Pets

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

oh ive done it brb.

more than three or four times.

once a week prolly.

:?
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

breaksRbest wrote::smt023

I've been cooking for him lately. I get the kangaroo mince from the pet shop on Sidders and mix it up with rice, peas & corn & some gravy. He's farking LOVING it.

He wouldn't touch the My Dog I was giving him, which used to be his favourite before he got sick
OOOh yummy dins for Junior!

I wonder if it is that he is more sensitive in teh belly now, so real homemade is what the bod requires....
flippo

Post by flippo »

personally, I recon rather than hitting the dog on the nose, you are better of restraining them physically if possible. If it;s a massive dog that's bigger than you that might be difficult, but usually if you can get hold of a dog, and just hold him/her still, pinned to the ground (in a non-agressive or harmful way) or even just holding them by the head, around the neck, around the torso etc, they kinda submit to you and recognise you as boss. I think it goes back to pack playfights, where the dog who was strongest and could restrain the others in a non-violent fight would be the recognised leader. If your dog is too big for you to physically dominate, you can try just putting them outside or in a laundry instead. Or even just on a leash.

Also if you give them heaps and heaps snacks in the early puppy training phase. Use somethingh with garlic in it like cabana so they can smell it on you all the time, they will just become conditioned/obsessed to wanting to do whatever you say.
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

yeah, it also has to do with the fact he can't pass anything bigger than a Pea. That, and it's loaded with laxatives, so we have to disguide the taste with gravy etc
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

aww glen, thats great you are cooking for the liddle man...

and i hear you flippo...
i do grab his schnoz when he is biting me and just hold him, look him right in the eyes and say NO, NO BITING.

also when he is too rambunctious and not listening, body slam him and keep him on the floor till he is quiet.

he knows. i know he knows.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

i'm surprised at yoshi's inability to cope with being by himself! the scratching and crying at the back door went on for hours the other day. i felt like a meanie for not letting him in, but didn't think i should be giving in to the pooch.

as for the chewing everything, i think it's something he'll grow out of, but it is a bit of a nightmare. just need be firm with the little fella...not that he listens to me anyway. :lol:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

he barely listens to me, and i yell at him and hold the food keys etc.

i guess its jsut that me and stu let him in as soon as we get home, and often as soon as i put him outside, he gets in his kennel like 'oh may as well go to sleep"

now, i want to know > where is my brand new black skate shoe?

ive lost one!!!!

YOSHI????!!!!!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Witty, it's difficult to dish out tough love but it's for the best...doing a good thing.

Sub is 5.5 years old and only yesterday I noticed a moisturiser tube that he'd nibbled on. It's not over til it's over lol

Had a scare yesterday during Clean Up day at Mal's. One of the housemates had taken him for a walk but hadn't mentioned it to anyone, so when I saw the front door wide open and no dog we all went fucking nuts. Footscray Road is only next door...big trucks and fast cars. Searched for an hour before a sheepish housemate walked in the door with a much-missed pooch.

Don't do that again!!! *wigglefinger*

I'm never having children :?
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

okay we have an epidemic with the yoshster.

he has been SNEEZING for HOURS on end.
he had this last year sometime, thoight he might have hayfever, but then he was cool.

last night he was jsut sniffin the grass (hound) and he did not stop sneezin for TWO HOURS.

his little eyes were watering, he kept hitting his velvety head on the concrete, and we looked in his nose and made him snort water and could not see anything up there.

he was still sneezin down the road on our walk this mornin.

he is breathing fine, but this is gettin ridiculous and a bit scary.
anyone got any tips or is to the vet again?

on another note > he is a beagle, notorious for runnig off following the nose, but he is now walking everywhere with no leash with me, even in the busy streets! he thinks about it, but does not chase the others doggies! he is a good doggie. i love him.
gnat

Post by gnat »

needs doggie telfast kitty

i'm sure they have antihistamines or the like for animals

i'll ask my sis
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
witty_pseudonym

poor little fella. he was all cuddly afterwards. :(

sneezy needy beagie
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yeah i thought there might be...

but it was FULL on last night, seemed as if he had a grass seed up there, just did not stop.

but then to be kind of okay (as in, i thought whatever it was had dislodged) but the still sneezin this mornin has got me worried.

all the puppy books i have are shite!
nothing listed under sneezin, nothing listed under rash (hes got kinda rashy piglet belly)

could they be related?
gnat

Post by gnat »

if any chance has grass seed must go to vet pronto

they migrate quickly and if went up nose might end up in brain lady

not to alarm you but grass seeds are nasty

they'd have to have a proppa look up his nose i guess, with a scope, which would mean sedation..

