Collectors Set - weekly at Recorded Music Salon

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
FoundationStepper

Collectors Set - weekly at Recorded Music Salon

Post by FoundationStepper »

collectors' set wrote:Collectors' Set presents a weekly variety showcase evening at The Recorded Music Salon, rounding up an eclectic selection of local musicians and DJs accompanied by a great cocktail list.

Some performers may choose to experiment with their line up and instrumentation to fit the environment and DJs will enjoy the rare opportunity to dig deep into their collections and deliver sets that transcend the pressures of the dance-floor.

Collectors' Set aims to create intimately unique listening experiences involving the guitar slinging, keyboard clinking, vinyl spinning music merchants of Melbourne town.

Each week's showcasers will be backed up by resident DJ's and co-curators of the night Jason Heller and Lucreccia Quintanilla

ENTRY IS FREE.
Oscar Yañez and James Condon - DJ sets - Saturday 29th March
Lost Animal and Free Choice - Live - Saturday 5th April

Foundation Stepper and Attack and Release - DJ sets - Saturday 12th April

Ai Yamomoto and Anomyneye - Live - Saturday 19th April

Jim Knox and Down Pat - DJ sets - Saturday 26th April

Coming up...
Kes, Guy Blackman, The Emergency, Sven Simulacrum, Night Nurse, Snawklor
I'm really looking forward to this one - for people who have enjoyed my off beat sets - expect more of the same, and other diversions into stuttered nodding music, dub and jungle atmospherics, with electronic smudges and scapes to keep me interested...

As can be seen from the line up - a whole swag of great local music makers and djs - the organisers clearly have impeccable taste

Recorded Music Salon is at 11 Collins St - opened a few months ago and got the late license quite recently

http://www.recordedmusicsalon.com.au/

Looks like a yummy place, and a nice bar for a jaunt: a review on the venue, and another
Opening the modest aluminium door with it’s stylised logo that looks like it’s existed since the 70s, reveals a set of stairs that leads to the Recorded Music Salon Café. Immediate point of differentiation. It doesn’t carry the swagger of corporate and fashionista wank that is the top end of Collins St. Quite the opposite, it’s a haven of relaxed sophistication. Sunlight bounces off shiny off the naturally finished furnishings, varying lighting features separate the bar and dining areas, vinyl cushioned stools and chairs, it’s a casual oasis away from work.
Last edited by FoundationStepper on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

Nuts...See ya there, break me out of my mundane existance :wink:
FoundationStepper

yeah i hope to pop to this weeks one too if im lucky. $10 cocktails FTW
FoundationStepper

seas and heggs, would hope to see you at this, there will be sonic treats for you
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

Looks pretty interesting, great concept and further proof that Offbeat was really onto something with the freedom offered in regards to track selection.
FoundationStepper

black star wrote:Looks pretty interesting, great concept and further proof that Offbeat was really onto something with the freedom offered in regards to track selection.
absolutely!
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

And if people actually show up to Off Beat, even better. :teef:

Nonetheless you're very kind, gentlemen. I can't really pike now, can I?

By the way, I do have something on earlier that evening. What time are you playing, Elliot?
FoundationStepper

from 11-1
FoundationStepper

nope check that - 12-2am
FoundationStepper

looking forward - pulling out a dunch of new and unrelaeased post jungle beatscapes, great glitchy digital dub and other dirty beats. next onto some soundscape material

love playing an open set like this...
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

FoundationStepper wrote:new and unreleased post jungle beatscapes, great glitchy digital dub and other dirty beats. next onto some soundscape material...

Sounds like a recipe for ear salivation, I'm down 8)
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

shit damn i wanted to be a hermit tonight but this sounds dope
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

FoundationStepper wrote:nope check that - 12-2am
Sweet! See you there.
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

I'm hitting this tonight, Ai Yamamoto is a myspace friend. Then Wobble.