OSTARA FESTIVAL 2010 - September 17, 18 & 19th

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
SoulWhiteMan

Re: OSTARA FESTIVAL 2010 - September 17, 18 & 19th

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

FINAL ROUND tickets available in stores now $100+bf. Outlets: Ministry of Style (Brunswick St, Fitzroy), Happy High Herbs (Smith St, Collingwood), Peril Underground (Swanston St, City) and Alley Tunes (Hawthorn) until sold out. Or online via link below.

http://greentix.com.au/events/118063

We'll be announcing the rest of the line up later today/tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

woooooo................ it is spring.... let the planning for the festivities begin (and packing!!) :smt007
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :| :( :( :( x a whole page of sad faces!!!

It is with deep sadness the Ostara team announces the cancellation of the 2010 outdoor event. Due to circumstances beyond our control Ostara management feels it can not proceed with a fully permitted, legal and safe event organised within the vision and ideals we hold true.

Due to your amazing support Ostara outgrew it's traditional home, Sokil, last year. With the full support and assistance of the Pyrenees Council a new si...te was secured however there was a last minute objection by a local property owner. Despite considerable effort on behalf of organisers, Council and legal teams the objector remains unmoved and Council is therefore unable to issue the permit.

For Ostara to continue from here legal proceedings would have to occur. While our legal advice states we would be successful within those proceedings Ostara management can not justify the associated costs. These added expenses would eliminate any profit and therefore any donations to local charities.

The crew now feel those funds are best left preserved to enable the true meaning of Ostara to emerge for 2011~ a celebration of rebirth. It takes more than a farmer to keep a Goddess down and it is our sincere hope your appreciated support continues in 2011 to share Ostara's spectacular reincarnation.

Due to this considerable development Ostara management now aims to give as much notice as possible to all artists, contractors, punters and pre-purchase ticket holders of this years' cancellation.

All refunds will be made available as soon as possible at full price paid, however, any booking fees will not be refunded as this outside of Ostara management's control.

Please do not return to your point of purchase for your refund. Instead contact Ostara management at: [email protected] with the serial number on your ticket, full name and bank account details to receive full reimbursement. You will still need to return your tickets via mail, and receive your refund via bank transfer.

Greentix ticket holders will receive an automatic reversal of funds, using their original method of purchase (VISA, PayPal, etc). Those who have purchased via greentix online please contact them if your refund hasn't appeared in your account within 30days.

We hope you accept our sincerest apologies for any and all inconvenience and promise to deal with all of your enquiries as swiftly as possible.

Ostara would like to thank the crew for the incredible amount of time, effort and hard work (at their personal expense) already volunteered to the event. Much appreciation is extended toward all artists, performers, volunteers and others willing to donate time and art in pursuit of the Ostara vision.

Our souls weep for our lady Ostara tonight and understand many of you share our disappointment. We have faith you will understand our desire to allow her the dignity of bowing out gracefully for 2010.

FROM THE ENTIRE OSTARA CREW

“I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream.”
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Full on. I heard that there was difficuilties with the permit for this.

Even though its not my cup of beats, its a massive shame this evernt was blocked by some one who probably doesn't understand what Ostara is all about.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

i know exactly what that farmer is thinking too huhu. friends of our family live 1km away from where rainbow is held, they dont mind but jeez there's some vocal, very australian farmy farmers who are thinking "goddess? hippies? DRUGS? oonce oonce music fuck no!" etc.
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
eN

Post by eN »

Smallminded backwoods fucksticks TBH
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

Well that sucks majorly... Sorry to hear that guys :(
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

i don't think farmers are 1km away.. they are a few tens of meters away at a minimum......

it's a slap in the face for those that have spent for ages organising it....

but i think the thing that has been learned now is...........

A: no legit festival can be announced in the future unless there is 100% confirmed venue and permits... as seen by a few failed festivals due to permits....

&

B: rogue festivals will need to pop up at locations supported by family & friends

C: festivals ARE in danger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D: none of us have enough money to fight these things............ and will have to stand back and watch everything that is loved slowly disappear!

(i'm just having an emo day and praying for snow as a back up plan... gotta make use of annual leave aye!)
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

ulyssian wrote:i don't think farmers are 1km away.. they are a few tens of meters away at a minimum......

A: no legit festival can be announced in the future unless there is 100% confirmed venue and permits... as seen by a few failed festivals due to permits....

&

B: rogue festivals will need to pop up at locations supported by family & friends

D: none of us have enough money to fight these things............ and will have to stand back and watch everything that is loved slowly disappear!

(i'm just having an emo day and praying for snow as a back up plan... gotta make use of annual leave aye!)
hahaha Deb and I are doing the same thing....
Apparently some of the mountains have frozen, but I think we should get a bit of snow in a week or two... what mountain you going to?
quick

Post by quick »

SoulWhiteMan wrote:
ulyssian wrote:i don't think farmers are 1km away.. they are a few tens of meters away at a minimum......

&

hahaha Deb and I are doing the same thing....
Apparently some of the mountains have frozen, but I think we should get a bit of snow in a week or two... what mountain you going to?
fixed... :teef:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
SoulWhiteMan

Post by SoulWhiteMan »

HEY

I'll have you know I let some Ostarians use my login....

This means they can post using my account....

and format to their heart's content!
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

ahhh, just going to go Buller I think :/

and i meant lots of kilometers away... not meters... urgh

i should have been packing this week :sad: