Little Nobody 12" feat. Bas Mooy + Dave Tarrida - out now

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Andrez

Little Nobody 12" feat. Bas Mooy + Dave Tarrida - out now

Post by Andrez »

OUT TODAY ON 12" VINYL

LITTLE NOBODY
GET AWAY FROM IT ALL
IF121

feat. BAS MOOY + DAVE TARRIDA

For IF? Records’ 121st release (and 5th vinyl offering this year), we selected to reinvent a track from LITTLE NOBODY’s back catalogue that was previously released in 2008 along with a sensational remix by JUSTIN ROBERTSON (Lionrock).

Back then the sound was more glitch/cut-up/dub-electro, and our mission here was to update ‘Get Away From It All’ 2010-style and slab the beast right in the harder, dirtier, bassier tech realm it deserves to dwell within. Thus we got on board BAS MOOY and DAVE TARRIDA to do the two scintillatingly different takes here, which we think are downright superb.

Bas Mooy has been prolific of late as an in-demand DJ and has released his music through Audio Assault, Planet Rhythm, Impact Mechanics, Naked Lunch and Elektrax. Dave Tarrida started up the brilliant Sativae label in the early 1990s and has released some fantastic sounds through Tresor, Mosquito, Missile, Musick, IF?, Predicaments, BPitch Control and Elektrax.

A1 Get Away From It All (remix Bas Mooy )
B1 Get Away From It All (remix Dave Tarrida )
B2 Troll (Hardboiled & Dirty Mix)

WAX + SAMPLE SOUNDS HERE: http://www.triplevision.nl/release/IF121/

FEEDBACK FROM OTHER DJ/PRODUCERS:

"Thanks bro, will be rocking this!"
Trevor Rockcliffe (Bush/Intec, UK)

"Probably gonna do real good for ya. Mixed as in quality very well."
Orlando Voorn (R&S/International DJ Gigolo, USA)

"Massive tracks… full support from me. The Bas Mooy mix is HUGE... love it!!!"
Andrew Till (Psy-Harmonics/Machine, Australia)

"Raw and sinful techno power from the IF? crew, 100% support on all mixes! The artwork is absolutely mind-blowing."
DJ Hi-Shock (Elektrax/Gynoid Audio, Australia)

“The tracks are cool, man.”
Lenny Burden/Burden Brothers/Octave One (Transmat/430 West, USA)

"Oh wow, that Bas Mooy mix is insane, I am going to drop this Friday night and give you the crowd feedback. 4:00 am head caving techno! ‘Troll’ also sounds awesome, love the industrial/glitch aspects to it. Sick tune, very into it."
Kultrun (Elektrax/BeatGeek/IF?, Australia)

Nice work on ‘Troll’! You have a distinctive style – keep it up!”
Ken Ishii (Sony/Sublime, Japan)

“Love your tracks.”
Alan Oldham/DJ T-1000 (Tresor/Pure Sonik USA)

"The organ riff [in ‘Troll’] is cool – it's a cool track for sure."
Chris McCormack (Blacklisted/Potential, UK)

“Great fat sounds! I like!”
Takashi Watanabe/DJ Warp (Elektrax, Japan)

"Nice deep techno!"
DJ Wada (Co-Fusion/Sublime, Japan)

"Hey man, thanks for sharing – good, good tracks!"
Audio Injection (Droid/CLR, UK)

"Like this a lot."
Angel Alanis (Tresor/Conteminated, USA)

"Ha ha!! Bas Mooy has certainly has nailed that!! Top remix, real big room stuff. Love the percussion & FX movement/panning and the sinister bass! I'll be playing it, that's for sure – and I reckon a lot of the big boys will be too! Also ‘Troll’ is very nice, sinister as hell! Great work man."
Mike Holmes/Dead Agenda (IF?, UK)

"In ’Troll’ there’s a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, cool good groove - you found a past vibe for a modern vision... you got it!! You are on the groove, go deep – good work mate."
Max Durante (Hot Trax/Monotone, Italy)

“It works!”
Tiger Stripes (Slip ‘n’ Slide/Drumcode, Sweden)

"Sounds good - I'll play it next time."
Dasha Rush (Fullpanda/Sonic Groove, France)

"Yeah, that's gonna sound good on a system and in the clubs."
Buds MacLachlan (Blueprint, UK)

"It's a killer track and a stellar mix by Bas. That reverb that kicks things off is sick. He just pulls a massive sound. Nice!!"
Ben Mill (Elektrax/IF?, Australia)

"’Troll’ is really different and unique... honestly, I think you are at least a couple of years ahead in your music vision compared to other producers. Your sounds, like Veronica du Lac and 'Metropolis How?', are only just now beginning to slowly creep in and I noticed others re-producing them... RESPECT!!!"
DJ Hi-Shock (Elektrax/Gynoid Audio, Australia)

"Thank you very much!"
Oliver Bondzio/Hardfloor (Harthouse/Studio !K7, Germany)

"Really cool remix by Bas.... really cool. I LOVE it – it’s right up my dark side alley, will defo play it for sure!"
Craig McWhinney (Haul Music/Nightshade, Australia)

"Fantastic remix by Bas Mooy! Dark and pumping, will play this for sure! Very original layering of sounds in ‘Troll’ too!"
Sebastian Bayne (Cliq Recordings/IF?, Australia)

"Jeebus, this is HUGE! Dirty, nasty, filthy – brilliant! I love it!!!!"
Matt Goddard/Dopamine (Title Fight/Diverted Traffic, Australia)

"Yahoo! So deep and aggressive! I love this reverb... makes a dark atmosphere! Cool one! I absolutely love the Bas Mooy remix – as always, the deep way is for me!! Great atmosphere for this big room techno... slap tune! And… WHAT GREAT ARTWORK!!! I love it!!! "
Claudio Masso (Elektrax, Italy)

