Health

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

gnat wrote: sexual health check for everyone
I think I can skip this one. Trust. :nofuckingatall:
elysium

Post by elysium »

I take vitamins. I don't know if they do much except make me feel slightly nauseous.
I'm in a loop, I am the loop...
gnat

Post by gnat »

Hardy wrote:
gnat wrote: sexual health check for everyone
I think I can skip this one. Trust. :nofuckingatall:
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 at that Hardy.

I've been there too, trust..

elly, you need to take the vits after food- the vit b makes you really nauseous otherwise..
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
elysium

Post by elysium »

gnat wrote:
elly, you need to take the vits after food- the vit b makes you really nauseous otherwise..
ah ha! thanks gnat :D:smt023

This explains a few things. I was getting rather worried. Feeling sick in the mornings is NOT a good sign.
gnat

Post by gnat »

elysium wrote:
gnat wrote:
ah ha! thanks gnat :D:smt023

This explains a few things. I was getting rather worried. Feeling sick in the mornings is NOT a good sign.
Haha! Same thing happened to me. I take really high doses of Vitamin B in a specially prescribed Multi and I was vomiting in the mornings and feeling sick till midday. I asked my naturopath (my best friend incidentally), who very sarcastically informed me that they should be taken AFTER food. No probs ever since :D

Food in tum :: drop bic 8)
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
dust

Post by dust »

I take vitamin C, multi vitamins and berocca every day, drink about 3L of water and do Yoga, Pilates and go to the gym and I feel better than I ever have.

Yay to being able to bounce back after big weekends.

:wholenewgeorgia:
brother b

healty body healthy feet

Post by brother b »

Work out every week at least twice (tai chi, chi gung etc) and not just on the dancefloor.
Eat properly and preferably organic.
Sleep without the aid of drugs.
Limit your input of chemicals to the weekend.
Sleep in when you can.
Make love whenever possible.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Iron compound is awesome when you start to get a sore throat or tonsilitis. I used to get it all the time, but not anymore! Also i take stuff for depression (bark flower) which my naturopath gave me (love that woman), helps every time! I feel great these days, however i need to remember to take more time off during the year instead of slogging it out til New Years, clearly its not helping my mental state.

I reckon the partying days are over for me in terms of consumption amounts > not that i take that much anymore anyways. The occasional partying is fine, but i have been at it since i was 18 and i am now 26, one cannot go on like the way i used too and expect to be fine. Just kidding yourself!
dust

Post by dust »

Lizkins wrote:I reckon the partying days are over for me in terms of consumption amounts > not that i take that much anymore anyways. The occasional partying is fine, but i have been at it since i was 18 and i am now 26, one cannot go on like the way i used too and expect to be fine. Just kidding yourself!
Yep, here here. Except i'm 27 so i've done one more year of damage to myself.
gnat

Post by gnat »

dust wrote:
Lizkins wrote:I reckon the partying days are over for me in terms of consumption amounts > not that i take that much anymore anyways. The occasional partying is fine, but i have been at it since i was 18 and i am now 26, one cannot go on like the way i used too and expect to be fine. Just kidding yourself!
Erm... this started about the same time for me.

and...

I recently hit 32

:shock:

:?

Big changes for me this year.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

:shock: shit really Nat? No offence, but with how hard you go i thought you had only recently gotten into it for the last couple of years. that is full on babe! my brain and body just don't cope these days, hence why i only take about a 1/4 of what i used too, and not every weekend.
dust

Post by dust »

gnat wrote:
dust wrote:
Erm... this started about the same time for me.

and...

I recently hit 32

:shock:

:?

Big changes for me this year.
Hmmm but you still look great, are totally coherent, smart and don't dribble on yourself. Maybe drugs aren't that bad for you after all.

I'm taking back my earlier statements and heading for 5 more years of shonkiness.

:reneg:
lynt

Post by lynt »

I take the killer multi's. It's a powder called VitalGreen... I'm dead without it. If I skip it for one day I automatically feel the pressure... basically because my diet is so fucktarded and my sleeping patterns are whacked, I need to pump the good stuff. It's my life blood. Bad in a way, but at least I'm getting all the essentials I'd normally miss out on, even with a healthy diet.

