Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
elysium

Re: Gripe thread

Post by elysium »

Lizkins wrote: i want out of here with mo money and less bitchy mean horrible boss :(
:scr1pt:

I'm ready to walk...

Start our own business eh Liz?
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Oh my fucking god. Worst start to the week ever, stupid trams, stupid inspectors, stupid co-workers, stupid CFMEU protestors... RRAAAAHYHHH
I want my good mood back dam it.
retzie

Post by retzie »

Creepo moment: having my optometrist get my number off my file to call and ask me out :?. Admittedly, there had been some talk of me going to watch a World Cup game with him and he had given me his number, but to suddenly get a call from him? :wrong: in fact, at a guess :illegal:

Ugh, why is it never the normal boys who are interested?
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

retzie wrote:Creepo moment: having my optometrist get my number off my file to call and ask me out :?. Admittedly, there had been some talk of me going to watch a World Cup game with him and he had given me his number, but to suddenly get a call from him? :wrong: in fact, at a guess :illegal:

Ugh, why is it never the normal boys who are interested?
why would you want a normal boy Retzie? Is there any such thing?

your Optomertist sounds keen and more than a little resourceful if not opportunistic. :retzielikes:
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
deviant

Post by deviant »

Alex.... subtext = he is ugly/not-attractive-to-retzie

She wouldn't be saying that if he was hot ;)
retzie

Post by retzie »

Serial, guys?? Anyone being this unprofessional would be instantly un-hot.

It's not that hard, is it? You give a girl your number and wait to see what happens. You don't dig into the file where she was required to leave her number to try to get yourself further :?

Oh, and by 'normal' I just mean 'some concept of boundaries and social skills.'
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

chicks :roll: :teef:
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
deviant

Post by deviant »

yeah, but if he was hot you probably would have called him already too.....
youthful_implants

deviant wrote:Alex.... subtext = he is ugly/not-attractive-to-retzie

She wouldn't be saying that if he was hot ;)
hahaha ah ok.
Strontium Music

retzie

Post by retzie »

deviant wrote:yeah, but if he was hot you probably would have called him already too.....
If he hadn't called me on my STOLEN NUMBER, I may have gone along to the game, whether I thought he were hot or not (coz however foolish it may be, I still think that sometimes people can hang out without any getting down of pants.) We were talking two days lead-time ffs - no-one needed to call anyone.

Btw, I don't really appreciate the implication that I am some sort of bitch who won't talk to anyone who I don't think is hot and/or am a superficial enough cow that I would take this from someone if they were 'hot' enough :?. This would be a massive invasion of privacy from anyone under any circumstances. It's just if it were an old lady inviting me to a knitting circle, I would have said 'batshit insane' rather than 'creepo.'
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:
Lizkins wrote: i want out of here with mo money and less bitchy mean horrible boss :(
:scr1pt:

I'm ready to walk...

Start our own business eh Liz?

i reckon! you are one in a million lovely.

i got yelled at on Friday arvo, 5:21pm to be exact. pretty much ruined my weekend. haven't slept properly and feel like my confidence and self worth dropping. i shouldn't let them do this to me :(
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

retzie wrote:
deviant wrote:yeah, but if he was hot you probably would have called him already too.....
If he hadn't called me on my STOLEN NUMBER, I may have gone along to the game, whether I thought he were hot or not (coz however foolish it may be, I still think that sometimes people can hang out without any getting down of pants.) We were talking two days lead-time ffs - no-one needed to call anyone.

