EARTHCORE 2008, Who's coming hmmmm????

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
ghetto kitty

Re: EARTHCORE 2008, Who's coming hmmmm????

Post by ghetto kitty »

man, ive heard so much gossip, for years, about spiro, i have no idea what to believe/repeat!

i bet most of them are true or at least half true :lol:

im not on oztrance for obvious reasons...have you checked out the hubbub there hardy?
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

I have just coined a new term...

When you fuck someone over, take their money, and shoot off to another country - but totally fuck yourself over in the process, ending in a pathetic fashion - it's now called......

Doing a Spiro
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:lol:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ghetto kitty wrote: im not on oztrance for obvious reasons...have you checked out the hubbub there hardy?
Not today (I can't register for some reason), but I saw it all at a mates house the other night. It's pretty brutal!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

ooohhohhohoho
we all know kitty loves a good scandal

im joining now.

edit > 'creating a new account now is currently not possible"

kitty edit > 'creating a new account now is currently not possible due to the amount of bandwidth taken up by earthcore backlash"

?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ghetto kitty wrote:ooohhohhohoho
we all know kitty loves a good scandal

im joining now.

edit > 'creating a new account now is currently not possible"

kitty edit > 'creating a new account now is currently not possible due to the amount of bandwidth taken up by earthcore backlash"

?
Nah I think it's been like that for a while.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i forgot the :teef:

;)
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Just a thought:

if you got a collective of people who had been ripped off by Spiro, you could file a class action lawsuit. In the United States, I believe the magic number is 30 grievances are needed in order for a class action to be filed.

I'm not sure how many complaints have to be registered in Australia for a class action lawsuit, but you do need to clearly show that Spiro was at fault, and that all people share the same grievance (ie: electronic music artist not getting paid for services rendered).

I think this has potential and could be a better avenue to explore than punters trying to get a refund for client dissatisfaction.
Robot Rod

Post by Robot Rod »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:Just a thought:

if you got a collective of people who had been ripped off by Spiro, you could file a class action lawsuit. In the United States, I believe the magic number is 30 grievances are needed in order for a class action to be filed.

I'm not sure how many complaints have to be registered in Australia for a class action lawsuit, but you do need to clearly show that Spiro was at fault, and that all people share the same grievance (ie: electronic music artist not getting paid for services rendered).

I think this has potential and could be a better avenue to explore than punters trying to get a refund for client dissatisfaction.

Those 30 would be better off starting a NEW party, less stress and more satisfaction i reckon.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I'm not going cos I really cant be fucked. Am sure it will be loads of fun, but I couldn't care less tbh
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Even the Facebook group 'I want my Earthcore money back' has been deleted now.

Spiro is watching :lol:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Robot Rod wrote: Those 30 would be better off starting a NEW party, less stress and more satisfaction i reckon.
shhhhhhhh. ;)

and youthful > dude your like three weeks too late man :lol:
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

Gliding High wrote:I have just coined a new term...

When you fuck someone over, take their money, and shoot off to another country - but totally fuck yourself over in the process, ending in a pathetic fashion - it's now called......

Doing a Spiro
:lol:

It used to be called "doing a Skase" (as in Christopher Skase)

but "Doing a Spiro" is a great replacement!
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

You may think this is getting old, but the fight goes on.
This came up on ITM recently.
Spiro threatens legal action, then ITM threatens back.
Check out the PDF's.

THIS IS JUST TOO GOOD!!!!! :boxing:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=239926
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Gliding High wrote:You may think this is getting old, but the fight goes on.
This came up on ITM recently.
Spiro threatens legal action, then ITM threatens back.
Check out the PDF's.

THIS IS JUST TOO GOOD!!!!! :boxing:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/forum/showth ... p?t=239926
Nice! About time they grew a pair!

My mate gave me his login to Oztrance yesterday,. The earthcore thread is up to 44 pages, and they are not taking prisoners.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Awesome.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i didn't read the whole thread but let me guess, spiro fucked everyone over (ticket holders, acts, vendors etc) and the event was a complete balls up like it has been for the past 6 years.