Highly recommended action, about $90 for 500gms or something. It's the booka.
nic

Post by nic »

Liquid vitamin supplements really work for me I think ? (placebo) Maybe its because it tastes so nasty its gotta be good. Berocca, 2 strong coffees, 1 glass of warm water with lemon every morning and liquid vitamin is pretty much my health regime. Just need to add exercise!

Im also looking for a way to minimise hangovers, I just cant handle or function at all after drinking alot its floors me....
lynt

Post by lynt »

Get on the liver tonic! No hangovers! Can't remember which ones I take, but it's all herbal (milk thistle, all that)... keeps ya sharp ;)
gnat

Post by gnat »

Haha! 8)

Lizmakins.. it's been a long bender for me- total out of controlness since 1995 with gigs and shennanigans. This year I am defo slowing it up a bit. Still go out but less imbibing. Challenge for me is self control.

However, this behaviour cannot last forever. It's still tonnes of fun and I love it but I'm also very aware that this lifestyle is unhealthy, destructive and will have an expiry date at some point for sure.

To quote the Great and Wise Mister Magnet: 'It's about the music not the mash'.
Last edited by gnat on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ag3nT[]0raNg3
old boy

Post by Ag3nT[]0raNg3 »

only stuff i take is lysine for no more cold sores and milk thistle occasionally if i remember.

cant be arsed spending all that cash on vits. load a shite i say!

i hardly ever get crook.

or maybe i just dont whinge about it as much as some people. huhuhuhuh

i do like my sleep tho and get a bit shirty if i dont get enough.
one more medicated peacefull moment
www.dubstep.com.au
nic

Post by nic »

i do like my sleep tho
Who doesnt!

Sleep, water and food can fix about anything I think.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

gnat wrote:Haha! 8)

Cheers Dusty Girl- often probably look a whole lot better than I feel. I generally know my limits though these days and get to a point where I'll be quite flogged and know that I need to slow it for a bit and sit on the waters. Previously, a good friend used to ration me, supervise all behaviour with her wise and knowing eyes and pull me into line (or order me onto the couch for chill time) on a reg basis.

I actually pull up pretty well too. Sleep, get up about 2 and see some of the day. Reasonably functional although I'm hurting a bit.

Lizmakins.. it's been a long bender for me- total out of controlness since 1995 with gigs and shennanigans. This year I am defo slowing it up a bit. Still go out but less imbibing. Challenge for me is self control.

However, this behaviour cannot last forever. It's still tonnes of fun and I love it but I'm also very aware that this lifestyle is unhealthy, destructive and will have an expiry date at some point for sure.

To quote the Great and Wise Mister Magnet: 'It's about the music not the mash'.

Much love to you GM :smt055
Nice one Natty :D 8) , your brain cells will appreciate it. I have noticed i remember things better these days than i did about 2 years ago. I seriously had issues back then with remembering even who i was on some days :roll: and Mr GM comes out with some gold stuff for sure :smt023
Lephrenic

Post by Lephrenic »

AO has cooties.
mixtress

Re: Health

Post by mixtress »

Wow, long time between posts on this ol' thread.

Found this, thought it was very informative. Dr Batmangelidj wrote a book called The Water Cure, basically saying most of out ailments are caused by dehydration. I like that it doesn't seem to be about making millions of dollars selling a miracle cure, since his cure is fresh water. It's more about informing than trying to shove chemicals down your throat.

Here's a link to his website:

http://www.watercure.com/index.html

And here's a link to a TV debate about it.

http://www.watercure2.org/Video/WVIA-WaterCure-1hr.swf

I know I don't drink as much water as I should but I know right away when I'm dehydrating. First the lips go dry, then I'll get a headache and if I let it go, I'll develop kidney pain and a migraine. Just can't afford to let that shit happen anymore...I'm getting old!

According to Dr Batman, you're meant to drink half your body weight (pounds) in fluid ounces a day, along with non processed sea salt to maintain minerals etc. For example (and I learned this in the old metric so bear with me):

I weigh 102lb so half is 51 fluid ounces, over 5 litres a day. To each litre I'm to add a quarter tsp of unprocessed sea salt. I'm allowed to add salt to my diet, provided I drink this amount of water. If I don't, less salt intake for me. Every 6 ounces of caffeine or alcohol requires 10-12 ounces to replenish.

gonna try it out and see if my kidney's float away...
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

I thought salt dehydrated you though?

