Klipsch Pro media 2.0 speakers v Bose Companion 3?

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
specialk

Klipsch Pro media 2.0 speakers v Bose Companion 3?

Post by specialk »

Hi,
I have a new macbook and have come to the realisation pretty quickly that the speakers suck!
I love my d'n'b and hip hop, dub, etc so I want a 2 piece system preferably with a subwoofer so I can
belt out the d'n'b.....does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't know much about computers etc but the Klipsch and Bose seem to be pretty good...
Thanks! :smt006
Blaxter

Re: Klipsch Pro media 2.0 speakers v Bose Companion 3?

Post by Blaxter »

Personally I'd steer clear of Bose if you intend on listening to music for extemded periods of time. They cause hearing fatigue cause they accentuate certain frequencies to make them sound better.
specialk

Post by specialk »

it's interesting you say that....audiophile types seem to have a general aversion to Bose products. It's likely I'll get the Klipsch because its cheaper!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Review of Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0
http://www.applesource.com.au/mac-acces ... 966,00.htm

Given the absent subwoofer, we came in with embarrassingly low expectations for the ProMedia Ultra 2.0. Thankfully, we were pleasantly surprised by its performance; its clarity and music playback capabilities particularly impressed us. It's also powerful enough to push through clear sound at relatively high volume levels, but we did notice some noise when cranking it up to full volume.

Naturally, the lack of a subwoofer means that bass output isn't as full or deep as on a 2.1 system, but higher-frequency bass wasn't as disappointing as we'd expected. Mid-range output is crystal clear, and we had no qualms with its ability to convey sound during movie and game playback.