The Footy thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Stray

Post by Stray »

jbs wrote: And this tipping thing is alien too.
Let me explain how tipping works -

You start up an office comp, get everyone involved. Sure most don't even care about footy, but get them involved anyway. Tell them it will build team morale or some bs. Then make the entry fee as high as possible. $20 will do the trick.
Then just sit back, do your tips each week and oh snap! take all their money at the end of the season. Worked for me last year and am looking pretty good this year too ;)
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Stray wrote:
quick wrote:
West Coast supporter?

Go EAGLES
Yeah I'm an Eagles supporter! ..and a collingwood hater :evil:
haha eat a diiiick stray - what makes it sweeter is stray was the one who hooked up the free tickets to the pies/wce game.

YIH!!! :P :P
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

andycole23_steve wrote:skill level is so low, and if you cant see this, something is wrong with u.
...its like the best thing in the world (i saw it as goal of the year on sports tonight) when sum guy 'soccered' it at a near straight angle...hahaha get a life.......
u see proper footballers, hitting the ball, inside or outside of the boot from 30 yards, past like 5 defenders and a keeper, picking top corners, bending and dipping the ball, dropping it on their chests and volleying....

some1 say something, go on, ur game is a joke and you know it! a joke! JOKE! :P
2-3 goals a game sounds pretty boring IMO.... 20-30 goals a game with body contact and no off-side sounds a lot more exciting to me... :P
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

^^ well said dude.. but steve is a little girl... even fents took him out on friday (while drunk).. nuff said soccer girly girl sport
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

andycole23_steve wrote: u see proper footballers, hitting the ball, inside or outside of the boot from 30 yards, past like 5 defenders and a keeper, picking top corners, bending and dipping the ball, dropping it on their chests and volleying....
the ball is round dude. its a lot easier. if the ball was the same shape as an afl ball..haha forget about it.

not to say i dont like soccer. plenty of skill involved, heaps of fun to watch and play.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

can this not turn into a lame soccer V AFL debate. Let us AFL fans have our fun!
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

word this aint bout soccer cuz soccer is wack.. let us keep talking about a good sport.. AFL :wink:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

andycole23_steve wrote:
honestly each to their own.
i think the difference is, if you know what is going on, u can appriecate the skill on the ball, and know how hard it is to do things that look so easy to others(but actually is hard as fuck) and that keeps ur attention compared to see 30 (not really hard to score) goals...its like turntablism i guess, some of it looks easy, but try doing the most basic shit and u tend to suck :)

each to their own tho innit :)
i will wake up and understand one day :lol: :P jokin
:D

Well put.... :D
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

sneaky hands wrote:
andycole23_steve wrote: u see proper footballers, hitting the ball, inside or outside of the boot from 30 yards, past like 5 defenders and a keeper, picking top corners, bending and dipping the ball, dropping it on their chests and volleying....
the ball is round dude. its a lot easier. if the ball was the same shape as an afl ball..haha forget about it.

not to say i dont like soccer. plenty of skill involved, heaps of fun to watch and play.
dude about the round ball, ummm al i have to say is..
footy would be harder with a round ball...
thats y wer are shit at the galic afl hybrid game thing (international rules or sumfin..
Stray

Post by Stray »

shepherd wrote:can this not turn into a lame soccer V AFL debate. Let us AFL fans have our fun!
Yeah, it's like comparing breaks to dnb, similar in a lot of ways but really not the same thing at all
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

steve ur such a negative nancy.. and i belive today ur having ur period while getting sand pored in ur vagina.. :wink:
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

dont worry, im not stirred up, i like both sports.
its like fighting over whether playstation or xbox is better.

sam0 its not the round ball that makes it harder to play gaelic footy. the rules are different, and the irish are much better at taking advantage of them.

i agree, breaks are gay.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

andycole23_steve wrote:
Stray wrote:
shepherd wrote:can this not turn into a lame soccer V AFL debate. Let us AFL fans have our fun!
Yeah, it's like comparing breaks to dnb, similar in a lot of ways but really not the same thing at all
similar in the way that they are both a sport? :lol:
breaks suck aswell :P
mate, you are a big stirrer of the pot!!!! I for one am not biting...

