Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Hardy

Re: Gripe thread

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:its funny reading the above from abroad... cos everyone else around the world goes on about how awesome the aussie ecconomy is doing and how comfortable our life style is... spose you do take lots for granted over time, but its pretty fricken sweet in aus
Full on. Australians love to whine about anything, but the fact is we have it so good.
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

quick wrote:its funny reading the above from abroad... cos everyone else around the world goes on about how awesome the aussie ecconomy is doing and how comfortable our life style is... spose you do take lots for granted over time, but its pretty fricken sweet in aus
mate you've got it pretty sweet globetrotting around the world from festy to festy.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

Really? I'm sure the homeless, the indigenous, people on welfare and those relying on public systems would strongly disagree with the idea that they have it sweet. Sure the middle and upper classes, the educated and gainfully employed have it good, great even, but it's certainly not the case for a large percentage of the population. We are the most politically apathetic nation in the world and that is evidenced by our government and the opposition, neither of whom have a strong ideology or the power to drive something more than a conservative right wing agenda. The way the country is headed is fucking scary imo. The day Tony Abbot is our PM, is the day I move overseas, permanently. He is a complete joke and totally unable to represent anything but an opposition stance - shit, he can't even seem do that effectively.
youthful_implants

^^ agreed.
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

witty_pseudonym wrote:We are the most politically apathetic nation in the world

yeah fair chance of that
that is evidenced by our government and the opposition, neither of whom have a strong ideology or the power to drive something more than a conservative right wing agenda.
(apart from the boat people side of things) thats hardly the case with labor really. both persuasions are pretty central and slightly to the left even, in terms of welfare etc.
youthful_implants

FoundationStepper wrote:

yeah fair chance of that
that is evidenced by our government and the opposition, neither of whom have a strong ideology or the power to drive something more than a conservative right wing agenda.
(apart from the boat people side of things) thats hardly the case with labor really. both persuasions are pretty central and slightly to the left even, in terms of welfare etc.
but the point is (with Labor) that they no longer represent the people they are traditionally, ideologically bound to support: the unions, the workers, their families etc.

they have just become a visionless bitch to the corporations that fuel them financially.
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

yes visionless

i think it was probably a long time ago though that labour ceased to really just be the 'blue collar' party (unions etc)

that said, the last labour reforms were very union driven, hardly a product of corporate servitude
nic

Post by nic »

oz libs are a more liek a center party with country and western right ring road try hard streak
they cant even do right wing properly imo

tony is a scary crossed eyed msyoginists :retzienolike:
gillard is a muppet with ten thousand hands remote contriolling her drawl :retzienolike:

only bob brown who is also somewhat innefectual can saev us now.

or you could try some davdi cameron lol
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

Kerry O'Brien for pm tbh

lego unrelated
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

Not even close to Japan, like, not even in the same stratosphere.
CoB

Post by CoB »

i dont know what to do >.<
o/ . . . \o . . . -o . o- . \o/ \o/
FoundationStepper

Hatsudai wrote:
Not even close to Japan, like, not even in the same stratosphere.
yeah actually good point. i remember that now, kind of.
mrj

Post by mrj »

what evs
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mrj

Post by mrj »

less than half my normal sleep amount last night. feeling it today.

have 10 people tell me I look like crap. ripper.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lol did you guys go on pub crawl?
deviant

Post by deviant »

I stayed up 'til 2am on Tuesday night playing in Ableton land... yesterday was pretty rough, 'specially getting on the bike at 7am

:tard:
Kaiproject

Post by Kaiproject »

thats the way to do it dan! abletr0n wormhole stylee
so FKing OVER today...dunno why usually Wed/Thur is worst but i just cannot concentrate on work at ALL today ...
quick

Post by quick »

youthful_implants wrote:
mate you've got it pretty sweet globetrotting around the world from festy to festy.
no shit... this is what gives me the appreciation AUS has to offer... travelling has made me realise we have FUCK ALL to complain about on a global scale... whine all you like but if you live in AUS u have it better than most, nearly all...

Witty, please educate me as to where the groups of people that you mentioned have it better, along with the rest of the society? what countries do what you believe is right (much of which I think is right) better? The world is fukd in many ways, not trying to excuse or accept, but Aus does it pretty well... and yeah YI, it might be easier coming from a non-working globetrotter, because I can see the differences first hand in many cases.

I'm not trying to say I know all cos I have traveled, but one massive thing I have seen/learnt is that life in Australia is a fucking luxury, and fuk loads of people from many MANY other countries would agree... if they heard that we were complaining, they would be sick...

Complain if you want, but you are complaining that one of the most multi-cultural, successful and healthy countries in the world is not up to scratch... there is always better, but an appreciation of what is good is required before you can get there
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
youthful_implants

quick wrote:
youthful_implants wrote:
no shit... this is what gives me the appreciation AUS has to offer... travelling has made me realise we have FUCK ALL to complain about on a global scale... whine all you like but if you live in AUS u have it better than most, nearly all...

Witty, please educate me as to where the groups of people that you mentioned have it better, along with the rest of the society? what countries do what you believe is right (much of which I think is right) better? The world is fukd in many ways, not trying to excuse or accept, but Aus does it pretty well... and yeah YI, it might be easier coming from a non-working globetrotter, because I can see the differences first hand in many cases.

I'm not trying to say I know all cos I have traveled, but one massive thing I have seen/learnt is that life in Australia is a fucking luxury, and fuk loads of people from many MANY other countries would agree... if they heard that we were complaining, they would be sick...

