Lounge celebrates 20 years of Music - Jan 16th 'n' 17th

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
gaffa101

Lounge celebrates 20 years of Music - Jan 16th 'n' 17th

Post by gaffa101 »

LOUNGE CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF DANCE MUSIC

“Lounge is turning 20!!! After opening in 1989 we are proud to invite you to our 20th Birthday celebrations. And to mark the occasion we will be having a non-stop party Upstairs from Saturday the 16th January all the way through till the end of Sunday the 17th Jan. Featuring some of the best DJs from the past and present playing NON - STOP for 2 days, representing the past 20 years club nights at Lounge”.
“DJs:- Boogs, Luke Mc D, Dave Pham, Nick Thayer + N’Fa, Agent 86, Kiti, Matty Radovitch, Nic Coleman, Darren Coburn, T-Rek, Nadine, PCP, Mark Anthony, Citizen.com, Matty Blades, Flip, JD, Shifty Sly, Snowie and many more.”

20th Birthday Details:-

Lounge has reached a high note in the Melbourne clubbing scene. Being one of the longest running venues in the heart of the CBD since ‘89, Lounge has been dishing out great food, snacks and drinks while also providing Melbourne’s Party people with the most upfront dance music sounds, supplied by some of the best local bands and DJs, and some of the biggest internationals acts in the scene.
Here is just a taste of what the ‘vault of the past’ brings up at Lounge.. (Can you remember losing it to one of these parties?)
Freestylers (UK),
DJ Storm (UK),
Friendly (UK),
Norman Jay (UK),
Dave Angel
Edge,
Christopher Lawrence,
DJ Lenny Dee,
Ronny Jordan,
Corduroy,
Renegade Soundwave,
DJ Colin Dale,
Spearhead,
Gil Scott Heron,
DJ Claude Young,
Jeff Buckley,
Gilles Peterson,
The Psychonauts,
I:Cube,
DJ Q-Bert,
Mad Professor,
Groove Diggerz,
JHz,
Baobinga and ID ,
Antiform ,
Opiuo,
Adsorb (UK),
Cut Copy
Soul of Man
The Nextmen
DJ Young Einstein from Ugly Duckling
Nitin Sawnhey
Marky
Bryan G
Breakage
Thomas Schumacher
Tayo
10 Sui
Jesper Dahlbeck
Joel Mull
J Majik
Groove Armada
Danny McMillan
DJ Hyper
Stereo 8
John Stapleton
NuBreed
DJ SS
Storm
Trace
Doc Scott
Fierce
Moving Fusion

Coco butter – Kano, Taxi,
Poetry readings
Live movies/viewing SFX
Cabaret and performance arts
and many many more.

The long (and sometimes blurry) past of the Lounge can also be attributed to the large list of promoters and DJs who have been involved in making some of the most iconic nights in Melbourne. Remember Filter, Wednesday nights? It was one of the longest running Techno nights in the southern hemisphere. What about Loose Fit or Elect which seen Boogs, one of Melblournes most respected DJs, hold a residency for nearly 16 years.
Purveyours, ran by DJ Ranson held on for ~ 8 years

So now that we are turning 20 its time to party like it was 1989 all over again. So dust off those old skaters, bring out those hypothermal T-shirts, and get involved with the crude past that has made up Lounges record books for the past 20 years. To mark the special occasion we are planning a 2 day party from 8 pm on Saturday 16th January all the way through to 10pm and beyond on Sunday 17th January.

So that means 2 days of NON STOP partying with Lounge’s best DJs.

Highlights of the Birthday include:-
• Set by Lounge's longest runing DJ resident - Boogs
• Set by one of Melbournes biggest and most respected international
Breaks producers - Nick Thayer. With VERY special guest MC
N'Fa from 1200 Techniques!!
• Set by SMASH BANG live (one of Lounges resident LIVE acts)
• Music styles also include those from nights hosted at Lounge like:- Filter,
Loose Fit, Purveyours, Sneaky, Roxy, Combine, Slap, Inner City Trash, Turn up,
Out of Order, Smash Bang, Elect, Candy Store, Bass Camp, Bambaataa and
\many more.
• 20th Birthday prizes and giveaways for all happy party goers
• Drink specials on the day.
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Sat 8 - Lounge Boat Party
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

+ Rock Like This BOAT PARTY/ Strawberry fields / TRIBE NYD

CITIZEN.COM FREE music:-
http://soundcloud.com/citizen-com/
dust

Re: Lounge celebrates 20 years of Music - Jan 16th 'n' 17th

Post by dust »

Oh i will definitely drop in for this. I started my clubbing life sneaking into Purveyors when i was like 17 with my sisters ID.

