For Sale DBX 386 Stereo Tube Mic Preamp DA Converter $700

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Johnny Hooves

For Sale DBX 386 Stereo Tube Mic Preamp DA Converter $700

Post by Johnny Hooves »

http://www.dbxpro.com/386/index.php

Im selling my DBX 386 mic pre as I no longer have use for it. Its a nice peice of kit, the whole tube thing definitley has some of that elusive 'Tone Glue' about it. It delivers a nice round midrange, and solid top end without seeming harsh or glassy. I really like the AD converter in it, infact Ive been clocking my Motu 828mkII from it with good results. The preamp can be driven hard to add crunch to drums and synths. Because the 386 is a hybrid Tube / Solidstate design, the top end doesnt fall apart when you driveit. The digital output means that one could use it to expand the input capability on any audio interface with SPDIF or AES EBU inputs. The main reason im selling it is that Ive just taken delivery of a MOTU 24IO with the analogue IO and clock upgraded by Black Lion Audio rendering the DBX superfluous to requirements.

It would be a perfect preamp for anyone who wants to:

Generally improve the quality of their recordings from the built in mic pres on their audio interface
Have a truly multi purpose pre that can be run cold or hot for very clean or dirty sounds
Have a Hybrid preamp with useful characteristics of a modern solid state and traditional tube preamp

The unit is in very good condition. It comes with original packaging which is a bit tatty as it has transported the unit when it has not been racked.

Im after $700 for it. Please feel free to call me on 0415 607 318 or PM me if anyone is interested.
flippo

Re: For Sale DBX 386 Stereo Tube Mic Preamp DA Converter $700

Post by flippo »

I am actually 2 analogue inputs short of accommodating my full rack, and I do have 2 spare spidifs sitting there with nothing plugged into them.... hhhhrrrrmmmmm...
flippo

Re: For Sale DBX 386 Stereo Tube Mic Preamp DA Converter $700

Post by flippo »

scrap that actually, I just bought an APC40 :lol: