THERAPY SESSIONS:Audio/Robyn/Blackout/MC Lowqui : Aftermath

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
ctoafn_DMZ

THERAPY SESSIONS:Audio/Robyn/Blackout/MC Lowqui : Aftermath

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

ImageImage

9.11.08 - JUST ANNOUNCED - MC LOWQUI OFFICIATING PROCEEDINGS

YOU BETTER FUCKIN BELIEVE IT!!!!

We're bringing in some new blood with Of God from Hells Basement Records and Xehpa (who will be bringing in a big sound install). Plus Paul Blackout is back and will be playing headline local set right before Audio.

Audio is gunna have trouble following that one ;-)
Last edited by ctoafn_DMZ on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Izza

Re: THERAPY SESSIONS V:Audio/Robyn Chaos/Paul Blackout:Sat 29/11

Post by Izza »

Well this is good news

:twisted:
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I like Robyn! :D
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
paulblackout

Post by paulblackout »

also, it's just a week after my birthday and will serve as my bday party, so come get your drink on. i know i will ;)
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

nice one.

audio is a badman producer!
RK

Post by RK »

Yeah Audio is full badman, saw a few weeks ago, was fuckin sick.
On the mish.....
deviant

Post by deviant »

this will be heavy as fuck.... paul blackout is a don!

alas I will not be around for this,,,,
spin

Post by spin »

audio tunes have been on fire for the last year or two, their mutants they live underground...

badness!!!
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
ixin

Post by ixin »

Paul blackout is a don of ya mum.!

haha, this is gonna be a great first introduction to victoria, and melbs for that matter

see you there!
on tour

Post by on tour »

sad to have to miss out on this one. camping at earthcore for 5 days....
We will chant with robes on you will learn...
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

on tour wrote:sad to have to miss out on this one. camping at earthcore for 5 days....
Your going back to a bush doof after what happened to you last time, which happened to be around a Therapy Sessions, the first one I believe - you is crazy................
on tour

Post by on tour »

ctoafn_DMZ wrote:
on tour wrote:sad to have to miss out on this one. camping at earthcore for 5 days....
Your going back to a bush doof after what happened to you last time, which happened to be around a Therapy Sessions, the first one I believe - you is crazy................
hahaha! I'm going to try and do both!.. now that's crazy...
paulblackout

Post by paulblackout »

on tour wrote:sad to have to miss out on this one.
I officially don't like you anymore :P
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

Blaxter wrote:Who's Robyn Chaos?
Upcoming....
DNB Sessions Sundays 10.30pm // KISSFM.com.au // 87.6FM
Total Science - 26th June @ Mercat
ctoafn_DMZ

Re: THERAPY SESSIONS:Audio/Robyn/Blackout:Sat 29/11 & MC LOWQUI

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Hot off the press, news just to hand, we've got MC LOWQUI on the mic.

After he tore the roof off Miss L's with Concord Dawn, we couldn't pass by the opportunity to see him spit. He is Metalheadz resident MC, Therapy Sessions London MC and all round nice guy. His passion for the music energises everyone in earshot and gains respect from DJ's, MC's, promoters & punters alike and has made him one of the busiest drum n bass MC's worldwide.

First internatty MC for Therapy - Its gunna get rough!!
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

Tickets in stores as of Thursday - sorry for the delay if anyone tried to get before.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Fark! Gotta gig that night. Spewing that I may notbe abel get along to this.
paulblackout

Post by paulblackout »

not long now - this weekend!!

bring it
LowQui

Post by LowQui »

:blob6:
skippynz

Post by skippynz »

tickets on dooor?
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

skippynz wrote:tickets on dooor?
Yep, there will be tix on the door - probably $35 I'd reckon ;-)
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

sooo bloody pumped to see audio!
fcunitedk

Post by fcunitedk »

Stuck in thailand, GGGGGGGGG
razyier

Post by razyier »

cop it sweet fcunt LOL nah i miss you jack. better be back for ed rush!

anyways, how many tickets at the door/are left? been trying to get one on ITM but it won't let me +____+
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

razyier wrote:cop it sweet fcunt LOL nah i miss you jack. better be back for ed rush!

anyways, how many tickets at the door/are left? been trying to get one on ITM but it won't let me +____+
Thats a bit strange - looks liei teh site is down at the moment as I can't log on to check numbers. There will be tix on the door though but as usual, the earlier you get down the better.
bonsai

Re: THERAPY SESSIONS:Audio/Robyn/Blackout/MC Lowqui : TONIGHT!!!