And had a residency there for a year on Thursday nights. Many many messy nights spent there!

Good work Lounge, happy birthday.
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

Ith your sisters ID!! ....lol...
How the hell did you pull that off????
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

obliveus

Post by obliveus »

I reckon I still get pissed just walking along Swanston...from the vibe!

:oops:

:D

Big ups 20 years!!!
wizzle-wazzle

Post by wizzle-wazzle »

Ah memories:
-Smoky late night Motive sets at Soulaar - Does anyone remember the Rinse Out Ring? That was fun.
-Rolling spliffs on the table on the balcony with only the threat of a bouncer asking for a toke.
-Having to squint my eyes to make myself look more like the person in my fake ID to get into club Filter
-Getting the shit eyefucked out of me at around hour 5 of a Boogs loose fit set
-Ben Shepherd's Friday breaks night before breaks became prog
-Countless sets from internationals for only a tenner
-And many more that I can't remember

Thanks Lounge
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

Massive.

My first lounge experience was midweek school night - Filter. I was still at school at the time. First the dude who I was with said we had to drop off at what was then called Cage, now Roxannes - it was closed but a few guys were messing around on the decks. I was in awe instantly. They then took me to Filter - what a night I had. Went straight to the school the next morning from memory with very little sleep.

When I first went to Purveyors I had heard very little music like it. I was so lucky to have older mates show me the different styles and teach me about the tunes. When I first heard Ransom and I think Jnett back then? Lost my shiz - loved the broken beats. Still went to both Filter and Perveyors for most of my teen years. Have got a Filter bday CD somewhere (with the green cover) with Honeysmack's 8min version of Walking on Acid and other Melbourne gold live acid tunes on there.

Then there were the Nick and Ben years. Later down the track but it was a golden era of breaks in Melbourne. Three regular friday night breaks clubs to choose from and bounce between, inevitably with a Lounge session in there.

Lounge has always supported music I love - and was doing it before many many others. Not to mention the many of boozed up Friday lunch parma sessions.

Big ups Lounge and all who have worked, performed and played in your walls. Cheers.
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

When Zinc played hehe
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Im not even sure what to say.

but the institution survives!

:lol:

and there is a lot to be said for the awesome crews & internationals over the years.
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Spearhead played the Lounge?

Yep... many goodtimes @ Lounge. And one particular bad time when I actually when blind (temporarily).

Had been smoking joints with the missus and Fents out on the balcony, and for some reason my vision completely departed me for a solid and scary 10mins. Could not see a thing... Have never had this happen before or since. Had to sit down and ride it out. Goodtimes.
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

^^^^^^^^^

:shock:
WOW.. Serious??? Shit man... That is weird.. Maybe some of the sweat from the old balconey roof landed in your eye.. causing temp. blindness.
I remember many tinmes sitting out there watching it drip from the roof onto peoples heads and into their drinks..
Halarious.. Luckly the new balconey prevents this..
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

Andrez

Post by Andrez »

Ye gods. 20 years. Way cool. Congrats indeed!

This got me reminiscing...

Back in the mid to late '90s the highlights for me at Filter were internationals like Biochip C (who intentionally cleared the floor!), Jammin' Unit, his brother Can Oral (these days better known as Captain Comatose), Dave Angel, and Claude Young.

Then there were the live local acts tearing things up: Voiteck, Zen Paradox, Blimp, Son Of Zev, Krang, Honeysmack, Graham Mono, Soulenoid vs Guyver 3, Hi-Fli, etc, etc.
Even to date it was one of the best places in the world I ever DJ'd at and played live in.

:angel9:
FliP

Post by FliP »

so many good nights at lounge :D

gonna be a big wekeend.. !
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

ah lounge so many memories spanning so many years.

- going to filter when i was at uni on a wednesday. in its prime jeez it was a heaving sweaty mass of people. the thing about filter that was reasonably unique was the crowd were very tolerant and open musically ... the likes of soulenoid and voiteck would play some reasonably out there stuff when they played live and people took it for what it was. even towards the end filter was strong and had some really excellent nights - some of the xmas night gigs were just monsters and i think jason rudeboy did an amazing job pushing new talent and diverse DJs which Filter did from start to end - all kinds of music were played there from techno to house to breaks to proper electro.

