an open letter to brown alley.

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.

should melbourne get to see zinc tonight?

yes
88%
no
12%

Total votes: 51

valuetime

an open letter to brown alley.

Post by valuetime »

dear brown alley,

let zinc play at lounge tonight, if nothing else but for the love of the music.

all those in favour?

(keep it respectful)
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Signed. I was ultra excited to be seeing Zinc tonight, and i'm just gutted now. I thinks it's totally uncool to keep people from seeing him tonight when it has no impact on BA at all.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

C'arn BA.... would be the most loveliest of gestures!
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

Come on guys, keep it about the MUSIC!
This kinda thing can only have negative implications for the future of BA and the 'scene' in general...

Please see the light and change this injustice
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

CMON BA YOU HAVE A GREAT PR STUNT READY TO EXECUTE!!

DO THIS AND PPL WILL STOP HATING ON YOU FOR AT LEAST A MONTH!
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Direktor wrote:C'arn BA.... would be the most loveliest of gestures!
:scr1pt:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

how and why are they stopping it?
gaz

Post by gaz »

Anyone who votes 'no' should be condemned to fifty lashes with a wet noodle.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Lizkins wrote:how and why are they stopping it?
http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=200
deviant

Post by deviant »

lolgaz
Andy C

Post by Andy C »

I really think Zinc should be allowed to play.

- Andy C
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Andy C wrote:I really think Zinc should be allowed to play.

- Andy C
:lol:
Admiral Akbar

Post by Admiral Akbar »

Don't let Zinc play. It's a trap!

...set by Brown Alley
IT'S A TRAP!
Amick

Post by Amick »

how can you argue with Andy C???
Hatsudai

Post by Hatsudai »

Amick wrote:how can you argue with Andy C???
Where's argument when you need him?
nic

Post by nic »

admiral akbar lol
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

Direktor wrote:
Lizkins wrote:how and why are they stopping it?
http://melbournebeats.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=200

why thank you Marky Mark 8) :D reading now...
kronz
Location: so a family walks into a talent agent and the talent agent says "what's your act"?

Post by kronz »

Oh the controversy.

Come on let him play. The heads have spoken :-)
GO CATS! GO CATS!
flippo

Post by flippo »

Wanturna RSL called, they wont let Fents play tonight unless someone forks out $50k
calstro

Post by calstro »

Admiral Akbar wrote:Don't let Zinc play. It's a trap!

...set by Brown Alley
lol
Amick

Post by Amick »

flippo wrote:Wanturna RSL called, they wont let Fents play tonight unless someone forks out $50k
huhuhuhuhhuhuhhhuu
Fents

Post by Fents »

flippo wrote:Wanturna RSL called, they wont let Fents play tonight unless someone forks out $50k
:hal :smt031
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

I dont get the problem, zinc signed a contract. End of story.

If he thought maybe he was going to want to spin other places, the contract shouldnt have been exclusive!!! Dont sign it if you dont like it.

BA is the first to get a punch when something disapointing happens, I dont get it. What about touring agents, managers, all that stuff?

And no, he's not the red hot chill peppers, but what does that mean, dnb Dj's contacts arnt as important? Exclusive doesnt really mean that cos he's not a world famous muscian??

Im disapointed the show isnt happening for fans, of cource, thats the music disapointment, but BA shouldnt be copping the brunt of it.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:I dont get the problem, zinc signed a contract. End of story.

If he thought maybe he was going to want to spin other places, the contract shouldnt have been exclusive!!! Dont sign it if you dont like it.

BA is the first to get a punch when something disapointing happens, I dont get it. What about touring agents, managers, all that stuff?

And no, he's not the red hot chill peppers, but what does that mean, dnb Dj's contacts arnt as important? Exclusive doesnt really mean that cos he's not a world famous muscian??

Im disapointed the show isnt happening for fans, of cource, thats the music disapointment, but BA shouldnt be copping the brunt of it.
Well written. And agreed.

I think a lot of people were initially angry and dissapointed that they weren't gonna see Zinc tonight, unfortunately BA was made the scapegoat in this affair.
Feigan

Post by Feigan »

Direktor wrote:
Lil MiSbreaks wrote:I dont get the problem, zinc signed a contract. End of story.

Well written. And agreed.

I think a lot of people were initially angry and dissapointed that they weren't gonna see Zinc tonight, unfortunately BA was made the scapegoat in this affair.
I do like gOats
mobbin'

Post by mobbin' »

oh "shucks" this is all loooking like its going to end like an episode of full house!! good luck to the heirachy. see you all tonight - gonna be phat!! Pce!
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Feigan wrote: I do like gOats
Damn right you do goat boy! :wink:
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

The problem is, BA has NOTHING to lose from Zinc playing at Lounge tonight. This was all announced AFTER the BA gig took place so Lounge are not stealing potential punters from BA. The only reason I can see that BA are doing this is so they can claim to be "Exclusive" (or Xlusive as they put it).

It just seems to me that heads are gonna miss out on some great music just because BA has a sensitive ego.
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Hardy wrote:The problem is, BA has NOTHING to lose from Zinc playing at Lounge tonight. This was all announced AFTER the BA gig took place so Lounge are not stealing potential punters from BA. The only reason I can see that BA are doing this is so they can claim to be "Exclusive" (or Xlusive as they put it).

It just seems to me that heads are gonna miss out on some great music just because BA has a sensitive ego.
as shit as i think the situation is, if this happens every time a big name gets put on at ba -- that they play at lounge for a few bucks a week later -- then all the heads are going to desert ba in bigger numbers than they already have/will because of this.
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

^^^You'll find a large number of the 'headz' went to Skream instead of Zinc anyway (he was playin at Brown Alley after all...)