Post by bonsai »

Audio & Lowqui combination - so good it should that it will probably be made illegal. monster basslines & breaks.

Robyn Chaos was of high standard but disappointed slightly, but having the set after Audio's performance last night would've been a task for any DJ.. she played excellent tunes but was nowhere near as clean as the man himself..

lowqui = dope tek mc & allround gentleman.

big, loud & clear system was called for and utilised... excellent work on that end!
cannot speak highly enough of night owl as venue either. bigups there.

one thing I wanna say though... there were a group of kids harrassing Lowqui/DJs all night, was seriously fucking annoying, no idea what was being said though... if you kids wanna fuckin ask an mc questions or make requests, bounce off to a karaoke bar somewhere. Show some respect to those who deserve it. You aren't at your priavte school socials anymore
Upcoming....
mxmai

Post by mxmai »

wicked night out. blackout, audio and robyn all killed it; lowqui was totally on point. my ears are ringing, i can't hear shit.

props to your vj, too. had some crazy shit going on with the live cams.
ixin

Post by ixin »

had a great time, albeit very drunk.

First dnb night out in Melbourne and it was class.

Props to the dj's, ctoafn, all involved and whoever made the props! horror show

be back soon
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I hear Paul B played some 'unusual' selections. Can anyone verify?
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
samfaction

Post by samfaction »

nice work people, Audio smacks it every time - hope every has a wicked time.
Robyn Chaos

Post by Robyn Chaos »

Thank you all! Sorry so long to get on here but just managed to figure out my password / email / user name on here again (still having fall out from laptop breaking earlier this year, taking all my passwords etc with it)! LOL

aaaaaaaanyhoooo's...awesome, fun and drink and silly infused night, had a great time, everyone was seriously rocking out! LOL Thank you all for coming down and spreading the love, and Myles and Heath for working so hard, as always! Nice to chat and hang with Mr Paul B!! And getting to catch up with Lowqui on the other side of the world (and with his killer tash)..just icing on the ol cake! Australia so far has been really amazing, so seriously, thanks a bunch, I can't say it enough ;)

As said above, though I think at end was mainly the drink getting to me, but damn touring with Audio is NOT easy!! Especially as I am now realising just how many Audio tunes I play!! I mean, you can't just Current Value it for an hour and half (well you can try, but its like trying to wrestle a bull or something in terms of mixing after a while LOL), also Im having a bit of a old school moment and like mixing things like CV with say, old Ed and Op LOL really, I wont lie, a few I had to really work ass of to keep / get in time, but mainly, when you play CV into CV into Donny into Limewax into To Shape the Future lol it sounds looser then it actually is, just due to the crazy beat patterns...but having said that, believe me, I had to change into flat shoes after a few drinks...;lets just put it that way.....

You guys rock! I love coming over here so already sad its over in this particular city, and can't wait until next time! We have a bunch of goodies prepared for next year for your dirty desires...so stick with us kids...xxxx until next time :((( sad goodbyes..
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
LowQui

Post by LowQui »

What a wicked therapy session that was! That was probably the best dnb sound system i've heard in melbourne so far, it felt like herbal at some points when the beats and bass kicked in.

big respect to all the crew who made it happen, it was great to see such a big crew dressing the venue in such a disgusting and filthy style when I passed through to soundcheck.

Audio & the ever beautiful Robyn Chaos both smacked it very hard on the decks with the upfront pressure and there were some old classics that tore the roof down.

