Baroq!!! New Club Opening Soon

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
marcus

Post by marcus »

*catalyst wrote:
Will there be a line? Will there be some form of tetris/frogger available for people waiting in line?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Stylus Radio :: Every 2nd Sunday :: 6-8pm AEST :: http://www.nsbradio.co.uk
deviant

Post by deviant »

lol @ this thread
mecka

Post by mecka »

bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Interesting......
Any links to the Baroq website or the LVX entertainment website all redirect back too google......I smell a rat!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

The irony is people whinge about there not being enough NEW venues, and this dudes comes in here generally opening up to people about the system and music ... and he gets slated by the same people who whinge and moan about the state of the melbourne club scene.

It's a new venue/concept - what's the worst thing that can happen. I never realised MB was a vigilante police force upholding all that is ethical and decent in clubland.
mecka

Post by mecka »

we're not, but what we are is a highly opinionated group of people who never seem to agree with each other.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

breaksRbest wrote:
cj the taniwha wrote:gee gosh we're a friendly and welcoming bunch.

w3rd.

I thought MB were a friendly lot, then this thread started.
:scr1pt:

its pissing me off actually. if this was anyone on here's mate's night no way would you lot be dissing so much. its bollocks. and if he is targeting people from their attacks, fine with me, you deserve it. i ain't into the plur shit, but give me a fucken break. this is just out right rudeness and not cool at all...
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

why start a thread about something your promoting and not be able to answer any questions. fuck it,
I get attacked by you khunts all the time just for having a different opinoin.
Now I never had a bad thing to say about this person or the club, its just suspiscion on othere peeps part I reckon.
Why would anybody promot something that they don't know anything about. Come one. We're all big people and can make up our own minds. If someone can't defend an operation they claim to be involved in, why go public an post.

Oh yeah, I'm giving you huys a heads up about this new nite a friend is running, it will be real different, PM for cheap entry.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
mecka

Post by mecka »

factory worker wrote:why start a thread about something your promoting and not be able to answer any questions. fuck it,
damn fuckin straight.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

mecka wrote:
factory worker wrote: I get attacked by you khunts all the time just for having a different opinoin.
damn fuckin straight.
Welcome to my world. :lol:
We should have an MB out-cast party, consisting of people who DARE to question, or go against the grain.
All three of us will have a ball - I'll bring a picnic hamper.

Ollie - you bring the drugs, and the loose bitches. :lol:
Factory worker - you bring the guns.
I'll just bring my foul fucking mouth, and offend as many god fearing twats as possible. :smt098

Dang! Now that everyone knows, does this mean I don't get gigs any more? Or my social status amongst people I don't even know may drop?
Fuck! Dang! I'll just cross them all off my calendar now - the gigs.
What was I thinking! I mean I ACTUALLY spoke my mind!!!!
Who will hire me now? :shock:
Arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!
Pfft.
:smt005

Yeah, umm, Baroque looks great.
Where do I sign up?
Do you have a pay per week thing like gym members do?
Do you have a gym in there?
No, I'm being serious - seriously. 8)

Hey and what's a membership worth?
If I pay in cash, can I wear my Marty Monster suit? :wink:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

mecka wrote:
factory worker wrote:why start a thread about something your promoting and not be able to answer any questions. fuck it,
damn fuckin straight.
If I could find an emoticon for the worlds smallest violin, I'd post it right now.

Here's an opinion, different or otherwise.

Your constant negativity SHITS ME.
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Flash

Post by Flash »

fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Flash

Post by Flash »

:lol:
mecka

Post by mecka »

breaksRbest wrote: If I could find an emoticon for the worlds smallest violin, I'd post it right now.

Continue to cry and I'll continue not to care. :thumbleft:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

breaksRbest wrote:
mecka wrote:
damn fuckin straight.
If I could find an emoticon for the worlds smallest violin, I'd post it right now.

Howdy doodely neighbour.
I think I'll follow your fine example of an upstanding member of the community from now. You have a lovely garden. Do you mind if I sniff your neatly trimmed but highly unoriginal cliche. Actually why don't you hum a tune instead of posting an emoticon. A lush and joyous song about positivity that has a catchy chorus so that I may join in, once I get the hang of it.
Anyhoo, I'll leave you too go about your own business, this fine and dandy Sunday.
Hoo-roo.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

bassfreak wrote:Interesting......
Any links to the Baroq website or the LVX entertainment website all redirect back too google
Hmm same.
Is it still working for some? Or is it completely dodgy that's been pulled down?
Good - New nightclub opening up, new watering hole for the ever growing city of melbourne.
Bad - Article found on nightclub fruad.

