Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Lil MiSbreaks

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

OMG

Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance Incompetance

USELESS AIR WASTER :banghead: :banghead:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Blaxter wrote:You talking to me? Uncomfort?
I wasn't, but I could come round and snuggle if you'd like?
almax

Post by almax »

Im sorry to read that Oli, hope your turn in the sunshine comes soon.
TED may be able to help a little, heres 2 that i have watched and there is a few more there. First one by Dan Gilbert is the biz, its on how to manufacture happiness.

Dan Gilbert, author of Stumbling on Happiness, challenges the idea that we’ll be miserable if we don’t get what we want. Our "psychological immune system" lets us feel truly happy even when things don’t go as planned.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/dan_g ... happy.html

What is happiness, and how can we all get some? Biochemist turned Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard says we can train our minds in habits of well-being, to generate a true sense of serenity and fulfillment.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/matth ... iness.html
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

deviant wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:.....and dont drink too much booze.
good advice, coming from you :teef:
its good advice coming from anyone, especially me. :)
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
spazz

Post by spazz »

Shit it really is a crappy week eh. Just a really hard week to generate any sort of happiness.

Condolences on your loss Steve. Chin up Oli.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

youthful_implants wrote:
Lizkins wrote:
mecka wrote:i don't give a fuck how emo i sound but when i'm crying myself to sleep alone in the dark at the age of 27... does it ever get better? or is it just me?

where the hell did everything go wrong?

it takes time, you know that. Its fuckin gut wrenching now, but that will pass, promise

sending you much love dude
she's absolutely right, try and keep busy, see friends and tell them how you're feeling, and dont drink too much booze.

too right YI

Oli-san - a photo missioning we shall go. there are these cool hangy things in Fed Square at the moment that i want to photograph. night time mission ftw!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Nice one Hardy
Amick

Post by Amick »

group hug?
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Amick wrote:group hug?
I would, but I have a stiffy and it may be a bit awkward.
quick

Post by quick »

lol
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
retzie

Post by retzie »

Urgh, just bought my ticket back to stupid Oklahoma. Was trying to pretend I di'n't have to go back :(

Small ups MEL-LAX return being less than $AUD1K.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Hardy wrote:
Amick wrote:group hug?
I would, but I have a stiffy and it may be a bit awkward.
lean forward? 8)
aroes

Post by aroes »

GOTD- letting somebody down in a big way

small ups to closure and getting on with shit
FunkyJ

Post by FunkyJ »

big gripe about fucking construction work occurring outside my house at 12am and continuing until 3am on a bloody weeknight.

Soooo tired and grumpy!
Ready to drop, Audio rock, here comes the boy from the South!
-= www.funkyj.com =-
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Stupid emotionals. I'm trying to enjoy the beautiful day and the fact that although I'm unemployed I'm not stressing about money yet so I have some freedom. But I just feel blah.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
deviant

Post by deviant »

FunkyJ wrote:big gripe about fucking construction work occurring outside my house at 12am and continuing until 3am on a bloody weeknight.

Soooo tired and grumpy!
ring the local council.... that is very not allowed
youthful_implants

mixtress wrote:Stupid emotionals. I'm trying to enjoy the beautiful day and the fact that although I'm unemployed I'm not stressing about money yet so I have some freedom. But I just feel blah.
blow it all on nosebag and one night of debauchery FTWang.
Strontium Music

@MILCO@

Post by @MILCO@ »

my boss is a complete and utter tool, i hate him, he is completely fucked in the head, no wonder his wife devorced him and his kids will not speak to him.

his claim that the company is "not turning a profit" when there are 5 of us working in total and we have completed three 2 million+ jobs,

so he will not give anyone a pay rise due to us not making money....... yet the accountant at work was just saying to us how good this years profits are... at which point the boss looks at all the workers sheepishly....

then to top it off he goes out a buys a $150,000 Merc which he asked me to negotiate and buy with him at the merc dealer!!!

