The institution of marriage...

For all your off topic conversation requirements. No posts about gigs please, use the Music forum. As usual, no "NSFW" material, keep it clean.
mr lob

The institution of marriage...

Post by mr lob »

marriage

is it antiquated?

quaint?

do you recommend it?

does it interfere with your clubbing abilities?

soon I will be trying this on for the rest of me life so need some advice ala mb :roll:
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

Old fashioned. But kind'a cool.

:smt052
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

u poor dude
ur so confused over the thought of marriage that uve resorted to a melbourne beats post like this?

ARE YOU INSANE?!

:lol:
you know i love you guys, whatever you to need to do to express ur love for each other, go do it... we should all be so fucking lucky to find our soul mate like u have
http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar
Andrez

Post by Andrez »

...heh-heh... well said!

:wink:
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

Ides-GotFunk? wrote:u poor dude
ur so confused over the thought of marriage that uve resorted to a melbourne beats post like this?

ARE YOU INSANE?!

you know i love you guys, whatever you to need to do to express ur love for each other, go do it... we should all be so fucking lucky to find our soul mate like u have
yep I'm insane, just was having a laugh and thought I would let others in on it.

I'm very happy Ides don't worry, not confused at all :lol:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

me thinks someone has cold feet if they posting a thread about it!

not personally for me....until the boy asks me anyways :P :lol:

go for it matey, if you thinking about it, sounds like you keen on the idea.

just discuss the partying and such things if you think it will be an issue before you get hitched or whatever.....one would presume you and your (i presume) gorgeous girl would be living together already yeah? so you would have a pretty good idea how things are anyways yeah? but anyways, talk it out, and at least it won't be a big issue down the track...or an unexpected one for either party.

Good luck Mr Lob :D
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

Lizkins wrote:me thinks someone has cold feet if they posting a thread about it!

not personally for me....until the boy asks me anyways :P :lol:

go for it matey, if you thinking about it, sounds like you keen on the idea.

just discuss the partying and such things if you think it will be an issue before you get hitched or whatever.....one would presume you and your (i presume) gorgeous girl would be living together already yeah? so you would have a pretty good idea how things are anyways yeah? but anyways, talk it out, and at least it won't be a big issue down the track...or an unexpected one for either party.

Good luck Mr Lob :D
cheers lizkins thought I would get insulted, abused and also offered great advice that's why I luv mb and put in my post.

nah totally happy with our choice, thanks again :D
Ides-GotFunk?

Post by Ides-GotFunk? »

mr lob wrote:
Ides-GotFunk? wrote:u poor dude

ARE YOU INSANE?!

yep I'm insane, just was having a laugh and thought I would let others in on it.

I'm very happy Ides don't worry, not confused at all :lol:

are you getting a pre-nup :?:

http://www.myspace.com/got_funk

Feb 15 (07)::FK5 vs THUNDERBALL
Nov 24 (07)::REPHRASE

27 DEC :: MBBB returns!!!
MAR 2010 :: WMC USA :D

ides :smt055 parov stelar
ShiKung

Post by ShiKung »

I reckon no one believes in the sanctity of marriage any more.

Thats why people can get married now days.

No one expects it to work under the old traditional values (Get house/mortgage/kids/dog etc.) so they are actually prepared to take a risk get married and do it their own way.

I think its great and it would be even better if homosexuals could do it!!

Go for it, do it your own way!
Charlie73
Location: Somewhere between South @ North.... Melbourne that is

Post by Charlie73 »

If it works for ya.... do it

but just don't let that little bit of paper change your situation....

For me I am not bothered either way, I love my boy and as long as he knows it that is all i care about.......

people can fall into the trap of getting married then putting unrealistic (and unneccesarry) expectations and roles onto each other.... You fell in love for a reason so let that reason shine through....
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

thanks guys good for the positivity!

no prenups got nuthin to lose!
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Charlie's hit it on the head me thinks.

(congrats by the way Mr Lob, I didn't know :oops: )

Marriage is different things to different people. I'm afraid that these days it's so easily dissolved that some people treat it like asprin. Celebs even use it to get media attention (look at Pammy & Kid Rock for heavens sake...3 weddings and a divorce in as many months, it's pathetic).

But some people do it for the right reasons and come hell or high water, they stick with it. I believe people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. If you've found that lifetime kind of girl, then I applaud your decision to lock it in Larry. :wink:

Big ups and good luck :D
Only the meek get pinched...the bold survive
deviant

Post by deviant »

Don't worry Pauly, they'll change the law to include you one day :teef:
flippo

Post by flippo »

one day the sun will swallow the earth
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

deviant wrote:Don't worry Pauly, they'll change the law to include you one day :teef:
:lol: :? :lol: :shock: :lol:
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

The Mixtress wrote:Charlie's hit it on the head me thinks.

(congrats by the way Mr Lob, I didn't know :oops: )

Marriage is different things to different people. I'm afraid that these days it's so easily dissolved that some people treat it like asprin. Celebs even use it to get media attention (look at Pammy & Kid Rock for heavens sake...3 weddings and a divorce in as many months, it's pathetic).

