iTunes question

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Scotrod

iTunes question

Post by Scotrod »

Hi all, I have a couple of questions about itunes.
I've pretty much gone all digital now and a few of the tunes I'm tracking down are either released on vinyl overseas in very limited runs or available on itunes.
They're not on any of the 320 k download sites. (beatport, track it down etc..)
What's the deal with itunes? Can you pay for the song and then burn to CD to play out? and if so is there any way of getting them at 320k as anything less is just shit house for big systems.
I'm hoping one of you guys can help as the notion of some kid listening to songs I can't play out on their ipod on the way to one of my gigs shits me!!! :lol:
(If all vinyl purists could refrain from any "play records you poof" style remarks it would be greatly appreciated.:wink:)
Thanks.
Direkt

Re: iTunes question

Post by Direkt »

Scotrod wrote: (If all vinyl purists could refrain from any "play records you poof" style remarks it would be greatly appreciated.:wink:)
Damnit!
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

your question should be answered in the itunes faq. ;)

(normally the bitrate versions offered aren't around 320, though.)
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Snowie

Re: iTunes question

Post by Snowie »

Direktor wrote:
Scotrod wrote: (If all vinyl purists could refrain from any "play records you poof" style remarks it would be greatly appreciated.:wink:)
Damnit!
Double damm :lol: :lol: :lol:
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Scotrod

Post by Scotrod »

I knew you guys would have a crack....:)
Thanks for the link System, itunes can suck my balls.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Mate, with all this talk of sucking balls - of course I'm going to crack one. :shock:

Would have helped if I could Moot Man, but I know SFA about iTunes.
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

play records you poof... hahaha
Burn it to CD from itunes then rip it back to your computer... Then you should be able to bypass rights management...
db

Post by db »

Ring Apple and ask, just don't give your name :wink:
Prob won't be ok to play them out and make money from the tunes you've dl'd thou... Price would be a lot dearer if so.

Just do it anyway... I would. Fuck em, you've already paid. :wink:

As for the impossible polishing of a turd... If you didn't record or dl at 320, you can't do much...
There are some dynamic range widening programs out there, but back to the old saying "You can't polish a turd".

Oh yeah, can't believe i almost forgot... PLAY RECORDS YOU POOF!!!! :!:
They're a lot more F,F,F,F,FRE,FRE,FRESH.
Pimpin' since pimpin' was pimpin'

DOPEBEAT'S MYSPACE
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

records are a thing of the past.... get with the times. The possibilities are endless with digital...

I enjoy much more a digital set ie Laptop/midi controller/cdj's than a vinyl set, unless its a hip hop scratchin set of course...

Digitals fine and anyone who is against it I think is just to afraid of getting shitbagged or is just all about the image. Vinyl sounds great dont get me wrong, I still love playin some vinyl from time to time but I find the creativity in Ableton Live playing so much more fun...

I know its been said over and over but thats all I have to say.. Sorry if ive upset any purists, which Im sure I have....

But get over it and accept the technology, Theres nothing more satisfying for me seeing and event like Rainbow where There is only one stage that has a set of Vinyl turntables. The main stage doesnt even use them. They embrace the technology like no other those psy cnts!!!
db

Post by db »

A Vinyl Purist wrote:It's a lot easier to "cheat" and sound good, when you're not, using a digital set-up. :wink:

Vinyl sets the men apart from the boys imo. 8)

And it sounds better. (Mind you DAC technology these days is pretty good, it's almost there) :wink:

But end of the day if everyone starts playing mp3s, what is going to happen to records? The only reason they are still around is because of dj's.

Support the music industry and vinyl, BUY A RECORD :D
Last edited by db on Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pimpin' since pimpin' was pimpin'

DOPEBEAT'S MYSPACE
saintberry

Post by saintberry »

aerobiotic wrote: But get over it and accept the technology, Theres nothing more satisfying for me seeing and event like Rainbow where There is only one stage that has a set of Vinyl turntables. The main stage doesnt even use them. They embrace the technology like no other those psy cnts!!!
It's because of the dirt...
First you get her name. Then you get her number. Then you get some get some in the back seat of a hummer!