Good Vibrations 2009

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
DBoy

Re: Good Vibrations 2009

Post by DBoy »

Shittest festival I have been too.
Thank fuk Reprezent were tight, cause otherwise i would have been fuming.
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

i had a great day

rico was rad
kenobi sucked but thats what i expected
roni was so good
stanton always kill it
deadmau5 started off with a bang but went flat and never picked back up. too bloody packed too.

then someone stole my wallet.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

All in all I have to say was pretty shit- Good vibes has been going downhill.
Wat happened to the days of bookin Gangsta, handsomeboymodelling, james brown.
The squids are taking over
Check out my soundcloud page at:
http://soundcloud.com/nativedog
Mixes and productions by Native Dog
spin

Post by spin »

fatboy was a joke, at least he used both turntables unlike in sydney, and he got booed off in dubai... got a link?

and some people were all wow that was amazing... :bunny:
ANYTHING:TEST
BOB DEEP
WOBBLE
REVOLVER
BLACK CAT
http://gutterhype.blogspot.com/
amzie

Post by amzie »

i think this is the one you mean

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/aust/41 ... al_hiccups

last comments probably the best.
yenks

Post by yenks »

I had a pretty good day in the end. Ended up just having a good time chillin in the VIP area for alot of the day with mates I havent seen in ages.

Hated the fact that the laundry stage was the smallest, and had more people than the roots stage the whole time, which was like twice the size.

Really enjoyed the stantons set, was near the front for the most of it, pretty damn crowded but could still move slightly.
Then deadmau5 got on, and even more people tried to squeeze into the tent. It was farked, sardines style squish. He started nicely with ghosts n stuff, but then went a bit flat and I couldnt take constantly being rubbed with other peoples sweat and left to catch the last of q tip.

Definitely thought the venue worked though. and would do again.
shabana

Post by shabana »

spin wrote:fatboy was a joke, at least he used both turntables unlike in sydney, and he got booed off in dubai... got a link?

and some people were all wow that was amazing... :bunny:
i know :lol: FUNNY i couldn't stop staring at the gurning on the face of the fatboy and the churning of the masses to the tripe set
it was like i wuz hypnotised :tard:
Peace and Fucking - Believe
Blush

Post by Blush »

Hardy wrote:
Blush wrote:
I don't really understand why festivals always have people complaining about set clashes towards the end of the day/night. If an artist is booked as a headliner, and think they should be a headlining act, they won't want to play in the middle of the afternoon -The more great acts there are the more there'll be headliner clashes ... it's the way festivals are, no point complaining - just pick your tent and dance!
Fuck that. Why should people paying to see these headline acts (let's face it, that's why we're there) miss out just to pander to their egos? They put all these big names on to get people there, but it's false advertising imo, as it is physically impossible to see all the acts you have PAID to see.
Not saying we should.... just that we do :-(
Professional Gift