaks.Being exposed to Jeff Mills, Surgeon, Ben Sims, Umek. KL loved techno.
Whilst this was going on he started to produce his own tracks on PC then moved on to hardware.
Discovering Dnb as a second love to techno, KL went about incorporating all sorts of beats and tempos into his live set creations.
One of the true live players left that doesn't use a laptop, KL can be seen playing regularly around Melbourne about once a month.

Roxy Moron
on-slaut-of-breaks-n-mayhem-funk-n-skunk ATTACK

Rusty O’Hara
Always an avid music fan, from early exposure to electronic influenced music, and growing up listening to everything from funk to goth and ebm, Detroit techno, early rave, Teutonic trance and goa; curiosity led Rusty into explorations into sound and synthesis, mucking around on primitive trackers and drum machines. This early passion led itself into production, influenced by multitudes of artists and styles from across the electronic music spectrum and beyond, Rusty fuses elements of techno, trance, IDM, psy and progressive into his own unique style.

The Scratch Foundation
The Scratch Foundation (Matty Blades & Robert Healey) formed their unique show of live Breaks, Hiphop & Turntablism in '03. After spending many hours in the studio with a large cross sections of Australian Artists, they found their own unique sound and have started compiling tracks for their 2006 album "The WOONDERS OF MODERN TECHNOLOGY"
Some 2006 Tracks include - Rock Da Beat, Break this, Wonders of Modern Technology, The Farside, Friendly Lizard, City echoes, Home Grown sounds, Dub Plate, 40Ft of Breaks,Cool Track On the Run, Freestyle Strutin!, Get down, Return to midnight, Off the Hook, hat to Do, More out soon.

Post by By design »

just realized how much we need to update our bio.
The weekend is almost here sick bring the break beats
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

SONUS

Post by SONUS »

cool today
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

8)

4pm till 1am !!!

60 High st Preston
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Another wicked day/night party. Awesome work. very much looking forward to the next one.
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Why is it that nobody tells me about parties like this? C'mon, peeps. I'm an old man out in Ringwood. You need to light the fire under my booty. Sounded like a cool day/night.

I'll find out more from Snowman!

8)
By design

Post by By design »

yo yo had a ball droppin beats last night everyone played great sets nice work lads
mij

Post by mij »

Thanks Luko! another top notch effort! Ob1 i go to this event just about every month i'll give you a lift to the next one !
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

yeah be great to see you there ob1

thanks mij - i think the VJ defenitley makes sitting and drinking for 6 hrs straight alot easier :)

scratch foundation played a wickid set! cheers guys ;)

i was happily surprised by Grumpo's set, not really what you would call a psy trance fan, but man as soon as he started i and everyone else in the place was on the floor instantly

awesome stuff!

next installment details will be up soon!
ATP

Post by ATP »

Nice one man, glad it went well!
http://www.myspace.com/djatp
http://atp.valhalla.net.nz
http://www.energycurrency.info

Energy Currency LP-Out Soon on Vibration Recs
NuSoul-on bassdrive Thursdays 9-10pm
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

^ cheers dude

hopefully see at the next one??