The Movie/Film/DVD thread...

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

march of the penguins was awesome. i fell asleep in memoirs of a geisha both times i watched it.
...and basically that's the situation
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

DBoy wrote:saw "Memoirs Of A Geisha" last night. Pretty mad movie, actually enjoyed it, i think from a visual perspective mostly. :)
Also watched "March of the Penguins" (can you tell i was hanging with a chick)... was interesting as well.
One of the better chick films I've wtached is ye olde penguins
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

DBoy wrote:saw "Memoirs Of A Geisha" last night. Pretty mad movie, actually enjoyed it, i think from a visual perspective mostly. :)
I thought this one was beautiful too look at too. The young Aussie cinematographer Dion Beebe won an Oscar for it. :D
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
mecka

Post by mecka »

I watched Wedding Crashers last night and it was fuckin horrible. Funny in some parts, yes, but wooden performances by everybody aside from Rachel McAdams, Owen Wilson and that crazy girl. Totally cliche boring ending.
mecka

Post by mecka »

Also... probably going to see Renaissance at Nova tonight.

Didn't realise that it's been screening in Melbourne for the last month.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Tonight I watched:

Final Destination 3 - Not as good as FD2, but still very cool.

Slither - Fucking LOVED it! So wrong yet still funny.
AndrewF

Post by AndrewF »

Saw An Inconvenient Truth last week. It's a bit of an "al gore" show but the facts are clear and well presented.

I would consider myself a fairly environmentally aware person but this has shocked me in to action.

Everyone should see this.
I don't know shit, about shit.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Polecat wrote:
I thought this one was beautiful too look at too. The young Aussie cinematographer Dion Beebe won an Oscar for it. :D
yeah its pretty rad...

Watched crash for the second time last night... is still rad, love that soundtrack... some farken star performances in that film (duh)

also watched the first ep of the new Soprano's season the other night. had never seen it before but i think now im going to buy some of the previous seasons. Very impressed! mmm it seems quite complicated but was pretty good to watch, nice cinematography.

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

watched 'the five obstructions' today. pretty cool. lars von trier gets his mentor to remake one of his short films five times with different 'obstructions' each time, such as no edits longer than 12 frames, shoot it in cuba, etc for the first one, and then having the director be the actor in the second. interesting enough.
mecka

Post by mecka »

cha_chaos wrote: Watched crash for the second time last night... is still rad, love that soundtrack... some farken star performances in that film (duh)
crash is pretty intense.
Will

Post by Will »

Just watched Thank You For Smoking and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Both were very enjoyable.

Downloaded a screener of The Black Dahlia as well but one look at the quality and I decided to wait until I can see it on the big screen. Or get a DVD rip.

James Ellroy deserves better. The man's one of my literary gods.

Demonstrated aptly by this quote:
The Onion wrote:That must be something you deal with all the time: people confusing your characters' racism for your own.
James Ellroy wrote:You know what? Call me racist, and call me a xenophobe, but I'm not wild about Arab terrorists. I think they're a bunch of camel-fucking motherfuckers. And I want to make fun of them, because I'm a bad guy. And anyone out there who doesn't like it can kiss my ass. It's saying it that's so much fun. I'll admit, in some ways, even though I'm 56 years old, and dare I say a great artist and a wonderful human being and all that, and reasonably sensitive, there's just some part of me that's immature, that likes fucking over people and pissing them off.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Will wrote:Just watched Thank You For Smoking and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Both were very enjoyable.

Downloaded a screener of The Black Dahlia as well but one look at the quality and I decided to wait until I can see it on the big screen. Or get a DVD rip.

James Ellroy deserves better. The man's one of my literary gods.

Demonstrated aptly by this quote:
The Onion wrote:That must be something you deal with all the time: people confusing your characters' racism for your own.
James Ellroy wrote:You know what? Call me racist, and call me a xenophobe, but I'm not wild about Arab terrorists. I think they're a bunch of camel-fucking motherfuckers. And I want to make fun of them, because I'm a bad guy. And anyone out there who doesn't like it can kiss my ass. It's saying it that's so much fun. I'll admit, in some ways, even though I'm 56 years old, and dare I say a great artist and a wonderful human being and all that, and reasonably sensitive, there's just some part of me that's immature, that likes fucking over people and pissing them off.
Goddammit i love James Ellroy.
valuetime

Post by valuetime »

oh man, totally. 'american tabloid' is hands down my favourite book, ever. that quote's a bit wrong, though.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

watched Thank You For Smoking too.

was pretty rad.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
mecka

Post by mecka »

Went and saw An Inconvenient Truth tonight and it's the first movie i've ever been in where not one single person got up to leave at the start of the closing credits.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

mmm bought v for vendetta and first season of sopranos the other day.... nice stuff

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

cha_chaos wrote:mmm bought v for vendetta and first season of sopranos the other day.... nice stuff
Im still trippen on the fact that you have never watched Sopranos before!!
Once you start watching the first season its hard to stop... :wink:
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

watched Confetti last night.

was pretty funny.
www.dubstep.com.au
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Grey Son wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:mmm bought v for vendetta and first season of sopranos the other day.... nice stuff
haha yeah i know, its pretty rad, and hilarious :P ... luckily the seasons are on discount at the moment :D

oh yeah, does anyone know for sure what time and channel its on tonight (6th season i mean)

Grey Son

Post by Grey Son »

cha_chaos wrote:
Grey Son wrote:
haha yeah i know, its pretty rad, and hilarious :P ... luckily the seasons are on discount at the moment :D

oh yeah, does anyone know for sure what time and channel its on tonight (6th season i mean)
Yo cha!! Its on pretty late...Weds, chan 9 at 10.40!
But its worth it!!!
Well at least i will be the fattest guy on the street gettin a boat
HEY HEY HEY im gettin a boat!!!!
www.myspace.com/greysonsoul
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

Grey Son wrote:
cha_chaos wrote:
Grey Son wrote: Im still trippen on the fact that you have never watched Sopranos before!!

