Gripe thread

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

^ is that when you get a plate inserted in your head Kronz?
mrj

Post by mrj »

ulcers. again.

bit the inside of my mouth on Friday night getting over amourous with a beef stew. hurt like buggery. took a few days but now the whole thing is ulcered up.

over it.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

mrj wrote:ulcers. again.

bit the inside of my mouth on Friday night getting over amourous with a beef stew. hurt like buggery. took a few days but now the whole thing is ulcered up.

over it.
You;re gonna hate this, but I'd peel some garlic, chop it in half and sit it on the ulcer for a few minutes every hour or so. Will sting like fuck but will kill all those fabulous mouth germs that make healing take so long. Must have been a killer stew :wink:
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Feigan wrote:^ is that when you get a plate inserted in your head Kronz?
yes the metal plate was fucking with my mental state
GO CATS! GO CATS!
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

^ he he he
gnat

Post by gnat »

jayzus mrj- is your jaw aligned right? you're a perpetual mouth ulcer!
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mrj

Post by mrj »

gnat wrote:jayzus mrj- is your jaw aligned right? you're a perpetual mouth ulcer!
i was actually thinking this just yesterday, that maybe my mouth is set up all funny and thats why I constantly bite myself (no jokes plees) and end up getting ulcers.

I did have a dentist say a few years back that the wear patterns on the teeth on one side of my mouth were way weird (opposite side of the tooth to normal) but I had put this down to excessive wear due to....um...extra-curriculur activities.

he did try to get me to get a plate to wear at night. i told him to fuck off.

my gripe today - rolled over last night and POP, there goes a muscle in my back. waking up every time I moved last night = no sleep. walking like a robot today. talking in bursts because the musle spasm is interfering with my breathing.

not having much luck this week :?
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

dude!

That's rough.....

I think I had some form of mis alignment scenario about 5 years back, it had an acronym name like TJH or something, I too put this down to extra curricular activities and never thought anything of it

don't get excessive ulcers though but I do grind my teeth in my sleep sometimes
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote: walking like a robot today. talking in bursts because the musle spasm is interfering with my breathing.
:lol: :lol: excellent visual. you could take sonic manipulator
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

GOTD: people who perpetually drink/drug themselves into oblivion and then have the nerve to bitch and moan about it all week.

Not talking about peeps on here, but people I deal with at work who are dragging the vibe down.

If you can't stand the heat...
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

witty_pseudonym wrote:
deviant wrote:
witty_pseudonym wrote::?

helpful.

not everyone can justify/afford $350 for headphones dan.
I'm not saying they can or should.... just pointing out the you are wrong if you thought they were the best.

there ARE some good cheaper brands around better than [cheap] senny's imo
please recommend.

i need something fairly small and compact, < $100, quality sound and preferably able to buy in shops.

looked at chemical records a bit, and have been so tempted so many times. just can't justify even $250. i don't produce or anything, so just for PT missions, it doesn't seem worth it. the minute i have the funds however, i will probably be swayed.
i use a pair of blueant x5 headphones from home to work, at work and back again. they'll set you back ~$90, but they only have bluetooth as a connector.

i don't take the headphones i use for mixing away from home, personally.
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Dunno what these Blueant's are like, but generally you get what you pay for Ms. Witty.

Pricey headphones usually sound the best - and last.

But if cost if your main factor, you may have to sacrifice a little audio quality.

I'd rate the Technics 1210's for listening and DJ'ing, Sennheiser HD25's for production/DJ'ing.

But both these models will be around $250 unfortunately.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Why do you rate the Technics above the Senns for listneing.

I can't wear technics for mroe than an hour or so, they hurt my head and fatigue my ears.

Pefect for DJing though.
Don't hate me for house
mecka

Post by mecka »

I reckon the Senny HD-25s are the best portable headphones I've ever had - they simply do not die. Ive had mine going on 2 years now and whilst the padding is starting to wear a little bit... yeah they're great.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

jbs wrote:Why do you rate the Technics above the Senns for listneing.

I can't wear technics for mroe than an hour or so, they hurt my head and fatigue my ears.

Pefect for DJing though.
I like the extra bass in the 1210's. Not the 1200's.

I used to have a pair many moons ago (before some cunt at the Laundry stole them... free gig and all!)...

1210's also cup the ears better.

But I have pretty small ears :lol: Horses for intercourses perhaps!?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

mecka wrote:I reckon the Senny HD-25s are the best portable headphones I've ever had - they simply do not die. Ive had mine going on 2 years now and whilst the padding is starting to wear a little bit... yeah they're great.
All interchangable parts too (pads included).

But the parts ain't exactly cheap unfortunately. :cry:
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Direktor wrote:
mecka wrote:I reckon the Senny HD-25s are the best portable headphones I've ever had - they simply do not die. Ive had mine going on 2 years now and whilst the padding is starting to wear a little bit... yeah they're great.

usually cheaper than a new set of headphones though....
mrj

Post by mrj »

w3rd. i would never hear a bad word against my hd25's. theyre fucking sick.

altho they don't plug into iphone, but thats the phones fault, not theirs.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

mrj wrote:

what sort of jack does the i phone have mrj?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Feigan wrote:
Direktor wrote:

usually cheaper than a new set of headphones though....
A new set of HD25's yes. $50 for a thin wire is pretty fucking rich though.

And I think that the wire I'm after is more like $60-70 RRP.
mrj

Post by mrj »

Feigan wrote:
mrj wrote:

a normal one, but its recessed, so it will only take headphones with jacks that are a certain width (same as apple headphones) and that are straight up and down. If the jack shoots the cable out to the side - such as with HD25 - then its a non starter).

obviously designed to preclude people from using anything but the apple headphones. annoying because as we know they prob wont last very long.

apparently you can buy an adapter so it will take other headphones, but I don't have that, and fairly certain I would have to get it OS, at least until July.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Direktor wrote:

Pefect for DJing though.

I used to have a pair many moons ago (before some cunt at the Laundry stole them... free gig and all!)...
Do they really have extra bass? all the specs I've seen (when I was buying mine) were exactly identical apart from the cord?
Don't hate me for house
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

spiesy - yeah, that's not that cheap for a bit of wire....

and Mrj - what a bugger! smart on apple's part, but an annoying feature for the consumer none the less.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

Feigan wrote:spiesy - yeah, that's not that cheap for a bit of wire....

and Mrj - what a bugger! smart on apple's part, but an annoying feature for the consumer none the less.
New iPhone doesn't have it.

Even smarter on Apple's part!
Don't hate me for house
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

jbs wrote:
Direktor wrote:

Pefect for DJing though.

Do they really have extra bass? all the specs I've seen (when I was buying mine) were exactly identical apart from the cord?
Pretty sure mate.

That's why I paid the extra $50 for them at the time.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

what's the connection on the new iphone James? is it bluetooth?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Hmmm... can't find any data to support the extra bass in the 1210's.

Maybe DMC stitched me up at the time :wink:
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

Feigan wrote:what's the connection on the new iphone James? is it bluetooth?
it has a 3.5mm jack, but it's not recessed anymore so you can use any headphones ;)
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

i might treat myself when i get a new job.
will have to make do with the manky sony pieces of shit i found for now i think. god i hate you mb people making me want expensive things. :lol:
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

mrj wrote:
Feigan wrote:
mrj wrote: w3rd. i would never hear a bad word against my hd25's. theyre fucking sick.

a normal one, but its recessed, so it will only take headphones with jacks that are a certain width (same as apple headphones) and that are straight up and down. If the jack shoots the cable out to the side - such as with HD25 - then its a non starter).

obviously designed to preclude people from using anything but the apple headphones. annoying because as we know they prob wont last very long.

apparently you can buy an adapter so it will take other headphones, but I don't have that, and fairly certain I would have to get it OS, at least until July.
You can also get HD25s with the straight jack rather than the right-angled jack.

Have just bought my second pair. A few of us in the office ordered some from the UK. $248.00 all up (inc. p/h).

Very impressed with first pair. Treated them like shit, rode with them in blizzards, -20 degree days (killed battery life of ipod but headphones worked fine), crash-landing 40-foot jumps, sitting on deckchair in shallows of ocean in SA on 40 degree day for weeks over Xmas, banging around in bag. Still work aces (admittedly my neglect has killed the foam and loosened the holder on one of the cans).
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

C.I.A. wrote:Very impressed with first pair. Treated them like shit, rode with them in blizzards, -20 degree days (killed battery life of ipod but headphones worked fine), crash-landing 40-foot jumps, sitting on deckchair in shallows of ocean in SA on 40 degree day for weeks over Xmas, banging around in bag. Still work aces (admittedly my neglect has killed the foam and loosened the holder on one of the cans).
your ipod works finein -20C? nice! my phone usually starts dying if i take it out to have a conversation below -25C or so. though that was my old one and this one gets far hotter (yay), so maybe it's good to -35C or something.
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

C.I.A. wrote:
mrj wrote:
Feigan wrote: what sort of jack does the i phone have mrj?