Meh.
deviant

Post by deviant »

factory worker wrote:why start a thread about something your promoting and not be able to answer any questions.
I'm pretty sure dubs did answer the questions.
flipyourwig

Post by flipyourwig »

deviant wrote:
factory worker wrote:why start a thread about something your promoting and not be able to answer any questions.
I'm pretty sure dubs did answer the questions.
Dubs advised will get back in a ferw days with further details about
the PA system/ sound proofing - genres or what music is gonna be crnaking out of their flash Valve PA.

Membership details are still sketchy, such as what it entails you too. How the hosting/ promotion thing is gonna work. And if we will be considered as 'clientele'.

Also there was a few questions surrounding the Age Article and putting our minds at ease over the alleged connection with property tycoons and their shady business operations.

I can't be arsed trawling back though all the posts to find all the unanswered questions but suffice to say Dubs did indicate several times that further follow up will provide answers the barrage of questions which seems pretty reasonable. Fair enough to check with the management about those specifics, and also understandable that a quick heads up about a new club is bound to raise peeps curiosity. Maybe there was some hasty comments or cynical assumptions thrown around, definitley not a personal slander of the messenger. Blame this digital age we live in, where everyone wants to know what's happening before its announced and download the tunes that were played before they're released to the public.

Looking forward to having these concerns (raised by the so called haters) clarified when Dubs comes back with an update.
FliPYoURWiG goes BALLISTIC! Sat_16 _Sept
Sholtzy, Lex, Dr Gonzo, Factory Worker, B-rad, Ayna, 6'6", Black Sand.
10pm-6am:$10/$7 @791 Sydney Road, Melburn.
---------------------------------------------------
FLAMING WAX - Sat_30_Sept
mrj

Post by mrj »

Okay

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. Also I was one of the first people to post in this thread and take the piss out of dub.

I'll admit, I immediately rejected dubs initial comments and post because I found the concept of this club (namely exclusivity) to be one that is immediately at odds with my own values.

However, I've had some time to read peoples comments in this thread and consider my own opinions and would like to issue the following statement.

I was wrong

In fact I'm pretty ashamed at my own hypocrisy.

The comments from the likes of Valuetime and Sheperd are pretty much spot on.

Everyone has been whinging about venue closure and general decline, but then as soon as someone comes on here and posts about a new venue with a killer sound system everyone closes ranks and attacks them because the look and feel (if not crowd) the club is going for doesn't really match what we ourselves identify with. Is this not the definition of exclusivity? If not elitism? Oh the irony.

So I'm putting my hand up and admitting I was wrong. Its true that the concept behind this club is not one that appeals to me, but so what? I'm not really behind the concept of toothpaste (someone please invent pleasant tasting toothpaste) but does that mean I should go around throwing molotov cocktails through the windows of my local dentist. No, it means I should shut my mouth, put my hands in my pockets, and let people brush in peace.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Some peeps acting like straight up pricks in this thread. Fucking sort yourselves out.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Hardy wrote:Some peeps acting like straight up pricks in this thread. Fucking sort yourselves out.
Its stuff like this that isn't really helping matters either Tom.
flippo

Post by flippo »

lol what the absolute fuck happened here :lol:
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

monday morning lols.
quiet roar

Post by quiet roar »

Ides-GotFunk? wrote:
dubs wrote:The club is situated right next to Myer and David Jones in the city. Its in Drewrey Lane off Burke Street.

This club opening will be off the hook. No doubt about it. Remember if you want to come to opening of the club. Email me and ill keep in touch with the details when it opens. Cheers guys and gals
double o?
Embassy Bar, more likely. Maybe both combined.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
deviant

Post by deviant »

mrj wrote:Okay

I've been watching this thread with a lot of interest. Also I was one of the first people to post in this thread and take the piss out of dub.

I'll admit, I immediately rejected dubs initial comments and post because I found the concept of this club (namely exclusivity) to be one that is immediately at odds with my own values.

However, I've had some time to read peoples comments in this thread and consider my own opinions and would like to issue the following statement.

I was wrong

In fact I'm pretty ashamed at my own hypocrisy.

The comments from the likes of Valuetime and Sheperd are pretty much spot on.

Everyone has been whinging about venue closure and general decline, but then as soon as someone comes on here and posts about a new venue with a killer sound system everyone closes ranks and attacks them because the look and feel (if not crowd) the club is going for doesn't really match what we ourselves identify with. Is this not the definition of exclusivity? If not elitism? Oh the irony.