Btw, I don't really appreciate the implication that I am some sort of bitch who won't talk to anyone who I don't think is hot and/or am a superficial enough cow that I would take this from someone if they were 'hot' enough :?. This would be a massive invasion of privacy from anyone under any circumstances. It's just if it were an old lady inviting me to a knitting circle, I would have said 'batshit insane' rather than 'creepo.'
:smt064
apophenian

Post by apophenian »

It's worth noting that a google images search for "creepy optometrist" returns the following:

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

:shock:

that hair bra is REALLY disturbing.
Amick

Post by Amick »

....and by really disturbing you mean really attractive.

nic

Post by nic »

|:shock:@~

americans
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

ghetto kitty wrote:friday is the opening of my new clubnight, purple sneakers, months of preparation and hopefully going to be massive.
do you know that there's an indie club in sydders called "purple sneakers"?

what's the vibe on the melbs version? good launch?
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

youthful_implants wrote:
your Optomertist sounds keen and more than a little resourceful if not opportunistic. :retzielikes:
Oh, just want all us girls want. I have heard rapists be described this same way. Bloody men.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

system wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:friday is the opening of my new clubnight, purple sneakers, months of preparation and hopefully going to be massive.

yup, same crew system...

they have branched out and run a clubnight in brisbane as well, thats doing quite well, released their own mix Cd thats doing well in the itunes chart and the purple sneakers Djs tour a lot OS at the moment...

The guy who runs the company is 34, totally switched on and really inspirational to talk to.

the launch went really well, they had 250 payers and 250 guests come through and check it out, massive hipster vibe, everyone in slinky outfits, big hair and skinny jeans, i felt old, but it was packed and the music was fun.

fingers crossed we make a mark on the indie scene here as there currently isnt much going on since sorry grandma lost their creative director....
youthful_implants

DBoy wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:
Oh, just want all us girls want. I have heard rapists be described this same way. Bloody men.
Dboy you are a girl? :shock: :oops:

FYI, like Mel, I am an EXPERT on wot women want.

Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

GOTD/W/M fucking land-lord and agent.... have been waiting on repairs to be done to our property for 2 months.....

just got told that I don't have a leg to stand on unless I "serve them a notice".... then I gotta wait 14 days, then if they don't do anything I have a leg to stand on. but any compensation etc will only go from the date I served them.

why can't the first email I sent to them 2 months ago be fucking served/proof or what ever... just be reasonable you fucking cunt bags... I'm PAYING to live here, and PAYING for shit to be working....

worst real estate ever.... at least at my last place maintenance was snappy as.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

What's broken Dan?

can you fix it and get them to reimburse for works due to delays in action?
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

sounds like you need some help from kitty.

i have my real estate over a barrel.

they bend over backwards for us freaks :lol:
deviant

Post by deviant »

Feigan wrote:can you fix it and get them to reimburse for works due to delays in action?
no, only "urgent" repairs.... there's a list of things that qualify. This doesn't.

Our TV antenna gives no reception, our dryer doesn't work, the cords in the blinds are frayed and un-usable... there's a few minor plumbing issues too.

imagine trying to get our money back? That would no doubt be even harder.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Just playing devils advocate here dan but if it were my property i owned :

TV Antenna no way - there may have been an antenna there before you moved in but since when is watching television part of renting a house? I would be saying if you want to watch TV you fix it - if you want to take the antenna with you when you move thats gotta be ok too...

Dryer? Again not really a need is it ? more of a want....

Cord in the blinds i would fork out for, not new blinds just repair the cords. - Now he's just being a tight arse...

what sort of plumbing problems? affect day to day living?

dont fire up though mate theres a reason i dont own rental propertys yet, just trying to give you another side of the picture.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Depends on what it was advertised with as well.

Dryer - was it on the ad when you got the place? If he advsertised with something that now does not work he should fix it.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

deviant wrote:
Feigan wrote:can you fix it and get them to reimburse for works due to delays in action?
no, only "urgent" repairs.... there's a list of things that qualify. This doesn't.