“Deep and dark techno in the Bas Mooy mix. Whoa!! Dave Tarrida mix also is powerful. ‘Troll’ mix is demented!!”
Satoshi Matsumoto/ DJ Inkling (TTAK, Japan)

"Love the pops 'n' filth in ‘Troll’ - new finesse."
Isnod (IF?, Australia)

"I'm with Isnod on the pops and grit, and the organ riff in ‘Troll’ adds heaps, as does that meandering bass(y)line. And Bas Mooy? Oh, Jesus, that’s just pure, blissful darkness!! Awesome wax!"
Enclave (Elektrax/IF?, Australia)

"Boo ya! The Bas Mooy remix is massive, man, definitely main hour stuff!! Love ‘Troll’ too."
Koda (Elektrax/IF?, Australia)

"Bas Mooy remix is huge!!!! Can't wait to drop that little number when I get back from Berlin... will let you know how it goes down!"
Pete Coyle (Disconnected Audio, Australia)

"Liking that glitchy sound in the back of ‘Troll’!"
Alkan (Android Muziq/IF?, Australia)

"Thanks! I get lots 'n' lots of promo, yes, but I've chosen this."
Samuel L. Session (Music Man/Soma Recordings, Sweden)

"Hey man - those tunes you sent were freaking ace, mate! Sounding wicked; both Bas and Dave are old mates - couldn't see that combo coming, though. Nice work all the way. Love your new stuff, too. Big ups..."
Cynthia Stern (Input-Output Inc./Slidebar, Sweden)

"Bas’ remix is cool. I'm always a supporter of his music even though I don't play that hard anymore."
Dustin Zahn (Droid Recordings/Drumcode, USA)

"Props for your stuff mate! ‘Troll’ is a wicked tune with some really interesting sounds in it... it's something quite different than most of the overproduced tunes these days...love it!"
Bas Mooy (Audio Assault/Impact Mechanics/Planet Rhythm, Holland)

"Liking the Tarrida mix, and also 'Troll'. The Tarrida mix of 'Get Away From it All' has a tough, solid drive to it that I really like. 'Troll' has some really, really nice sounds. The drum arrangement is a bit messy for me at times though that's just my personal opinion and I know it's meant to be like that. Saying that, it doesn't stop me really enjoying the tune. Good work man."
Dave Shades (Pest Control Records, UK)

“This ’Troll’ is dark and driving with a fantastic dark undercurrent. The organ reminds me of a Doors track or an Animals track from '60s. Frankly this is gonna turn out well."
Ed Pickett (DJ Ed Liner, UK)

"Great that you are getting into the vinyl releases. Nice tracks - especially like the A-Side."
Steve Law/Zen Paradox (Solitary Sound/Elektrax, Australia)

"I am listening to it now.. Bas Mooy mix is lovely and dark! I am enjoying this kind of techno again as long as it stays slower... Lovely. Andrew Till is playing like this nowadays and I am loving it! The Hardboiled Mix [of 'Troll'] is interesting..."
Chris Coe/Digital Primate (Pro-Jex/Communique, Australia)

"Both remixes of get away from it all are awesome, they are right up my alley and 'Troll' is pretty cool too. I also love the artwork, especially side B. Let me know which records stores are stocking it so i can pick up a copy."
Matt Radovich (Melbourne Techno Collective, Australia)

"Nice!!"
BCR Boys (Synewave/Gynoid Audio, UK)

"Sweet, looking forward to this one! Great artwork as well!"
Tal Hurley Levin (Discovery Records, Australia)

"I just had a listen to the release, enjoyed the Bas Mooy remix, cool structure. Good luck with the release, there is promise for sure, I followed both Mooy & Tarrida's work; now more into the groovy side of techno & tech house but always welcome the taste back for the dark & heavy side, cool!"
Ace Stojevsky (Melbourne Techno Collective, Australia)

"You've done really well putting the package together. The Bas Mooy and Dave Tarrida mixes are really good and I'll make sure I play them on my radio show next Saturday night. The third one ['Troll'] is a bit experimental for my taste, but is a nice contrast from the other two. I love the art as well. Anyway, I think you have a winner and I'll have to buy one!"
DJ Kilroy (Rainbow Serpent Festival, Australia/NZ)

"Thanks - like Bas Mooy remix."
Derek Shiel/DJ D-Rek/TR-Storm (Green Ant/Hypnotic Room, Australia)

"Wow, ‘Troll’ is quite out there. Interesting sound for sure - the track sounds like inside the mind of a psychiatric patient/troll... ha ha ha. Cool man!"
V1NZ (Elektrax/Android, USA)

"Nice tracks!”
Hologram Hookers (Elektrax/Houzeslave, UK)

“’Get Away From It All’ is a good track.”
Christian Larsson (Soundz Limited, UK)

“Sounds nice.”
Dave Tarrida (Tresor/Musick/Feinwerk, UK)

"I like both the Bas Mooy and Dave Tarrida remixes... but I think they’re too different to judge together. My favourite is the Bas Mooy mix - I like most of his stuff. It's evil, dirty, and i like the whips... Dave has a different style but i like that too."
Natascha van Dongen (Germany)

Watch the posted video on YouTube.

mrj

Re: Little Nobody 12" feat. Bas Mooy + Dave Tarrida - out no

Post by mrj »

Andrez wrote:"Sounds good - I'll play it next time."
Dasha Rush (Fullpanda/Sonic Groove, France)
lol, that one sounds like a total brush off.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Hatsudai

Re: Little Nobody 12" feat. Bas Mooy + Dave Tarrida - out no

Post by Hatsudai »

I must say that is the most testimonials for a release ever!