So I'm putting my hand up and admitting I was wrong. Its true that the concept behind this club is not one that appeals to me, but so what? I'm not really behind the concept of toothpaste (someone please invent pleasant tasting toothpaste) but does that mean I should go around throwing molotov cocktails through the windows of my local dentist. No, it means I should shut my mouth, put my hands in my pockets, and let people brush in peace.
big ups dude. It takes a strong person to stand up and admit that shit.

Whether the age artical has any weight or not, I don't think it's fair to drag up shit that has nothing to do with this thread, or possibly nothing to do with this club (it's all heresay at this stage)..... If you had made some bad business decisions or got into trouble in your life would you like people to drag it up on a constant basis.

It's none of our business, and it has nothing to do with whether the club in question is going to be a worth while establishment, leave it alone guys.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Hrm. Yes. Agreed.

:oops:
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

EDIT:

***Careful crew.... I almost retract my words of defence for this lot after what I just learnt.

The group behind these new clubs allegedly sells you personal info on to other "marketers". They get around this through their rather large legal team.

Apparently, in order to become a member you must complete a credit application. By lodging a credit application (you get a set personal credit limit in the club as a member, dependent on your income etc) the business is somehow allowed to bypass Privacy legislation and pass details on to a third party. It may be your income, your favourite drink, who knows???
Last edited by Direkt on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrj

Post by mrj »

deviant wrote:it's all heresay at this stage
Well, we have plenty of heresay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence!!!!

He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

deviant wrote: It's none of our business, and it has nothing to do with whether the club in question is going to be a worth while establishment, leave it alone guys.
I disagree. You're talking about an individual who is making a drive to
generate hype about a new venue and in doing so boost sales of
memberships. The people that he prospectively wants to sign these memberships
are members of this board. I would argue that anyone wishing to
engage in (what appears to be) a lengthy buisness relationship and divuldge
personal details to said individual or organisation would consider the
companies reputation and previous possible fraudulent dealings
"our business".

If I'm gona pay $X a week/month/year I damn well consider the
companies previous financial dealings my business.

Also consider the promoters on this board. If they want to throw a gig at said venue
I’d say more so that it then becomes their business.
Confucius say

If you spin an awesome bedroom set and no one is around to hear it, did you still spin an awesome bedroom set?
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

jungle_tactics wrote:
deviant wrote: It's none of our business, and it has nothing to do with whether the club in question is going to be a worth while establishment, leave it alone guys.
I disagree. You're talking about an individual who is making a drive to
generate hype about a new venue and in doing so boost sales of
memberships. The people that he prospectively wants to sign these memberships
are members of this board. I would argue that anyone wishing to
engage in (what appears to be) a lengthy buisness relationship and divuldge
personal details to said individual or organisation would consider the
companies reputation and previous possible fraudulent dealings
"our business".

If I'm gona pay $X a week/month/year I damn well consider the
companies previous financial dealings my business.

Also consider the promoters on this board. If they want to throw a gig at said venue
I’d say more so that it then becomes their business.
you think too much dude.

sif anyone here is going to pay anyway.
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

lol, I love the notion that someone would have to invest some amount
of thought to come to the conclution that :

doing business with Mr X makes said business your business. :lol: :roll:
Confucius say

If you spin an awesome bedroom set and no one is around to hear it, did you still spin an awesome bedroom set?
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

the place is still under construction

I imagine the sound in the main room is really top heavy at the moment, with all those hammers & buzz saws going off.
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
nic

Post by nic »

Why baroque? I dont understand why Rococco wasnt considered.

Why try and replicate a vogue photo shoot minus gemma ward when you could deisgn a club in the style of umm Midwest Prarie revival that could speak measures to the australian public,.

Thsi is such a good thread, everyone is playing their roles perfectly. haters, lovers, inbetweeners, heart-felters(sp?) yo-yo ers etc.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

nic wrote:
Thsi is such a good thread, everyone is playing their roles perfectly. haters, lovers, inbetweeners, heart-felters(sp?) yo-yo ers etc.
So true. Even the commentators are chipping in. :teef:

Can we let this thread die?
nic

Post by nic »

So true. Even the commentators are chipping in.
lolteef the truthspeaker
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

nic wrote:lolteef the truthspeaker
haha
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Hey guys, don't fight, change sides, then suck ass and be club buddies any more. Just live in harmony, and be merry
We can all live heavenly existences, and we don't need to be members of high flying corporate clubs.
Well you can be if it's your thing.
But, my brothers in beatdom - there is an alternative.

I've been selling.....

For almost two years now.