got good vet?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

yup northcote vets is great.

so if he only sneezin now and then, but stil sneezin, then to vet?
gnat

Post by gnat »

you can call em and ask but they'll just say they have to see him to know for sure anyway

my sis said the pulled a grass seed out of neck near carotid artery of dog- had migrated from paw pad! :shock:
witty_pseudonym

i reckon i'd take him to the vet, just to be safe kitty. if not for the rash as well.
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

gnat wrote:you can call em and ask but they'll just say they have to see him to know for sure anyway

my sis said the pulled a grass seed out of neck near carotid artery of dog- had migrated from paw pad! :shock:
fucking hell!

and yes, thats what all the vets say.

i still havetn paid for pet insurance. should do. hrm.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

We got 3 cute little playful kittens (4 really but one is black and emo and bites and scratches - one in every family)..

I have pre named them:
Commando: grey and white - semi long hair... playful as sin, loves to climb legs and chase foil balls and get into general mischief... boy.

Garfield: boy also, ginger with cute little tiger stripes through his fur - short hair, blue eyes, very affectionate, also playful, is the boss when it comes to one on one kitty wrestling.

and Fluff: (lame name shut up), long hair, pinkish white, also a boy, curious kitty, bit shy but can Blend it up with the rest of them.

Emo: black psycho kitten which I cannot tame... if anyone can tame, feel free to give it a go... sits in corner and watches other cats play.. sometimes joins in but tends to look at surroundings with contempt!

PM for further info.:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =612806753

Last edited by ulyssian on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

I'm in love with the Grey & White one AKA Commando!

(Missed out the last lot of kitties that my workmate had, because well of unforseen circumstances)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

OMG uly > sooo cute!!!! i want the bottom cream one! but cant. :(

yoshi is enuf responsibility!

speaking of, he went for his first swim ever on the wekeend, after loads of coaxing, eventually we jsut went out in the water and he was so desperate to be close to us he jumped in and swam back! twice!

proud mummy.

:smt054 :dog:
gnat

Post by gnat »

oh dear my sis might take the ginga- she's been looking too

i'll forward her the pic and let you know
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

i want Emo kittty for sure!!! Black cats rule all!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Just drop Emo off at Flinders.
Don't hate me for house
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

jbs wrote:Just drop Emo off at Flinders.
LoL...... no.

D... talk to the man and think about it... Commando is my favorite.... he has learned to climb legs... I'm so proud.

G-Kitty.... yeah for Yoshi!!!!! - Innit exciting!
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Have to add another one.

People who hang on the phone in silence when ive answered your question. Just cos you dont like my answer, staying on the line saying nothing will not change my answer. dick head.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Have to add another one.

People who hang on the phone in silence when ive answered your question. Just cos you dont like my answer, staying on the line saying nothing will not change my answer. dick head.
AWWW!!

What a cute picture of a kitty!
Don't hate me for house
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

jbs wrote:
Lil MiSbreaks wrote:Have to add another one.

AWWW!!

What a cute picture of a kitty!
:smt005
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

thanks for the interest guys/gals.... looks like a couple might head home in the same family.... cute :)
gnat

Post by gnat »

:smt041
ADD_Boy
like a tiger

Post by ADD_Boy »

gorgeous cats Uly!

LOL @ jbs
PUCK YOU MISS ~~!
mecka

Post by mecka »

dad accidentally rubbed shampoo (the wrong kind) into their new pups eyes the other week. the poor lil bastard has to have medicated drop for a few weeks. saw him last night and he couldnt open his eyes for a few hours. hes still cute though. too big now.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

congratulations gnat and Harzee on becoming the proud new parents of 3 of the kitties! They will have a good time by the look of tings.... :D
Friday

Post by Friday »

ooooh! cool!

which ones did they get? who took two?

they've very very very cute.
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

gnat got the ginger one and the grey one... I miss them, :(

Harz's misses got the fluffy one... which now has a full on bedroom of it's own under their stairs... was the cutest thing I have seen.
Friday

Post by Friday »

yeah it must be weird having them gone!

at least they've gone to people you know and can get updates etc on how they're doing... :D
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

YAY for kittens in the extended MB family!!

gnat, how is the bunnies and kitties getting on??
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Our cats are starting to settle in the new house...

not before one too a massive shit and piss on our bed tho... at least was on the boys side......

trying to teach them all about cat flaps now
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

ulyssian - anyone take emo kitty?

