Australian O.D.F. soldier... G.I. Joe doll?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Andrez

Australian O.D.F. soldier... G.I. Joe doll?

Post by Andrez »

Not so long ago I went to a chain store here in Tokyo called Mandarake (http://www.mandarake.co.jp), who specialize not only in the manga and anime market but also second-hand and old school, priceless, and sometimes obscure paraphernalia, not just from Japan, but from around the rest of the world.

And while I was there I ended up with a buy from their bargain shelves that stumped me at the time, and still does: An Australian O.D.F. soldier I had no idea about that was released in the 1996 Joe Classic Collection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._I._Joe_ ... Collection). It was reduced from ¥6,900 to just ¥600, with a big layer of dust.

As Jessie, the Yodeling Cowgirl is wont to say, he was mint in the box, never been opened; if Australian militia types really did dress like this furrowed-brow chappie, our country would be an international uniform designers' laughing stock.

The spiel on the box of this fellow Aussie is likewise hilarious.

"Founded in 1982 after the invasion of the Falkland Islands," it claims, "the Australian Operational Deployment Force (O.D.F.) is highly skilled in quick reactions, often deploying to a location ready for action without any prior notice, regional force surveillance units to understand any situations they face. Wearing the traditional uniform of plain khakis, slouch hat and boots, and armed with an FN FAL 7.62, a Russack, personal equipment belt, pouches and a canteen and holder, the G.I. Joe Australian O.D.F. is ready for action."

I'm fairly certain most of you haven't heard about these elusive individuals nor their debonair exploits either, though there's actually some guff about the real-life Operational Deployment Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Battal ... n_Regiment)... Far less convoluted in their intention and founded two years before the Falklands.

Superbly weird.

brushteeth
saggynipple
Location: blau!! bam ba dow (zzzp) bam bda bam bam bam ba dow (zzzp)

Re: Australian O.D.F. soldier... G.I. Joe doll?

Post by saggynipple »

someone stole the corks from his hat?? :tard:

(and why does "View more smilies" actually show less!)
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

saggynipple wrote:someone stole the corks from his hat?? :tard:
That'd be my daughter... ;)
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

...oh geez.
Expert Knob Twiddler

Post by Expert Knob Twiddler »

:smt005
FullGain

Post by FullGain »

sad toy.
I'll be back.