And since I've sold this product, I have ripped heaps of old codgers off, made a fortune, and I am about to buy my own club in Broadmeadows called B-Roke.
It will be a club unlike anything Melb has seen before with exquisite milk crate coffe tables, with only the finest bits of chipboard for their tops. Couches, which after I clean all the semen stains, and patch up the ciggarette burns up, will be as good as anything we've got in town.
Molly Meldrum and Kane Dignum will be spinning there weekly, with a host of internationals being brought out for your entertainment - Bob Sagget, Nudge from 'Hey Dad (now living in Burkino Faso), and Monica Lewinski for the new years bash. (She's a sucker for a good time, and loves to chew the fat on the phone - she can't wait to get out here)
And speaking of bashes, and you are assured to see at 12 bogans a weekend get into an 'all in' and you are assured the teeth will fly.
We will be displaying the newest fashions once a month - usually consisting of incredibly obese women in tight fitting pink K-mart tracksuit pants and black mocasins pushing prams, and yelling obscenities at the other kids they've raised, who've just learnt to steal. (It's the new thing in the slums of France ladies :wink: )
There will at least be three dirty engine blocks on the dance floor.
Our incredibly friendly, and armed to the teeth security from the Nomads/Hells Angels will be on hand any time anyone wants to forfiet their membership, or if someone needs to be taken out with half a brick in the club.
And cheap beers, G, and shots of heroin as random spot prizes every night.
And as the ultimate treat...
Special guest appearance by 'hard man' Mark Latham on opening night.

Get in touch with Feathers or Chook for info on...

[email protected]

:smt023
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:roll: @ this

You'd hate to try something new
dubs

Post by dubs »

Hey peoples......

First of all i dont know why people are talking about memberships in the first place. Thats not why im here. All that generated from a couple of people reading a article that was found in the age.

I am here to generate hype about all these clubs. Let people aware of what is coming to melbourne. Generating hype is the way to go in promoting clubs. and im thinking that is working in here.

Im here to bring people into the clubs so all the clubs that you see at www.lvx.com.au i can organise any function whether its corporate/21st/engagements etc or just to be on a guestlist for any of these clubs ok. First Club Baroq opens up in september k.

Some people have been posting on here and they are completely clueless on what are thinking or trying to achieve in what they say.

As i said before ill be keeping you guys posted. Keep ya harsh opinions to yourself cause really what do you get out of it. I posted this to get excitement spreading amongst melbournians ok. Ive done nothing wrong ok. it really shows how mature some of you people are.

Thankyou to all you people on here that have got the right things to say, and not total crap.. CHeers :)

And as i said ill be giving you more details in the next couple of days so hold your horses and chill. k peeps.
jungle_tactics

Post by jungle_tactics »

My question is ok.... why does your website redirect to google ok?

I'd like to view pictures of these new venues k. Let me know when its back up........k. 8)
Confucius say

factory worker

Post by factory worker »

dubs wrote:Hey peoples......

First of all i dont know why people are talking about memberships in the first place. Thats not why im here. All that generated from a couple of people reading a article that was found in the age.

I am here to generate hype about all these clubs. Let people aware of what is coming to melbourne. Generating hype is the way to go in promoting clubs. and im thinking that is working in here.

Im here to bring people into the clubs so all the clubs that you see at www.lvx.com.au i can organise any function whether its corporate/21st/engagements etc or just to be on a guestlist for any of these clubs ok. First Club Baroq opens up in september k.

Some people have been posting on here and they are completely clueless on what are thinking or trying to achieve in what they say.

As i said before ill be keeping you guys posted. Keep ya harsh opinions to yourself cause really what do you get out of it. I posted this to get excitement spreading amongst melbournians ok. Ive done nothing wrong ok. it really shows how mature some of you people are.

Thankyou to all you people on here that have got the right things to say, and not total crap.. CHeers :)

And as i said ill be giving you more details in the next couple of days so hold your horses and chill. k peeps.
BLUFF

Cuppiller days maaaate.

If I was generating excitment for an event or business and the integrity of the product was questioned - I reckon I'd avoid answering any specific questions as well.

The post in this thread mentioned intelligent - what intelligent lighting?
Peeps on this thread can mix records records in time and I reckon you've got a bout 4 minutes to hum a better tune.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

jungle_tactics wrote:My question is ok.... why does your website redirect to google ok?

I'd like to view pictures of these new venues k. Let me know when its back up........k. 8)
:scr1pt: even tried cut n pasting the link, still don't work.
dubs

Post by dubs »

intelligent lighting what??? mate thats what i have been talking about!!! people who put stuff of here that they dont know what they are talking about . Useless. Next time mate. Thanks for you contribution

hey yeah sorry the website is down for contruction - was told that today. it should be up in the next couple of days or so... cheers
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

dubs wrote:intelligent lighting what??? mate thats what i have been talking about!!! people who put stuff of here that they dont know what they are talking about . Useless. Next time mate. Thanks for you contribution

hey yeah sorry the website is down for contruction - was told that today. it should be up in the next couple of days or so... cheers
Unfortunately I am unable to thank you for your contribution, because you failed to spark up some useful dialoge or come back with any further useful information apart from an obvious analysis that everybody is beng kept in the dark.