TOOL!!!!!!!

anyway i am look for a new job............
-------
The answer is more Horsepower......Doesnt matter what the question is...
my cars 1972 LJ GTR torana, 1974 HQ V8 Monaro, 1976 tagged V8 LX torana, 1973 HQ V8 one tonner
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I've had a boss like that. Made a $280,000 sales that I know yielded about 40% profit...two weeks later he was driving a Mercedes convertible and I lost my job. All the hard yards were done and he was going to get those kinds of sales from the client on a regular basis. What did he need me for?

Cuntbag.
youthful_implants

GOTD - skint.
Strontium Music

L-J

Post by L-J »

being forced by my employer to either resign or get the sack.

TWATS!
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fucking hell

employers suck these days.

sorry to hear everyones job woes.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

L-J wrote:being forced by my employer to either resign or get the sack.

TWATS!
Sucks LJ, sorry to hear.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

@MILCO@ wrote:my boss is a complete and utter tool, i hate him, he is completely fucked in the head, no wonder his wife devorced him and his kids will not speak to him.

his claim that the company is "not turning a profit" when there are 5 of us working in total and we have completed three 2 million+ jobs,

so he will not give anyone a pay rise due to us not making money....... yet the accountant at work was just saying to us how good this years profits are... at which point the boss looks at all the workers sheepishly....

then to top it off he goes out a buys a $150,000 Merc which he asked me to negotiate and buy with him at the merc dealer!!!

TOOL!!!!!!!

very big cunt effort!

:smt006
deviant

Post by deviant »

kronz wrote:Micromanagement

What is the point of my job if:
- everything i do i have to explain it to you
-after every meeting i have i have to talk to you for half an hour about what was noted
-every report i write you rewrite it, you keep the content the same but just put it in your own words

Then you hammer me for going over budget. I go over budget becasue
-You are a cunt and dont allocate me enough time
-You take the majority of chargabel time wasting reworking stuff that doesn't need it
-I waste heaps of my time dealing with your micromanagement, when i have to read my notes to you it is a waste of my time i could be doing the actual work.

Motherfucker
One of the managers here just got a desk right near mine.... painful

she has actually been listening in to phone calls and debriefing staff around me on individual calls. fuck me
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I am sick to death of hating my job and letting it turn me into a constantly angery motherfucker.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
L-J

Post by L-J »

Must be the time of the year....

suppose it could be a blessing. I hated my job. It was boring, it wasn't challenging and i wasnt motivated working there.
The South East Connection-Every Sat 9am-11am GMT+1 8pm-10pm GMT+10
Big Tings-24th Oct With Coki, Loefah, Mj Cole and Zed Bias @ Roxannes
Branded Beats- 6th Nov @ Mercat
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

Gaaaaaah!

Clients who keep trying to sneak in work that wasn't quoted for, and not just little things, more like an extra week of work on something that is supposed to be finished in 6 weeks!!!!
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Finally found an app to play JJJ, got it before, all good, had a listen, beautiful.

4pm rolls on and it wont work!! WTF?!?!?! It was working before, dont be a dick

Gimme back my $2.50 cunts.
mecka

Post by mecka »

fucking drowning.
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

FunkyJ wrote:big gripe about fucking construction work occurring outside my house at 12am and continuing until 3am on a bloody weeknight.

Soooo tired and grumpy!
what sort of site mate? apartments?
mrj

Post by mrj »

TWATS!
dude. thats called constructive dismissal, and there is a remedy available, assuming you want to take em on.

its hard to know what would be granted as comp, unlikely to be specific performance (ie reinstatement) but you could angle for money that you would have statutorily been entitled to under a redundancy. but im not a lawyer so check first with someone who is.

all i know is that in HR 101 the first thing you learn is never say to an employee "resign or we will fire you" because its the number 1 way to land the company in a no-win protracted legal battle that will cost heaps and lose you your own job.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mrj