But some people do it for the right reasons and come hell or high water, they stick with it. I believe people come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. If you've found that lifetime kind of girl, then I applaud your decision to lock it in Larry. :wink:

Big ups and good luck :D
thanks for takin the time...it's locked and loaded, Chiang Mai, Thailand July 15, any djs and party peeps wanna fly in and party with us Thai Stylee, you're welcome :wink:
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

awww sweet....

can you teach my boy Mr Lob? :lol: he asked me to marry him, but it was April Fools and he burst in to laughter....mostly cos i looked scared shitless when he asked :oops:
The Perpetual One

Post by The Perpetual One »

Big ups fella!

I think people who undertake that kinda commitment in this day and age are blessed..
I love you like fat kid love cake

http://www.myspace.com/pmpjumpoff
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

Lizkins wrote:awww sweet....

can you teach my boy Mr Lob? :lol: he asked me to marry him, but it was April Fools and he burst in to laughter....mostly cos i looked scared shitless when he asked :oops:
will give it a try but not sure he'll listen :?
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

The Perpetual One wrote:Big ups fella!

I think people who undertake that kinda commitment in this day and age are blessed..
yeah took me a long time to get round to it and understand it, but real keen now.

gots me a wonderful friend till da end. kind of corny and old skool but true for me anyways :)
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

mr lob wrote:
Lizkins wrote:awww sweet....

will give it a try but not sure he'll listen :?

just joking around :wink:
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

I keep meaning to ask my wife to marry me one of these days. Maybe if we have a third child or something...

:teef:
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

once believed in it,
now am not so sure

I might give in and play the game down the road
Right now I'm playing another

Baby want to pimp my ride?
Pimp my ride.

Congrats Lob. You are the pimp of the ride. Audrey's got a good man and she is a remarkable woman.

mij

Post by mij »

Congrats Lobman! have no fear or doubt ! you will know youre self if the lady is right for you! me thinks you already knows! as for partying, vows or certificates don"t stop it. attitudes towards partying stop it, if you want it to ! further down the track, having kids can certainly change your partying habits but, theres still plenty opportunities for hangovers! myself 12 years on , would'nt want it any other way ! big ups my man! i'll try to catch you before chrissy! :rr:
mij

Post by mij »

Tanx Sea, it's not marriage, it's the great chick ya need! marriage or not doesn't really matter! suit your self i guess ? :rr:
quick

Post by quick »

I'd love too one day fo sure... 8)
I kissed a squirrel and I liked it... taste of her acorn chapstick
universal sea

Post by universal sea »

I think I said Mij did a fairly respectable job of his own in finding a partner... and seem to have clicked on the delete post button.

Cool marriages man...
mij

Post by mij »

Hey Sea, sorry i missed yr gig the other week, just couldn't get there! As for Quick i dont think we've met but there plenty of fantastic ladies in melb, i think in my case it was blind luck ! me being lucky her being blind! :rr:
mrj

Post by mrj »

I think marriage is a great institutuion.

But I don't think I'm quite ready to be institutionalised.
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.
Fents

Post by Fents »

Call me old fashion, but to me marriage means a shitload of great things.

1. Finding your soulmate

2. Procreating and bringing kids into this world and raising them the best way you can and giving them the best headstart in life you can.

3. Spending the rest of your life with the one you love, growing old and grey together sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs (shotgun optional) talking about "when i was a kid" stories.

4. Knowing that you have found the one, never cheating on that one, and caring for that one through sickness, health and death.

Personally i cannot wait!

Sept 27th 2007 for us.

Fenton Loves Rachel 4 eva!
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

Got married 8 months ago, was an awesome party and very emotional ceremony for me. I love being married and i think it's really cool my wife and I have the same name.

We have a whole lot of cool presents and we got to see a bunch of friends and family that we hadn't seen for years (5 years in some intstances) and they all got to meet each other.

I'm damn sure that my wife is the person i want to be with for the rest of my life and there is no-one that could possibly be better for me. And being married makes life a lot easier in terms of joint accounts, travelling, inquiring about bills and stuff and aussie citizenship or EU visa's.

I think it's wicked, but i was hella nervous before hand, now I'm so glad we got married, go for it Mr Lob. 8)
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
Fents

Post by Fents »

Your wedding was dope bro!

Taz and yourself are soooo suited for each other its not funny.
cj the taniwha

Post by cj the taniwha »

i think you have done very very well for yourself too Fentone, you are a top bloke and Rach is awesome too. I really dig your motivation for getting married too and look forward to our kids wrecking havoc together some time.
Back from the desert to stir things up a little :)
gnat

Post by gnat »

mrj wrote:I think marriage is a great institutuion.

But I don't think I'm quite ready to be institutionalised.
:smt043

Aww, Fents. Old fashioned boys always win in the end :smt058
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Double D

Post by Double D »

Congrats Lob.

