Christmas?

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
quick

Christmas?

Post by quick »

Is it just another day, or do you get excited?

Do you have a Christmas tree? Can you sleep well Christmas eve? Do you buy pressies for friends and family? Do you get WAISTED?

I love Christmas.... Lizkins, we need a tree...
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
...and basically that's the situation
flippo

Post by flippo »

umm I don't think its PC to have this thread... not everyone celebrates christmass...
TimmyG

Post by TimmyG »

I love christmas night! Once all the family crap is over with you can finally catch up with your crew and go to whatever beats party is being put on. Like what I did last christmas. And the one before. And the one before that...
Friday

Post by Friday »

i love christmas!!

you NEED to have a tree... even if it's just a little one....
flippo

Post by flippo »

kidding! love Xmass.... not the whole religeous thing... although my family get right into that. But mum cooks an absolute fucking goddamn storm its awesome. Mums like the best cook in the world. AWe have family freinds over at 10 am for beers and champaign every year. We're always tipsy by lunchtime, which ensures hilarity. Sleep in the afternoon in the sun on the lawn. one thing that pisses me off about xmass is that I cant walk 5 meters in my house without smakcing my head on some santa clause or angel hanging from the roof, mum thinks that because she is short everyone else must be aswell. My older sister has always loved xmass more than anyone I know, she always would try and wake my up early to scope pressies and shit. Shall be extra special this year with the new little member of the family.. What do you by a 1 month old baby for xmass?
mrj

Post by mrj »

Christmas is always Christmas eve catchup with friends at the pub, the whole catch up with people you only see once a year (ie christmas eve) then basically Christmas day and so forth is spent with the fam in Gippy opening presents, eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping, eating sleeping etc
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
flippo

Post by flippo »

oh yeh and Xmas eve with the mates at the pub forgot that...
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

flippo wrote:umm I don't think its PC to have this thread... not everyone celebrates christmass...
bah humbug?
Fents

Post by Fents »

flippo wrote:kidding! love Xmass.... not the whole religeous thing... although my family get right into that. But mum cooks an absolute fucking goddamn storm its awesome. Mums like the best cook in the world. AWe have family freinds over at 10 am for beers and champaign every year. We're always tipsy by lunchtime, which ensures hilarity. Sleep in the afternoon in the sun on the lawn. one thing that pisses me off about xmass is that I cant walk 5 meters in my house without smakcing my head on some santa clause or angel hanging from the roof, mum thinks that because she is short everyone else must be aswell. My older sister has always loved xmass more than anyone I know, she always would try and wake my up early to scope pressies and shit. Shall be extra special this year with the new little member of the family.. What do you by a 1 month old baby for xmass?
This is Flippo Kerrigan....and this is his story... :lol:

hahaha x-mas rocks.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I am buying myself the dopest Chissy present this year, so im excited.

how odd.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

DBoy wrote:I am buying myself the dopest Chissy present this year, so im excited.

how odd.
yes it is. maybe you should buy yourself a chrissy present
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

yeh love those self-christmas presents.
got myself a new camera. its lovely.

i love christmas in general, its so good to catch up with the family, get royally drunk, and spend most of the afternoon asleep.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
Rob M

Post by Rob M »

sneaky hands wrote: i love christmas in general, its so good to catch up with the family, get royally drunk, and spend most of the afternoon asleep.
tru dat!

I'll be making an egg-nogg with noggenfogger recipe :teef: and some mild spice x2

my mum(!), first time in her life [bless her soul] has bought me and herself a big slab of boags to celebrate...she's never done this before so i'm well chuffed. An afternoon of getting mashed with my mum for probably the first time ever LOL!!!

I'm still dumb-founded as you can tell. :lol: :lol:
quick

Post by quick »

I make my famous eggnog out of bourbon and ice cubes... :lol:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

does eggnogg really have egg in it?
mrj

Post by mrj »

Mellogs wrote:does eggnogg really have egg in it?
hey, while we are at it does it really have nog in it too?
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

Rob M wrote: I'll be making an egg-nogg with noggenfogger recipe :teef: and some mild spice x2:
lmao, exams over and im BACK in action.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

mrj wrote:
no really. an egg drink. thats fuckin WRONG!
flippo

Post by flippo »

