T.V

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mixtress

Re: T.V

Post by mixtress »

Adrian bought a season of Magnum PI on Saturday and we've been watching episodes back to back for hours. Long live 80's television.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
quick

Post by quick »

yay Tahnee won!!!!!
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

quick wrote:yay Tahnee won!!!!!

:scr1pt: Woot! But i almost think Claire should have won it, better imo
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
quick

Post by quick »

but she was a bitch... Tahnee is so cute and sweet...
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

there is a difference between being a good model and someone you want to screw :P

and she wasn't always a bitch, Tahnee was a bitch sometimes too
click here fo fotos
quick

Post by quick »

Hey Liz.... Tahnee won :smt016
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

lol
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

shut up you two
click here fo fotos
Amick

Post by Amick »

TV = Ashes Series 2009 for the next week...
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Amick wrote:TV = Ashes Series 2009 for the next week...
put ya to sleep faster than a Stilnox

:smt015

Just finished Series 4 of The Wire, NEED to d/l Series 5 now. getting withdrawals already
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
quick

Post by quick »

no way Glenny... ashes is BRILLIANT!!!

love the cricket, love watching tests.... full 5 day strategy session with skills and thrills...
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

The Tender Trap with Frank Sinatra is on Ch 9 right now, with Debbie Reynolds as one of his many love interests. Maaaan I love old movies...the clothes, the hair and makeup, the colour and texture of the film, the music and especially the way they talk.

It's dreamy...
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I'm watching it too mixxy...not sure if ive seen it before.
hilarious that the same things go on with men n women then as now, same lines even! so funny.

and - thank FUCK as every other station has FUCKING sport on. God i hate this country's fixation on sport sometimes.
Amick

Post by Amick »

ghetto kitty wrote:and - thank FUCK as every other station has FUCKING sport on. God i hate this country's fixation on sport sometimes.
blasphemy
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Amick wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:and - thank FUCK as every other station has FUCKING sport on. God i hate this country's fixation on sport sometimes.
blasphemy
nah fuck that. There has to be some kind of variety. Was so chuffed when that classic movie came on, I'm sick of Saturday's AND Sunday's being completely run over by sport. It has it's place, but not on every channel at the same time.

Kitty, you should watch That Touch Of Mink with Cary Grant and Doris Day. A total headfuck when you compare it to today's standards. It's scary how much, and how little times have changed.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

mixtress wrote: It has it's place, but not on every channel at the same time.

Kitty, you should watch That Touch Of Mink with Cary Grant and Doris Day. A total headfuck when you compare it to today's standards. It's scary how much, and how little times have changed.
totally.

I might get that one mixxy...for a laugh and a little anthroplogical insight :lol:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

mixtress wrote:The Tender Trap with Frank Sinatra is on Ch 9 right now, with Debbie Reynolds as one of his many love interests. Maaaan I love old movies...the clothes, the hair and makeup, the colour and texture of the film, the music and especially the way they talk.

It's dreamy...
I watched that one :lol: i liked it. Frank was a hottie back then! I never knew.....
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

They didn't call him Ol' Blue Eyes for nothing! Mad eye colour and a pretty slick smile too.
mecka

Post by mecka »

The Masterchef finale was fucking rigged. Julie getting coaching from the judges... still getting criticised for her tart. What. The. Fuck.

I hate Poh too (omg she cooked asian again surprise surprise... I called Hainanese Chicken Rice before she'd even started cooking).

quick

Post by quick »

i called gay masterchef post before i read it...

is every second status update on facebook, so lol
mecka

Post by mecka »

nobody gives a fuck what you think steve.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I saw that look Chris gave Julie when she won too, sore loser.
mecka

Post by mecka »

The problem is that in a challenge primarily designed around the presentation of food, Julie didnt plate up hers properly which imo equals instant fail. What was the point of having a timelimit otherwise?
quick

Post by quick »

mecka wrote:nobody gives a fuck what you think steve.
lol, cute little disgruntled Oliver

:smt056
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

mecka wrote:The Masterchef finale was fucking rigged. Julie getting coaching from the judges... still getting criticised for her tart. What. The. Fuck.

