Live-ready tunes

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
Stray

Live-ready tunes

Post by Stray »

http://www.dancetracksdigital.com/

Dancetracks Digital and Ableton are proud to offer Live-Ready tracks for digital download. Live-Ready tracks have been pre-analyzed for use with Ableton's award winning Live software. All sample settings have been pre-adjusted, and tempo information and warp markers have been added, so you can start playing them right away, all in perfect sync.
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

god now we have to be weary of the tool who gets a copy of ableton, downloads these tracks, works out the crossafder in live and starts to call himself a DJ

I personally think this is wrong.... really wrong

next there will be a website you tell them what tracks you want mixed they will do the mix and send you an .als file

you load it up and stand there waving to the crowd liek a tool - "look at me I am a DJ"

:cry: i get sad when i think about the new generation of DJ's coming thru
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

^^ just wanted to add i was aware this was coming - so no great shock... but I just still cant get past using ableton soley to DJ with...

as an add on (sampler) - yes, or for live use of your own music - yes

but standing there using a program that beat matches for you makes me cringe.

sorry i know i go on and on about this - I will stop now....promise
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

no do go on
flippo

Post by flippo »

LuKo wrote:next there will be a website you tell them what tracks you want mixed they will do the mix and send you an .als file
sweet, then we wont even have to worry about DJs. Request your fav tracks upon entry to the club, club owners/promoters have their input. Even get shit sent in direct from Record companies, certain genres etc. Add some smart randomness to the mix, Bohyah.

Have a screen that tells you what track is playing, people take note for next time to request it.

sick :)
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

LOL!! @ fliipo

funny thing is most of the commercial population would embrace this :roll:

they'd love it even more if it showed the next tune about to come on, so they could run off and get their friends in time :lol:

never ceases to amaze when someone does that, they request a track then if you say yes its like:

"OMG OMG OMG, can you just wait till i go get all my friends so we can dance to it, hold on I'll be righjt back"

the nights I am feeling like a c*nt its extra funny to drop it before they get to their friends and then watch them scramble, nearly falling over people knocking drinks...just generally being the arse of the club
Luka

Post by Luka »

i spose the commerical market of djs might have to worry about this, but otherwise it doesnt really matter too much

its not like you buy this and instantly get gigs, you are still going to have to be booked by someone and that is based on you cred
problem child
messycreations
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

true mate, but just like cdj's and serato / final scratch before it

'eventually' it will become accepted, ie the new skool promoters as the generations go thru, people will hold onto the old skool ethos less and less

well i hope not

personally i felt like cdj's and serato where on par with the concept, however I feel ableton as a sole DJ tool , and selling warp ready tracks is a step in the wrong direction.

just my opinion tho

.... fark me , maybe I am old skool :shock: :lol:
Last edited by LuKo on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoundationStepper

Post by FoundationStepper »

you clearly are old school, just look at your analog vu meter...
Stray

Post by Stray »

LuKo wrote:LOL!! @ fliipo

funny thing is most of the commercial population would embrace this :roll:

they'd love it even more if it showed the next tune about to come on, so they could run off and get their friends in time :lol:

never ceases to amaze when someone does that, they request a track then if you say yes its like:

"OMG OMG OMG, can you just wait till i go get all my friends so we can dance to it, hold on I'll be righjt back"

the nights I am feeling like a c*nt its extra funny to drop it before they get to their friends and then watch them scramble, nearly falling over people knocking drinks...just generally being the arse of the club
LOL you play requests!

:shock: :wink:
flippo

Post by flippo »

thing is im kinda serious. Why not?
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

hehe yup! :lol: i do the draw the line where it needs to be drawn tho :wink:

really only 1 out of my 3 regulars I get to play what I want :(

Flippo: sorry mate thought you were taking the piss along with me ;)

I think there were would be alot of outta work DJ's, etc... I know a couple of people who DJ for a living....the lazy bastards...it would affect them

maybe not for clubs, but maybe the local pub, it'd be nice to go to the local, eneter a few track names into a screen, and sit back and listen to your tunes and enjoy a beer and a chat with a mate, hmm they already have jukeboxes tho... the tracks are too old, they should bring out new age jukeboxes that have internet connections, you pay then you can surf for your track always being able to get the one your after - that'd be cool
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

I don't really see a problem with them doing this at all. The thing with DJing is that you can do a hell of a lot of offline preparation to make your life while DJing live easier, eg. knowing BPM + key of all your tracks, having them organised efficiently, even writing down the pitch % you need to set the turntables at etc, and that'll probably get you through a few gigs, but much like everything else in life, what separates the men from the boys is being able to handle when things don't exactly go as planned (ie different equipment, reacting to the crowd, technical troubles, misplacing a record etc).
flippo

Post by flippo »

ac23 wrote:
flippo wrote:
thing is im kinda serious. Why not?
Why not get them to write the tunes for you aswell?
who knows what the future might bring Steve. Robots take over :lol:
LuKo

Post by LuKo »

a1studmuffin wrote:but much like everything else in life, what separates the men from the boys is being able to handle when things don't exactly go as planned (ie different equipment, reacting to the crowd, technical troubles, misplacing a record etc).
yeah I gotta agree there ... your right :wink:
deviant

Post by deviant »

anyone heard that somputer program that was written a while ago that could write new "mozart" tunes at the push of a button?

:shock:
a1studmuffin

Post by a1studmuffin »

Dude, Mozart was a robot. You didn't get that memo?
flippo

Post by flippo »

I'm just stirring by the way guys ;).
mrj

Post by mrj »

Biftek wrote: Machines can do the work. So that people have time to think
He's climbing in your windows, he's snatching your people up.