Is Schapelle Guilty?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.

Did she smuggle the weed or is she innocent?

Guilty
94%
Innocent
6%

Total votes: 32

Phyltr

Post by Phyltr »

Your honor, we request at this time, that Miss Mishke...try on the bra.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Can't believe the media has run out of anti-social antics of disgraced sports stars to print shit about.

There's no denying that the boogie board bag looked well endowed and clearly contained more than just a floatable swimming device. Either she knew what was in the bag and denied it or she is pretty stupid. I once got pretty paranoid about trying to dispose of some left over fruit when I went through customs at Bangkok, cause only the green door was being used and the officers waved me through without checking out my declaration form.

Oh. The humility of being sentenced for taking a natural plant production into a country that is serious about Prohibition.
mrj

Post by mrj »

You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

C.I.A. wrote:Guilty of being a slapper, but if yr mum called you Schapelle you wouldn't really have many other options.
LOL & :scr1pt:
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

mrj wrote:You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.
Do you know what a balm is? Have you ever seen a balm?
Don't hate me for house
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

get your balm on bitches!!!
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.
Don't hate me for house
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Blaxter wrote:There's no denying that the boogie board bag looked well endowed and clearly contained more than just a floatable swimming device. Either she knew what was in the bag and denied it or she is pretty stupid.
Just to add to the confusion. Apparently she was very drunk on the flight, so she was either drunk or hungover when she collected the bag in Bali.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Direktor wrote:
Blaxter wrote:There's no denying that the boogie board bag looked well endowed and clearly contained more than just a floatable swimming device. Either she knew what was in the bag and denied it or she is pretty stupid.
Just to add to the confusion. Apparently she was very drunk on the flight, so she was either drunk or hungover when she collected the bag in Bali.
So if your were single, would you take home a pretty 'woman' you met when you were drunk without realising there was a bit more between the legs than is anatomically correct?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Well, depends on how drunk I was, how convincing "she" looked and wether or not I had felt "her" up downstairs.... :lol:

But anyway....
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

They said her being drunk was very out of character for her. Maybe she was settling her nerves?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Maybe.

Or maybe celebrating going back to Bali (where she hadn't been for 5yrs), to see friends and family.

All I know is, if I was bringing in 4.2kgs of weed into a coutnry that imposed the death penalty - I'd want to have my wits about me and not draw any unwanted attention to myself.... who knows?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

jbs wrote:
mrj wrote:You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If your gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on.
Do you know what a balm is? Have you ever seen a balm?
There's no telling what a balm is gonna do!
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

It sure would suck if you really were innocent and having the Australian public turning on you like this. Thats for sure.
almax

Post by almax »

Oh well, its not all bad for her, just think, when she gets out in 17 years, she can write a book and make $millions
Spicy

Post by Spicy »

Fents wrote:As if the whole family dosnt look like stoners anyway.
that's exactly what i thought the very first time i saw mercedes corby in a news report interview. the way she talked and paused between certain words suggested to me that she was either on drugs that day or had been taking drugs for a long time.

not that there's anything wrong with that :lol:
Charly says always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

almax wrote:Oh well, its not all bad for her, just think, when she gets out in 17 years, she can write a book and make $millions
No she can't. Profiteering from crimes is illegal.
Spicy

Post by Spicy »

^^ then how do you explain chopper?
Charly says always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Spicy wrote:^^ then how do you explain chopper?
I can't. However, in Schapelles case, courts have ruled that she is not entitled to profits from the book she has already released.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

lol. 3 out of 6 Corby kids are in prision.
...and basically that's the situation
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Mellogs wrote:lol. 3 out of 6 Corby kids are in prision.
"At least I know where my children are!" :lol: :lol:
marke

Post by marke »

maybe not directly guilty (like putting the weed in the bag with her own hands), but she knew what was going on for sure.
Alternatively that half bro could have done it!! he was very unconvincing. had family over there etc...
malcolm mcculvey or something is good mates with her old boy and they are involved in the business.
absolute jokes when he visited her at prison, never met her before??!! then as he's walking off goes "ill get some smoke to you by teh next week" or something along those lines!! mercedes was like ummmmm..

shows her/family for trying to get it over there::
--20 years for 4kg
That Malcolm guy 100kg = 4yrs

tells me that they should keep it in australia
almax

Post by almax »

Hardy wrote:
I can't. However, in Schapelles case, courts have ruled that she is not entitled to profits from the book she has already released.
really? i knew about that law, but i thought that perhaps she could get around it because she has not committed a crime in Australia.
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

how was the slip that the BMW opps err i mean Mercedes made when she was talking about the bro.. oh no he had no idea what Schapelle did...ooops err that sounded bad, what they claimed she did....can we cut that out....

