Dancehall Throwback - Sat 28 June @ Laundry Bar

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Jesse I

Dancehall Throwback - Sat 28 June @ Laundry Bar

Post by Jesse I »

DANCEHALL THROWBACK @ LAUNDRY
SATURDAY 28TH JUNE

Get ready to go back once again, as we return to the days when dancehall music still came out on vinyl! From the foundation dancehall singers and deejays of the early 80s, through the bogle riddims of the 90s, to the firebrand bashment of the early 2000s, Dancehall Throwback will take you on a musical journey through dancehall history. Selectors Jesse I, Sista Itations, Ras Crucial, Ranking Yoni, and Naram will be digging deep into the archives for 45s from all eras – no laptops, and no CDJs. Joining them on the mic will be some of Melbourne’s best dancehall vocalists – Bahdoesa (Quashani Bahd and Muma Doesa), Zimson (aka Precice Riff), Slicker 1 and Faada Hype - performing live over classic riddims. Dancehall nice again!

Dancehall Throwback takes place on Saturday 28th June at Laundry Bar (50 Johnston St, Fitzroy). 10pm-3am, $10 cover on the door.