buying gear overseas

Tips, hints, help, tech support, setups, systems and all things related to making phat beats. Post your latest production for all to hear & review. Or quiz the resident nerds about that tech problem you just can't figure out.
spiral

buying gear overseas

Post by spiral »

with AU$ strong & US$ piss weak atm..prices look good for buying stuff from US..just wondering how many ppl buy stuff from o/s?
aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic »

I was considering getting my Novation X-station from overseas but decided not to, Lucky for me I bought it here because its shit itself twice. Two different problems and both problems fixed here in Austrlia for free by the Aus distributor. Just needed proof that I bought it here in Aus. If i had of bought it overseas then I would have been up shit creek without a paddle as the Aus distributor doesnt repair unless bought in Australia. If its electronics, id stay clear...

Anything else like software, sample CDs etc etc thats downloadable i think is safe enough.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

aerobiotic wrote:I was considering getting my Novation X-station from overseas but decided not to, Lucky for me I bought it here because its shit itself twice. Two different problems and both problems fixed here in Austrlia for free by the Aus distributor. Just needed proof that I bought it here in Aus. If i had of bought it overseas then I would have been up shit creek without a paddle as the Aus distributor doesnt repair unless bought in Australia. If its electronics, id stay clear...

Anything else like software, sample CDs etc etc thats downloadable i think is safe enough.
:scr1pt:

Benefits of buying locally:
1. Advice (if you go to a reputable dealer)
2. Warranty, warranty, warranty... if nothing else for piece of mind.
3. Support your local music industry.
4. No problems with freight or importing.

Benefits of buying o/s:
1. Cost.