....i'll leave that for soccer! :smt044
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

sneaky hands wrote:dont worry, im not stirred up, i like both sports.
its like fighting over whether playstation or xbox is better.

sam0 its not the round ball that makes it harder to play gaelic footy. the rules are different, and the irish are much better at taking advantage of them.

i agree, breaks are gay.
dude playing with a round ball is much harder than playing with the wierd shape that we have... trust me... it is harder to kick straight and it is not as acurate as an afl ball..
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

hehehe

ok ok ok i give up
Last edited by sneaky hands on Thu May 26, 2005 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

steve y dont u fuck me in the ass, cuz i know that u know that i know that u wanna fuck me in the ass... so come on start fuckin
lynt

Post by lynt »

andycole23_steve wrote:
Stray wrote:

now now people play nice. we must all remember that steve comes from manchester, and is well superior to us aussies.

blessed be the ways of the footba you manny.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

sAm0 wrote:steve y dont u fuck me in the ass, cuz i know that u know that i know that u wanna fuck me in the ass... so come on start fuckin
still competing for the title of "first person to be banned by unanimous decision", young sAm0?
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

system wrote:
sAm0 wrote:steve y dont u fuck me in the ass, cuz i know that u know that i know that u wanna fuck me in the ass... so come on start fuckin
still competing for the title of "first person to be banned by unanimous decision", young sAm0?
haha!
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
lynt

Post by lynt »

:!:
quick

Post by quick »

Soccer has more skill... yes, but AFL is harder faster and more exciting. :wink:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

if AFL was a good sport. it would be world-wide. nuff said.
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

andycole23_steve wrote:
Direktor wrote:
andycole23_steve wrote:skill level is so low, and if you cant see this, something is wrong with u.
...its like the best thing in the world (i saw it as goal of the year on sports tonight) when sum guy 'soccered' it at a near straight angle...hahaha get a life.......
u see proper footballers, hitting the ball, inside or outside of the boot from 30 yards, past like 5 defenders and a keeper, picking top corners, bending and dipping the ball, dropping it on their chests and volleying....

some1 say something, go on, ur game is a joke and you know it! a joke! JOKE! :P
2-3 goals a game sounds pretty boring IMO.... 20-30 goals a game with body contact and no off-side sounds a lot more exciting to me... :P
honestly each to their own.
i think the difference is, if you know what is going on, u can appriecate the skill on the ball, and know how hard it is to do things that look so easy to others(but actually is hard as fuck) and that keeps ur attention compared to see 30 (not really hard to score) goals...its like turntablism i guess, some of it looks easy, but try doing the most basic shit and u tend to suck :)

each to their own tho innit :)
i will wake up and understand one day :lol: :P jokin

:smt003
Last edited by RMHC on Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Rob M wrote:if AFL was a good sport. it would be world-wide. nuff said.
Such a wrong comment... it's all a matter of opinion dude. Millions of Seppo's love baseball - and hardly anyone gives a toss about it over here, doesn't mean it's a shit sport though!!!! Same can be said with most sports... AFL is a relatively new and unique sport in a relatively new nation - the reason it can't go worldwide is mainly because every other nation has their OWN football code, be it soccer, NFL, Gaelic, Rugby - whatever!
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

andycole23_steve wrote:
Stray wrote:
:gone too far:
Don't hate me for house
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

Direktor wrote:
Rob M wrote:if AFL was a good sport. it would be world-wide. nuff said.
Such a wrong comment... it's all a matter of opinion dude. Millions of Seppo's love baseball - and hardly anyone gives a toss about it over here, doesn't mean it's a shit sport though!!!! Same can be said with most sports... AFL is a relatively new and unique sport in a relatively new nation - the reason it can't go worldwide is mainly because every other nation has their OWN football code, be it soccer, NFL, Gaelic, Rugby - whatever!
Yes, it's all a matter of opinion. Baseball is a big sport here with scouts from USA always recruiting young talent here, so who the fook would want to play in an AFL loving country when big bucks are in USA. think about it.