:teef:
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

Sustain wrote:^^^You'll find a large number of the 'headz' went to Skream instead of Zinc anyway (he was playin at Brown Alley after all...)

you can like music without liking dubstep, y'know. :P
(he says, rinsing a skream mix as he types ...)
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

fooishbar wrote:
Hardy wrote:The problem is, BA has NOTHING to lose from Zinc playing at Lounge tonight. This was all announced AFTER the BA gig took place so Lounge are not stealing potential punters from BA. The only reason I can see that BA are doing this is so they can claim to be "Exclusive" (or Xlusive as they put it).

as shit as i think the situation is, if this happens every time a big name gets put on at ba -- that they play at lounge for a few bucks a week later -- then all the heads are going to desert ba in bigger numbers than they already have/will because of this.

Last week I was really excited at the thought that I would be heading along to see Skream @ Croft en route to Brown Alley to see the both Craze and Zinc.
Some wikkid cooperation between crews/ venues/ promoters saw set times adjusted to facilitate this arrangement for heads that were keen on pub stepping, hip hopping and rinsing out to drum'n'bass (max props for communicating and what not)

Unfortunately it came to pass that circumstances beyond the control of the promoters ultimately prevented me going out that nite.
Disappointment would be seriously understating the emptiness and pain I wallowed in over the course of the rest of the weekend.

Fast forward a little into this weeks announcement, and I could barely contain myself when I found out about this magical opportunity that was going to allow me to simultaneously catch my fave all time producer, Krust and step back in the time machine and relive sets I missed on by Skream and Zinc.

I don't want to well on what could of been for 2 weeks in a row, so I'm gonna get blitzed and rock out to Skream and then Krust and hopefully suffer some sort of alcoholic blackout that permanently removes any thought, commiserations, or sorrow that I won't actually get to see what's his name. Is Fents playing? Hopefully I'll run into Hooves or big up him whilst he's getting amongst it on the turnies. Bah. Woot. Yeah boy.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

Sorry guys I have tried everything at my disposal today, and I actually achieved something but the end result is not Zinc playing at Lounge tonight.

We did get a reduction in the fee and rung around as many sponsors/people we could find to pay for that fee but we had no luck.

I hope everyone still has an awesome night and if I make it down please dont beat me up.. I Tried!!!!! honest

I feel like staring a new forum www.melbournebeatupbrownalley.com.au to get these discussions (valid or not) off this site in an effort to try and keep it positive!
Last edited by ShiKung on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

ShiKung wrote:Sorry guys I have tried everything at my disposal today, and I actually achieved something but the end result is not Zinc playing at Lounge tonight.

We did get a reduction in the fee and rung around as many sponsors/people we could find to pay for that fee but we had no luck.

I hope everyone still has an awesome night and if I make it down please dont beat me up.. I Tried!!!!! honest

I feel like staring a new forum www.melbournebeatupbrownalley.com.au to get these discussions (valid or not) off this site. Try and keep it positive!
STACKS ON SHIKUNG AT THE BAR!!!!

Lindemon

Post by Lindemon »

I'm gonna get torched for this but, I can't hang onto my 2c any longer..

Drum & Bass... bah!
I used to like it until I came to Melburn..

You guys 'Hero-worship' intl. DJ's as bad as trance heads do Armin, or Tiesto
& you take it far too seriously..
It's fuckin pathetic...

It's like your moist just knowing he's in town..
Get over it, he's a person, who may or may not play records for a brief period of the day..
But guess what? there's another day happening tomorrow... & possibly again after that...

pfft
"Don't you EVER interrupt me when I'm talking to myself..."
Sustain

Post by Sustain »

^OMFG SACRILIGE :teef:
PahMaLa

Post by PahMaLa »

Booo Brown Alley stinks

get it, BROWN alley hahahaha

sorry...

Hey look ----> :teef:
factory worker

Post by factory worker »

Lindemon wrote:I'm gonna get torched for this but, I can't hang onto my 2c any longer..

Drum & Bass... bah!

It's fuckin pathetic...

Get over it, he's a person, who may or may not play records for a brief period of the day..
But guess what? there's another day happening tomorrow... & possibly again after that...

pfft
I wouldn't waste 30 seconds of my precious Bic flame on a comment like that.
The best way to cure a broken heart is to give the pieces away
sweetcheeks

Post by sweetcheeks »

Lindemon wrote:I'm gonna get torched for this but, I can't hang onto my 2c any longer..

Drum & Bass... bah!

It's fuckin pathetic...

pfft
that attitude isnt relative to melbourne only. where are you from then? cairns?
flipyourwig

Post by flipyourwig »

Like Red Head Kingpin use to say,
"Do The Right Thing!"
FliPYoURWiG goes BALLISTIC! Sat_16 _Sept
Sholtzy, Lex, Dr Gonzo, Factory Worker, B-rad, Ayna, 6'6", Black Sand.
10pm-6am:$10/$7 @791 Sydney Road, Melburn.
---------------------------------------------------
FLAMING WAX - Sat_30_Sept
cha_chaos

Post by cha_chaos »

I dont see why drum and bass should be prevented from spreading. This is an awesome opportunity and it should be used so that Melbourne DnB can spread.

Why waste this?

The rubber plant was surprised. If the rubber plant could have spoken, it wouldn't have said anything. That's how surprised the rubber plant was.
sneaky hands

Post by sneaky hands »

skream and krust was still a pretty fucken awesome proposition.
sneaky flow like cash flow
on the first of the month
for broke cats that's thirst for the blunt
lucas
emission reductionist

Post by lucas »

I've had a few requests to close this thread. Also, considering this gig was last night this thread is now redundant.

Happy Friday all! :)
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King Jr.