Hello Dr Freud calling......
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Not as bad as the older bro talking about smoking weed with his mates!
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

almax wrote:
Hardy wrote:
really? i knew about that law, but i thought that perhaps she could get around it because she has not committed a crime in Australia.
same for hicks innit
almax

Post by almax »

Yeah what is the deal with Hicks? iheard he was going to be paid a bunch for an interview but doesnt want to speak out just yet for whatever reason
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Not only did Schapelle no commit the crime in Australia, she's incarcerated in Indonesia.... what are they (Oz Government) going to do if she goes with a foreign publisher?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i have no idea what your on about j
but fuck you made me lol.

and fuck publishing, shell make more money if she makes her own raunchy 'girls with weed' calendar.

(i want to make one of these one day, with my friends in it)
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Direktor wrote:Not only did Schapelle no commit the crime in Australia, she's incarcerated in Indonesia.... what are they (Oz Government) going to do if she goes with a foreign publisher?
They can restrict the book being sold in Australia (ie. Her entire audience). It's happened before.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

True....but there's always online stores etc... but yeah, it would severely hamper sales.
Last edited by Direkt on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

Who is going to play Schapelle in the made for TV movie?

Needs like an Aussie equivalent of Britney...
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

tanya zaetta.

looks like her and everything.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

munting.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

cj the taniwha wrote:Who is going to play Schapelle in the made for TV movie?

Naomi Robson ftw
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

witty_pseudonym wrote:tanya zaetta.

Yeah, 'cept Zaetta is Highly Poundable*

*Highly Poundable is a trademark of the Direktor Organisation 2008.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Direktor wrote:True....but there's always online stores etc... but yeah, it would severely hamper sales.
There's definitely ways around it, i guess they'd need to work out whether it's worth it or not.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

cj the taniwha wrote:Who is going to play Schapelle in the made for TV movie?

I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Direktor wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote:tanya zaetta.

Yeah, 'cept Zaetta is Highly Poundable*

*Highly Poundable is a trademark of the Direktor Organisation 2008.
I vote for Belinda Neal to play Corby. she's about to need a new job
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Hardy wrote:
Chopper didn't let the truth get in the way of a good yarn. So its really a acse of him peddling a line of fiction novels and selling the image if a character he either made up or hid behind to survive living in prison. I think he was acquited of the only murder he did and played up any murder he was questioned over to build up noteriety, I
'm pretty sure that he was/ is pretty good mates with Neville Bartos who he alleges within his books/movie to be his alleged rival. and close or associate of the guy who was apparently trying to take up the offer of an underworld contract to kill him.
He hasn't profited from any crimes really, just used his background to give his crime novels some media attention.
elysium

Post by elysium »

dang... I came to this thread thinking it wuz Dave Chapelle done sommat crazy again.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
gnat

Post by gnat »

guilty for sure although i initially thought she wasn't. have changed my tune along the way

just finished reading one way ticket about the bali 9 too- fucking naive and D.U.M.B also
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

She should have used the Chewbacca defence..

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense!

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.
deejaypcp

Re: Is Schapelle Guilty?

Post by deejaypcp »

A bummer she got caught really. The weed i was offered in on the beach bali really did look shit.
A bigger shame she wasn't caught before leaving Australia. She wouldn't have got 20 years.
CoB

Re:

Post by CoB »

Hardy wrote:
her is profiting from this though?
surely someone is handing over at least some cash to her..
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
Hardy

Re: Re:

Post by Hardy »

CoB wrote:
Hardy wrote:
her is profiting from this though?
surely someone is handing over at least some cash to her..
The profits for her book have been frozen, and will most likely end up in the hands of the government under the Proceeds Of Crime act.

As for Chopper, he apparently hasn't seen a cent from his books for the same reason. Funnily enough, there are also reports that he has recently been seen selling speed on Victoria street.

:angel13:
lynt

Post by lynt »

http://www.theage.com.au/national/convi ... -3e6h.html
Malcolm McCauley says he and Corby's late father, Mick, were involved in a long-standing drug-running racket in which he supplied the marijuana and Mick organised for it to be smuggled into Bali, accompanied by $US1000 in cash to bribe Indonesian customs officials.
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Taken in context Karl - they believed that they could take the entire Indonesian justice system, and Australian press (and public sense of empathy) for a ride.