- purveyors. when i was 18-20ish i thought purveyors was the coolest shit ever. I think at this time Ransom was easily the best DJ in Melbourne and the people involved were just creative and did cool stuff and you wanted to be in that room. Some great intls but Purveyors was always about Ransom and the locals.

- Soulaar. Great time musically and some awesome gigs. Steve Boemo and Dan Feary are just a great creative guys who wanted to put on really good shows with good artwork and good lights and good sound and good support DJs and cool visuals and good people. I always liked everything about soulaar from the flyers to the logo to the CDs (some really amazing Soulaar CDs - if you don't have them try and get them) and the guests ... Steve and Dan are undoubtedly 2 of the more honourable promoters i've met and dealt with. Highlights for me were Marky - and the Made in Melbourne doco premiere which was just a fkn cool night with a really good feel in the room. I also liked 40Hz (and Realtime too - how cool were those posters in Jolimont railyard) and Blazin (Tim and Fents - great dudes ... Tim Schumann = fkn legend)

- Out of order. Lot's of fun and like D pointed out loads of great choice for breaks in Melbourne at this time. In hindsight I used to get worked up about Fractured competing against OOO a bit which was silly looking back - ultimately for the music lover the choice was great and we both lived and died by the quality of the nights we'd put on. I really look back on the early/mid 00's fondly with breaks - some amazing 33 and a 1/3 gigs at the prince (again - cool djs, cool artwork, cool people) and Fractured had some monsters. Plus things like beats working and other gigs at the Laundry (which had a lot of breaks around this time), plus the Futurebreaks parties and breaks rooms at things like Summadayze/Slinky/Two Tribes with ppl like Me, Nick, Keltec, Lynt, Mangan etc ... no shortage of things to do. Nick has kept the flag flying and has done all the things I thought he would when I first heard his demo almost 10 years ago and was like - what is this!!!!

- Boogs. When I started there in 2001 we were doing a night called Compound with Boogs and spacey and it was tanking bad. It was the replacement for Purveyors so it was always going to struggle. After about 6 months of not being able to move the needle I replaced it with Beatbox which was JRed, Flago, Brand with Boogs closing with disco into house after 3:30am and a few others and it was pretty rockin' for a year there. Problem was a lot of the hip hop heads were mad bogan so we had a lot of trouble, which culminated in a real ugly incident where the bouncers got blindsided and king hit by some beatbox regulars ... too much meth/crack/whatever. Shame as the music was always really party and 90% of the crowd were really cool. Anyway - the decision was made to flick beatbox and give Boogs the whole night as at the time he was starting to get some serious momentum at Revolver and he was well loved by all the staff at Lounge. It just grew and grew and became a monster. Every week the dude would play 8 hrs, then have an hr break then do Revs for 4 hours. Boogs is such a strong DJ - it's easy to flame the guy now cos he's successful but he's successful cos he's good. he could play a 3 hr set of instrumental u/ground hip hop or a set of straight up Detroit or a set of rare disco ... I don't even want to know how many records he has. Plus he was always such a nice guy.

I haven't been in at night for ages as now I'm older and more boring, but still love wandering in during the day and seeing the old faces and looking at the flyers and art on the wall. From what I hear it's still rocking now and has been for ages with Bo at the helm and before her Luke.

Happy birthday Lounge
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

WOW.. now thats a blurb!!
Cheers Ben...
thats a wicked history Lesson!!!
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

FRAKSHA...

Post by FRAKSHA... »

i remember before i moved to Oz when i was just here as a backpacker it was one of the first places i went out to and one of the most memorable for sure...only been in the country a few weeks, met Flagrant and he took me down to that Beatbox night on my 23rd birthday with another english mate. Got absolutely shitfaced on champagne and shots, watched flagrant battling all comers on the balcony which was a pisser cos they were taking it all so seriously and he was just taking the piss (and still winning)! Ended up in Fitzroy somewhere where we decided we should steal a car to get home for some reason so kicked in the side window, jumed in and hot wired it. That was my last memory. Woke up in a Balaclava back street in the drivers seat on my own with the front of the car moulded round a telegraph pole :? got out and ran
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

awww the memories! thanks for posting all this, ben and dboy and others....

i has so many. will have to write a synopsis too.
from moving to melbs as a wide eyed liddle 18 year old and finding filter...to weekly meetings with the bossman for years.
to many years of good times...

my favorite gig while i was there was when skream played at 8pm on a thursday and the place was packed,
the first time i heard dubstep....
my hat was vibrating off my head and i was like 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MUSIC?"

so so many.

also - bigups to the fact that i know more than a few couples who met at Lounge and are now happily married - proof that you can meet 'the one' in a nightclub!

more later...
FRAKSHA...

