Melbourne Breaks Unite CD

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
Cubist

Melbourne Breaks Unite CD

Post by Cubist »

Hey all,

Anyone who would like one of their tunes represented on the Melbourne Breaks Unite 2006 CD please PM me to arrange it. All proceeds of the CD will go to 'The Starlight Foundation' http://www.starlight.org.au/

Hopefully the CD will represent all things broken beat in Melbourne. Not just DnB and Breaks but Hip-Hop, Dancehall, weird shit...anything broken.

So if ur interested or know of anyone who may be interested in submitting a tune please PM me. It's a great way to get ur tunes out to the people and all proceeds go towards a worthy cause.

Get on it Melbourne!

For more info on the event check out http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4682
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Hump the Bump!
Guyno

Post by Guyno »

From the amount of madness droppin' at Local Lineup you might have to make that a x2cd. :wink:
Fents

Post by Fents »

I can possibly print and burn these cd's if needed, if so someone hit me up
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

This is for such an awesome cause, i will definately give a track or two for this. Cubist, What format do you need the tracks supplied in ? I'd hope we would get a good cross section of styles for this cd to represent Melbourne break/DnB producers.
Snowie
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

obliveus

Post by obliveus »

BUMP...
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

I'm in.
Have a beaut for ya. :D
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Auburn Sound System will definitely donate a track. Bring it on...

8)
Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

I'll put down a track or 2......
My set-up is completely live.... anyone wanna record said track for me..?
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Just got word of someone really big donating a track. Will keep ya'll in the loop. 8)
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Snowie wrote:This is for such an awesome cause, i will definately give a track or two for this. Cubist, What format do you need the tracks supplied in ? I'd hope we would get a good cross section of styles for this cd to represent Melbourne break/DnB producers.
Snowie
Word,
Yep, what sort of format?
Do you want it in 16 bit for CD (and completely finished), or 24 bit so you can knock it back down to 16?
Or do you want to do a final master on the whole lot? So all the songs have similar levels, sound, etc, etc.
Whatever you require - just give me your specs, and will have it sorted for you in a couple of days.
:D
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

whens the cut offf deadline for submissions?
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

um, whats the general critera for the topic subject? Just curious (not curious in the strange way) not that I would have anything worth wile production wise anywayz...

Ps, scotrod if your reading this I heard that you thru in your track at the last BW! Great stuff man Im happy for ya, sorry I missed it ahhh... Im sure i'll hear it down the tube sometime no doubt!

pps, dont ask me what the tube is!
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Lindemon wrote:I'll put down a track or 2......
It should be a problem, give me an email to [email protected] and we'll organise.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

obliveus wrote:Auburn Sound System will definitely donate a track. Bring it on...

8)
Can I blow my horn on your track?

:D
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Aerobiotic - love your signature. The Reason Matrix Pattern Sequencer.
I've been busting their balls to improve it for over 6 months now, plus, to put a fold out on the Redrum so you can see all patterns at the same time - amongst heaps of other shit. haha.
Reason 3 rocks. :D
Last edited by Little Evil on Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

Little Evil wrote:Aerobiotic - love your signature. The Rason Matrix pattern sequencer.
I've been busting their balls to improve it for over 6 months now, plus, to put a fold out on the Redrum so you can see all patterns at the same time - amongst heaps of other shit. haha.
hahaha cheers evil one!
It took me ages just to get the sequence steps animated for the gif.. but yeh I dig it too!
That redrum foldout is a great idea! and yes R3 does rock... ;) Ive just upgraded to v3.0.4 no big differance though.
Would love to check out some of you R3 work, if your into Reason you should check out reasonstation.net... Some great tunage there ( some really bad also!) Just look up aerobiotic for the really bad stuff!
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Ignore my previous reply, that's what you get with too much panadol and lack of sleep, i'm sure it read right the first time, but....
Snowie wrote:
Lindemon wrote:I'll put down a track or 2......
Lindemon, It shouldn't be a problem, give me an email to [email protected] and we'll organise.
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

OK peeps, great to see so many heads interested! :D

Cut off date for track submissions is 1st of April 2006

Please send all tracks via snail mail in 16bit/44.1khz format. Please post only ONE track to:

Eden Krumins
MB Unite CD
P.O. Box 5033
Middle Park 3206

Please do not PM me links or clips to ur tunes over the web.

