Summadayze 2009

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
quiet roar

Re: Summadayze 2009

Post by quiet roar »

mrj wrote:I don't care if they have Jesus doing a versus set with the Pope, theres no fucking way I'm going.
Spot on J-man!

I honestly can't think of any act that would get me to Summerdayze.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well
drew

Post by drew »

Yesterday i braved the summadayze crowd yesterday to see Underworld. Rocked up 3 hours before they were to start thinking in theory that i could get a good position. There would of been a line that took about a hour to get in on the d-floor section but i thought fuck it, the booth was positioned between the d-floor and the grassy nole. So i get a position at the front of the grassy nole which i could of as easily had of gotten if i rocked up 10 minutes before they were to start.

As expected the crowd were lame. To many tops or/ shaved legs/ fluro wearing wankers... :tard:
I think what epidermises this was at the end of underworlds set, a 18yo or so chick said that Moaner sounds like a remix of a Preset song. :banghead:

But moving on, Underworld was amazing. Full of energy as would be expected, some of the visuals (by tomato : http://www.tomato.co.uk) were sweet, especially to pearls girls. They poured out these huge beach balls out into the crowd, which was sweet. They had those inflatable columns they do sound to light with that just look insane (Look like this: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=f1JF1W_i0-I)! Quite surprised they didn't play much of oblivion for bells. But they still put together a cracking play list. This is what i managed to to figure out.

Lenny Penny
Pearls Girls
Rez :smt055
Cowgirl
King of Snake
Beautiful Burnout (tease)
Spoonman :smt055
Two Months Off
Rowla
Long Dark, Long Train
Born Slippy
Moaner

In short, Underworld are awesome and still my fav music group, but Summadayze is just not a place to be holding a act Underworld. All the crowd want there is some fist pumping dj putting out 8 hours of house and/or trance.
eN

Post by eN »

Yeah one of my mates went to see underworld on Bondi beach, he was asking me why I wasn't going. I told him if he knew the crowd that goes to Summadaze then he would know why. To cement this even further I saw some news reporter broadcasting from summadaze and all the people behind him were complete muzzas. It was hilarious
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

I took my dog for a walk through the park at about 12.30pm to have a look at the munters and stood at the main gate for about 10 mins just watching everything happening and saw atleast 7 muzza's get done by the sniffer dogs.

One dude even got cuffed right out front and then thought it was a good idea to spit in the arresting officers face, needless to say said muzza got taken down harder than I have seen anyone get taken down, pretty sure if you have a look at the road where the main entrance was you will find part of his cheek embedded in the ground ha ha ha

Hilarious watching these people get taken away, what a way to start 09 with some drug charges :lol:
nic

Post by nic »

muzzas
:?
how many muzzas od'd this year?
Shifty-Sly

Post by Shifty-Sly »

nic wrote:how many muzzas od'd this year?
Not enough ha ha ha