You´re a brave man.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

Fents wrote:Call me old fashion, but to me marriage means a shitload of great things.

1. Finding your soulmate

2. Procreating and bringing kids into this world and raising them the best way you can and giving them the best headstart in life you can.

3. Spending the rest of your life with the one you love, growing old and grey together sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs (shotgun optional) talking about "when i was a kid" stories.

4. Knowing that you have found the one, never cheating on that one, and caring for that one through sickness, health and death.

Personally i cannot wait!

Sept 27th 2007 for us.

Fenton Loves Rachel 4 eva!
Fents, omg. Reading that gave me a tearie.

:smt049

Marriage is old fashioned, but somewhere along the way old fashioned became uncool :? and underated.

Too many people do it just 'cos' which in the end takes the piss out of something that is essentially beautiful and should be a lot more respected than it is.
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

My sister got married on what seemed like a whim. Invited the immediate fambo for a lunch and we kinda suspected they'd announce an engagement. At the end of the lunch when nothing was said we all kinda thought 'maybe we're wrong'. Then Chryss says 'so, we're going across the street to Treasury Place to get married, who wants to come?'

It was awesome :D
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote: Too many people do it just 'cos' which in the end takes the piss out of something that is essentially beautiful and should be a lot more respected than it is.

:scr1pt:

Times change, people change - and society changes...

I read something on the weekend like almost 50% of marriages fail these days. That definately adds weight to your statement there LMB.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

I am not married.

But i think i would only ever pop the question once the relationship reached a stage where i was sure the other person was my life partner. Would have to of been through some hard arse shit and proven our worth to each other in some serious ways for me to ask someone to share their life with me.
mr lob

Post by mr lob »

wow, wow, wow, wicked stuff here guys!

good to see that such an old fashioned institution like marriage comes highly recommended and has been updated to suit mb heads :wink:

cheers for takin the time everyone, been a pleasure reading this so far.

dnb heads declaring their love online, yeah :shock:
Friday

Post by Friday »

i don't reckon people take it more lightly these days... well some do i'm sure like pammy and kid rock.

i think a lot of it is that if it does break down it's a lot more acceptable in today's society. where as back in the day a lot of people stayed in very unhappy marriages because they would be shunned if they were seperated / divorced - by religion and by general culture at the time.

it's horrible to think of woman staying with physically abusive partners or putting up with cheating just 20 years ago because of the way they'd be viewed by others if they left. not to say that doesn't still happen but hopefully it's reduced...

anyway that aside. i reckon marriage is awesome. i got married about 1.5 years ago an highly recommend it :smt023

i don't reckon it should really change anything in your relationship other than the deep warm fuzzy feeling you have when you look at your partner and know that they have the same hopes and dreams for sharing your lives together that you feel. it's nice to be able to look at them and KNOW that you've both made that commitment to each other based on the love you feel.
:smt060
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

congrats mr lob!
and fents, you are so sweet and glowing!~

i have been asked to marry three guys > but only for my passport. phht.

my folks are one of the only happily married parent couples i know, thirty years and counting, still slappin each other on the arses and being silly.

i have a lot to live up to.....

reading the comments on here is both reassuring and beautiful.

i have been saying for a while that me and my kitty will probably end up spinsters, but i do really hope thats not the case.
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Until the end of the 60's to get a divorce

A Man had to prove his wive was cheating

A Woman had to prove her husband was cheating AND physical abuse was taking place.

A lot of maids made some good money by posing for photos with spouses to settle divorces.
witty_pseudonym

Post by witty_pseudonym »

this thread has renewed my faith in matromony.

beautiful sentiments from everyone. :smt049
gnat

Post by gnat »

DBoy wrote:Would have to of been through some hard arse shit and proven our worth to each other in some serious ways for me to ask someone to share their life with me.
script to that d.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
mixtress

Post by mixtress »

Personally, I've never wanted to tie the knot. I always thought that a simple piece of paper wasn't going to assure me my man was faithful. I always thought it was just a legality...considering if you're de facto for 6 months you still have the right to claim half of everything should things fall foul.

But I'm beginning to see the romantic side of it. In this day and age, I figured I could never find a love like the one my parents found but I reckon if my boy asked me now, I might just consider it :oops:
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

i think friday hit the nail on the head
you look at your partner and know that they have the same hopes and dreams for sharing your lives together that you feel.
i'm not married but i do think there is value in it - and i think when you're ready for it it make sense.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

No doubt about it at all...

MY WIFE MAKES ME A BETTER PERSON!!!

I joke a lot, but I'd hate to see where I'd be right now if I hadn't found the one. My two boys are the icing on the cake.

8)
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

obliveus wrote:No doubt about it at all...

I joke a lot, but I'd hate to see where I'd be right now if I hadn't found the one. My two boys are the icing on the cake.

8)
awwww Ob1..... :smt057

Thats beautiful. As are you and your family.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
obliveus wrote:No doubt about it at all...

8)
awwww Ob1..... :smt057

Thats beautiful. As are you and your family.
:oops:
:D