Melbourne VICTORY Thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
djboganofbeatz

Post by djboganofbeatz »

we were level 3 aisle 40.... HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!...their was some woman next to us reading a book...i mean come on wat a waste of a seat...
Some tool behind me and my mates had a go at us cause we were swinging our tops around our heads when we scored a goal and apparently he nearly lost an eye from it AHAHAHHAA
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

djboganofbeatz wrote:we were level 3 aisle 40.... HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!...their was some woman next to us reading a book...i mean come on wat a waste of a seat...
Some tool behind me and my mates had a go at us cause we were swinging our tops around our heads when we scored a goal and apparently he nearly lost an eye from it AHAHAHHAA
See it is those FARKERS that took our seats! I mean reading a book! why go then? You were told off by peeps for waving scarves and shirts???? Piss off! Matt and I wave ours at home if they score so at a game forget about it! That thing is all the exercise i need to sort the lunch lady arms...... lol

Why do people go to sporting events if they are going to be such wet blankets? I would have just had to wave my scarf ALL MATCH if they told me to stop, for no reason just wave till my arm dropped off.....

Level 3 and isles 40 and 41 are good seats, you get a good view and the roar of the squad beneath you, we like sitting there.........
djboganofbeatz

Post by djboganofbeatz »

bump :D season starting this weekend.

Although pre-season was quite shocking I do blame it on the team having quite a fair few new players.

Wellington up first away... and then perth glory home at telstra dome first home game will be greeat
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

djboganofbeatz wrote:bump :D season starting this weekend.

Although pre-season was quite shocking I do blame it on the team having quite a fair few new players.

Wellington up first away... and then perth glory home at telstra dome first home game will be greeat
Meh pre season, we will be OK, Ernie has brought well, he was closely watching Asia Champions so I am feeling comfortable in the Victory.

Membership is in wallet, and our house is ready to go.
Although i have to say i am NOT a fan of the new Kit, the big white V in the front makes it look like an AFL top, and I aint loving it. last seasons Kit was better.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Although i am expecting some big things from Newcastle this season, and I am going out on a limb to say Perth, they have a lot to play for.
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Blasphemy!! This is the MVFC Thread, not 'talk up other teams chances'.. :)
That said, I would probably agree on that point..
Goin to Perth in Dec for the game, yeah!!
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
marke

Post by marke »

CMON MELBOURNE
CMON MELBOURNE
CMON MELBOURNE

thought this thread had long gone.
cannot wait for this sunday.
i will too admit that perth could be strong this season, but not as strong as MVFC!! although going by our pre-season were not looking that good at all..

coming good at the right time
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Ah would love to do the Perth match.

Our pre season last season was pretty lack lustre but the boys made it happen when they needed to....

I am hopeful.

Might have to do a Sydney trip
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Well what did we all think of the start of the season? I thought it was a good positive start. although could have done with Victory walking away with the three points instead of one, but you get that.

I think this will be an interesting season, new purchases will make for some good football.

Craig Moore should have pulled his head in tho, not a good start for him being sent of for what i think was a really stupid card, with his experience you would expect him to keep his head a little better.
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

Tonight!!!
It's gonna be a crazy night, what with good friend DJ Charlie Bucket over from Perth, & my Birthday party after the game, I'll be surprised if I even remember the score on Sunday morning..
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

TERRIBLE GAME...

Was lackluster and just awful.....

I am thankful for some good company that i had at the match, cause there was sweet fa going on, on the pitch...

The Sydney V Adelaide match was a cracker tho
Amick

Post by Amick »

totally disappointed with the 0-0 draw on saturday...

Archie had heaps of opportunities to put it in the back of the net but just couldn't get there.

I was up on the 3rd Level with the Youth Brigade.

Those chants are great, nothing like walking out of Telstra with no voice.

Hope we win the next game.

GO VICTORY!
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Amick wrote:totally disappointed with the 0-0 draw on saturday...

Archie had heaps of opportunities to put it in the back of the net but just couldn't get there.

I was up on the 3rd Level with the Youth Brigade.

Those chants are great, nothing like walking out of Telstra with no voice.

Hope we win the next game.

GO VICTORY!
Ah those guys up the on the third with eh flags etc all singing??? We were looking there, we were behind opposite goal on third. We heading to the other end next match - we got there too late and they said full and would not let us in to that end... :(

Do you head to Melbourne Hotel prior?
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Victory had better OWN Adelaide tonight.....

Heeelloooooooo??
lilstormer

Post by lilstormer »

Charlie73 wrote:Victory had better OWN Adelaide tonight.....

Heeelloooooooo??
Not so much owning as splitting it down the middle.

