ANDY C, MC GQ, D BRIDGE & SHIMON

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Bring it!
Norfside foreva.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I'm working through emotional stages about this gig today. I've moved to complete and utter jealousy now.

DAMMIT!

Have some fun for me people. Maybe some happy smiling pictures of everyone dancing and cavorting will soothe the pain :cry:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

The Mixtress wrote:I'm working through emotional stages about this gig today. I've moved to complete and utter jealousy now.

DAMMIT!

Have some fun for me people. Maybe some happy smiling pictures of everyone dancing and cavorting will soothe the pain :cry:
Wot she said :cry:
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

3 hours and I am......... still in front of my computer avoiding the dilemma.... what to wear?! Especially seeing that I have to pack for two days (BDO inc.) and the weather is being a bitch!

Mixtress... I think everyone hear will have a drink and a dance for ya! And imagine you are there in spirit!

Black Star: Agreed with the northside reprezent (outta northside 4 ME!).
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

I know what i'm going to wear.......................wait for it.......................

Jeans a t-shirt and a hoodie. Only problem is i cant really be fucked shaving my head mind you atm it is pretty short.

So is it going to be ramed tonight? One would have to say yes coz of the fucking mad acts but this thread isn't very busy at all which leads me to think that maybe not that many heads yet lots of randoms will be there.
GO CATS! GO CATS!
nic

Post by nic »

hmm i want to go now. how much door tix? liek 78 $ or somthing? someone help me out?
B Man

Post by B Man »

tix are 60 on the door
Virus Tour
ED RUSH & OPTICAL
March 11th Hi Fi Bar & Ballroom
nic

Post by nic »

thanks
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

So...??

Awaiting feedback with baited breath...

:wink:
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Andrez, if there's no feedback by now I'm guestimating that it was fucking fantastic and everyone's still sleeping it off... :wink:
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

im wrecked.

/executed
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

The Mixtress wrote:Andrez, if there's no feedback by now I'm guestimating that it was fucking fantastic and everyone's still sleeping it off... :wink:
...heh-heh... too true!!

:roll:
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

D-Bridge Killed it!! my fav set for the night.

Andy C was a good show but bass just seemed too loud and couldnt hear the tracks clearly/properly.

MC GQ was a good alot better than the bogan MC and the fools that jacked the mic during shimons set.

Shimon.....not the best, i expected alot but he let me down, im sure he played Jenna-G in love twice....

good crowd who all loved it! Thats the main thing i suppose.
db

Post by db »

Who was the Bogan MC ? :lol:
Pimpin' since pimpin' was pimpin'

DOPEBEAT'S MYSPACE
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Thanks davidbreaks. :D

I'm curious about the bogan mc too...
Bradykinin

Post by Bradykinin »

The person he is referring to is Danyelsun I think? I'm pretty sure thats who was spitting over D bridge. Davidbreaks just dislikes all MC's in general by the sounds of it :)

Don't know what happened to the sound guys - it was all over the shop. So low you could easily talk over it then gettin cranked thru Andy's set to the point where I stilll have a ringing in my ears 9 hours later (I think the pushing the hi's up a bit too hi).

Was very suprised it wasn't filled to the rafters though. Andy C normally commands a rammed, jammed venue but with D Bridge and Shimon thrown in, I was sure it would be bumper to bumper but it wasn't too be. The extra space to walk around and dance was wicked but suprising.

Now off to see Tool at BDO!!!! Work is gunna be painful tomorrow morning.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Danyellsun is a Melbourne institution, and a really spiffy fellow. :smt049

I'm sorta surprised to hear it wasn't choc-o-block. Considering how quiet the Croft was on Friday I thought everyone was saving themselves for Andy C & the boys. Maybe too much going on this AusDay weekend.

More reviews please!!
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

Holy bajeezus what a corker.

D-Bridge was awesome and Andy C doesn't dissapoint. Nearly wet myself when he dropped Renegade - Terrorist. Memories from Ray Keith @ Tekstep 13 playing that at close came flooding back. Glad to see so many fresh faces around.

Big ups to the morning after crew at Soufside. :lighter:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

First and foremost, massive love and respeck to Ollie and Jared for getting me in there. May Shiva rain gifts of love and fortune upon you.
Also sending love to Will for pulling me out of a slump when I really needed it. Good to see ya bro!

