Looking for a composer

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Pagrin

Looking for a composer

Post by Pagrin »

Hi.
I'm not sure if this is the right location to post this, so sorry if I'm in the wrong area.
I'm working on a zero budget animated movie project.
At this point it is still in the early stages, but progress is often slow in the early stages with these kinds of projects.
However I'm now at a point where a score would be handy.
So I'm looking for someone to compose an original score.
Being a zero budget production the only payment I can offer is a screen credit and a copy of the movie when it's done.
If you are interested please drop me a PM via this site. I intend to check back every few days at this point.

To answer the next most likely question. The movie is a grungy sci-fi cyberpunk story about 4 bikers who are hired to deliver some information.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Pagrin :smt001
Pagrin

Re: Looking for a composer

Post by Pagrin »

As it seems I can't send a reply to a PM yet, this will have to do.
Thanks for the interest, guys.
An example of the project can be seen here http://vimeo.com/30978320
But it's important to stress this is a work in progress animation. Many of the final elements are still be developed. Which is why the characters don't move or don't move properly. All of the voice track is just a rough edit to block the scenes out. Several props and effects are still to be added to most of the shots. And needless to say the little bit of music at the start is just a test, as the copyright belongs to someone else.
Pagrin :)
Pagrin

Re: Looking for a composer

Post by Pagrin »

Thanks for the interest guys.
At the moment I don't seem to be able to reply to messages so I'm posting a general reply here.
Because someone asked to see what progress on the animation has been done here is a link to a Work In Progress animation.
The characters are just place holders until the final dialogue can be recorded. (the one on the video is also temp) So I do want to stress that this is a WIP only and not the final product.
http://vimeo.com/30978320
Pagrin :)