I'm glad you enjoyed the dodgy tash robyn, it's finally going today! You can still sponsor me if you want though here: https://www.movember.com/au/donate/dona ... country=au
one thing I wanna say though... there were a group of kids harrassing Lowqui/DJs all night, was seriously fucking annoying, no idea what was being said though... if you kids wanna fuckin ask an mc questions or make requests, bounce off to a karaoke bar somewhere. Show some respect to those who deserve it. You aren't at your priavte school socials anymore
Got to say something on this...
I appreciate your concern bonsai (good to meet you by the way) but i'm big & ugly enough to get rid of any unwanted people hassling me while i'm working on the mic. Those guys & girls down the front were all good IMO, they were having a lot of fun, dancing like mad and I was catching a lot of jokes with them, in fact they were named on the night as my "New Zealand front row massive" and personally I hope to see them out at a lot more events coming up as they brought a massive amount of vibes to the party.
I like talking to good natured people while the party is in full swing, it gives me inspiration for freestyle lyrics etc when someone gives me a crazy word or idea to roll with, and if i'm going deep into a lyric I dont hear people buzzin in my ear anyway...

"Talk to me, dance on stage & rampage, break the rules of raver behaviour"
on tour

Post by on tour »

Sorry to have missed this gig as i was 2 1/2 hours of melbourne. sounds like you cats had a blast. don't make it too long to return...

lex
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

LowQui wrote: "Talk to me, dance on stage & rampage, break the rules of raver behaviour"
appreciate your response man, I couldn't hear what was said (due to the enormous rig heh) & hadn't spotted that crew before so wasnt sure what was going on.. benny just being a presumptuous cunt I suppose.. :tard: apologies to the Kiwi massif.
Respect to the lion tamer inside!
Upcoming....
ctoafn_DMZ

Re: THERAPY SESSIONS:Audio/Robyn/Blackout/MC Lowqui : Aftermath

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

owww - body still hurting, can finally hear again though which helps ;-) Good to see people having a good night, esp the 4 boys who made the trip down from Sydney for 8 hours of partying then returning the next morning, kiwi front row massive and everyone else going mental and enjoying the tuneage. Vibes were rollin'

Big ups to a lot of people for their hard work and support. I dont think the average punter realises how much work is involved to get these things running but I do know that it takes mates to help so:
Firstly Luke, massive help as always in many ways. Couldn't have pulled it together without you punk.
Robyn & Gareth - wicked sets from two very wicked people - Sorry for my "reach around rewinds", had to be done IMO ;-)
Paul - Thanks for going the distance over the course of the weekend, making the trip down from Newcastle and the good suggestion on Sunday arvo dumplings which then turned into a pub crawl. Bastard ;-)
Chris & Josh from Of God - Thanks for the set up help and closing off after Robyn did her thang. Its a tough job closing off after an international and you boys did it well.
Chelone - Thanks for putting a good ol' slice of party vibe inside and your suggestions afterwards which will be put to good use. Glad you had some fun too.
Bec - For helping out put my vision together for the decor set up. Place looked absolutely dope ;-)
Scoob - Organising the big sound inside, got a lot of positive feedback on the rig, shame I couldnt hear them - lol. Really enjoyed your set too, well get more people hearing next time round later in the night.

Also thanks for Kayo for the photos, Heather for putting up with my grumpiness and long hours getting this going (along with the 6 other events this year), Jo for set up and coming down from Sydney, Josh for VJ'ing, Luke for running Night Owl and letting me get drunk, I'm sure I've forgetten more but you know who you are.

I'm having a few month off to re-couperate (with a spot @ Therapy Christchurch on Dec 12) and let the credit card cool off. We've got some big names planned for this coming year so keep your eyes peeled for stuff kicking off in Feb and May onwards. Photos are on Facebook but I'll post some up over the coming days. Feel free to uplaod any pics you have yourself here too ;-)
bonsai

Post by bonsai »

Robyn Chaos wrote:Thank you all! Sorry so long to get on here but just managed to figure out my password / email / user name on here again (still having fall out from laptop breaking earlier this year, taking all my passwords etc with it)! LOL

aaaaaaaanyhoooo's...awesome, fun and drink and silly infused night, had a great time, everyone was seriously rocking out! LOL Thank you all for coming down and spreading the love, and Myles and Heath for working so hard, as always! Nice to chat and hang with Mr Paul B!! And getting to catch up with Lowqui on the other side of the world (and with his killer tash)..just icing on the ol cake! Australia so far has been really amazing, so seriously, thanks a bunch, I can't say it enough ;)

As said above, though I think at end was mainly the drink getting to me, but damn touring with Audio is NOT easy!! Especially as I am now realising just how many Audio tunes I play!! I mean, you can't just Current Value it for an hour and half (well you can try, but its like trying to wrestle a bull or something in terms of mixing after a while LOL), also Im having a bit of a old school moment and like mixing things like CV with say, old Ed and Op LOL really, I wont lie, a few I had to really work ass of to keep / get in time, but mainly, when you play CV into CV into Donny into Limewax into To Shape the Future lol it sounds looser then it actually is, just due to the crazy beat patterns...but having said that, believe me, I had to change into flat shoes after a few drinks...;lets just put it that way.....

