The Soundclash Thread

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
aroes

The Soundclash Thread

Post by aroes »

The place to talk about all tings soundclash, let's leave all this negative shit alone and keep it strictly about the MUSIC

who wants to see heartical vs hijack?
who here's ever witnessed a proper clash?
sgt pokes or grant bowler?
fooishbar

Re: The Soundclash Thread

Post by fooishbar »

iration steppas vs. world sound & power almost shook my eyes out of my skull. amazing.

also, pokes >>>>>>>>>>>>>

BREDREN!! YOU COME TO READ A NEWSPAPERPAPERpaperpaperpaper
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

BREDREN YOU COME TO PLAY JUNGLE, SOUNDS MORE LIKE BUNGLE
deviant

Post by deviant »

Hearticle HiFi Vs Hobo HiFi

deviant

Post by deviant »

Rodigan is a farken legend...

someone should bring him out here and totally organise this.... would be sweeet
enigneyratorelknaw

Post by enigneyratorelknaw »

FRAKSHA... wrote:Its all about Mighty Crown! I would die happy if i saw them live!
Yeah love em, you should check their clash with supersonic from this year, didn't win but its such an entertaining clash

http://www.mediafire.com/?ntd1yygzztr

Not sure about heartical in a clash though, we will see

ps Rodigan, Addies Woot!!
Amick

Post by Amick »

SOUNDCLASH IN MELBOURNE SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

MAKE IT A MELBOURNE VS. SYDNEY TING incl. crews etc.
aroes

Post by aroes »

I'm super keen to see this happen

By "soundclash" we mean both systems in the one place going tune for tune right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but for it to be worthwile either side would need quite alot of its own music (dubs, specials, vips etc)

Would be quite a sizable undertaking

People's thoughts?
Dub Club Melbourne

Post by Dub Club Melbourne »

Dream on.

Heartical V Hijack? No disrespect but I've never heard of them. I did a google search and couldn't find it, so I assume its some kind of commercial PA that a Sydney DnB crew hire for their parties. A completely different concept to what Heartical HiFi is all about. I can't see how a clash with them would work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The whole 'soundsystem' thing in Australia is pretty non existent as compared to other countries. I believe Heartical HiFi Outernational is the only sound in Victoria that supports the traditional concept of reggae / dub soundsystem culture. Others around oz are Earthshaker in Adelaide and Champion in Brisbane. These are all custom built and operated by their owners, so a very unique thing this.

Please be aware that Heartical HiFi was not built for Wobble and DnB etc or to be a better or louder system than anything else out there. It was built so Melbourne would have its own authentic 'reggae sound' for the first time ever. Nuff boy shout out Heartical name that haven't been to any of our sessions so they miss the concept of what Heartical HiFi is all about. When Heartical play its no 'head down' DJ thing this, they present the music in a different way. Soundsystem style not fashionable music disco DJ's. If you haven't been to our sessions come down and you will see :)

So for now I don't see any sound around town who can play with Heartical on these terms. I wish there was.
aroes

Post by aroes »

fair enough

by the way people were talking about hijack, i figured it must have been a sound in the same vein as heartical.......tbh i'd never heard of it either

roll on july 3rd
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Irration Steppas vs King Earthquake was definitely an experience!
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

victim wrote:
Cubist wrote:Heartical Hi Fi Soundsystem supplies the Sound at Wobble. And we move more air than any other DnB/Dubstep event around the country. [/i]
The above is not true. Whilst Heartical Hi Fi Soundsystem is big it aint no Hijack or DSS rig which is the standard at any gig in Sydney. Im confident both these rigs have it over Heartical
??? Do we know if this guy has a clue?
Dub Club Melbourne

Post by Dub Club Melbourne »

Large up Aroes, nice to see some interest in this round here.

Yes Cubist, Iration one of my favourites. last time I saw them was a three way clash with Aba Shanti and Jah Tubbys. three of the greatest dub sounds from Inglan.