Further to that, you misquoted me dubs - you mentioned the club would apeal to the intelligent but then you edited your post 5 hours later, after you were asked to explain the statement.

To the best of my knowledge, I think you have insulted my intelligence, but I don't know if you understand the idea of sharing knowledge, but it's generally quite wise to concentrate on enlightening people about your concept rather than attacking their IQ by calling them useless. If people posting on this thread appear to not know what they're talking about, it looks like you've barked up the wrong tree on your mission to recruit 'intelligent' people. The onus is on you to educate us or risk losing any potential investment opportunity that you were seeking from this forum. Don't belittle us, enlighten us - intelligently.

I thought you were possibly referring to the lighting design and technology, modern clubs have intelligent lighting, but you clarified quite clearly that my contribution was incorrect (even though it was a rhetorical statement). And in a way you were insinuating that intelligent people would appreciate the decor and theme of the proposed venue which will apparaently have a relaxed dress code.
dubs wrote:Its just not for people in suits. Let me explain, its a themed club right, which is the 17th century art movement. I used intelligent as a word cause it interacts with the theme. Im not saying that only suits will get in.
So let's get intellectual. You've approached us with a concept for a club that will apeal to intelligent people - so we can safely assume your marketing intelligence has included us as part of your target market.

Baroq -
Cubist wrote:
dubs wrote: appeals to the intelligent
In what way does ur venue appeal "to the intelligent"?
dubs wrote: As people have been having a tiff over 'only for the intelligent'. If your intelligent enough then you would be able to know what it means.
There's nothing remotely intelligent about blindly accepting anything that has been offered in regards to the membership of this 'club'.

1)No intelligent lighting (we've confirmed that from your last post).
2)No intelligent dissemination of information pertaining to musical vibe/ or what kind musical genre is being sought except a Valve system with speakers worth $25,000each. (you'll get back to us on that one).
3)No intelligent explanations about your own claim that stated this venture appeal is 'only for the intelligent'.

NO INTELLIGENT PERSON OF SOUND MIND AND REASONING WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER TAKING UP YOUR OFFER TO BUY INTO A PYRIMID MARKETING SCHEME BASED ON THE PRETENCE OF BEING AN EXCLUSIVE NITE CLUB EXPERIENCE WITH NO DETAILS ABOUT THE VENUE APRT FROM A HALF ARSED SALES PITCH (BORDERING ON A DOOR TO DOOR PLEA TO GULLIBLE CREDIT CARD HOLDERS) WITH A DEAD LINK TO A WEBSITE WITH SOME PICTURES OF A FLASHY CLUB INTERIOR.

I won't be waiting with my breath for you intelligent reply.
flippo

Post by flippo »

ClubVibes.com wrote:Baroq House. Inspired by the 17th Century western art movement that nurtured an abundance of creativity to produce dramatic, romantic, exuberant and magnificent expressions of art from sculpture, canvas, literature and music, this controversially provocative venue design delivers a sensory richness of drama, grandeur, vitality, tension and emotional tenor that appeals to the intelligent and artistically inclined patron
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

:lol: @ this thread... hella funny.

And always remember:
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Hahaha. You love pulling that one out BombJack..

Unfortunately an argument needs two conflicting ideas.
aspekt

Post by aspekt »

flippo wrote:
ClubVibes.com wrote:Baroq House. Inspired by the 17th Century western art movement that nurtured an abundance of creativity to produce dramatic, romantic, exuberant and magnificent expressions of art from sculpture, canvas, literature and music, this controversially provocative venue design delivers a sensory richness of drama, grandeur, vitality, tension and emotional tenor that appeals to the intelligent and artistically inclined patron
arrrgh....adjective....OVERLOAD!!!!
There's no justice, just us.
B0mBjAcK

Post by B0mBjAcK »

factory worker wrote:Hahaha. You love pulling that one out BombJack..

Unfortunately an argument needs two conflicting ideas.
Coz it's funny coz it's true!!

Don't get technical on me it's to late, I'm not going to argue with you ;)
That's so plausible I can't believe it!
XVi32 - It's a blog
Kulture - Melbourne Jungle/D&B blog
Melbourne D&B - Melbourne D&B Forum