the neighbours cat came to visit last night, it was SO cute! i really miss having a cat around :(
click here fo fotos
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

our neighbours cat has taken a liking to hanging out in our yard

Junior has cottoned on to this and if the cat doesn't be careful it'll be Jr's brekky one morning
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
Friday

Post by Friday »

Lizkins wrote: i really miss having a cat around :(
Lizkins wrote:anyone take emo kitty? (
gwarn!!!!
Fents

Post by Fents »

breaksRbest wrote:our neighbours cat has taken a liking to hanging out in our yard

Junior has cottoned on to this and if the cat doesn't be careful it'll be Jr's brekky one morning
funny cause our cat has taken a liking to hanging in our next door neighbours yard teasing their beagle. almighty cat yelp last sat night and sure enough it was off to the vets with her sunday morning with broken claws (scaling fence i assume) and a nip on the ear. $140 for me and she learnt her lesson tho the silly thing.
Friday

Post by Friday »

Fents wrote: broken claws
owwww. damn that would hurt!

hope she's ok.
Fents

Post by Fents »

yea she was a bit sooky. bent one right back up like we bend our fingernails off, quick chop at the vets tho and she was all good, they grow back just like ours.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Friday wrote:
Lizkins wrote: i really miss having a cat around :(
Lizkins wrote:anyone take emo kitty? (
gwarn!!!!

i know! so dang tempted but the boy said no more cats :(
click here fo fotos
ulyssian

Post by ulyssian »

Nah... emo is still with me... teaching her to not hiss and bite at the moment.. she has taken a liking to a feather boa and shoes! - got some friends who may take her after their hols - will know by weekend.. if not Liz.. she is all yours :wink: he he

Fents.... the cat will not learn from this and do it all again.... my girl dislocated her 'finger-toe' from a fly screen door... god bless their little silly souls. :smt049
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

tempting even moreso. will work on the boy, don't think i will have much luck though cos i said no to a dog lol
click here fo fotos
Friday

Post by Friday »

do it liz!!

just take it home for a 3 day 'trial'. there is no way after 3 days he won't be totally attached to it! ;) :lol:
Friday

Post by Friday »

ulyssian wrote:Nah... emo is still with me... teaching her to not hiss and bite at the moment.. she has taken a liking to a feather boa and shoes! - got some friends who may take her after their hols - will know by weekend.. if not Liz.. she is all yours :wink: he he

Fents.... the cat will not learn from this and do it all again.... my girl dislocated her 'finger-toe' from a fly screen door... god bless their little silly souls. :smt049
crap!! my boys have both been mildly injuring themselves since we've moved and i've hoped that they'll give themselves enough of a shock to cut it out - doesn't seem to be happening.

we have ridiculously high cathedral ceiling and they've managed to get up via the bench, then fridge, up to the rafters. they have no idea how to get down though and have been landing with huge thuds and limping for an hour afterwards :?

also we have these holes in the upstairs floor around the staircase (totally not building reg safe these days but as it's heritage listed it's ok), and they've been jumping / falling from there onto the polished concrete floor below. one landed literally face first the other day and hid under the bed for an hour, but seemed ok when he eventually came out. then went straight up to give it another go :roll:

SIGH
Charlie73

Post by Charlie73 »

Friday wrote:
ulyssian wrote:Nah... emo is still with me... teaching her to not hiss and bite at the moment.. she has taken a liking to a feather boa and shoes! - got some friends who may take her after their hols - will know by weekend.. if not Liz.. she is all yours :wink: he he

crap!! my boys have both been mildly injuring themselves since we've moved and i've hoped that they'll give themselves enough of a shock to cut it out - doesn't seem to be happening.

we have ridiculously high cathedral ceiling and they've managed to get up via the bench, then fridge, up to the rafters. they have no idea how to get down though and have been landing with huge thuds and limping for an hour afterwards :?

also we have these holes in the upstairs floor around the staircase (totally not building reg safe these days but as it's heritage listed it's ok), and they've been jumping / falling from there onto the polished concrete floor below. one landed literally face first the other day and hid under the bed for an hour, but seemed ok when he eventually came out. then went straight up to give it another go :roll:

SIGH
For really clever animals they can be so darn stoopid! I am a total panik merchant with my two, i worry worry worry, I am really nervous about letting them out at the new place as there are dogs all over here, and they have not been close to a yard with dogs......
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Friday wrote:do it liz!!

just take it home for a 3 day 'trial'. there is no way after 3 days he won't be totally attached to it! ;) :lol:

:lol: he tried that with the dog....his sister is now looking after it.

i had a terrible habbit of screaming when it came near me. Dang thing slobbered and jumped on me and it freaked me out. Clearly i am a cat person.
click here fo fotos