And you're right about the whole 'each nation has it's own code' to follow. But basketball is only about 120 years old...so that's hardly an excuse.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

lynt wrote:

he's quoting Eddie Murphy - Delerious

:wink:
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

carn the hawks
quick

Post by quick »

breaksRbest wrote:
lynt wrote:

he's quoting Eddie Murphy - Delerious

:wink:
I was gonna post that, but then I realised Lynt posted an exclamation mark, not a question mark, and I'm sure he knows that quote. I think his reply was just stating that the post was a little full on.
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

fikuss wrote:carn the hawks
huzzah - three supporters in the one thread. someone has to kill off Don Scott and Dermie though.

GO HAWKERS!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Off to see RICH v MELB tonite @ The Dome.... Big Ups to Feigan for the hook-up!!!

CARN TIGES!!!!!! :o
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

work it spies dog, work it

I just wanna see you in those high heels
Stray

Post by Stray »

oh shit!

Westcoast (179)
Port Adelaide (62)

Now I feel much better :D

Did everyone see Nathan Browns mishap? Nasty!
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

big ups to the Saints winning this weekend!!! yay!!
...and basically that's the situation
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Stray wrote:
Saw it right below me at the game - but didn't really notice it until watching the replay on the big screen... He seemed so placid and cool about it - must have been in shock. It really topped off a horrible game for the poor old Tiges... :cry:
Stray

Post by Stray »

Direktor wrote: Saw it right below me at the game - but didn't really notice it until watching the replay on the big screen... He seemed so placid and cool about it - must have been in shock. It really topped off a horrible game for the poor old Tiges... :cry:
Yeah he said he was in shock, that he didn't actually feel any pain until they got him back into the rooms.
I gave richmond a chance this year. I'm not so sure now.
I don't barrack for richmond but it's still really dissapointing to see things like this happen.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Pies - 2 in a row!

Is it too early to be talking finals and Caracella for Coleman medal -----------------> :lol: jokes ...

I feel sorry for Nathan Brown though - best player in the comp and his season is over. Shocking injury.
quick

Post by quick »

Stray wrote:oh shit!

Westcoast (179)
Port Adelaide (62)
word... next week Tigers will be next in line, and we will kick their ass, well, I hope so as I'm going to the game with 2 tigers fanboys.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

quick wrote:
Stray wrote:oh shit!

Westcoast (179)
Port Adelaide (62)
word... next week Tigers will be next in line, and we will kick their ass, well, I hope so as I'm going to the game with 2 tigers fanboys.
Prepare to be crushed my friend.... :P

Also, on a completely different tangent (I love tangents)... funny commentator comments: what's the deal with this well used one; "It's a deliberate approach" - when someone's lining up to goal from a mark.
What, like the dude's just gonna accidently walk in and kick the goal? Is he not aware that he has marked it and has to next kick a goal? WTF? :?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Direktor wrote:
Stray wrote:
Saw it right below me at the game - but didn't really notice it until watching the replay on the big screen... He seemed so placid and cool about it - must have been in shock. It really topped off a horrible game for the poor old Tiges... :cry:
The only thing more shattered than Brown's leg is me. Fucking horrid biz, exactly what we don't need.

brown.aid anyone?
quick

Post by quick »

Hardy wrote:brown.aid anyone?
Not this again Tom, its wrong... :roll:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:
Hardy wrote:brown.aid anyone?
Not this again Tom, its wrong... :roll:
Don't act like you don't love it :wink:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I'm down with Brown.Aid : poor lil' Browny - in the best form of his career, kinda indicative of the Tigers season really, let's hope they don't capitulate and break like he did on Friday night... GO TIGES!!!!
quick

Post by quick »

Denis Commetti is the best comintator, here are some classic Commetti calls during play...

Dermott: And the ball spills free to Kickett...
Cometti: Troy Cook you mean?
Dermott: Yes.. well, they do look rather alike.
Cometti: How so Dermott?
Dermott: (realising that sounded rather racist.) Umm, well, they are both..er..
Cometti: ..Midfielders, yes Dermott.

Healy: Word is this guy is the most reliable kick for goal in the side. They say down at Collingwood if you had to have someone kicking for your life, Tarkyn Lockyer would be the man
Commetti: Id prefer my mum
(silence)
Commetti: Not a great footballer, but at least she'd care.