While the tunes were great and Andy owned it, it has to said that the promotors of this gig made an absolutely piss poor effort on this one. No extra sound, no decor, there wasn't even fucking moniters until Andy asked for some. The sound was utterly fucking horrid. Please don't put on any more parties til you sort it out.
mecka

Post by mecka »

fikuss wrote:Big ups to the morning after crew at Soufside. :lighter:
Word up. Plenty of laughs to be had by all.

Hardy wrote:First and foremost, massive love and respeck to Ollie and Jared for getting me in there. May Shiva rain gifts of love and fortune upon you.
Also sending love to Will for pulling me out of a slump when I really needed it. Good to see ya bro!

While the tunes were great and Andy owned it, it has to said that the promotors of this gig made an absolutely piss poor effort on this one. No extra sound, no decor, there wasn't even fucking moniters until Andy asked for some. The sound was utterly fucking horrid. Please don't put on any more parties til you sort it out.
Hardy you know we gots yo back dawg. I thought Shiva was the destroyer? Ah... come to think of it thats pretty cool.

Agreed 100% on the decor and sound. WTF were you lot thinking?

That having being said, Andy fucking... fucking SMASHED IT. The best set I have ever seen. Two hours of pure, nonstop euphoria. At one point I swear i had a tear in the corner of my eye i was so impressed. Highlight of the night was the Voodoo People rmx dropped in over the top of heaven and hell.

Bigups to DBridge as well for doing a fine opening set.

I dunno what was going on with Shimon...

and bigups to Keir for telling the two fuckwit MCs to get off. I think that:

Hardy

Post by Hardy »

mecka wrote: Highlight of the night was the Voodoo People rmx dropped in over the top of heaven and hell.
WORD!!!! That mix was out of fucking control!!!!!
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Hmmm yeah, the sound was fucked.
ally

Post by ally »

D Bridge is the man. zomg boh set.
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

Bradykinin wrote:Davidbreaks just dislikes all MC's in general by the sounds of it :)
Thats not totally tru, i do like Drum N bass MC's.....I just dislike MC's who are overly repetitive and do not find any new rhymes in their years of MCing.....Or MC's that dont compliment the music.....take Stamina, Conrad, Dynamite so many more compliment the dj and the music, this was not done by Danyellsun.
The Mixtress wrote:Danyellsun is a Melbourne institution, and a really spiffy fellow. :smt049
If that is so the melbourne MC scene must be quite dismal.....

Which sucks frankly, id like to think our city would be the finest in our lovely country. But i havnt seen any interstate MC's so i cant say really.

And Spiffy or not i didnt know his name and to me he looked 'boganish' so i labled him the "Bogan MC".
davidbreaks wrote:MC GQ was a good alot better than the bogan MC and the fools that jacked the mic during shimons set.
Now i know his name i can say "MC GQ was a good alot better than Danyellsun, and the fools that jacked the mic during shimons set"
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

Good night musically.....
Looks that the promoters invested very little money on this as the sound was terrible. The lighting was the piss poor also. My ears are still completely screwed. If you are gonna have shit sound please warn people first and give out earplugs at the door.
Enough bitching, it was fun anyway.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Christ, my ears are still sore and ringing from that, and not in a good way.
J Gal

Post by J Gal »

Got there for the last hour or so and had a ball... Nothing better than been able to have a boogie after a long nights work! BUs to the miss l's crew. Twas fun! :wink:
These are the days of our lolz
killeye

Post by killeye »

Hardy wrote:Christ, my ears are still sore and ringing from that, and not in a good way.
Likewise!

Had a ball.Dunno how he does it (andy c) keeps the whole room 100% jumping the whole set. DBridge played some really nice tunes as well..didn't stay for much of Shimon, I was stuffed!

Bit disappointed with the lack of interior decorations, you don't need much- a mere bit of cammo netting woulda made it!