I hate Poh too (omg she cooked asian again surprise surprise... I called Hainanese Chicken Rice before she'd even started cooking).

Doesn't he always look like that?
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Our power went off at about 6:30. We had braised lamb shanks in the oven, had been there for 2 hours, had 2 hours to go and no power. :shock:

Came back on at 7:25, :lol: just in time!

Ive liked Julie for a while, so I was happy with the end. If the invension test wasnt meat though, could have been closer.

And yeah, telly Julie her Sorbet was grainy gave her a chance to make another one. Dunno about that comment
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

find it amazing how people consume TV as "what i saw on the box is what happened"

How do we know that they did not give both people advise all the way through, because they did not show it? :lol:

As for the bias with Julie winning, well pretty predictable really. It is a big advert after all.

I turned it off after they went to ads for the 15th time as they were about to make an announcement. Where did originallity go? Made me so angry. Music calmed me down.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

There's no originality in TV, it's all formula formula formula. May I introduce you to "Dance Your Ass Off"

:roll:
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

That one is a massive MASSIVE (pardon the pun) joke.

I see your point D boy.. but isnt Telly ALL TRUE?!?!?! :wink: :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

what a finale, thank fuck for fast-forwarding ads (man how many did they have - i reckon i fast forwarded an hours worth).

Yay for Julie! and awesome to see Poh getting something from one of the expert chiefs. Chris was the only one not offered anything, weird
click here fo fotos
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mixtress wrote:There's no originality in TV, it's all formula formula formula. May I introduce you to "Dance Your Ass Off"

I thought that was actually a joke, like an ad for a new sketch show or something.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Chris will probably end up being the equivelant of Shannon Noll. didn't win the final but making a better career out of their passion than the actual winner.
The music leading up to the announcement was pretty epic.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Hardy wrote:
mixtress wrote:There's no originality in TV, it's all formula formula formula. May I introduce you to "Dance Your Ass Off"

I thought that was actually a joke, like an ad for a new sketch show or something.
So did I. The clips of the people dancing didn't help quash that thought one iota. Nor did the Australian voice-over saying Ass in an American accent.
gnat

Post by gnat »

i miss masterchef! was so good sitting down with dinner and a glass of wine and watch him

lollllllllllz at that perfect couple show last night. deplorable television

amazing race is back tonight...

LIZ and PC did you hear me???

AMAZING RACE IS BAKC TONIGHT!!>>!!!11.1
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I discovered that it was on the other night. Yaay! I want to see how far that hillbilly couple go. they look interesting.

A friend has just returned from Vietnam and they were filming the Amazing Race while he was in HCMC. He saw Phil the host and the contestants one day, and then they were all at the airport the evening he flew home. You weren't allowed to take photos, but he got one taken of himself with 2 Harlem Globetrotters who were doing the race. The photo is amazing as they have their basketball gear on, they're huge guys, and one of them is spinning a ball on his finger LOL [ ....in the airport, as you do, travel the world in a race with a basket ball ] Fun fun! :D
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Been watching the 7pm project in lieu of Masterchef and its really not as good.

The main dude is ok, but the woman is rubbish and Hughsey only occasionally funny. Fail!
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

youthful_implants wrote:Been watching the 7pm project in lieu of Masterchef and its really not as good.

The main dude is ok, but the woman is rubbish and Hughsey only occasionally funny. Fail!
Go Straight To FA1L

Do Not Pass Go

Do Not Collect $200.00

What are you doing watching that living abortion of a show?
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
youthful_implants

C.I.A. wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:Been watching the 7pm project in lieu of Masterchef and its really not as good.