You guys rock! I love coming over here so already sad its over in this particular city, and can't wait until next time! We have a bunch of goodies prepared for next year for your dirty desires...so stick with us kids...xxxx until next time :((( sad goodbyes..
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
cannot wait for the return next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) best night in a long time for me musically.. unbelievable tunes from you and Audio (and Lowqui spitta), certainly not loose... i lost my shit on the dancefloor so many times. much respect for your response hey! loved seeing the DJs having a ball too..
come back quickly now... the storm is brewing! :smt007
Upcoming....
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Ctoafn......... your gratitude to the above always deserves a :smt023
You forgot to thank yourself for doing it... and being an all round fucking choice bloke... Thankyou

Place looked insane.. as with all Therapy gigs.. a lot of attention to getting the venue gritty looking (who would have thunk the Owl could have looked any grittier? :wink: )
Plastic lined walls.. with blood... hospital beds with Kelly the slapper getting dosed up with who knows what... and Myles still carrying on parts of Halloweens dress up!
DVS' visuals were superb - standard!
Only caught end of Of God set which was terrifying, especially after 'leaving' jungle tunes!
Wished I had of............ next time!!!!
razyier

Post by razyier »

absolute stormer of a night, big ups ctoafn for putting up another crazy night (and +1 for the cheeky rewinds ahaha). audio/chaos/lowqui tore the place to shreds!

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR~ ^_^
tee193

Post by tee193 »

ears ringing! just the way i like it ahaha, by the time we got their to see the morning massive dry humping the barrier with furious head bobs was amazing! will make it down to the next therapy for sure. big ups myles
LowQui

Post by LowQui »

bonsai wrote:
LowQui wrote: "Talk to me, dance on stage & rampage, break the rules of raver behaviour"
appreciate your response man, I couldn't hear what was said (due to the enormous rig heh) & hadn't spotted that crew before so wasnt sure what was going on.. benny just being a presumptuous cunt I suppose.. :tard: apologies to the Kiwi massif.
Respect to the lion tamer inside!
all good bro, they've been out to concord dawn, bob deep, therapy... will be at ed rush i'm sure, i'll introduce you to them...
paulblackout

Post by paulblackout »

Robyn Chaos wrote: Nice to chat and hang with Mr Paul B!!

PUB CRAWL WIN!!!
ace to meet and hang with you and G too Robyn!

fkn awesome night/weekend. got home just over an hour ago, everything hurts

thanks Myles and everyone else at your place for the hospitality and the encouragement to drink more on Sunday :)

mixtress wrote:I hear Paul B played some 'unusual' selections. Can anyone verify?
yep -
1. centaspike - human virus
2. pb - simulated demons
3. kid kryptic - magnitude
4. pb - insomniac
5. arkon - the robots
6. skull - dynamic culture
7. pb - your own shit
8. cat-grrl - greenie @ heart
8. pb - all youz mfs
10. fiend - bassdrum destroyer
11. forbidden society - manic circle
12. ministry - n.w.o pb rmx
13. fiend - com wid it
ctoafn_DMZ

Post by ctoafn_DMZ »

razyier wrote:absolute stormer of a night, big ups ctoafn for putting up another crazy night (and +1 for the cheeky rewinds ahaha). audio/chaos/lowqui tore the place to shreds!

MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR~ ^_^
You're welcome - There were actually 2 of those sneaky reacaround rewinds. Drill and Symptomless Coma VIP. Fucking killer tracks and totally called for ;-)
razyier

Post by razyier »

now we shall begin... BOOMchikichikiBOOMBOOMCHIEEEEE

huge!
DYLANUK

Post by DYLANUK »

Heard everyone had a crazy fucked up time! wouldnt expect nothing less with Myles running tings! hehe

see you guys soon! i cant wait ;-]

Dylan x