Complain if you want, but you are complaining that one of the most multi-cultural, successful and healthy countries in the world is not up to scratch... there is always better, but an appreciation of what is good is required before you can get there
Well we're at cross purposes because I wasn't complaining about the country per se. I was complaining about its politics, which are a bit shambolic at the moment. So a luxury to live in it might be, but a political nirvana, it aint. What about the ridiculous debate on gay marriage, the carbon tax, the mining tax (RIP) and other policies that have been either mismanaged or dropped like a hot potato? Why are we even debating gay marriage? Make it legal already. Are gay people second class citizens? Because they feel like them here.

Steve just because somewhere is a nice place to live doesn't exclude it from criticism and neither does comparing it to other, less fortunate (or more fortunate) places because Australia is whatever it is, on its own merit. IMO. Maybe that's easier for me to say because I wasn't born here but I live here now, so I'll say whatever I like. :)
Strontium Music

quick

Post by quick »

i dunno where gay marriages came into it, but once again, if thats what yo are complaoinling about, count yourself lucky on a global scale...

i'm not saying dont criticise, i just think many cunts dont appreciate what they got is all...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
youthful_implants

quick wrote:i dunno where gay marriages came into it, but once again, if thats what yo are complaoinling about, count yourself lucky on a global scale...

i'm not saying dont criticise, i just think many cunts dont appreciate what they got is all...
I know. I dont mean to sound ungrateful. Leave the complaining to me, I have a lot of experience.
Strontium Music

FoundationStepper

IMO BYO orstraya
retzie

Post by retzie »

I get where Squiz is coming from tbh. 'Even' the US in its 'world domination' is a significantly more fucked place to live than Oz. The potential to be bankrupted and/or refused treatment for life-threatening medical conditions is not even on the table in Oz. The baseline difference, let me show you.
witty_pseudonym wrote:I'm sure the homeless, the indigenous, people on welfare and those relying on public systems would strongly disagree with the idea that they have it sweet.
At least there are systems. Over-stretched and under-resourced, yes, but fuck me, there are soooooooo many ways it could be worse.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

quick wrote:i just think many cunts dont appreciate what they got is all...
couldn't have put it better myself huhu
deviant

Post by deviant »

retzie wrote:At least there are systems. Over-stretched and under-resourced, yes, but fuck me, there are soooooooo many ways it could be worse.
Like what just happened in London.

I agree with squizzle stick tbh
aroes

Post by aroes »

Cunt of a day at uni. Had to 'facilitate a discussion' in a tutorial. Only one person in the entire class had done the reading, so it was a spectacular failure. The reading was 5 pages long ffs. Then sat through an awesome philosophy lecture surrounded by people who talked through the entire fucking thing. Just sent an email to every student in the subject telling them to shut it or take it elsewhere in futurelol
nic

Post by nic »

nothign like mature age student raeg lol
:teef:
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

aroes wrote:Just sent an email to every student in the subject telling them to shut it or take it elsewhere in futurelol
I can just imagine what the 19 year olds thought about that email.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
aroes

Post by aroes »

Haha yeah they probs all had a big lol tbh
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

quick wrote:i dunno where gay marriages came into it, but once again, if thats what yo are complaoinling about, count yourself lucky on a global scale...

:scr1pt:

This cunt speaks the truth.
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

nic wrote:nothign like mature age student raeg lol
hactually laughed out loud
nic

Post by nic »

IRL LOL?
:lol:
youthful_implants

aroes wrote:Haha yeah they probs all had a big lol tbh
probably like:

Strontium Music

thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

11AM FRIDAY.
NO WORK TO DO.
THINK IM GONNA DANCE NOW.
retzie

Post by retzie »

aroes wrote:Just sent an email to every student in the subject telling them to shut it or take it elsewhere in futurelol
Pleasepleaseplease go to the next class in a netball skirt.

Please.
deviant wrote:I'm some sort of man-machine.
aroes

Post by aroes »

Aww guys no love round these parts :-(
youthful_implants

aroes wrote:Aww guys no love round these parts :-(
its tumbleweed central. :(

I'm posting utter bollocks on DSF instead, thats how bored I am!
Strontium Music

thedeadly9

Post by thedeadly9 »

deviant

Post by deviant »

fecking boringest day ever... and I got reflux from curry I had for lunch... bleugh
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

lol
youthful_implants

deviant wrote:fecking boringest day ever... and I got reflux from curry I had for lunch... bleugh
come round to Yenks and make music with us?
Strontium Music

youthful_implants

^ that sounds ghey.
Strontium Music

nic

Post by nic »

aroes wrote:Aww guys no love round these parts :-(
:brohugs:

ill give you a IRL BROHUG SOON MATE
:retzielikes:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

something might be wrong with my film camera :( last set i over exposed so that was my fault but this set only 9 came out of 24. dammit! and i am buying expensive film which sucks even more that they are not coming out boooooo

better go get it fixed
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
mrj

Post by mrj »

1 1/2 hours in a dentist chair at 8.00am on a Monday morning which was quite distressing, to the tune of around $1300 actually.

not a great start to the week.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

holy crapsticks that is bad
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

nic wrote:nothign like mature age student raeg lol
hahahahaha
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

haven't been here for a bit - but re the discussion up thurr. i mean that your view of having it good is entirely subjective and will not be the case for everything. regardless of how fantastic you think australia is, a lot of people will disagree with you and that's no reflection on your view. you can't make blanket assumptions on australia being great, just as you can't say that americans are fucked, the english are all whingers and aboriginies all alcoholics. i'm not attacking your view squirrel, but you need to realise that shit just isn't peachy for everyone - despite a happy majority!
mecka

Post by mecka »

Asians are all good at math tbh
aroes

Post by aroes »

amen to that

also, the irish are generally great in bed :retzielikes: