Eat The Beat at The Espy - NYD 2008

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

fooishbar wrote:
Friday wrote:KEIR, JAY TROOPER, ONELC, CUBIST
proper.
Word.

And Noisia, praise the fucking Lord hallelujah! Nick's a freaking legend and I've been extremely lucky to hear a few of their yet to be released's...fucking SICK, for serious.

NYE is dead, it's all about NYD :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

Tuesday Weather Min 23 Max 37....

request for more fans and air con this year please, last year was like a sauna.
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Set Times? Set Times? Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?Set Times? Set Times?

Set Times?
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

and please please please
Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con! Boosted Air-Con!

Boosted Air-Con!
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

bassfreak wrote:Set Times?
we are getting close
Flash

Post by Flash »

vouch. needs more air con
Friday

Post by Friday »

door open 4pm and the cool change is predicted for early arvo so fingers crossed!

SET TIMES:

FRONT BAR
02.15 - 04.00am DEXTER
01.00 - 02.00am MIDNIGHT JUGGERNAUTS
11.30 - 12.30am REGURGITATOR
10.15 - 11.00pm DUKES OF WINDSOR
09.00 - 09.45pm BLUEJUICE
06.00 - 08.15pm CAGED BABY
04.00 - 06.00pm DJ MU-GEN

GERSHWIN ROOM
02.00 - 04.00am TC & JAKES
12.30 - 02.00am NOISIA
11.30 - 12.30am KEIR
09.30 - 11.30pm LOGISTICS
08.30 - 09.30pm JAY TROOPER
06.30 - 08.30pm COMMIX
05.30 - 06.30pm ONE LC
04.00 - 05.30pm CUBIST & MC WASP

BASEMENT
02.00 - 02.45am POPOLICE
12.45 - 01.30am FOXX ON FIRE
11.30 - 12.15am NEON KNIGHTS
10.15 - 11.00pm NIGHT TERRORS
09.00 - 09.45pm PROCESS
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

nice,

thanks friday
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

So how was it peeps?
Still recovering?
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

Commix were great...

Logistics lived up to my expectations. Brilliant!

Noisia's mixing was quite sloppy, but still had the crowd going nuts....When they dropped Audio - Warehouse (VIP) that was the highlight of my eating the beat experience.

TC is a discrase to the world of Drum & Bass

Dynamite was a absolute mess.

I could hardly understand what Jakes was talking about.

Air con was better than last year, tho i still sweated a good litre.

Wasnt heaps packed either im guessing majority of people were at the bbq.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

I liked TC, worked so well with Jakes... was not going to stay that long but had to! Air con was fabulous, Gershwin room had colorful lights ensuring no repeat of last years walking into pitch blackness (and people and hidden steps). Was not as busy as last year but the crowd grew throughout the course of the night!

Mad vibes inside!

But who in god's name was the cock dancing on stage all night .. dragged some bird up on stage and I swear her tits were going to bounce out given a few more minutes of jumping around! Ruined my positioning for taking photos of who I paid to see.... GRRRRR (apologies if you are one here but FFS!)

Respect to the artist, promoters and all the happy faces inside.

Also... this picture makes me laugh and laugh......... talk about timing!
Keir
PLUS:ONE

Post by Keir »

lol that is fucking gold haha..

thanks to lucie and the team @ the espy.. big ups to the commix boys, logistics, noisia, tc n jakes, trooper, oneLC, cubist and everyone who came and supported and flexed it out on the dancefloor.... had a belter of an arvo/evening.
Last edited by Keir on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORWARD FOCUS PRESENTED BY KEIR. SUNDAY NIGHT'S 9-1030PM :: KISS FM
LISTEN LIVE FROM 87.6, 87.8, 88.0 or STREAM LIVE FROM KISSFM.COM.AU -> DOWNLOAD THE KISSFM iPHONE APP HERE
FACEBOOK || MYSPACE
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

That pics hilarious :lol: Dynamite was really disappointing for me, lazy rhymes that anyone coulda come up with, seriously boring stuff. Seen him do a lot better.