Mellogs wrote:
mrj wrote:
no really. an egg drink. thats fuckin WRONG!
I always thought so too! My freind made some last year, it was fucking awesome.. I was so skeptical. Tastes so nice and spicy, we put so much burbon and brandy in it.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

never had an egg flip before mel?

or just plain old skolled a raw egg back rocky-style?
Fents

Post by Fents »

» C O C K T A I L N A M E
Traditional Egg Nog

» D E S C R I P T I O N
Traditionally, the most important part of making egg nog was using a lot of eggs and preparing them properly. There are as many opinions on what makes the "perfect" egg nog as there are egg nog tasters, so feel free to let your own bias guide you when making yours. Because you can also serve a non-alcoholic version of this drink you may wish to have both on hand when inviting guests round for a sip. If you prefer alcohol in your recipe, consider stocking up on a few pints of store-bought egg nog for the kids.

» G L A S S T O U S E
Mugs, highball, martini, punch glasses, you name it.

» T H E R E C I P E

Traditional Egg Nog

12 eggs, separated
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c bourbon
1/2 c. brandy
6 c. milk
ground nutmeg
1 c. heavy cream

Beat egg yolks with sugar on low speed in a large bowl until mixed. At high speed, beat until thick and lemon-coloured (about fifteen minutes).

Add alcohol, one tablespoon at a time, to mixture. Cover and chill.

In the meantime, chill a 5-6 quart punch bowl. About twenty minutes before you will be serving your egg nog, stir the yolk mixture, milk, and 1 1/4 tsp. nutmeg in the bowl.

In another large bowl beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form.

In a smaller bowl (you can use the same beaters), beat cream at medium speed until stiff peaks form.

Using a whisk, gently fold egg whites, cream, and yolk mixture just until blended. Serve cold (no ice).

Makes 32 one-half cup servings.

» A C C E S S O R I E S
I enjoy extra ground nutmeg sprinkled liberally over the top of my egg nog, but others may prefer a dusting of some cinnamon or baking cocoa.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

i dont eat eggs, let alone drink em. more for you guys :wink:
gnat

Post by gnat »

:smt078 to egg nog. i HATE eggs. wouldn't eat one if it was the last thing on earth.

I LOVE Xmas too. Had Moroccan styles Chrissy at mine last year. This year I'm very happy to head home to Bris and lay under the sprinkler with a cold beer while she hums about me preparing. We have champers brekky every year with the Xmas Orphans drop in durng the day- everyone welcome, then head to friends for lunch.

Basically consists if eating till you're about to die, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and slithering to the poolside like a harp seal and plunging in when you can't take the Brissy heat any more. Then repeat.. over and over until sleeps in the arv in wet togs under the fan.

Xmas night, usually out for Evil's b'day but this year I'll be an apology. Probably a good thing- usually gets rather messy :?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

gnat wrote::smt078 to egg nog. i HATE eggs. wouldn't eat one if it was the last thing on earth.
yay for GNAT!
gnat

Post by gnat »

Mellogs wrote:
gnat wrote::smt078 to egg nog. i HATE eggs. wouldn't eat one if it was the last thing on earth.
yay for GNAT!
Ahh, another googie hater :smt023

Just thinking about them makes my stomach lurch. My flattie has to use certain allocated cookware and I won't let him put the stuff he's used in the dishwasher bcoz I can smell it in the glasses etc- makes me gag!

Can't even do a lot of cakes. Shits me that every brekky in the city revolves around the humble 'edible' embryo.

COULD NOT for eggs.

oops- wrong thread :P
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
flippo

Post by flippo »

yeh I hate eggs, hence my reluctance to try the egg nogg, but it was actually really nice, could taste more milk and burbon and nutmeg than egg.
gnat

Post by gnat »

I used to get right into another classic Xmas beverage- mulled wine. My friend's Mum did a killer version of it- massive pot always warm on the cooktop.

Used to get flogged and warm the cockles of my heart at the same time. It's very comforting and super delish.. but a bit hot for it in Bris Vegas unfortunately. Will have to settle for Sav Blanc and Boags..