"Ashley McIntosh, like a good hair spray...capable of a subtle hold"

"Barlow to Bateman,the Hawks are attacking alphabetically"

"Simon Cox,he prides himself on his disposal"
Cox then short passes to a teammate 15 metres away.
"Well, I could have done that".

"Bell bringing the ball out of the back line.....looking for wide runners.....passes to Walker...a contradiction in terms, really"

"The goal square's full of Bears, looks like we've got ourselves a convoy

"Parker to Carr......sounds like a match made in heaven!"

After Lloyd gives Wakelin a little slap on ANZAC Day:
"Whoaa, there will be a duel at 5 oclock."

Dennis: "Dear shoots… wait on the goal umpire… behind. A wry smile there from the goal umpire, certainly a sense of the dramatic."
Don Scott: "He's the danger man, Dennis."
Dennis: "Who? The goal umpire?"
Don: "No, Dear. Paul Dear."
Dennis: "Brennan kicks out to the outer side, straight to Paul Dear - you're uncanny Don."

DENNIS:"Whhhhoa CUMMINGS no it was almost a Modra like attempt we can see here in the replay"( As Cummings is in thee air slow motion)
DENNIS:"Modra,Modra,Modra..." (cummings gets no where near the ball looking like a clown) "CUMMINGS"

On former Magpie, Crow and now Cat, Brenton Sanderson: "He goes much better as a mammal"

"I love that surname Fixter. Sounds like something from a Batman movie -The Fixter…but I digress..."

Tony Liberatore had just gone into a pck as he is wont to do and come out with blood gushing from his eye: "Libba went into the pack optimistically and came out misty optically."

Dermie: "Why do you suppose he went side on to take the mark?"
Dennis: "He probably was trying to impress the Russian judge."

"How do you beat Rehn? Where's Stimpy???"

After Darren Gaspar hits the post from 40 metres out: "Gaspar, the unfriendly post"
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

quick wrote:Denis Commetti is the best comintator, here are some classic Commetti calls during play...
Commetti is hilarious, but he's from WA. therefore, he's due for the cull. :P

on a more serious note, as a Hawthorn fan I would like to apologise publically for Dermie. that is all.
Stray

Post by Stray »

quick wrote:Denis Commetti is the best comintator, here are some classic Commetti calls during play...

"Barlow to Bateman,the Hawks are attacking alphabetically"
Oh man, some of those made me laugh out loud. :smt082
I got the "I don't think he's working" look from a couple of workmates
Amick

Post by Amick »

Football fan feels Tiger Brown's pain
Michael Warner
31may05

A FOOTSCRAY woman received serious head injuries after collapsing at the gruesome sight of Richmond star Nathan Brown's broken leg.

Kasey Burnham, 25, blacked out and struck her head on a window sill and tiled floor while watching the Channel 9 broadcast at home on Friday night.
She received bleeding to the brain and is in a satisfactory condition at The Alfred hospital.

At least one other Melbourne woman required treatment after fainting over the horrific final-quarter incident.

Brown snapped the tibia and fibula in his right leg after an attempted spoil by Melbourne Demons' defender Matthew Whelan.

Whelan said later that he felt sick to the stomach when realising the extent of Brown's injury.

The Richmond forward has since had surgery to insert a 40cm metal rod into his leg and will be sidelined until next season.

Ms Burnham's father Warwick said his daughter collapsed without warning while watching the game with her boyfriend.

"She has a weak stomach . . . but it was a bit of a shock over something as simple as that," he said. "She certainly won't be watching it again."

He said ambulance workers who treated her said another woman in the Footscray area had also fainted after seeing the incident on television.

Ms Burnham is expected to make a full recovery.

Did anyone see Nathan Brown's leg snap?

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Amick wrote:Image

Did anyone see Nathan Brown's leg snap?

Fuck that's funny. And yes, if you READ THE THREAD, you will note that others did indeed see his leg snap.
calstro

Post by calstro »

It was a better snap than the one in Bloodsport.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

i wanna see it. anyone got a link to the vid?
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au