Strange.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

mixtress wrote:I weigh 102lb so half is 51 fluid ounces, over 5 litres a day. ...
You might drown like Anna Wood.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Direkt wrote:I thought salt dehydrated you though?

Strange.
natural sea salt is the closest to our own salts. When you go into hospital for dehydration, they give you saline, which is a salt water solution. Gastrolyte and Gatorade have sodium in them too...you can't replenish fluids without replenishing minerals as well. Ever tasted sweat? Salt only dehydrates if you don't drink enough to start with.

PC, I thought of that chick too. Wood died of complications brought on by taking E and drinking too much (cause she wasn't active and wasn't sweating the water out). She also drank huge quantities at a time, she didn't sip it which is what's recommended.

Don't think I'll go the whole 5 litres a day cause I'm not very active. I drink about 2 litres a day now and still get dry lips and stuff, so maybe jump to 3 litres and if I'm still showing signs of dehydration after a few weeks I'll up the ante some more. I smoke and take rugs here and there, so obviously that's gonna ruin the stats but I'll get an idea at least.

Worth a try me thinketh
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Furry muff.
almax

Post by almax »

in regards to dehydration, i believe the best indication is your piss, if it runs clear, your fine, the thicker and yellower it is, the more dehydrated you are (unless you have just taken a multi vitamin)
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

^ or eaten aspargus
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

True Almax. I know this sounds stupid, but apparently healthy urine has a yellow tinge and you should be able to read through it (ie: not cloudy).

If it's running clear I thought that meant problems. As in your kidneys/liver aren't doing a good enough job of flushing out toxins so they're still in you, thus the clear piss.

You only piss out the nutrients you don't use when taking vitamins, so if your piss is always super yellow and potent smelling, you're taking too many nutrients you don't need and they're getting flushed. Expensive piss imo.

shit I wanna be a doctor :cry:
deviant

Post by deviant »

^^^^

51 fliud Oz is NOT 5 over litres of water

it's about 1.5 litres.

That is less that the old 8 glasses a day rule...... I would easily drink over 2 litres when I'm working... on the weekends and on holidays I often forget. You definitely need to try and drink this amount of water at LEAST every day to stay in good health imo.... My Mum had bad gallstones a few years ago and the doc said it was mainly from not drinking enough water. Basically she substituted water for cups of tea, not a good idea in the long run. Now she has no gallbladder.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Fuck it! I did the maths on a converter off Google...thought it sounded too much.

Thanks Dan :D

In that case, I've been on the Water Cure for 30 years lol
Lephrenic

Re:

Post by Lephrenic »

Lephrenic wrote:AO has cooties.
I do NOT remember writing that.
deviant

Post by deviant »

what about the other 3000 posts?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

mixtress wrote:True Almax. I know this sounds stupid, but apparently healthy urine has a yellow tinge and you should be able to read through it (ie: not cloudy).

If it's running clear I thought that meant problems. As in your kidneys/liver aren't doing a good enough job of flushing out toxins so they're still in you, thus the clear piss.

You only piss out the nutrients you don't use when taking vitamins, so if your piss is always super yellow and potent smelling, you're taking too many nutrients you don't need and they're getting flushed. Expensive piss imo.

shit I wanna be a doctor :cry:
Not necessarily.

If you're piss is super yellow and potent, it could be because it's not diluted enough by water - hence dehydration.

And if your piss is clear, it's the opposite - it's because you've diluted it so much (and most likely already pissed out the wastes/nutrients etc, and this is just excess water).
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I see what you're saying. Doesn't have to be a problem with your internals if your paziss is clear. I guess if you don't drink much water and it's clear, then you might wanna worry.

My lips are dry :?
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Fo shiznizzle...

Get your H20 flow on yo!
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

I drink lots of water, have lots of sex, sleep as much as I can and dont work too hard/at all. :)

Just got a clean bill of health from immigration too, which is always a pleasant relief. Last one I had was about 3 years ago. My stress levels have considerably dropped since I moved to Oz and gave up cocaine.

I would recommend a full medical screening to everyone, just for piece of mind and shit.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
breaksRbest

Post by breaksRbest »

youthful_implants wrote:I would recommend a full medical screening to everyone, just for piece of mind and shit.