It's all about LOVE this year I reckon.

ONE LOVE

ONE VICTORY
Free to those that can afford it, very expensive to those that can't.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

First win under the belt, watching from home.....

Pheonix are looking good, 3-1 against the Glory, Glory just down to 10 men..... and about 30 odd minutes to play...... oh dear Glory are in trouble..
nic

Post by nic »

they lost oh dear
Brain

Post by Brain »

^^^^^^Get thee to the premier league thread: http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtop ... ier+league

Bloody Arse!

BTW Melbourne Victory suck as well. Most disgraceful performance ever on Sunday. Bring back Fred and get rid of the Love Muscle!
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Brain wrote:^^^^^^Get thee to the premier league thread: http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtop ... ier+league

Bloody Arse!

BTW Melbourne Victory suck as well. Most disgraceful performance ever on Sunday. Bring back Fred and get rid of the Love Muscle!
Plus piss Merrick off, also re look at ALLSNOT and i am seeing some figjam about Thompson as well.....

No-one is making runs, they are all standing around with thumb firmly up arse in the box.....

ARGH so over it...

Do we wate valuable NYE time going to the match??? i mean really!

SOOOO disapointed..... I could see yur lady shaking her head almost constantly through the game!
marke

Post by marke »

So tonight we start our champions league campaign, who is going??
boozer beforehand is regulation.
so good finishing work mid-week and having a game to watch, reminds of being in england when the champs league is on primetime!

actually cant wait, proper football all year round this year!!!! :D :D

cmon melbourne cmon melbourne
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

We are heading in - well i am straight from werk....

Everything is crossed and i hope to see the Victory play how i know they can...

COME ON MELBOURNE
marke

Post by marke »

yep excited now nearly the end of the day... :D :D

i think it will be 2-0
archie 24'
celeski 52'
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

oooh

OK nice score line......

I will take that yes i will.

Although Korea are said to have some injuries yes?
marke

Post by marke »

yeh they had some injuries. a few korean internationals i think.

but i think that we played only ok, from my viewing they had far superior control and touch, there passing was good. we had our moments though..

roddy vargas :D

i think that because they played less than a week ago in korea, could have hampered them. away will not be so easy.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Yeah of course i was happy for the win, however the issues that plagued us in during the season i have to say i saw last night. THere were shots on goal, but far too little conversions..... SOme realyl silly errors...

I mean our two goals were scored by defenders! Not what you really want.

I think we will find playing away very difficult. Dissapointed in the crowd numbers as well, but hey...
marke

Post by marke »

yep agreed.

but keeping in mind that we have not played competitively for like a month or two..

allsopp although he is lazy, had definitely one real goal disallowed couldnt see the one 1st half at the wrong end!

yeh crowd was a little bad, but we won so next time against osaka we will get more and they are a bigger club, that may even have some support here.

23,500 is still better than sydney on a good day, so i dont care :D
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Good result. I dont think the game was marketed very well to be honest, and full on week for the swinging sports fans to attend this as well, with GP etc.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

OH yeah mind you it would be hard to pull a smaller crowd than Sydney!

Oh yeah there was a disallowed, but really we could have been 4 or 5...

DBoy - Football is still seen by the media etc etc as AFL's cheap cousin (it is the opposite IMHO, but then again i am not an AFL fan), so you are lucky to get a 5mins breif on anything on most stations
marke

Post by marke »

yeh we could have scored more, but we also could have gone behind in the 1st half, good save theo... that would have changed the game...

anyway result is all that counts in the end.

game next week!!

give it 10years and AFL will be a second rate sport.
interesting fact: something like 70% of kids under the age of say 15 are playing football not AFL.

Parents like it more, especially mums as its not as physical, also the kids see kewell and dukes overseas playing and that is what they want, far more money and prestige in football in comparison to AFL, its a one nation sport..
i do like AFL sometimes though, used to be good for a fight, but it is now a over umpired game..
end
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

^^ funny you say that i was saying the same thing when i lived in UK,
marke

Post by marke »

CMON MELBOURNE

thoughts on tonight anyone, charlie?
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

GO THE VICTORY!!!

My thoughts are this:

This is a must win to give us the buffer we will need going into the high altitude game against China, we will be able to fare better in the humidity than the altitude, so we need a win to cover us for the next match. It will not be easy I just wish we had fox (get connected at new house Sats) so i could watch it!

Your thoughts?
marke

Post by marke »

double post, too excited..
Last edited by marke on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
marke

Post by marke »

agree that to make the first game count we must win, and it will give us nice little buffer going into the 2 legs v osaka..