I had trouble enjoying myself because of the sound. Clang clang, fucking clang! The mids were too high at the soundboard and no one seemed to be adjusting it. Had to resort to using toilet paper as ear plugs. Shouldn't be necessary for a gig with lots of internationals playing, I felt bad for Nick and Tys cause I know those Noisia tunes sound much better on a properly rigged system. Super glad they got such a good reaction from the crowd though, moshpits popping up all over the dancefloor :lol:
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Overall it was an awesome day. One of the best parties I've been to in a long time.
Not many people so made for heaps of room to move therefore making it much more enjoyable. The crowd was small but were really up for it. Commix and logistics were the highlights for me. MC Jakes was pretty good. TC was ok. Dynamite was hillariously trashed. He fell down the stage steps at one stage. Was it bit too trashed to MC properly!

Shame about that damn poser on the stage for the last 3 hours of the night. The dancefloor is for dancing not the stage. He thought he was too cool for school! DJ Trazer I'm told???
Stay tuned for photos. I have a lot. Soon to be up on inthemix and my flickr gallery
killeye

Post by killeye »

Sound was defintley an issue-painfully so...

Highlights were Commix and Logistics, didn't enjoy Noisia as much as hoped-really the sound killed it for me. Didn't see much of TC, couldn't handle it anymore!

Spent some time in the front bar, saw a bit of the Dukes of Windsor, Mindnight Juggernaughts, and the 'Gurg...felt like it was 1997 again watching the 'Gurg!hehe.

Still, love the whole Espy vibe...Happy New Year everyone! :occasion7:
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

bassfreak wrote:DJ Trazer I'm told???
I think you are quite right there!!! LOL..

Wish it could be repeated.. with less distraction...!
SONUS

Post by SONUS »

Awesome to catch 2/3 of Noisia. Was very happy,

great nite overall,

whoever those fuken international mc's were, they FUKEN SUCKED BALLS, and their attitude was bullshit to, i dunno if they were still fuked from new years but i was ready to smak one of them in the mouth. TC + Jakes pitty we had to end the nite on them, they suked balls, big ups to logistics/commix/noisia and locals who all played great choons.
MarvinM

Post by MarvinM »

overall a great nite :D
Quick question....logistics rewinded 2 tracks in his set...does any1 no what they were??
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

ah shit, had no idea about this gig... would of loved to have seen some of those acts.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

good times!

so glad i got rid of hot bbq tickets and came to this. tunes were great despite ringy ears. the gurg were great! talk about going back in time. most excellent. noisia were brilliantly brutal and dug what i saw of commix. didn't think that much of logistics.

ended up sitting out the front for a majority of the night...great spot for people watching and shit talking.

why i ever thought of defecting from the espy NYD styles i'll never know. big ups lucie.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I like this photo very much Miss Ulyssian :D

bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

mixtress wrote:That pics hilarious :lol: Dynamite was really disappointing for me, lazy rhymes that anyone coulda come up with, seriously boring stuff. Seen him do a lot better.

I had trouble enjoying myself because of the sound. Clang clang, fucking clang! The mids were too high at the soundboard and no one seemed to be adjusting it. Had to resort to using toilet paper as ear plugs. Shouldn't be necessary for a gig with lots of internationals playing, I felt bad for Nick and Tys cause I know those Noisia tunes sound much better on a properly rigged system. Super glad they got such a good reaction from the crowd though, moshpits popping up all over the dancefloor :lol:
Word!
Wot was with tha sound that day?!? I mean, you'd think if you wr putn on a gig that large wit x amount of internationals you'd get a FUCKN SOUNDGUY!!!
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

The sound was much better than last year. My ears were seriously ring for 3 days afterwards but were fine this time!
bennyk

Post by bennyk »

^^ me too. prob 5 days.

COMMIX = fuckin brilliant.. had to work afterwards though! :(

thankyou to everyone involved.. great way to spend another NYD!