Tops to see a mass of MB-ers 8)
"That's my desire, keep pushing, keep striving"

killeye myspace
mecka

Post by mecka »

Hardy wrote:Christ, my ears are still sore and ringing from that, and not in a good way.
Me, Kronz and Rayner all had exactly the same thing this morning. It was fucked. And when I woke up it was just barely going.
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

Eh. Wasn't hard enough. My yells of play more amens was not received at all. Shimon dropped house at one point!? The place sounded like Revolver for 4 tracks...

D Bridge was good but not my thing, once again not dark enough. Total portrayel of the difference between juxtaposition and middleground. The latter was represented.

Andy C / GQ good and all but too much clowny stuff, nothing that dark etc. I think when you have been DJing so long so often, you lose focus of the endless possibilities of sets. You get used to your technique and set trappings.. same for any artform. Outsiders are where it's at.

Shimon - once again, HOUSE. WTF. I guess he could see the room clearing a little and went with it...?

Sound = bass over EVERYTHING. Every sample, every breakdown, the hi-fi is never usually this bassy unless DNB gigs. It's silly. Bass should be there for the bassy bits.. not EVERYTHING! It gets to the point where the whole gig you are just vibrating no matter what.. space is required to make the bass actually hit you... ! And be interesting. The treble was too loud most of the night too but I think this was probably the DJs eq rather than the house, because it came and went..

Not to mention at least one of the decks was skipping through the WHOLE night and no one changed...was silly, skips all over the place.

Locals..where were the hardcore choons!? :p

And Daniellsan.. LOL. He has been doing the same 10 lines for what.. 7 years as far as I have seen!! Bogan = singlet and big arms dancing lol..

And yes two dudes in crowd got turn on mic towards end.. and another guy before them, they all three were terrible and further showed me the light in regards to DNB MCs. We dun need em! The tracks have enough cool vocal samples that are destroyed by MCs and also there are so few that are even good enough to rap over hip hop.

GQ: "to the tippitty tippitty tippitty tippitty top"

PFFFT lol

I'm a hard man to please tho. Where's the hardcore?
paranoid edge

Post by paranoid edge »

davidbreaks wrote:[quote="If that is so the melbourne MC scene must be quite dismal.....

Which sucks frankly, id like to think our city would be the finest in our lovely country. But i havnt seen any interstate MC's so i cant say really.

And Spiffy or not i didnt know his name and to me he looked 'boganish' so i labled him the "Bogan MC".
davidbreaks wrote:MC GQ was a good alot better than the bogan MC and the fools that jacked the mic during shimons set.
Now i know his name i can say "MC GQ was a good alot better than Danyellsun, and the fools that jacked the mic during shimons set"
Don't be knockn Danyellsun! Fuckn good MC n fuckn good man! (nuff said!)
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

NinjaGaijin wrote:Eh. Wasn't hard enough. My yells of play more amens was not received at all. Shimon dropped house at one point!? The place sounded like Revolver for 4 tracks...

D Bridge was good but not my thing, once again not dark enough. Total portrayel of the difference between juxtaposition and middleground. The latter was represented.

Andy C / GQ good and all but too much clowny stuff, nothing that dark etc. I think when you have been DJing so long so often, you lose focus of the endless possibilities of sets. You get used to your technique and set trappings.. same for any artform. Outsiders are where it's at.

Shimon - once again, HOUSE. WTF. I guess he could see the room clearing a little and went with it...?

Sound = bass over EVERYTHING. Every sample, every breakdown, the hi-fi is never usually this bassy unless DNB gigs. It's silly. Bass should be there for the bassy bits.. not EVERYTHING! It gets to the point where the whole gig you are just vibrating no matter what.. space is required to make the bass actually hit you... ! And be interesting. The treble was too loud most of the night too but I think this was probably the DJs eq rather than the house, because it came and went..

Not to mention at least one of the decks was skipping through the WHOLE night and no one changed...was silly, skips all over the place.

Locals..where were the hardcore choons!? :p

And Daniellsan.. LOL. He has been doing the same 10 lines for what.. 7 years as far as I have seen!! Bogan = singlet and big arms dancing lol..

And yes two dudes in crowd got turn on mic towards end.. and another guy before them, they all three were terrible and further showed me the light in regards to DNB MCs. We dun need em! The tracks have enough cool vocal samples that are destroyed by MCs and also there are so few that are even good enough to rap over hip hop.