Our TV antenna gives no reception, our dryer doesn't work, the cords in the blinds are frayed and un-usable... there's a few minor plumbing issues too.

imagine trying to get our money back? That would no doubt be even harder.
Sucks balls Dan - hope you get it sorted out.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

if all those things are included as being a part of what you get when you rent the place then they should be working imo.

plus legally i dont think you're allowed to fix the antenna?
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah pretty much agree with fents...

tried to get our shit TV antenna fixed and they refused.

edit - yeah dboy dryer is not a necessity, but if it was advertised as a 'feature' of the house then they have to fix it.

blinds - again not really affecting your ability to live in the house... thats just slack thuogh..

plumbing is the only thing you can demand they fix right away tbh.
Fents

Post by Fents »

huge wrote:if all those things are included as being a part of what you get when you rent the place then they should be working imo.
This...surely all fixtures and fittings that are to be taken care of by the landlord would be in the lease?
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

ghetto kitty wrote:
system wrote:

yup, same crew system...

they have branched out and run a clubnight in brisbane as well, thats doing quite well, released their own mix Cd thats doing well in the itunes chart and the purple sneakers Djs tour a lot OS at the moment...

The guy who runs the company is 34, totally switched on and really inspirational to talk to.

the launch went really well, they had 250 payers and 250 guests come through and check it out, massive hipster vibe, everyone in slinky outfits, big hair and skinny jeans, i felt old, but it was packed and the music was fun.

fingers crossed we make a mark on the indie scene here as there currently isnt much going on since sorry grandma lost their creative director....
nais wun :retzielikes:
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
deviant

Post by deviant »

It's what you are paying for VS what you are getting.
Fents wrote:TV Antenna no way - there may have been an antenna there before you moved in but since when is watching television part of renting a house? I would be saying if you want to watch TV you fix it - if you want to take the antenna with you when you move thats gotta be ok too...
When there's a massive antenna on the roof and three outlets in the house you EXPECT that they work, it's not unreasonable to expect that (confirmed by consumer affairs). If there was no antenna then hey, fair cop. Or if you were told the antenna didn't really work well you'd also cop it on the chin.
Fents wrote:Dryer? Again not really a need is it ? more of a want....
When you move in to a place that HAS a dryer, you EXPECT it to work as that is part of the agreement. If it doesn't work, you should be informed, it is part of the property and therefore part of the rental.
since when is watching television part of renting a house?
EVERYONE watches TV in their house don't they? not that it's relavent to the argument anyhow

If they don't think they should pay/fix this shit then they should at least tell us...

Now, I was willing to negotiate a deal with antenna... NOT the dryer, cords etc etc... the plumbing is just loose taps (getting worse) and toilets that get stuck on, not a big deal.... but now they have been fucking me around they can cop the lot...

I'm gunna serve them a notice and pick out every single little thing I can that needs fixing. Then, it's up to comsumer affairs if they do nothing. bloody cricus, it's not hard to be reasonable and keep in touch with people. I wouldn't be pissed off if they'd just told me what they though they would or wouldn't do. but they've not even responded.

:roll:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

agree re plumbing being only thing important in that list

i got foxtel in our house cos (well cos we wanted it), but also we had too as there was no reception on the tele at all. We could have got bunny ears, but meh, foxtel fixes it all.

blinds should be fixed, but agree not a high priority.

the dryer one is an odd one, was it on the list when you moved in? Did you even check it on the Conditions Report you fill out when first moved in?
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

yes, we filled in a condition report and it was US that noted the dryer etc was not working.....

Whether you or anyone else thinks these items are important is irrelevant.... We are paying (a lot) for a house that (as far as we knew when we moved in) had a working dryer, antenna etc etc.

At my last place we had a dryer which was fixed during the course of our tenancy within a few days of reporting it... Our dishwasher was fixed a few times,,,, the door upstairs had the runners replaced.. all the blinds were cleaned and re-corded at one stage... the hot water and the heater all had repairs done in a timely manner.... maybe we've just been spoilt with good service in the past.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

deviant wrote:yes, we filled in a condition report and it was US that noted the dryer etc was not working.....

Whether you or anyone else thinks these items are important is irrelevant.... We are paying (a lot) for a house that (as far as we knew when we moved in) had a working dryer, antenna etc etc.