Yo cha!! Its on pretty late...Weds, chan 9 at 10.40!
But its worth it!!!
thanks very muchly, yeah i dont have anything to do tomorrow... tho my fams city house has a shotty arial so i think i may have to climb on the roof to fix it

will b worth it indeed :D

Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Checked "It's All Gone Pete Tong" in a post-mushroom haze on Sunday - very good flick.

Based on a true story (well, loosely) of a DJ in Ibiza who loses his earing - and then overcomes all this and learn to mix via vibrations and visual cues, very interesting and pretty funny.

Anyone else seen it?

Last edited by Direkt on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gb

Post by gb »

Watched "You and Me and Everyone We Know" last weekend. Has anyone else seen this? It was pretty bloody funny, but some really weird black comedy elements as well...
gaz

Post by gaz »

having not seen an anime for a while, i got out 'Spriggan' the other night. Great action-save the world-fight- film and tops animation and backgrounds. Good anime. :)
gnat

Post by gnat »

Everytime I go to get that it's out Direktor but yeh it's been on our radar for a while

I watched Tsotsi on the weekend and really enjoyed it
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

gaz wrote:having not seen an anime for a while, i got out 'Spriggan' the other night. Great action-save the world-fight- film and tops animation and backgrounds. Good anime. :)
wow i havnt watched spriggan in /ages/ should soon tho, also need to rewatch totoro :D

mecka

Post by mecka »

I just picked up V for Vendetta today. Couldn't go past it for $16.
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

^^^ yah, was the price that they should all be (at most)
i beat my father to it aswell, quite an effort 8) *muahaha*

bought scrubs season 4 today... i knooooowwww its been downloadalbe for ages but i like waiting... and that yellow cover! its going to go nice on my shelf! (allaboutthelook)

Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

this one looks pretty intense.

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/tixS ... umber=1903

(apple trailer dont work)
www.dubstep.com.au
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

gnat wrote:Everytime I go to get that it's out Direktor but yeh it's been on our radar for a while
Worth a watch Gnat, I think most people from this forum would dig it.
dust

Post by dust »

I watched CB4 again last night. I own it on DVD now.

God i love that film!!

gnat

Post by gnat »

Direktor wrote:
gnat wrote:Everytime I go to get that it's out Direktor but yeh it's been on our radar for a while
Worth a watch Gnat, I think most people from this forum would dig it.
Heh, that saying- it's all gone Pete Tong is a fave of one of my good friends. Made me smile when I saw it on the shelf

Usually it all goes 'Pete Tong' when there's 'Jack and Jills' involved. I can barely keep up with him

Will defo get it- mebbe post Roni couch action :tard:
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Stray

Post by Stray »

dust wrote:I watched CB4 again last night. I own it on DVD now.

God i love that film!!

Werd! I own that on video.

I also have to get a copy of Fear of a black hat. Classic. :D
lynt

Post by lynt »

I saw Joe had CB4, so excited it's on DVD!

Watched The Five Obstructions last night, Jorgen Leth is my new hero.

We also watched You and Me and Everyone We Know which was sensationally twisted.

Both get 4 out of 5 shiraz's.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

Direktor wrote:Checked "It's All Gone Pete Tong" in a post-mushroom haze on Sunday - very good flick.

Based on a true story (well, loosely) of a DJ in Ibiza who loses his earing - and then overcomes all this and learn to mix via vibrations and visual cues, very interesting and pretty funny.

Anyone else seen it?

:lol: im so gonna watch it tonight!
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

gb wrote:Watched "You and Me and Everyone We Know" last weekend. Has anyone else seen this? It was pretty bloody funny, but some really weird black comedy elements as well...

awesome film!
lynt

Post by lynt »

))<>((
gb

Post by gb »

lynt wrote:))<>((
:lol:

classic.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Forever and ever!

:lol:
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

wached this on saturday.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

its got David Belle in it. the Parkour dude. crazy jumping round the joint styles. story has gone little going for it. but... crazy jumping around the joint styles.
www.dubstep.com.au
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

so good :D
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

Everyone should see this :shock:
lynt

Post by lynt »

Like I said, Jorgen Leth is my new hero... what a legend!
dust

Post by dust »

Lars Von Triers can be a bit hit and miss though.

Obviously this time he's a hit.

I'll give it a go. :D
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

lynt wrote:Like I said, Jorgen Leth is my new hero... what a legend!
))<>((

^ my new hero :wink:
lynt

Post by lynt »

heheh
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Where is it on?
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

DBoy wrote:Where is it on?
DVD. 2003 release :D
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Why thank you Miss Queen. I think i may look into that tonight, considering the load of rubbish placed on the box on Mondays at the moment.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

DBoy wrote:Why thank you Miss Queen. I think i may look into that tonight, considering the load of rubbish placed on the box on Mondays at the moment.
Pleasure :D

Bro Town is on SBS @ 8.30 :wink: