Whos been at work in the heat?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
NakedAge

Whos been at work in the heat?

Post by NakedAge »

anyone? I want to punch work
antis

Re: Whos been at work in the heat?

Post by antis »

our airconditioning stuffed up yesterday, 35 degrees in the office

no fun
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

I worked in a factory. In the inwards area, where the roller doors are... lifiting heavy boxes and shit.. ... So people like me are kind of thinking your a bit of a pussy office boy :D

nah I'm kidding.. Its fair fucking shit tho. I'm looking forward to watching Today Tonight because they're talking about Hot Day Sickies at work. I think I deserve one.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

They've been trying to lay concrete at my school for a week now, but it apparently has to be below 35 to do this. Alas, no concrete and it needs to be done or we're screwed next week with 5 classrooms unavailable.

Also, workers have it in their contracts that if it hits 40, they get the day off. 3 days off this week. So new railing for second level walkway remains unfinished.

I had to move all my stuff to my new office though and I reckon I've lost 5 kilos just from that...FUCK IT'S HOT!!! Air conditioners cant be installed into new buildings for some lame reason, so we're sweltering at the moment.

Basketball last night was a war of attrition...

I HATE THE HEAT!!! This is worse than watching the Demons...

That was for you, D.

:mrgreen:
nic

Post by nic »

rofl
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

I worked 3 hours yesterday morning trying to beat the heat but hanging from ropes 20 storeys up replacing a tinted sheet of glass didn't really make that possible. If it were on the west face we would have been fine but no, someone had to break a window on the east didn't they! Grrr
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Mannnnn don't you just wanna end cunts when they do that?

Its like 45 degrees, and the general consensus is "ok its hot, we understand, we take a day off, you take a day off, we chillax and put everything forward a day"

But, always 1 cunt has to ruin it for everyone. I'm so angry at my bosses right now that if I get fired, I couldn't give a fuck. Everyones been so snappy at eachother the last 3 days. The lack of concentration because of the heat has caused so many mistakes that, they would of been better giving us the days off. ... And so, this is the price we pay huh?

Fuck money.. I fucking hate it. Money is the reason its 45 degrees. If we didn't have to build a fucking economy we wouldn't of had to rape the enviroment with industrial waste and we wouldn't now have to be fucken dieing in 45 degree heat, being angry and disgruntled with our work mates who are our friends because we're all uncomfortable, and we'd all be fucking HAPPY!!! ... I so want to go on a violent revult right now.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

lol severe

im working in a brand new office complex (industrial park stylez) and the bright young engineering team who planned it out put down white concrete instead of black concrete on the area surrounding all the buildings. So on a hot sunny morning you can't look up and you can't fucking look down, it's like a mirror on the ground.

You know those toilet cleaner duck commercials where the bathroom's so clean and white that people come stumbling out of it and hurt themselves on furniture. Yeah, like that...I've got one hand covering my eyes and the other hand outstretched looking for my car :roll:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Your penis must have such strength if it can ballance a laptop on it whilst you walk to your car :D

(Sorry I couldn't resist).

The actual, temperature itself isnt bad. Its the sun and glare.
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

Oh god..

[bitestongue/]
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

um na, I don't think mixtress has a penis...

Whats this obsession with the male organ anyway?
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Thats the point of what I said DERRRRRRRRR. If one hand is covering HER eyes, and the other is out stretched to find HER car, whats holding the laptop up to type the post? Get it?

The correct way to of said it would have been "I HAD one arm out stretched to find my car and one covering my eyes" in the PAST tense.

Fair enough it was a shit joke but Jesus, I thought even you guys would of gotten that one. :P
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

NakedAge wrote:Thats the point of what I said DERRRRRRRRR. If one hand is covering HER eyes, and the other is out stretched to find HER car, whats holding the laptop up to type the post? Get it?

The correct way to of said it would have been "I HAD one arm out stretched to find my car and one covering my eyes" in the PAST tense.

Fair enough it was a shit joke but Jesus, I thought even you guys would of gotten that one. :P
Probably not HER penis.
L-J

Post by L-J »

We did get it....

it was just just not funny. Plain and simple.
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
mecka

Post by mecka »

apophenian

Post by apophenian »

NakedAge wrote:Thats the point of what I said DERRRRRRRRR. If one hand is covering HER eyes, and the other is out stretched to find HER car, whats holding the laptop up to type the post? Get it?