Also, I need some one to put their hand up for doing the art work...So if ur good at design and would like to be involved please let me know via PM.

Thankyou :D
Last edited by Cubist on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

aerobiotic wrote:
Little Evil wrote:Aerobiotic - love your signature. The Rason Matrix pattern sequencer.
hahaha cheers evil one!
It took me ages just to get the sequence steps animated for the gif.. but yeh I dig it too!
That redrum foldout is a great idea! and yes R3 does rock... ;) Ive just upgraded to v3.0.4 no big differance though.
Would love to check out some of you R3 work, if your into Reason you should check out reasonstation.net... Some great tunage there ( some really bad also!) Just look up aerobiotic for the really bad stuff!
Yeah, I've checked it right out.
Reason 3 is just the greastest thing since sliced bread - it makes version 2.5 seem like fruity loops. :D
The combinator has incresased my work speed by about x10, and the mastering suite is the best I've used.

All it needs now is fold-out redrums, with a non quantize function so you can move beats slightly out of phase, or a range of other reasons.
A more involved matrix, with notes displayed as the mouse is moved over them, and also a keyboard graph on the side that corresponds to the note data on the sequencer.

Plus, a noise gate with side chain.
It has the compressor with side chain, but a gate with side chain would make it the most complete music making software on the market.

I don't use the sequencer in reason, I record everthing into pro-tools via re-wire. Works really well for me, but there is always room for improvement. :D

Plus - Protools 7 is fucking awesone.
For people using PC I think it's the way to go. 8)

Love the sig.
Might make one myself out of the Redrum. :D
Last edited by Little Evil on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Logic -> Rewire -> Reason.
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

obliveus wrote:Just got word of someone really big donating a track. Will keep ya'll in the loop. 8)
Auburn Sound System - you know it! :lol:
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

I think the redrum fold out idea not a bad one but could easily take up too much of the rack space, as for nudging beats forward... isnt that done with flange?
I like the sequencer how it is, once you get use to it its pretty good. Ive tryed rewiring but would rather just use the factory sequencer, it does the job for me.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

aerobiotic wrote:I think the redrum fold out idea not a bad one but could easily take up too much of the rack space, as for nudging beats forward... isnt that done with flange?
I like the sequencer how it is, once you get use to it its pretty good. Ive tryed rewiring but would rather just use the factory sequencer, it does the job for me.
Never nudged forward beats with a flange before. But I've nudged a few flanges with my beat before. :wink:
A non quatize funtion would be great for me personaly. I know what you mean about the flange on the Re-drum, but it can come off sounding robotic sometimes.
The fold out I was talking about could be the same as on the advanced reverb unit - just tucks away until you need all the parameters.
Or, each track even could be folded out seperately. Would be good to see what every drum pattern does at the same time. And have as many open at one times as you like - or none at all.

Yeah, only thing in reason I'm not a fan of is the sequencer. Just never really clicked with me.

Takes a little bit more time, but once you have Reason and pro-tools set up properly, they are fantastic and the sequencer in protools is second to none.
And the Reason and Protools combo is gaining more and more popularity.
I like it better than anything else I've used - Cubase, Logic, Fruityloops, samplers galore, etc, etc.
It just suits how I work, but would be a lot different for some, and take lots of getting used to. :D
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Hey Cubist,

I'll put my hand up to do the artwork for the cd. Not a prob

Snowie

[email protected]
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Come on peeps we need more tracks.

I don't want to go chasing round individuals....Keir what about ur tune with Lady C, any of the more established dudes got anything they wanna donate, Blueprint, Motive etc.

Thanks to all those who have sent me something already but WE NEED MORE!

C'MON!
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

how many tracks do you need, Eden?
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
lynt

Post by lynt »

Cubist wrote:Come on peeps we need more tracks.

I don't want to go chasing round individuals....Keir what about ur tune with Lady C, any of the more established dudes got anything they wanna donate, Blueprint, Motive etc.