GQ: "to the tippitty tippitty tippitty tippitty top"

PFFFT lol

I'm a hard man to please tho. Where's the hardcore?
Are you retarded? Why would you expect amens and hardcore from a party like this? The DJs played exactly what they were known for, so why would you expect differently? That's like going to Tech Itch and expecting liquid.
mecka

Post by mecka »

hardy... the man knows.

the tunes certainly werent the problem and if u were expecting hard as feck u have been seriously misled as to what dbridge, andy c and shimon all play.
nic

Post by nic »

Total portrayel of the difference between juxtaposition and middleground. The latter was represented.
totally retarded man :teef:
Fents

Post by Fents »

Fucking sick night, had the best fun. Vibes were running high.

To All whingers... wether its about local MC's, tracks not favouring your sound, sound issues or wether someone played house...You can whinge and wine all you want but in the end its a fucking party and you get what YOU make from that party.

Sure the sound wasnt great, thats the sound guys fault not the promoters. Hi Fi has a great inhouse system when its tuned properly. The setup wasnt great when Keir and myself played, we changed one deck three times, changed needles, didnt everything we could to get it right...

I had a mad night, with great mates, danced whistled and called for the rewind and lighter apprciation.

Massive up's to the southside morning crew, was sick hanging with you guys.
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

My ears, they ring... still. :?
Fents

Post by Fents »

Get some earplugs. Best $200 you will ever spend.
Ani

Post by Ani »

I had a good night. Andy is the first dj in a long time to hold my attention, and considering how crap I felt, that was a bloody good effort! Been a long time since I had such a good dance and a good time. Loved watching everyone in the room having such a good time.

As for the sound, I forgot my earplugs and went looking to buy some but the Hi Fi didn't have any. That's bad in my opinion. Especially when it was so loud. I think in terms of duty of care they should be available one way or another. The tunes sound so much better when you can block off those top, damaging decibels. Make sure I'll always remember my earplugs from now on!
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Raddest of nites. Mad props to Fents for hooking up Hardy and myself with ticket actoin. Resect.
advocatus_diaboli

Post by advocatus_diaboli »

Fents wrote:Get some earplugs. Best $200 you will ever spend.
Even the $20 ones are okay, your ears sort of 'adjust' and it still sounds loud. I shiver at the punishment i put my ears through not that long ago!
spiral

Post by spiral »

NinjaGaijin wrote:Eh. I'm a hard man to please tho. Where's the hardcore?
acemorning :lol:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

paranoid edge wrote:
davidbreaks wrote:[quote="If that is so the melbourne MC scene must be quite dismal.....

If someone wasn't impressed with a DJ/MC's performance they should be able to express it IMO. This is not an artist ass-sucking forum - waste of time if it is really.

I didn't go to the gig... but people should be allowed to comment, right or wrong. As the everwise Mr. Bukem says, "It's all a matter of opinion."
*frixle*

Post by *frixle* »

This is the third gig I’ve been to there and the sound has been shit so definitely don’t think it is the promoters!!

Had an awesome night, sound was shit which made it not so enjoyable.

Last years gig at Brown Alley was 10 times better.
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

spiral wrote:
NinjaGaijin wrote:Eh. I'm a hard man to please tho. Where's the hardcore?
acemorning :lol:
Fo sure, it's definitely aint gona be at Ram Records Dons gig. WTF?
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I was at the Jungle gig at HiFi last December and the sound was incredible.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Hardy wrote:there wasn't even fucking moniters until Andy asked for some.
You in your dreamworld again mate? Do you seriously think there were no monitors up until Andy asked for some? you tripper...
David Bass

Post by David Bass »

paranoid edge wrote:

:roll: all i said was "GQ was alot better than Danyellsun" where did i say he was not a "good man"? i do not know him personally so how can i say dont like him as a person? (nuff said)
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

You mentioned he was bogan looking. That's enough to spark some defence mechanisms when it comes to friends. :wink:

Don't worry davidbreaks, every is allowed an opinion around here :D
Fents

Post by Fents »

Yer all MC's should be wearing a teeshirt thats 10sizes too big, jeans and a hoodie with air max runners...

Wife beater in full effect, australian made, australian owned.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Surprised this wasn't larger.
Last edited by DBoy on Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.