Oh duh I get it, so it's a slice of male chauvinism/homo erotica mixed with a dash of condescending grammar lesson!

btw, your last sentence should read:

The correct way to have said it would have been "I HAD one arm out stretched to find my car and one covering my eyes" in the PAST tense."

But I guess you probably said it with your penis
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Of course I did :D

And I think any one who is reading it as homo-eroticism mixed with a dash chauvenism and all that has a case of the "My farts smell good" syndrome.

Its a joke, it's SUPPOSED to be shit and lame, your not supposed to laugh and say "wow thats hilarious tell another" your supposed to say "har har, that was so fucking lame" and the lameness of the joke is supposed to be at most, MILDLY entertaining.

... .... Lets all stare with absolutely no expression what so ever right now, and pause quietly and then turn to another direction to undervalue what was just said :D

Really, you gotta take the stupidity of my lame jokes for what they are not read too much into them. MWAH! your allright tho, love your stuff :D
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

how about we all just move on with our lives.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
nic

Post by nic »

put a donk on it
mecka

Post by mecka »

NakedAge wrote:Meaningless drivel
Why the fuck are you still here?

We don't need multiple threads about the heat no matter how much it makes you hard.

Your joke was SHIT not because it was lame but because it didn't make any fucking SENSE.

Jesus christ the last thing i want to read on this forum is the weak defensive mewling of some pseudo-intellectual fuckass who likes to pretend he's down to earth when really he's just desperate for attention. Every single post you make is designed to draw attention to yourself and belittle others in the process. Grow a fucking spine.

Mods, please man up and ban this stupid cunt already.
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

Is it that every post i make is designed to draw attention to myself, or, are you just pissed off that no matter what I write it gets YOUR attention? Enough for you to click on it to read it and then have a cry? Because lets face it, it does say who starts the topic, surely if your able to pass judgement on EVERYTHING I post, which you have stated, then you would of had to examine it. Thus, surely you would know what to expect, so, really, you'd have to be pretty fucking stupid to click it and read it if you allready allegedly 'Know' that 'Everything' I type is designed to get attention.

Don't tell the mods to man up, I think it's YOU who needs to man the fuck up and stop paying so much attention to me. Afterall, if I'm such an attention seeker, then you're only giving me what I want.
Gliding High
Location: Little Evil's evil cave, 666 Nasty St, Horribleville

Post by Gliding High »

NakedAge wrote:
Don't tell the mods to man up, I think it's YOU who needs to man the fuck up and stop paying so much attention to me. Afterall, if I'm such an attention seeker, then you're only giving me what I want.
Tell us what you do want man?
A helping hand, friends, therapy?
Your obviously a disturbed dude - reach out and some of the kind souls on here could direct you in the right direction.

I know a really good euthanasia clinic that is looking for new patients.
A pamphlet coming your way if you want it.
But that's the last time I'm being nice.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I can't let this pass.

el⋅lip⋅sis
   /ɪˈlɪpsɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lip-sis] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ses  /-siz/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [-seez] Show IPA Pronunciation .
1. Grammar.
a. the omission from a sentence or other construction of one or more words that would complete or clarify the construction, as the omission of who are, while I am, or while we are from I like to interview people sitting down.
b. the omission of one or more items from a construction in order to avoid repeating the identical or equivalent items that are in a preceding or following construction, as the omission of been to Paris from the second clause of I've been to Paris, but they haven't.
2. Printing. a mark or marks as ——, …, or * * *, to indicate an omission or suppression of letters or words.

During my sentence...

"Yeah, like that...I've got one hand covering my eyes and the other hand outstretched looking for my car",

the ellipsis denotes a continuation, as in "yeah like that. Whenever I'm outside, I've got one hand covering my eyes and the other hand outstretched looking for my car"

I didn't expect anyone not to understand that.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
NakedAge

Post by NakedAge »

............. It was a joke, it was made clear from the start that it was a joke. will you all just fucking relax. It was intentionally supposed to be a BAD joke. It wasn't meant to have you in stitches on the floor, just to have people say "Har Har" in their heads and thats it. Are some of you really that sad? Lighten up.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

fuck's sake children, enough is really enough. 2x temporary bans.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl