Home stereo systems...

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
deviant

Home stereo systems...

Post by deviant »

Hi there,

any good recommendations for lounge stereo systems?? I know we all talk about studio monitors this and studio monitors that, but I'm wanting a new listening system for movies, TV and mixes etc...... something that will do all three well without breaking the bank would be ideal.

:D
FoundationStepper

Re: Home stereo systems...

Post by FoundationStepper »

dan i can talk this topic for yonks, used to be my previous job

knowing exactly what you want to achieve and budget range first would help - i.e. just stereo, 5.1? what do you have already? dvd? cd player? will you use computer for audio source? etc
*catalyst

Post by *catalyst »

Does the size of the room make much difference in these setups? I think I'll need a new receiver / speakers soon. I'm all about 2 channel though.
"Anybody want some motherfucking Earl Grey?" -Cleveland
deviant

Post by deviant »

we have digital TV and use computer/PS3 for rest of audio (although we'll probably be changing to an Xbox360 though soon)... not really that interested in 5.1 tbh... dunno why just never liked it really
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

size room? budget? size/aesthetic preferences for electronics or speakers?
deviant

Post by deviant »

large-ish room approx 25sqr mtrs... carpeted. really high ceiling that slopes from about 9 ft-16 ft at the other end. one wall is glass windows floor to ceiling.
deviant

Post by deviant »

budget... probably between $500 and $1000.. I also want to be able to use it in other spaces when i move house. asthetically I'm not fussed, as long as they are simple.. as in not like those horrible late 90's early 2000's silver things...
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

If you don't mind putting them together yourself, you'll get a bargain here that sounds fantastic:

http://www.theloudspeakerkit.com/

I'm looking at getting a pair of floorstanding speakers to sit either side of my LCD TV... no sub needed. And 5.1 is for pussies anyway.

If you want something smaller + cheaper, consider a THX approved 2.1 speaker system from Altec Lansing:

unsoundbwoy

Post by unsoundbwoy »

jamo 670s $500
get a 200w a side amp
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/JAMO-E670-Floor- ... 286.c0.m14