At my last place we had a dryer which was fixed during the course of our tenancy within a few days of reporting it... Our dishwasher was fixed a few times,,,, the door upstairs had the runners replaced.. all the blinds were cleaned and re-corded at one stage... the hot water and the heater all had repairs done in a timely manner.... maybe we've just been spoilt with good service in the past.

agree Dan, irrelevant, shouldn't have said that

your first email should stand as initial notification though. Who said it doesn't? Consumer Affairs?
click here fo fotos
deviant

Post by deviant »

yep, consumer affairs said I need written confirmation that they will accept requests/notices via email..... pretty gheylord if you ask me.
Amick

Post by Amick »

Hope everything gets sorted for you Dan.

gotw: doctor not prescribing the right medication, thanks for wasting my time and prolonging illness fucktard.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

yeah that is well random, never heard of it either.
click here fo fotos
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

If something is working when you sign the lease, it needs to be repaired by the landlord. Unless the condition report confirms it isnt working and therefore isnt part of the deal. A mate of mine just confirmed this as a landlord.

We have a spa that doesnt work, but whilst it was advertised as part of the property, the condition report states we cant use it for liability purposes, and it doesnt work anyway. Crap, but had to wear it. Shifty fuckers. :?

Good luck sorting it out Dan. Sometimes calling a person 6 times a day and becomming their most irritating customer can get it done. Its not the point and it shouldnt be that way, but in a all reality, the louder and more often you yell and more annoying you become, they might just do it to get rid of you.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote: Good luck sorting it out Dan. Sometimes calling a person 6 times a day and becomming their most irritating customer can get it done. Its not the point and it shouldnt be that way, but in a all reality, the louder and more often you yell and more annoying you become, they might just do it to get rid of you.
:lol: hence why i have mine over a barrel now. you do it enough, and they go 'oh not miss kitty from thornbury, quick send someone out"

heehee
deviant

Post by deviant »

well, the dryer has never worked... but the condition report said that it did.
elysium

Post by elysium »

job.... so... bad

:smt009 :smt010
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
deviant

Post by deviant »

this bad?

Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

I hope all works out Dan, that sucks BIG TIME.

We had same issues with agent, took them 6 months to get around to setting us a new lease, they don;t care....
We made that work in our favour, cause we paid our months rent in advance, found somewhere and handed in notice to vacate.... BWAHAHAHAHHA

I agree with you in that it would all be less of a drama if they just COMMUNICATED with you, then you would know where you stand, and what you can just go and sort yourself.... But not getting any response enfuriates me as well.....

If you let me know plumbing issues, i can ask our plumber at work and he will tell me how to fix it all...
deviant

Post by deviant »

I know how to fix it... I just don't have the tools and tbh I shouldn't have to.
gnat

Post by gnat »

agree that agents are so slack. i've had TWO inspections in 5 years and she called me the day before and said she wanted to come with the owner. i allowed it but technically i'm supposed to get 14 days notice. the next time she came and said ummm how long has there been that crack across the upstairs bathroom roof? lol- who knows lady but seeing as it gets up to 45 degrees up there is summer it's not surprising you think

they don't give a shit. my last agents would at least respond to your queries

i used to call with requests and fax them and they always claimed they never received them so i got wise and started emailing her things and printing off my sent email and keep a folder of communications. i've reported heaps of stuff and never heard anything back and i know they'll try to hold bond when i go. then i'll bring out my folder and my diary of dates and times i contacted them and not heard anything back

keep notes on everything. VCAT loves that shit
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

gnat wrote:keep notes on everything. VCAT loves that shit

:retzielikes:
youthful_implants

I have blood in my eye again. Worse this time. I am worried they are going to fall out. :(
Strontium Music

deviant

Post by deviant »

hmmmm, smoking maybe?

you should see a doctor imo
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

elysium wrote:job.... so... bad