Pets

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

aww cute!
...and basically that's the situation
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

awwww way cute puppy! :D

and yeah :scr1pt: to :shock: :lol: holding cat in lingerie. Interesting christmas card :lol: :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

BammBamm wrote:A christmas card in your lingerie kitty? Why weren't we on your mailing list?? lol
um...yes.

for the last four years running...they go to everyone who knows me...
even employers sometimes if they are a little bent....

and i dont know, maybe next year, some of you will be ?!

:wink:
flippo

Post by flippo »

would anyone like a really nice beagle, she's about 7 years old. She belongs to the people who used to live next door, they moved over seas and had other family move in and were suposed to keep the dog and look after her. My folks basically looked after the dog because they werent interested, now they are moving out and want to just abandon her. She has figured out how to get back to my parents house, and the people recon they don't have time to close the gate. Cunts. My folks can't look after her as they already have 4 dogs. She needs a home. Her name is Charlie.
almax

Post by almax »

shepherd wrote:my dog Tron - almost 14 weeks old ... growing up fast!

Tron, what a cool name, you will have to get him a little burberry doggie jacket
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

almax wrote:

Tron, what a cool name, you will have to get him a little burberry doggie jacket
What a TOTALLY adorable puppy. Do you take advantage of him when he's a sleep and play with his big fluffy ears???? :D
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

almax wrote:

"Hot hand in a dice game baby girl...I'm talking 'bout 6 hours straight, clackity clackity clackity clack!"
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

looking at the eyeballs, that's an appropriate name! looks like she's got a minature Jeff Bridges in each eyeball!
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I buried my lil' Koko on the Easter Weekend a few weeks back.

Very sad. Had to put her down. I held her in my arms when it all happened.

She was a little tan Corgi cross Fox Terrier (like a little fox) with white socks on every foot except her right front.

Sad times, but I hope she's better off now. :cry:
gnat

Post by gnat »

Direktor wrote:I buried my lil' Koko on the Easter Weekend a few weeks back.

She was a little tan Corgi cross Fox Terrier (like a little fox) with white socks on every foot except her right front.

:(

:smt056
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Thanks Gnat! :D
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:I buried my lil' Koko on the Easter Weekend a few weeks back.

*Hugs for Direktor* really sorry to hear it :(
Carlz

Post by Carlz »

Heres my kitty
:smt060
alcohol may not be the answer.. but at least I can't remember the question!
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

cute as Carlz :D is he in good condition? I know white cats get problems with their eyes and ears the poor little things. my dad's cat got mauled often by other cats cos it couldn't hear or see them coming :( was very sad. but still a rockin cat! :D

edit - shocking spelling :roll:
Last edited by Lizkins on Thu May 11, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnat

Post by gnat »

Is that cat wearing contacts?

Freaky green!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

cool eyes Carlz.
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
Carlz

Post by Carlz »

Yeh she is great! Got her as a freebie out the paper and couldn't have asked for a better companion, shes really affectionate. Yeh i've heard white cats have a tendency to go deaf also but she is fine so far *fingerscrossed* She actually did get mauled once and I had to take her to the vet for an op :( $300 odd later... what can ya do tho!
Hah yeh her eyes look real green in that shot!
gnat

Post by gnat »

Need ta put zinc on their ears and nose in summer- they very prone to cancers..
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Carlz wrote:Yeh she is great! Got her as a freebie out the paper and couldn't have asked for a better companion, shes really affectionate. Yeh i've heard white cats have a tendency to go deaf also but she is fine so far *fingerscrossed* She actually did get mauled once and I had to take her to the vet for an op :( $300 odd later... what can ya do tho!

maybe its a cat racism thing :shock: conspiracy theory, i think so :P :lol:

poor little tyke getting beat up. nasty other cats :smt011
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Carlz wrote:Yeh she is great! Got her as a freebie out the paper and couldn't have asked for a better companion, shes really affectionate. Yeh i've heard white cats have a tendency to go deaf also but she is fine so far *fingerscrossed* She actually did get mauled once and I had to take her to the vet for an op :( $300 odd later... what can ya do tho!
white cats with blue eyes are /born/ deaf or become deaf... thats why you dont breed with them, they cant hear the kittens and the kittens usually die....
if a white cat has one green eye and one blue eye, then the ear on the blue eyes side will be the deaf one...