Egg haters unite! /gags
flippo

Post by flippo »

gnat wrote:
Egg haters unite! /gags
I dont see chickens goin round lickin up human menstural waste? do you?... think about it.... googy googy gooogy.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I like Christmas - I like the big lunch my parents cook up (Ham, Turkey, wine and beers etc etc) and i like the time with my family.
I never go out Xmas eve coz I don't wanna fell like death warmed up on such a wikkid day (ie. I don't usually pull-up too good!).
Lately it's lost some appeal I must admit and become a lil' stressful with a severe lack of funds... but I guess dem's da breaks!
I love a real tree too - smells like Christmas. :D
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

flippo wrote:
gnat wrote:
Egg haters unite! /gags
I dont see chickens goin round lickin up human menstural waste? do you?... think about it.... googy googy gooogy.

:smt078
gnat

Post by gnat »

Mellogs wrote:
flippo wrote:
gnat wrote:
Egg haters unite! /gags

:smt078

:script: :script: :script:

Dude! :shock:
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

But I don't see fully-grown chickens eating fully-grown people either.... :wink:
flippo

Post by flippo »

Direktor wrote:But I don't see fully-grown chickens eating fully-grown people either.... :wink:
nope but they may eat smaller fully grown animals..

human > chicken > grasshopper

;)
Realm Korrupt

Post by Realm Korrupt »

Christmas + Dom & Calyx = :twisted: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
Like two skeletons copulating on a tin roof...
CRITICAL @ BUNKER - Sat Feb 18th
Hip Hop/Grime/Ghetto Tek/Jungle/Drum n Bass
Bek - Kammo - Quick - Livewire
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

this thread reminded me to put up my Christmas tree (which I just did). I've got one of those little ones with the fibre optic lights :lol: 8)

I love Christmas. For the past 2 years I've had the family over at mine for a BBQ lunch, then piss off at night to drink with the crew. too farken easy!

I know it's really commercial n all, but I actually enjoy GIVING presents.
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
lynt

Post by lynt »

I love giving gifts too.

Though I'm really shit at deciding on who needs what.

This will be my first Christmas ever without my family or a partner. Interesting.
mecka

Post by mecka »

I love presents. That's pretty much the only thing I like about christmas because a long time ago my cynicism outweighed any holiday spirit I ever had.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

It's okay.
Mellogs

Post by Mellogs »

flippo wrote:
Direktor wrote:But I don't see fully-grown chickens eating fully-grown people either.... :wink:
nope but they may eat smaller fully grown animals..

human > chicken > grasshopper

;)
nice :lol:
nhd

Post by nhd »

christmas for me is allright.
its usually spent in the country in a pool all day with my cousins drinking beers.
then we have to go visit my other family. urgh, couldnt!!! very unsociable bunch.
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

its my b'day so it better be fucking good.

it should be with a mad show that night.
flippo

Post by flippo »

kronz wrote:its my b'day so it better be fucking good.

it should be with a mad show that night.
Kronz is now officialy called jesus.
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

lynt wrote:I love giving gifts too.

This will be my first Christmas ever without my family or a partner. Interesting.
Strange thinking about that, in the sense that Jesus was an immaculate conception. Thereby spending his first ever Christmas without the comfort biological parents and quite possibly as a new born he probably wasn't hanging out with a significant other ont he day either.

Lynt is Jesus.
stovequeen

Post by stovequeen »

lynt wrote:I love giving gifts too.

I :smt049 your gifts :D

i don't do Chrissy.. no family here.. :?

Nik has the right idea 8)
great_magnet
crazy diamond

Post by great_magnet »

I dig Christmas. My fave time of the year. Family, friends, food, fun. Love it all.

Christmas Day for me is spent unwrapping presents with the family in the morning, massive lunch prepared by my Dad who is a chef and former restaurant owner, then backyard cricket and beers with the extended family.

Doesn't matter how old I get Christmas is always a day of excitement and fun.

BRING IT SANTA!!!
This ain't no party
This ain't no disco
This ain't no foolin' around
JC

Post by JC »

its my birthday on good old Xmas day
I like it in australia cause I go to my ladys family and none of them ever remember its my birthday, I hate birthday attention.
flippo

Post by flippo »

JC wrote:its my birthday on good old Xmas day
I like it in australia cause I go to my ladys family and none of them ever remember its my birthday, I hate birthday attention.
It's your birthdau on xmass day and your name is JC? how fitting
JC

Post by JC »

very strange isnt it,
and my last names church,
RMHC

Post by RMHC »

:joy:
Last edited by RMHC on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.