Moog Slim Phatty

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
flippo

Moog Slim Phatty

Post by flippo »

mrj

Re: Moog Slim Phatty

Post by mrj »

looks pretty rad
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
flippo

Post by flippo »

the filters do sound amazing, even via youtube!
Flash

Post by Flash »

hell yeah!
adgolin

Post by adgolin »

Just found this on Facebook. It's a contest to win a Slim Phatty!! Astralwerks, the premiere dance/electronic label in the land, teamed up with Moog Music in this sweepstakes.

All you have to do is 'like' the page from the link below, and then enter. I just did it - it's really easy and I promise it's for real.

Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/astralwerks#!/a ... 8134323652

Hope this helped!
aroes

Post by aroes »

your post appears to be totally unbiased
flippo

Post by flippo »

bagged :D

along with one of these:

kinda low on funds now..... :angry2:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

How is it? My brother have been considering buying one of these.. that or a juno
flippo

Post by flippo »

Completely different animal to a juno. For its’ form factor it has a lot going on, and the deeper editing functions are surprisingly not that hard to get to with the master controls and LCD, although I spent last night mapping all its functions to a page on my BCR2000 which makes things nice and easy. The pots are crazy responsive, I’ll never want to tweak a filter with a dicky little plastic 0-127 knob again. If your bro tends to use presets it might not be the best synth. Half of them a shit, the rest are really generic 70s stuff – great if you’re in a Hawkwind tribute band or something haha. But if you willing to put in some time on your sound design chops with it it’s a fucking animal. I NEVER get excited by the sound of a raw synth that hasn’t been drenched in verb or processed out the wazoo in some way, but this thing sounds fucking killer straight out of the pipe. If you kill the oscilators and ramp up the resonance the filter will start screaming off its tits on its own, and if you tune the cut-off down it’s a massive sine-like sub (Or tune it up for ghostly theramin Halloween vibes! Haha wooo000(()))000))000).
flippo

Post by flippo »

live dub tech improv jam with the moog phatty doing bass and the moogerfooger MF-105M running on a return channel with delays.

View this on Soundcloud

It does a lovely warm dub-tech bass
grindfish

Post by grindfish »

lovely dubly dub!