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Carlz

Post by Carlz »

wow! Its hard to tell at the start tho coz all kitties have blue eyes when born. Im lucky this ones both turned green! Shes actually had her own kitties too, I wanted to keep them but had to give them away coz im not even supposed to have 1 let alone 6 lol. She is desexed now tho, no more kitties for her.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

cha_chaos wrote:
white cats with blue eyes are /born/ deaf or become deaf... thats why you dont breed with them, they cant hear the kittens and the kittens usually die....
if a white cat has one green eye and one blue eye, then the ear on the blue eyes side will be the deaf one...

thanks Dr Cha :smt023 interesting kitty facts 8)
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

my dog in her new Tron outfit
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

chavtastic!
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

shepherd wrote:Image

You keep posting pictures of this supremely adorable puppy and I'm likely to fall in love with it.
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

system wrote:chavtastic!
:lol:!!!
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

Question peoples.... matt and I are pretty new and the kitten thing - well from very young anyway, and the darling heart Koshka is ripping the shit out of our carpet, only in certain places but damn we rent and I cannot have her pulling up the carpet - will she grow out of this or is there some way to make her stop????

She is also in a rather frreaky mood, doing laps of the house up and has let out a few barks...... WTF?!?! Since when do cats bark?
flippo

Post by flippo »

Kittens are nuts for the first 6-12 months, don't fight it, embrace it. :)
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

flippo wrote:Kittens are nuts for the first 6-12 months, don't fight it, embrace it. :)
we love it about her we really do, but she is not the greatest when she is dealing with the vertical (we have had to amputate a hind leg already) but she keeps going nuts and falling of window sills and beds and jumping and so forth.... I am just being a worry wort aren't i..... OK....

It is the barking that freaks me out tho, i had never heard of a cat barking b4 - and i mean bark like a dog...

she is about 9 months, so you think she should start to settle in a few months???
almax

Post by almax »

Charlie73 wrote:
flippo wrote:Kittens are nuts for the first 6-12 months, don't fight it, embrace it. :)
we love it about her we really do, but she is not the greatest when she is dealing with the vertical (we have had to amputate a hind leg already) but she keeps going nuts and falling of window sills and beds and jumping and so forth.... I am just being a worry wort aren't i..... OK....

It is the barking that freaks me out tho, i had never heard of a cat barking b4 - and i mean bark like a dog...

she is about 9 months, so you think she should start to settle in a few months???
ive had about 7 cats in my lifetime and they all meow differently, one burmese that was mine used to have this forced meow that only came out in intervals! kinda funny. Dont worry bout this, it actually sounds quite cute and quirky.
As for the scratching, buy a scratching pole, make sure you get a large one though so when they are fully grown they can stretch out while they scratch. I'd recommend making your own scratching post though as the one from the pet shop are a complete rip off. All you need is a couple of pieces of wood and some carpet. The first post in this thread shows my cat mia on the post that i built for her. one you get the scratching post, every time it scratches the carpet, grab it, say a stern NO! and put its claws on the new post, it will get the picture eventually
almax

Post by almax »

shepherd wrote:Image

ROFL thats classic burberry right there!
mecka

Post by mecka »

We washed my dog today. Then I brushed her and she got so mad with me. We put her outside for literally 10 minutes then she went and rolled in a puddle of mud in our back yard.
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

almax wrote:
Charlie73 wrote:

ive had about 7 cats in my lifetime and they all meow differently, one burmese that was mine used to have this forced meow that only came out in intervals! kinda funny. Dont worry bout this, it actually sounds quite cute and quirky.
As for the scratching, buy a scratching pole, make sure you get a large one though so when they are fully grown they can stretch out while they scratch. I'd recommend making your own scratching post though as the one from the pet shop are a complete rip off. All you need is a couple of pieces of wood and some carpet. The first post in this thread shows my cat mia on the post that i built for her. one you get the scratching post, every time it scratches the carpet, grab it, say a stern NO! and put its claws on the new post, it will get the picture eventually
Thanks so much for that.... She is a cutie... think that is the key our scratch post will be too small for her, she is growing so fast, and she is Maine Coon x'd with we don't know what, so she is going to get bigger.....I like your scratch post, I think I could knock one up..... well at least try....
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Charlie73 wrote:
almax wrote:
Charlie73 wrote: we love it about her we really do, but she is not the greatest when she is dealing with the vertical (we have had to amputate a hind leg already) but she keeps going nuts and falling of window sills and beds and jumping and so forth.... I am just being a worry wort aren't i..... OK....

