OSTARA X-MAS PARTY @ THE NASH - SAT 15th DECEMBER GEELONG

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Dubspiral

OSTARA X-MAS PARTY @ THE NASH - SAT 15th DECEMBER GEELONG

Post by Dubspiral »

After the extremely successful festival launches in September and the success of the festival itself, Santa is coming to Geelong early this year to bless us at the Nash with his hairy sack of magic...

AKA another installment of FREE snazzy beats and sounds from the acoustic and electronic worlds. 15th December.

LIVE ACTS - GROOVE ROOM

*DUB THE MAGIC DRAGON*
Needing no introduction to those who came to the festival... The Dragon is heading down to G-Town to give us a dose of their Dub Magic. Jeremy tells me to expect an energetic set with a Drum & Bass kind of vibe.

*RED C. WHYTE*
Again needing no Ostarian introduction, you may have caught Red at the festival playing solo early on Saturday, or as a member of Surfusion on Friday night. Red will be treating us to some of his fantastic solo work to kick things off out in the Groove Room.

*FLIGHT OF THE AGARICS*
Crawling for the first time out of Agarical Headquaters, it is our pleasure to introduce the freshest sound to recently come from the belly of G-Town. Ado, Peep-Show and Wish-Bone have been creating aural potions in Agarical HQ for a good year now, and have about four CDs worth of material self-dubbed 'D.I.Y. psychedelic pop'. Sounding like a sixties time-capsule, expect many different instruments such as 12-string Acoustic, Keys, Sitar, Melodica, Harmonicas, Glockenspiel, Flutes, Pan Pipes... the list grows longer every two weeks...

DJs - FRONT BAR

*MACROPHIDIA*
Macrophidia returns to the Nash for another dose of liquid sound. Expect crawling, deep proggy psychedelia that only gets played in Geelong when Macrophidia comes to visit.

*SOUL WHITE MAN*
Soul White Man is back again. At the launch in September, SWM introduced Geelong to his carefully collected progressive breakbeats and got a very positive response from the crowd and some of the local beat pushers.

*MISSING IN ACTION*
At the launch in September, M.I.A. smashed a set of Drum & Bass destruction to remember. He is back again to remind everyone that G-Funk knows how to BOUNCE!
Dubspiral

BUMP!

Post by Dubspiral »

Have to bump my own thread.

How humiliating....

Not as humiliating as missing out on the free night of uncontrollable flatulence.
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Really looking forward to this!!!!!

DIY Psychedelic pop

best genre name

ever.
Moby-Dick

Post by Moby-Dick »

Does the Nash have a tank fit for a large sea-mammal?

Would love to thrash my fluke around at this!

Please say yes...
'Have ye seen the white whale?'