APHRODITE vs. MICKEY FINN + MC SHABBA D - 11th Jan @ BA

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Twisted-Audio

APHRODITE vs. MICKEY FINN + MC SHABBA D - 11th Jan @ BA

Post by Twisted-Audio »

We know how much Melbourne loves it’s old skool Jungle & Drum n Bass so we’ve gone all out to bring you BOTH label bosses of the legendary URBAN TAKEOVER imprint – APHRODITE & MICKY FINN accompanied by their long time partner in crime MC SHABBA D!!

These dons have been in the game for over two decades and it is hard to find anyone more influential in shaping drum & bass as a genre. They are no strangers to Melbourne either, Now they are back, the original rudeboy jungle duo – TOGETHER!

STRICTLY OLD SKOOL EVENT 1995 – 2005

11th January – 10pm till late
Brown Alley (585 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne CBD)

EARLY BIRD TICKETS AVAILABLE THROUGH MOSHTIX

Local Support:

Beatski
J-Don
C:1
Time Travel
Monkee
Lickweed

Hosted by: Mc Harzee

Aphrodite

Gavin King, is the man behind Aphrodite Recordings. It all started way back in the summer of love ’88′ running an Acid House club called Aphrodite, the namesake has been with him since.
Through various chance meetings with DJs Micky Finn and Claudio Giussani, Urban Shakedown was born. Over the years Aphro’s own Aphrodite Recordings and Urban Takeover, a joint lable with Micky Finn followed. The musical progession to Drum n Bass was a natural step over the years through hardcore and jungle.
Aphrodite Recordings is the base outlet for all music with the Aphro signature.

DJ Aphrodite is known for playing out a good vibe that ranges from classics to upfront and exclusive dubplates. Aphro is invited to DJ in countries all over the world.

Mickey Finn

Micky started DJing in the late eighties and became well known with the advent of the Acid House movement in South London. He was given the name Micky Finn because of his build by mates and friends in the scene. In the early nineties breakbeat and loose jungle techno was filling his record boxes as he travelled the length and breadth oh the UK. Such was the demand for his skills at this time by huge events all around the country he was even strarting to catch private planes between gigs. Micky’s production talents started off with Biting Back – She’s Breaking Up then partnered Gavin and Claudio for Urban Shakedown – Some Justice.

Now Micky travels the world and throws down his vibe in countries like Japan, USA, Australia, Holland, Ibiza, Germany, Finland, Israel and France to name just a few.

MC Shabba D

MC Shabba is a name which has become legendary amongst the livelier, more dancefloor orientated D&B scene. From humble beginnings on the now defunct ‘Rush FM’ with DJ’s such as Funky Flirt, Rusher and Red Ant alongside MC Shockin’, 14 year old Shabba worked his way through the ranks, becoming increasingly popular with listeners and leading to his first booking in 1991, when Shabba first MCed at Outrage at Busbys in Charing Cross alongside the likes of DJ Rap, Hardcore General, Stevie Hyper D etc.

Shabba is one of the scene’s true veterans, having spent the best part of twenty years in the business. In many peoples opinion, one of the greatest lyricists and entertainers the scene has to offer. When you go out to see Shabba, it ain’t just about the lyrics, it’s the way he delivers and the way he hypes up the crowd like no other. Look out for Sticky, Higher Level and Shabba himself coming to a city near you.

News & Info @ TwistedAudio.com
Critical Music - 13th Sep @ La Di Da
Homegrown FreQs 2014 - 24th October @ BA
M@e311

Re: APHRODITE vs. MICKEY FINN + MC SHABBA D - 11th Jan @ BA

Post by M@e311 »

Goin to be a banger of a gig.

Aphro smashed it at Roxanne's last time!
I like to think in my own little way, I'm not insane 'cause I listen to the voices in my head - Testeagles.
DJ Lickweed

Re: APHRODITE vs. MICKEY FINN + MC SHABBA D - 11th Jan @ BA

Post by DJ Lickweed »

Brand new Twisted Audio podcast featuring J-Don - don't miss out his set this Friday at Brown Alley ;-)

View this on Soundcloud

Latest Mix:

View this on Soundcloud

AMB - 10th October @ My Aeon
DnB Arena - 19th October @ BA
Tribe - 28th Dec @ BA