Last Earthcore ever!!11 desperate man acting in a desperate fashion
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

you guessed right.

but this year was on a level id never imagined possible, even with all the history.
Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

I've been keeping tabs on the other forums all day - and this shit has spiralled way out of control.
Seems to me that this is the first time EC's exploits have been communicated to the masses on such a scale.
People are out for 'you know who's' blood - with lawsuits and criminal accusations rife.
Basically, he's destroyed himself. I know he's got away with lots of bad stuff before, but seems like he's totally arse-banged now. EVERYONE now knows.

This is the second time he's liquidated a company, and if the legal eagles on the forums are correct, he cannot do it again without serious repercussions.
Also, someone is going to nail him for not giving any money back, or supplying info about acts not showing. People have sent info to ASIC. (Just wondering, would ACA or today tonight be interested in this?)
He'll either top himself or go AWOL - and you can be assured he will try to drag as many people down with hims as possible.

Anyway, I have my beer and popcorn, with my mouse hand a'flickin.
I aint had so much fun since uncle Barry got his nuts caught in the ringer! :smt005
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Gliding High wrote: Anyway, I have my beer and popcorn, with my mouse hand a'flickin.
I aint had so much fun since uncle Barry got his nuts caught in the ringer! :smt005
:smt005 right with you...

the forums have been better than any soap opera the last few weeks!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

The whole Shpongle thing has huge grounds for a fraud claim. Forgetting that Spazz was clearly in breach of contract, you don't need a calculator to work out that he would not even be able to cover HALF the expense of putting on those shows... yet "planned" to go ahead with it anyway.

*Puts on conspiracy hat*

It's hard not to think that he needed some bucks to prop up Earthcore, so he sold tix for Shpongle and now "has been advised by his solicitor to cease trading and NOT give refunds".

Crock of shit.

For further insanity, check out the "Maitreya Festival - The TRUTH" group they created on facebook. It is utterly fucking batshit crazy on a whole new level.
on tour

Post by on tour »

whatever the fuck. saturday was one of the best techno sessions i have ever had. Leiner and dave the drummer played some of the illest techno that i have heard at a gig for a while. the sound system was amazing proving that the funktion 1 when set up properly was built by aliens and surpasses most of what one hears at gigs these days. the stage set up was evil. i have never been paid for playing at an earthcore but i demand i get in for free to all his gigs.... hahahaha!
We will chant with robes on you will learn...
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

on tour wrote:whatever the fuck. saturday was one of the best techno sessions i have ever had. Leiner and dave the drummer played some of the illest techno that i have heard at a gig for a while. the sound system was amazing proving that the funktion 1 when set up properly was built by aliens and surpasses most of what one hears at gigs these days. the stage set up was evil. i have never been paid for playing at an earthcore but i demand i get in for free to all his gigs.... hahahaha!
...except the time a couple of years back where we had to pay on the door...
menace

Post by menace »

Gliding High

Post by Gliding High »

Yes, he's truly fucko'd himself on a world scale now.
No one with any integrity would work with him again - but then again, from what I know of dance music, there will probably be a fair few people who will want to lick his greasy little balls - or who don't know any better.
I've met a fair few dudes who would play the opening of a packet of chips.

Anyway, I hope someone shoots him out of a cannon into a pile of rotting afterbirth.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Hardy wrote:Spiro is in New Caledonia for an Earthcore party there...
Yep, a country with no extradition laws. What an amazing coincidence, I'm like, shocked :shock:

If some current affairs show doesn't pick this up soon I'll be surprised. There's probably a whole bunch of people who don't read ITM or Oztrance...let everyone have some education on this fucker.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

its hardly groundbreaking news for the main stream populous to worry about though is it?

EDM promoter fucks over a whole slew of people in the scene and then flees the country?

happened before, and will again...

not to mention the fact that with 2am lockuots/violence and the recent bad press aruond 'ravers' ODing at gigs,
the mainstream peeps are prolly just gonna go 'serves them right for taking gutter drugs' or some other irrelevant, sweeping statement that the press is great for inspiring.
jellybean

Post by jellybean »

Ghetto Kitty - I am sad that you are probably right. As someone who has never experienced earthcore - it is an amazing soap opera that has unfolded. Whoever this guys is - he clearly lacks the kind of moral guide that most folk possess, and its is a shame to have ripped off so many people and to appear oblivious to the carnage left behind.
For every Spiro though - I figure that there are many more decent folk out there putting on a great show for all.