Dropping Phat@workshop 29th feb

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
By design

Dropping Phat@workshop 29th feb

Post by By design »

Friday the 29th of Feb
@The Workshop
413-417 elizabeth st melbourne
9pm till late
free

The Scratch Foundation
Lil Misbreaks
Deviant
Mr Lob

:D
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

gonna be a banger with LMB and Deviant, will have to pull out all the stops and the bombs too :shock:
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Nice one, bruva!

8)
deviant

Post by deviant »

oh w00t

lol

imo
MR B

Post by MR B »

:occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:

THE SCRATCH FOUNDATION

They come from the most isolated city on the planet but their fan base spans continents. Being friends since age 5, they came from a land with little nightlife and are now CEOs of The Scratch Foundation. Matty Blades began his aural life as a multi Instrumentalist/Producer influenced by the sounds of Mo Town, Reggae, Big beat & Drum & Bass, while Rob Healey had his first taste listening to jungle and jump up as a teenager from there he moved towards producing music with flavours of hip-hop and big beat.

Their music can be described as trip into a world of party beats combining the sounds from break beat, hip-hop, funk, dub and Drum and bass. Infusing multitextured layers of sampling, drum breaks with fat bass lines, flowing grooves & scratches. Since The Scratch Foundation's inception in 03 they have collaborated with numerous vocalists, producers and musicians on & off stage. These collaborations were first seen on stage in 03-04 in Western Australia where the guys started their life as both producers and promoters. These shows combined the talents and styles of some Perth's best musicians, Dj's and producers. From these early beginnings the scratch boys fine-tuned their unique sound and rocking live show. Over the years the boys have played live shows supporting acts such as the Stanton Warriors, Nubreed, Dj Regal, Phil Hartnoll (Orbital), Miyagi, Flow Dynamics, The Mustard Kutaz and more.

Now in 08 with a huge back catalogue of fresh original beats The Scratch Foundation are working towards their first album release bringing together their unique party style and original production techniques to create a cross genre smorgasbord of funked up beats that will make you dance! The Scratch Foundation run a monthly night, Dropping Phat that show cases some of Melbourne's best DJ's and producers and they can be currently caught tearing up dance floors both playing live sets of their original tracks and as DJ's and at various clubs & festivals around Melbourne and beyond.

DEVIANT

In a relatively short space of time DJ Deviant has risen to notoriety in the Melbourne dance music scene.

Named by his friends, He has been part of the Melbourne music scene in one way or another for the last 6 years. Studying bass at the VCA, his performance experience moved though playing gig's with the likes of Cat Empire, Steve Sedigreen, Alex Pertout, Snee, to his own live DnB outfit "In". He has always been interested in electronic music, dance parties and the art of DJing, making his debut at Fractured in 2004 as a breaks DJ. His selections are usually hard, dark, and just plain nasty, although in recent times he has delved into the world of deeper style breaks and electro flavours.

Promoting his flagship monthly night STYLUS with his partner in crime DJ Nago has seen him play alongside every major breaks DJ in Melbourne, as well as giving rise to the 'Rock Like This' productions company that has hosted nights with the ledgenday Dopamine, Hook n Sling, Dirty D and of course many local parties. With an innovative edge to promoting Rock Like This continues to reach onwards and upwards along with DJ Deviants career.

MR LOB

Mr Lob has been djing, promoting and running his own parties under Weedhopper Productions since 1999. His dj career has had many highlights including supporting the Stanton Warriors in Bangkok in 2005, 3 Tours of Thailand, playing at the Earthcore Festival in 2005 & 2007, holding a 5 month Saturday night residency at Bimbo Deluxe in Melbourne in 2005, his 2 year Saturday night residency for 'The Get Down' in Melbourne and his recent round of gigs for the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and the more recent Spanish Festival. Mr Lob's passion has always been funk, whether it be blaxploitation, latin boogaloo, ol skool hip hop, jazz breaks and funk breaks. He likes to think of himself as a selector continually delving into the history of the funk sound.

Lil Miss Breaks

Add one part feisty attitude, two parts skilful mixing, a dash of cheeky sense of humour and liberal helpings of funkified, ass shaking, dirty breakbeat and you have the aural cocktail that is, lil miSbreaks.

Having honed her skills through many hours on the dex and a variety of gigs around town, lil Misbreaks has made an undoubted impact on the Melbourne breaks community since 2005. Her dynamic sets at Fractured began the journey, which showcased her technical skills and astute selections, however it has been her burning desire to bring the fattest funk to the floor that has seen punters singing her praises.

Lil miSbreaks has played alongside premier local and international DJ’s, aspiring to get toes tapping early, or lifting the roof off late. Supporting the likes of Plumps Dj’s, Rennie Pilgrim, Lee Coombs, Ils, Drummatic Twins and many others.