Thanks to all those who have sent me something already but WE NEED MORE!

C'MON!
Yo Eden, not all producers are gonna feel comfortable putting their tunes on a compilation if they have intentions of getting them signed... not stating the obvious, but just making a point :)

I'll see if I can throw some your way.
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Cubist wrote:Thanks to all those who have sent me something already but WE NEED MORE!
I'm down for this, but we have until April 1st to submit, right?
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Scotrod

Post by Scotrod »

aerobiotic wrote:Ps, scotrod if your reading this I heard that you thru in your track at the last BW! Great stuff man Im happy for ya, sorry I missed it ahhh... Im sure i'll hear it down the tube sometime no doubt!

pps, dont ask me what the tube is!
Hi Tim, yeah, I played it at BW and it went suprisingly well, although it still needs a lot of polishing up etc.

Cubist - I'll try to have something for you very soon.
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Eden, will have a tune for you early next week.
Just have to get Gimme out of the way.
It's pretty much finished, I just have to do some work on the vocs, and it's sorted.
8)
Rollin

Post by Rollin »

i got a track i think may suit this - ill send it ova.
Rock Like This in-conjunction with Darkbeat's 9th Birthday presents:

FREESTYLERS (UK)

GOOD FRIDAY 6th APRIL - BOAT PARTY!!

Check it http://www.billboardthevenue.com.au/GigView.aspx?id=417
mrj

Post by mrj »

Rollin wrote:i got a track i think may suit this - ill send it ova.
put this man on the CD!
sternumbreaks

Post by sternumbreaks »

woohoo
looking 4ward to it.
soundcloud.com/sternumbreaks
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Cool guys. :D Keep em' coming!
Little Evil

Post by Little Evil »

Eden,
Tune being posted your way 'express post' this morning my son.
See you soon!
Drew. :D
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

I've just finished the artwork for the cd. It looks wicked. Still deciding on which track i'll send in, hopefully put it in the post by Monday.

Eden, I'll try resending it to again. i'm still waiting on the MBU logo tho.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

cool, i heard about this offa snowman

have a track there i could send in

nice werk.
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

C'mon Peeps,

There's still time to get those tracks in. By the standard of tracks i heard already, this will be an awesome cd representing Melbourne's Breaks, Drum and Bass, and broken beat producers. And even better it will be helping out a very worth while cause in the Starlight Children's foundation. Hurry up guys, don't think about DO IT !!!, SEND THEM IN !!!!
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

Do we really have to hurry? As I posted above. We have until April 1, right?
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

lucas wrote:Do we really have to hurry? As I posted above. We have until April 1, right?
Right :wink:
same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

hurry hurry there isnt much time hurry hurry omg omg omg omg...
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Bump fpr Kallous
kallous

Post by kallous »

cheers mate, been a while since Ive had chance to get on here.
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

I reckon
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

bumpin along peeps, keep the tracks coming in
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Bump, Only a couple of weeks left, the cut off date is 1st April
munt beard

Post by munt beard »

how many have made it in now?
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

OK peeps. Things are looking good for the MBU CD. Only 3 days left. So if you haven't yet posted me a track get onto it within a day or two.

Cut off date for track submissions is 1st of April 2006

Please send all tracks via snail mail in 16bit/44.1khz format. Please post only ONE track to:

Eden Krumins
MB Unite CD
P.O. Box 5033
Middle Park 3206
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

WOW! Melb def has some skilled producers. Everyone who submitted a track, your tune has been put on the CD. Only about 20 seconds left on CD also. Phew! Really didn't want to tell someone "oh sorry ur tune isn't on CD cause we've got too many..." Ouch!

Anyway, I'm after some help form peeps. Getting CD and booklet printed very soon. Does anyone know any reasonably priced CD duplicating businesses that do a high quality job?

I got my "A Night to Remember" demo CD's printed from the cheap place on Bridge Rd in Richmond and although they look ok they're not commercial quality.

There are so many places in Melb that print CD etc. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good one. I'm going to pop into Obese after work and ask who prints there CD's as they all look pretty schmick.

Any suggestions anyone?

Cheers.