Go Straight To FA1L

Do Not Pass Go

Do Not Collect $200.00

Well I watch it to keep abreast of current affairs and important national issues of course. :teef:

Its pretty much the closest thing Australia has to accessible political commentary on TV without being all out satire. ;)

I know its dumbed-down pish but thats TV for you - why what do you have against it?
Last edited by youthful_implants on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Strontium Music

C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

youthful_implants wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:

Go Straight To FA1L

Do Not Pass Go

Do Not Collect $200.00

Well I watch it to keep abreast of current affairs and important national issues of course. :teef:

Its pretty much the closest thing Australia has to accessible political commentary on TV without being all out satire. ;)

I know its dumbed-down pish but thats TV for you - why what do you have against it?
:lol:

I actually don't really watch tv. SBS news then I'll throw on a dvd/play xbox/read a book. I just end up tense and wanting to kill Fifi Box or Koshie and Mel :)

Does anyone else think that Bert Newton should ease up on the botox??
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
youthful_implants

C.I.A. wrote:

I actually don't really watch tv. SBS news then I'll throw on a dvd/play xbox/read a book. I just end up tense and wanting to kill Fifi Box or Koshie and Mel and devising specific tortures for Richard Wilkins and Naomi Robson :)
I dont really watch TV with any intellectual interest its just to vegetate, stuff like that and Masterchef is perfect for passing mindless time.

If I'm not doing that, I'm probably doing something very important and interesting. :lol:
Strontium Music

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

heh i mostly hate TV.
i love wednesday night TV on ABC tho.

8.30pm
Spicks & Specks ( i should be on this show. I get so many of them right that they dont! and i like alan and myf)

9pm
The Chaser's War on Everything (boring lately tbh, and last show ever, so lets hope its huge)

9.30pm
United States of Tara (new show with toni collette playing housemom with 5 split personalities, looks good!)

i have a go go dancing class tommorrow tho, damn im gonna go go home home really FAST to catch this.
youthful_implants

My wife Tina really likes a show she watches on the internet called 'The Real House Wifes of New Jersey' but they do it for different states in the US.

I can't really see the appeal but then I dont like Desperate Housewives or Sex and the City either. Just like any normal bloke.
Strontium Music

Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Dan loves Sex in the City though.....

It has something to do with his new haircut I think
youthful_implants

Feigan wrote:Dan loves Sex in the City though.....

Strontium Music

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Feigan wrote:Dan loves Sex in the City though.....

NICE ONE DAN.
Don't hate me for house
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

gnat wrote:i miss masterchef! was so good sitting down with dinner and a glass of wine and watch him

lollllllllllz at that perfect couple show last night. deplorable television

amazing race is back tonight...

LIZ and PC did you hear me???

AMAZING RACE IS BAKC TONIGHT!!>>!!!11.1

On it! Thanks Gnatty :D

they are playing an old one on foxtel too, well sweet! I love Amazing Race
click here fo fotos
Fents

Post by Fents »

Hahah did anyone watch the double NCIS last night? fuck me....they had this dead body in a mourge and it was a Herion drug runner, so the main man made a doctor cut the body open to retrive the Herion. This dead blokes sister was watching the whole thing and she was a junkie wanting a fix. This doctor cut the H out but spilled it everywhere. Next thing you know this dead guys sister is smorting lines of herion out of her dead brothers intestines! pretty full on.
youthful_implants

Fents wrote:Hahah did anyone watch the double NCIS last night? fuck me....they had this dead body in a mourge and it was a Herion drug runner, so the main man made a doctor cut the body open to retrive the Herion. This dead blokes sister was watching the whole thing and she was a junkie wanting a fix. This doctor cut the H out but spilled it everywhere. Next thing you know this dead guys sister is smorting lines of herion out of her dead brothers intestines! pretty full on.
Yeah I saw that it was GRIM! Nice twist in the second episode too...
Strontium Music

calstro

Post by calstro »

Fents wrote:smorting lines of herion out of her dead brothers intestines!
IMO...the only way to do it.

You haven't done lines until you've done them out of intestines!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

go Cal!