Thanks so much for that.... She is a cutie... think that is the key our scratch post will be too small for her, she is growing so fast, and she is Maine Coon x'd with we don't know what, so she is going to get bigger.....I like your scratch post, I think I could knock one up..... well at least try....

Yeah definitely go the scratching post babe, another handy thing to use to teach kitties is get a spray bottle and put water in it. Whenever kitty scratches the carpet of jumps on to things she shouldn't you spray the water on her, they tend to hate it and learn pretty quickly.

the bark thing sounds cute as....though yeah, be kinda weird too :? :lol: :D
flippo

Post by flippo »

my mums cat tobers dosent meow, but he kinda makes this burping sound when he runs and jumps "bup bup bup bup bup"
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

...and basically that's the situation
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

who's into fish???

i'm thinking about becoming addicted.

got a fighter, his name is Kutō (short for Zanpakutō, it means Soul slayer :P)

i want more, but wont be able to cos i have nowhere for a bigger tank. gash.

i know some peeps here must have some fishies!! tropical or coldies.

it's hard to get a good pic of his, he's fast.

one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

hehehe cute as Hughbert.
keenie

Post by keenie »

my cat is really fluffy and she sleeps with her face down, buried in the couch. and in the morning she runs up and down the house, 'practicing' for when she has to be tuff.

cute as a button :)
and thats how the flyer got done
Fents

Post by Fents »

Ag3nT[]0raNg3 wrote:who's into fish???

i'm thinking about becoming addicted.

got a fighter, his name is Kutō (short for Zanpakutō, it means Soul slayer :P)

i want more, but wont be able to cos i have nowhere for a bigger tank. gash.

i know some peeps here must have some fishies!! tropical or coldies.

it's hard to get a good pic of his, he's fast.

I know you've seen it but anyways :

7 Neon Tetra's - The Secret Seven
4 Guppi's - Fantastic Four
2 Bala Sharks - Dynamic Duo

Found out last night two of my guppi's are pregnant. Bala's gonna eat the egg's tho :(
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

better pic of them tho!

balas will get fatty. :P

fry are good food. you wouldnt know what to do with 100+ guppie fry! need another tank if you wnna breed em. too much work i say! :P
www.dubstep.com.au
flippo

Post by flippo »

fishies, I'm gonna get a picture of my main man pickles and his brother who does not have a name 8)
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

PICKLES!!!!
www.dubstep.com.au
Lauer

Post by Lauer »

Carlz wrote:Heres my kitty
:smt060
That cat is so damn cute!

:smt007
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

im seriuosly in love with mowie
can you tell??
this is kitty porn at its best...

:wink: :wink:
yenks

Post by yenks »

ghetto kitty wrote:im seriuosly in love with mowie
can you tell??
this is kitty porn at its best...
mowie sure is a cuttie ghetto kitty.

my fav type of cat :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

so round and fluffy this time of year especially

i want to eat her

:)
Terry Tate
Location: come in! this is lonely soldier! my location is....bookshop!

Post by Terry Tate »

finally some photos of my newest kitty mushu! the educated kitten who thinks she's better than you!
we got her from a friend who owns a property out in the country. he goes up there once a month to sort stuff out and last time he was there he found 3 lil newborn kittens on his couch. since he doesnt own a cat out there he figured the mum was from down the road and would be back soon to take care of them. but the next day when she hadnt shown up he went for a look and found the poor mum dead on the road. so he hand-reared them for a few weeks before it got too much and we took one off his hands.
she is the most ballsy kitten ever and is a lil demon.

mushu fighting pazuzu
New Hampshire's alright if you like fighting.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

aawwwwwww toooo cute! Nice TT :D
mecka

Post by mecka »

Terry Tate wrote:finally some photos of my newest kitty mushu! the educated kitten who thinks she's better than you!
I loled.