Lamb - Dec 30th @ Prince Bandroom

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
J0rdz

Lamb - Dec 30th @ Prince Bandroom

Post by J0rdz »

LAMB (UK)
Wed 30th December
DOORS @19:30
with special guests
$60.50 + bf
The Frontier Touring Co. and inthemix present

TICKETS ON SALE THURSDAY 26TH NOVEMBER

Tickets $60.50 + booking fee avialable from Polyester Records (Fitzroy & City), Missing Link, Greville Records, Ticketek, the Prince of Wales public bar (12 noon - 10pm, 7 days), phone bookings 03 9536 1168 (visa/MC only, 10am - 6pm, Mon - Fri) or book on-line here*!

http://www.myspace.com/lambofficial

LAMB, the UK’s finest trip-hop duo excited their fans when they signaled an end to their five year hiatus, announcing their reformation in early ’09 for a series of summer festivals and one-off live shows. The Frontier Touring Company is ecstatic to announce the news many have been awaiting: Lamb are back and will perform intimate headline shows in Brisbane and Melbourne this summer.

Lamb took the world by storm throughout the 90s and early 00s, releasing a flurry of albums and singles. Drawing critical acclaim for their unique soundscapes, fusing trip-hop, jazz and drum and bass, Lamb firmly made their mark on the music world through the release of their debut album Lamb.

A volatile working relationship led to their break up in 2004, drawing the career of one of the UK’s celebrated bands to a close. Stepping out of the Lamb shadow, Lou Rhodes and Andy Barlow forged successful solo careers – Lou as a singer/songwriter, and Andy as a producer.

In 2009 however, their five year break came to an end with Lou and Andy reconnecting and returning to their roots to revisit the source of their musical passion, which has allowed a legion of loyal fans the opportunity to see their heroes live on stage again.

It has been six years since Lamb performed on our shores as part of Australia’s iconic Livid Festival, their headline shows sold out drawing rave reviews from thrilled audience members and critics:

“…ensure that they’re on your list of bands to see before you die… It’s the personal touch which when combined with the emotive music and words leaves you exiting the venue with a warm glowing feeling of knowing you just witnessed something truly special.” – inthemix

Their return this summer is sure to present a similar offering as the band take to the stage rejuvenated, with a renewed sense of passion.

Ticket details: http://www.frontiertouring.com.au/retail/lamb

---------------------------------------------

Presales on sale tomorrow (19th Nov)!!
Whos in??
witty_pseudonym

Re: Lamb - Dec 30th @ Prince Bandroom

Post by witty_pseudonym »

:shock:
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

witty_pseudonym wrote::shock:
My exact reaction when i found out!
Make sure you sign up on the frontier touring website so your eligible for presale tix tomoz. They email you a code you use on the ticketek website.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Trans Fatty Acid
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Holy shit!!! :shock: :smt007

Missed em last time they were here. Stories of Lou having a teary at the end of the gig due to the singing force in the venue. give me chills thinking of the story only and i wasnt even there!!!
diode

Post by diode »

Not sure who told ya that story but it never happened.
Looking forward to seeing them again for sure.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I love Lamb!

shit date though....too many gigs on! hello summer in melbs!
andy_hoffman

Post by andy_hoffman »

NOOOO!!! I missed them last time and i'm gonna be away this time :(
So disappointed to hear that they finally get back together and finally return to melbourne and i can't go!
...................................................................................................................................................
no more epilepsy raptor jesus
spazz

Post by spazz »

Saw them when they last came out...at the Metro?

Awesome talent. Would highly recommend them to anyone thinking of going. Frankly dont think they got as much recognition in this country as they should have.
Stryfe

Post by Stryfe »

Ill be in Perth, shit shit shit. totally lame.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Stories of Lou having a teary at the end of the gig due to the singing force in the venue. give me chills thinking of the story only and i wasnt even there!!!
Getting goosebumps just remembering that night.

It was at the Prince, and when they played Gorecki, at the end, the whole crowd belted out the song. Both Lou and Andy were gobsmacked and mentioned that they had never experienced anything like that, at one of their shows.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

quiet roar wrote:
Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Stories of Lou having a teary at the end of the gig due to the singing force in the venue. give me chills thinking of the story only and i wasnt even there!!!
Getting goosebumps just remembering that night.

It was at the Prince, and when they played Gorecki, at the end, the whole crowd belted out the song. Both Lou and Andy were gobsmacked and mentioned that they had never experienced anything like that, at one of their shows.
Awesome! I hope this gig follows suite :D

Scored my tickets. Haven't been this excited about a gig for such a long time!
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Got mine too. Why the hell not.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Niceness
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i wanna go!!!
Stryfe

Post by Stryfe »

Got mine for brisbane for on the way back home. Gonna be a musically awesome holiday.
lys.//

Post by lys.// »

missed out on tickets. anyone who has 2 spare, i'd love to nab them for me and my girl..

peace,
lys.//
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

wooo!

im going now...

cant wait....
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

damn straight this will be a fine fine night
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

i am really really excited!
Sub7

Post by Sub7 »

A friend of mine has a spare ticket for someone who missed out on buying one for this SOLD OUT show. Who wants it, $60+BF.
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

Lamb. Better than a date with Tom Cruise.
blktash

Post by blktash »

Getto Kitty i will buy your spare ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can we organise this? :blob7:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

um, i had no spare ticket!

but it was AWESOME.

the bass nearly broke me, the way Lou Rhodes sang sent shivers up my spine, and both me, the people around me, and those on stage, all cried when we all sung the opening lines of Goreki together.

Fucking amazing experience, and proof that good music resonates with humans no matter how long your on hiatus.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Yep, great gig.

2 encores, full house, positive vibes, brilliant production and great sound makes for a good show indeed.

I'm not overly familiar with Lamb's work, (I bought the missus tickets for her bday, her being a HUGE fan), but I dug it. A couple of the tunes were just "noise" to me - but the passion displayed by both performers and punters alike made for every second enthralling. You know a band has the crowd by the balls when they monumentally fuck up, all sound drops out and they don't lose the crowd...

Awesome live show.

Thank God the air conditoners came on half way through!
J0rdz

Post by J0rdz »

What a magical gig! Easily the standout performance for 09 for me.
Everything i was hoping they'd be and so much more. I was so surprised at the amount of respect they gave back to the crowd - even tho the place was packed, i felt like we were the only few in there. So amazing.
Only downside was that it was a little packed - but we found a solid spot behind the back bar where my somewhat small g/f could see the stage perfectly.
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

Brilliant gig and an awesome way to transition from the family christmas period into New Years party season! I didn't think it was possible that my love for Lou Rhodes could increase but she's gone up another notch after seeing/hearing her in the flesh - she's awesome! Only way I could've enjoyed the show more would be if they played with an orchestra or something (that would be incredible!) but I just feel like I could die a happy man now having seen them at all.