We should not underrate them though, they won the thai premier league on the 2nd attempt after promotion, so they must be alright..

Just read that we are playing smae formation as last time out.
This could be good and also bad, asian teams are quick.
we were able to contain chumnam because i think that there playing schedule was not the best in the lead up to last game, they would have been a bit tired..

Really we are playing on there patch and they have not had to move, there conditions hot and sweltering will not help, maybe our weather here of late could help!!

will be happy with a draw, over the moon with a win!!!

could not live without fox had it for ages now, watching tonights game at a mates though.

why not go to the pub??

you could have come to mine if i wasnt going to mates for this leg..
but you get it on saturday all will be well, just in time for the big 4 premier league clashes... ez
cmon melbourne
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Yeah we thought of pub, but with an 11:30pm kick off, too late, i know i know, but had a loooooong week...

Yeah happy to get the foxtel back tho.....

Go Villa, Go Roma!

GO VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

DAMIT

3-1

DAMIT DAMIT

Marke - you watched the game yes? Please what went so wrong? That has put us to third - got to be due to Goal Diff yes?

I need to read up ont he match..

GUTTED
marke

Post by marke »

truely shite really imo.

watched it ofcourse, but as soon as the 3rd went in kicked the tv off in disgust. at 1.30am, which was the end anyway.

there 2nd goal was amazing, search that on the net, will be up there as onee of the goals of the ACL. massive strike. couldnt have done anything to stop it!! wouldnt have minded losing to that goal, but 3-1 shows shitness..

we played rather average too, could have been better but i think that travelling away is hard, we just lacked an incisive move and just didnt create that much, but do we ever now really??

they were pretty solid, a draw would have been a really good result.

shite sub with caceras of for ryall at half time, merrick is a tool that is shit move when 1-0 down...

merrick has to go imo... boring watching us play i reckon.

we are 3rd but only by 1 point, chonburi are on top on GD. them and osaka have had a win + draw..

pretty shattered really, we must win that home game against osaka to have any chance now..
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

marke wrote:truely shite really imo.

watched it ofcourse, but as soon as the 3rd went in kicked the tv off in disgust. at 1.30am, which was the end anyway.

there 2nd goal was amazing, search that on the net, will be up there as onee of the goals of the ACL. massive strike. couldnt have done anything to stop it!! wouldnt have minded losing to that goal, but 3-1 shows shitness..

we played rather average too, could have been better but i think that travelling away is hard, we just lacked an incisive move and just didnt create that much, but do we ever now really??

they were pretty solid, a draw would have been a really good result.

shite sub with caceras of for ryall at half time, merrick is a tool that is shit move when 1-0 down...

merrick has to go imo... boring watching us play i reckon.

we are 3rd but only by 1 point, chonburi are on top on GD. them and osaka have had a win + draw..

pretty shattered really, we must win that home game against osaka to have any chance now..

WHAT!

Merrick is a tosser, what the hell goes on in that mans head? Why a gold down would you sub Caseras for Ryall?? GGGRRRRR

Not good, i need to watch a round up over the weekend at some stage... Wonder if there will be a replay over the weekend.....

Man that is terrible......
marke

Post by marke »

so charlie, you thoughts??

proud and annoyed at the same time, more to come when i have thought about it more..
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Well I am pissed, i thought tactically we were totally owned, Merrick needs to go it is just not good enough, um i mean the scorelines suggests that it was a cracker end to end game but well it wasn't... I mean i knew going in that it would be tough, but still... To me it showed how far we have to go, and Merrick will NOT get us there....

Did you go?
marke

Post by marke »

yeh i was there for sure, havent missed a game in agees..
you there? atmoshpere was quite good, i now stand in south terrace, where bouts you??

i agree with you, merrick does not have the ability to take us any further. I think that our players are more than capable though..

we were under the pump for the second half and we were lucky to score.
they were far superior to us is passing movement and creating the space to run into.. and they were quick.. we ran out of legs just before they won it too..

but in saying all this, the onyl reason we lost the game was because we could not defend from corners, 3 goals headed in from near post is bullshit defending at that level, how do even let them run free towards that area, its the just plain lazyness..

how was there first goal!! looked so good from behind the net, saw it right into the top corner...

anyways all will be revealed when we play over there in a few weeks, if we just tighten defence then we could get a win, but n saying that it will still be nigh on impossible to get through seeing as only the top team goes through.

so bored at wok today, hence the drawn out response.. :)
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Their first goal was a cracker!

I agree with all you have said, I have faith in the players but not in the manager....

Curses to no Foxtel to watch the os legs.

And yes we lost our legs very early IMO