You can also get HD25s with the straight jack rather than the right-angled jack.

Have just bought my second pair. A few of us in the office ordered some from the UK. $248.00 all up (inc. p/h).

Very impressed with first pair. Treated them like shit, rode with them in blizzards, -20 degree days (killed battery life of ipod but headphones worked fine), crash-landing 40-foot jumps, sitting on deckchair in shallows of ocean in SA on 40 degree day for weeks over Xmas, banging around in bag. Still work aces (admittedly my neglect has killed the foam and loosened the holder on one of the cans).
my hd25s are a bit fucked had for bout 2 years, think the connecters are a bit stuffed on them
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

can't buy finnish train tickets online between 10:30pm and 6am.

IT'S THE INTERNET, YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLOSE AT NIGHT.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
gnat

Post by gnat »

GO TO BED!
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

fooishbar wrote:
C.I.A. wrote:Very impressed with first pair. Treated them like shit, rode with them in blizzards, -20 degree days (killed battery life of ipod but headphones worked fine), crash-landing 40-foot jumps, sitting on deckchair in shallows of ocean in SA on 40 degree day for weeks over Xmas, banging around in bag. Still work aces (admittedly my neglect has killed the foam and loosened the holder on one of the cans).
your ipod works finein -20C? nice! my phone usually starts dying if i take it out to have a conversation below -25C or so. though that was my old one and this one gets far hotter (yay), so maybe it's good to -35C or something.
Nah, battery started to shit itself at -20. Had to tuck it in my bra to keep it warm enough. Only a few seconds (.... the length of time it takes to shuffle to a new playlist....)out of its home and it would die again.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Fents

Post by Fents »

thats one very lucky ipod you own.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

gnat wrote:GO TO BED!
MY TAXI TO THE TRAIN STATION LEAVES IN LIKE ELEVEN MINUTES

BED WOULDN'T BE AWESOME, I'D NEVER GET UP

THANKS THOUGH
gnat

Post by gnat »

fooishbar wrote:

THANKS THOUGH
bed wouldn't be awesome? :lol:

you're a walking experiment in lack of slumber foo

dunno how you do it- you'd make a mad icehead
Fents

Post by Fents »

gnat wrote: you'd make a mad icehead
whats this make business.? :lol:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

gnat wrote:
fooishbar wrote:

THANKS THOUGH
bed wouldn't be awesome? :lol:

you're a walking experiment in lack of slumber foo

dunno how you do it- you'd make a mad icehead
haha
man i'm taking all of july off and going nowhere pretty much just to sleep
bed would be deep right now but i'm pretty happy i got on the train tbh
shame it's too uncomfortable to sleep
oh well, only 4h left

but tbh huhu gnat calling me a walking experiment in lack of slumber tho :teef:

honestly i am absolutely rinsed
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Fents wrote:
gnat wrote: you'd make a mad icehead
whats this make business.? :lol:
not even :P
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Fents wrote:thats one very lucky ipod you own.
:oops:
quick

Post by quick »

dan is running around the house naked... and i'm scared
Last edited by quick on Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
huge
old boy

Post by huge »

rofl
http://www.thelittlemule.com - tredleys and caffeine
http://www.dubstep.com.au - aussie dubstep forums
Stray

Post by Stray »

quick wrote:dan is running around the house naked... and i'm scared
Again!?
Blaxter

Post by Blaxter »

makes a change from running away from naked Hardy
quick

Post by quick »

Blaxter wrote:
makes a change from running away from naked Hardy
yep, that was playfull, this is just wrong
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

fuckin LOL!!!!!
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

tee heeeeeeeeeeeee

tell him to face the window and wave to my site manager across the road!

:teef:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Charlie73 wrote:
tee heeeeeeeeeeeee

tell him to face the window and wave to my site manager across the road!
Which appendage would you like him to wave with?

*EDIT* Pics or STFU