I've been meaning to get one of those for about 15 years now lol

I feel healthy & don't get sick so it's easy to keep putting it off
I think I am, Therefore I am. I think
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Smoking is my major damage. Last time I quit I gained 5 kilo's, my skin looked amazing, I exercised, my clothes fit better, I ate fucking buckets of healthy food every day and was basically happier. What the fuck am I doing?

IMUSTSTOPSMOKING.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

wish this friggin' headache would go away.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
quick

Post by quick »

fooishbar wrote:wish this friggin' headache would go away.

:smt007

thats my health right there :tard:
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

lolz, mine's Nurofen Plus. it's the Plus that does it.
quick

Post by quick »

hate ibuprofen... really bad to take on empty stomach... and when I feel sick or have a headache, i really cbf getting up to eat just so I can relieve the pain... paracetamol and codeine FTW

Ibuprofen is for muscle or joint soreness, for fever and headache, take paracetamol.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

I get pressure headaches that turn into migraines and I can't take Panadeine Forte cause my kidneys are wussbags, Nurofen Plus works beautifully. Always with food. That bit sucks when you wake up with pain and have to organise food before you can organise pain relief. Might use paracetamol for that, good one.

Was it you a few years ago telling me something about splitting the NP tabs along the length of the pill to separate the codeine from the ibuprofen?
quick

Post by quick »

mixtress wrote:I get pressure headaches that turn into migraines and I can't take Panadeine Forte cause my kidneys are wussbags, Nurofen Plus works beautifully. Always with food. That bit sucks when you wake up with pain and have to organise food before you can organise pain relief. Might use paracetamol for that, good one.

Was it you a few years ago telling me something about splitting the NP tabs along the length of the pill to separate the codeine from the ibuprofen?
yeah it was me... think it bollocks tho... for migraines i use mersyndol night strength... Ibuprofen is just as bad if not worse for kidneys than paracetamol... but both are safe in moderate use.

check this thread to see how to simply extract the codeine from neurofen plus.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=396416
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

:D cheers S
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mersyndol is the bomb! Quick put me on to it when i started getting sick with migraines awhile back, now there is always a packet in my draw for really bad headaches. take one, nap time in the dark, and clear by the morning.

Funny you are talking about the water thing Mixxie cos you mentioned it ages ago when i had a headache for a few days and you said i was probably dehydrated. now i make sure i drink more water to keep my fluids up, and often have steamed vegies for lunch too to help with more water in my food, now less headaches!

when i do get headaches its always the same pain in the same spot (feels like there are lumps forming on the side of my head and pushing on my brain, not pleasant really), that i got when i got really sick and they put me on epileptic medication to help the problem. now off the medication and i just have to watch my water in-take and drinking etc on the weekends.
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

fucking chuffed I helped Liz :oops: Had a tension headache this morning and drank water instead of taking pills. Fell asleep and woke up clear (slightly sideways after Remarc but ok). The simplest solutions are often the best.
Kirts

Post by Kirts »

I have had a really stuffed back and avoided pain killers for ever and a day. Then I caved and got some. Good to start out with then, yes the good ol addictive qualities kick in and its all bad news. I couldn't last a day without going to get the rescript. Crazy Shit.

Talking about health, some days I would have had 3-4 pain killers, no lunch cause they suppressed my appetite and had 3-4 Red Bulls.

Managed to get off them. May have had to sub a bit here and there but they were the devil. Good but the devil.

Now quit smoking for 8 months, doing a shit load of cardio and being selective of when to go into Game On mode.
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mixtress wrote:fucking chuffed I helped Liz :oops: Had a tension headache this morning and drank water instead of taking pills. Fell asleep and woke up clear (slightly sideways after Remarc but ok). The simplest solutions are often the best.

lol the first time you said it i thought "bollocks its just dehrydration, that is just silly". then i drank more water, and was like "ohhhhh i am a nob" :oops: :lol:
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Lizkins wrote:mersyndol is the bomb! Quick put me on to it when i started getting sick with migraines awhile back, now there is always a packet in my draw for really bad headaches. take one, nap time in the dark, and clear by the morning.
I take that stuff when I have a broken heart. It dulls the pain, relieves the anxiety, helps supress tears while at work. Though you need to take it after you have driven to work, not before.
Just because I rock, doesn't mean I'm made of stone.