Post by mrj »

mrj wrote:

TWATS!
dude. thats called constructive dismissal, and there is a remedy available, assuming you want to take em on.

its hard to know what would be granted as comp, unlikely to be specific performance (ie reinstatement) but you could angle for money that you would have statutorily been entitled to under a redundancy. but im not a lawyer so check first with someone who is.

all i know is that in HR 101 the first thing you learn is never say to an employee "resign or we will fire you" because its the number 1 way to land the company in a no-win protracted legal battle that will cost heaps and lose you your own job.
http://www.lawhandbook.sa.gov.au/ch16s08s05.php

read at the link if you want some more info

from my limited understanding a remedy would only be available if the employer had used the threat to "resign or be sacked" and as a result had managed to not discharge of their neccesary duties under australian law. so for example if they did not allow the terminating employee procedural fairness and therefore had no grounds for termination.

some of this will depend on how long you have been at the employer. if you were in your probation period then they only have to give one weeks notice and no real reason for termination, provided the grounds are not discriminatory or something. so in this situation you may win a court battle but the most you could hope for would be a weeks salary. hardly worth it.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Amick

Post by Amick »

carrying a drunk mate who weighs a tonne. not doing that again anytime soon.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

@MILCO@ wrote:my boss is a complete and utter tool, i hate him, he is completely fucked in the head, no wonder his wife devorced him and his kids will not speak to him.

TOOL!!!!!!!

I hear ya bro, fucking cunts the lot of them!

I need a new job to.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
calstro

Post by calstro »

Monday...... :angry2:
deviant

Post by deviant »

calstro wrote:Monday...... :angry2:
that, and to the dude right out the front door of my work with the loudest cement saw in the known universe.....

:angry5:
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

neighbors knocking on bedroom wall from theirs at 10pm friday night because of a bit of bass

who the fark goes to bed at 10pm on a friday... and then they were anglegrinding or something in their garage most of saturday

another gripe = anyone who lives in hawthorn who isn't a uni student. all mercedes driving kents who also like to complain about anything and everything
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

its quite possible that they weren't trying just to sleep but were more concerned about the general levels of bass affecting their ability to enjoy or relax in thier home, paritucalrly if it carried through their apartment and/or went on for a while. often its hard to estimate how loud the bass sounds through the wall, as on your side you hear all the music, but on theirs its just the thud carrying through.
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

yeah true, but i know the floorplans are reversed and it would have been their (probably spare) bedroom, and wouldnt have carried through to their living room. i know coz i couldnt even hear it from our living room.
and wouldnt have been thud, was making fm8 bass presets, at low volume. yes i know its hard to estimate how much it would carry, i just doubt very much that if they were relaxing on their couch with 3 walls in between it wouldve been audible
Caleidoscope

Post by Caleidoscope »

Work.

SICK of work.

SICK OF THE FUCKS WHO WORK HERE
quick

Post by quick »

FoundationStepper wrote:its quite possible that they weren't trying just to sleep but were more concerned about the general levels of bass affecting their ability to enjoy or relax in thier home, paritucalrly if it carried through their apartment and/or went on for a while. often its hard to estimate how loud the bass sounds through the wall, as on your side you hear all the music, but on theirs its just the thud carrying through.
old bastard :teef:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

inflamed discs.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
deviant

Post by deviant »

you have multiple dicks?

:shock:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

fucking fines from council for fucking posters.

sometimes i wonder if this city is squashing its culture, or supporting it.

GRRRRR
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

How much they sting you GK?
deviant

Post by deviant »

I heard that a club I work for got $15K in poster fines... apparently they are cracking down lately.
youthful_implants

15K! ouch.

GOTD - infighting on nuskoolbreaks.co.uk is killing the scene.
Strontium Music

fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

deviant wrote:you have multiple dicks?

:shock:
multicock!
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

my GOTD

the speakers outside my windows that are letting off a hum.

urge to kill....rising