So if you’ve got a yearning musical thirst, do yourself a favour, hit the town and place and immediate order for pants shaking, dirty funkin beat braking serve of lil miSbreaks. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Last edited by MR B on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
www.myspace.com/thescratchfoundation
Dropping Phat @ The Workshop
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
mij

Post by mij »

Mad line up fellas! Havent seen you guys in ages! Will try and make it!
'you say tomato, i say fuck you!'
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

hai guys!

i will be making an apperance at this.

i will not be coming out of a cake though.
MR B

Post by MR B »

mij wrote:Mad line up fellas! Havent seen you guys in ages! Will try and make it!
Hell yeah! We'll do scotch!
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
mij

Post by mij »

Scotch, Vodka, Bourban with a hint of Agua?
'you say tomato, i say fuck you!'
By design

Post by By design »

hear that though I do need to stay well away from the agwa that stuff kills me and then say's drink more, not conducive to dropping beats. Well it can be actually........... he ha.
Honzo

Post by Honzo »

always PHAT. 8)
Regulars:HALFWAYS Wednesdays @ Workshop - On Rotation w/the Mechanics Boys
RANDOM @ Blackcat StuMac & Honzo
BeatsApart @ Workshop

LIFELIKE.
Brain

Post by Brain »

MR B wrote:Over the years the boys have played live shows supporting acts such as the Stanton Warriors, Nubreed, Dj Regal, Phil Hartnoll (Orbital), Miyagi, Flow Dynamics, The Mustard Kutaz and more.
Psst, it's Myagi, not Miyagi (Myagi is the Canadian producer dude, Miyagi is a local dj - took a photo of them together at Earthcore!).

P.S. To further complicate matters Fujiya & Miyagi are an electronic duo from Brighton, England. Confused? Good!
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

dropping phat sounds like a work out video :teef:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Brain wrote:
MR B wrote:Over the years the boys have played live shows supporting acts such as the Stanton Warriors, Nubreed, Dj Regal, Phil Hartnoll (Orbital), Miyagi, Flow Dynamics, The Mustard Kutaz and more.
Psst, it's Myagi, not Miyagi (Myagi is the Canadian producer dude, Miyagi is a local dj - took a photo of them together at Earthcore!).
!
i admit, i wrote that bio for the boys, and i added the i in there.

whoops!!!

:oops:
Brain

Post by Brain »

^^^^It happens all the time Kitty so don't feel bad. Inpress and Beat did the same thing when we promoted the Hartnoll/Myagi gig :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

sorry rob and matt!

one more edit needed obviously!

:oops: :wink:
MR B

Post by MR B »

ghetto kitty wrote:sorry rob and matt!

one more edit needed obviously!

:oops: :wink:
hahaha! it's still better than our first!

we accidently called ourselves the Snatch Foundation in the paper once.... :banghead:
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
By design

Post by By design »

weed is good :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

MR B wrote: we accidently called ourselves the Snatch Foundation in the paper once.... :banghead:
oh man, the branding and logo options that come to mind instantly...

:lol:

yup, weed is great.
BIG 2RITE

Post by BIG 2RITE »

Nasty line up boys such of the like workshop has never seen!

Can't wait!
MR B

Post by MR B »

ghetto kitty wrote:
MR B wrote: we accidently called ourselves the Snatch Foundation in the paper once.... :banghead:
oh man, the branding and logo options that come to mind instantly...

yup, weed is great.
Lol! I could finally get a real dj name too! hows GRAND MASTER SNATCH? What do ya think?? does it suit me?
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

dude.

stop now.

or ill be auditioning for your backup dancers already.

By design

Post by By design »

really happy with the line up for this one should be a whole bunch of phat beats dropping all over the place hopefully the place'll shake :D
MR B

Post by MR B »

By design wrote:really happy with the line up for this one should be a whole bunch of phat beats dropping all over the place hopefully the place'll shake :D
Hell yeah! Looking forward to catchin Deviants set.
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

looking forward to all the sets myself, also got lots of new and old phatness myself :wink:
MR B

Post by MR B »

mr lob wrote:looking forward to all the sets myself, also got lots of new and old phatness myself :wink:
Sweet!

BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

soooo there to hear LMB play, bring it!!
http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

He he

wicked. :smt020 :smt050
deviant

Post by deviant »

drop it like it's phat!!

I dunno, I got nothing

do di do....

ZOMG!!!! What's that over there!??!?!?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:smt027 ITS A NINJA!
MR B

Post by MR B »

SET TIMES

8.30 - 10.00 MR LOB
10.00 - 11.30 LIL MISS BREAKS
11.30 - 1.00 THE SCRATCH FOUNDATION
1.00 - 2.30 DEVIANT
2.30 - CLOSE SUPER MEGA STAR MASHUP FROM MARS

rock!
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

ohh man, still working when my set starts...
MR B

Post by MR B »

mr lob wrote:ohh man, still working when my set starts...
all good! we'll have to do a swapsy. I'll get back too ya
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

should be ok maybe up to 30 mins late, but will work hard to get there on time, I mean this is Dropping Phat right!
Brain

Post by Brain »

Should be an awesome night as always!
MR B

Post by MR B »

You able to start at 9 if we move everything 30 min?? I might have a little spin @ the start of the night until ur there....
BASS CAMP @ The Lounge
Fitzroys Finest @ Alia
BEAT Inc. @ Murmur
+more....