Post by FRAKSHA... »

ghetto kitty wrote:
also - bigups to the fact that i know more than a few couples who met at Lounge and are now happily married - proof that you can meet 'the one' in a nightclub!

more later...
haha, oh shit how did i forget! I hooked up with someone at Lounge in '03, then took her back to London with me a few weeks later, got married and then eventually came back to Melbourne in '06 ! Not together no more but its the reason i got a visa and ended up here so cheers to the lounge!
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

nice one! well, sorta! hehehe

I think Mr Lob met his lady there too...
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

ghetto kitty wrote:to weekly meetings with the bossman for years..
i think we're on the same page here ... do you mean the Wednesday afternoon meetings? Wow if those walls could talk getting the ownerman, bossman, managermen and managerwomens in the one room around the one table.

I remember very vividly one meeting where I decided I'd question Con ... he got very riled up. After the meeting finished he pulled me outside and said "I was literally seconds from grabbing the seat and smashing your face up with it" ... and he was serious.

I am sure he wasn't the first person who wanted to do that to me, nor the last, but anyone who's met the guy would know he's not someone you want to piss off heh.

another time - when we did made in melbourne and I got flamed bad in the office for the projector being about 10 cm too low. it was like i'd shot the pope the reaction was so heated!
fikuss

Post by fikuss »

yeah happy birthday lounge.

too many memories and good years of my life spent in that place...

started by going in to Filter back in 95 on a wednesday night and having a boogie. aged 15. acid techno. i've got that blue birthday CD too dboy ;)

then skip a few years forward to countless Thursday Soulaar lounge sessions dancing into the early hours before uni the next day. this time really changed my life and saw my love of dnb & jungle sink in right to the bone. yeah midnight in melbourne launch and the night Marky played with Brian G right when the Brazillian thing was taking off were amazing. Also the set that J Majik played right before the Infrastructure album was released (Spaced Invaderz, Solarize) was an absolutely running vibe, not to mention a few Bailey monster sessions there.

I always felt a really close connection with the place and ended up working there for around 3 years, probably due to the fact that they couldn't really get rid of me, promoting with Blaze, Blazin and Hidden Agenda, DJing and just generally dropping in there to what felt like a home in the centre of the city. Working there with Ben, Luke and Bo and running nights alongside my good mates Fents, Keir and Fred among others. Memorable ones during this time were the Light It Up Sessions, countless sets of Sean's that just raised the roof, the Japanese Invasion with DJ Yui (The Rabbit) and MC Cardz, Chris Inperspective, Fabio, and a bunch of other ram jammed nights of mayhem. Loz, Mel Monkey and Frud behind the bar upstairs and never to forget the lovely Cobes, and Oosah downstairs. Costa keeping it real on the door and a host of friends who I met there over the years who I still keep in contact with regularly (too many to name).

Ghetto Kitty, the Skream night you were talking about also had 2 major DnB DJ's playing on the same bill as well!!!! Zinc & Krust if my memory serves me correctly. Massive night showcasing the talent in town thanks to the Red Bull Academy.

Happy Birthday Lounge, I haven't been there at all recently but I always hold a warm spot in my heart for the place. Hopefully I can make it down for the party and bum-rush at least a few tunes. No doubt Kammo will get kicked out for old-times sake.

Big up Lounge, looking forward to the 2-0!
Last edited by fikuss on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

fikuss - J Majik! I had a copy of that set on CD but it got scratched to sh*t and then lost it in the move.

The start was epic - I think he started with the Spaced Invaders remix - wow memories there!
deviant

Post by deviant »

shepherd wrote:do you mean the Wednesday afternoon meetings?
gaffa101 is going to one of those meetings today.
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

Ha ha. .Yes... So so so much fun. I love Wednesdays....
So glad you can al appreciate my love for them too!!!
lol

T-minus 45 mins till meeting begins..
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

Its never him i worry about..
Con is fine..
Is the gremlins im worried about.

lol
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

shepherd wrote:
ghetto kitty wrote:to weekly meetings with the bossman for years..
i think we're on the same page here ... do you mean the Wednesday afternoon meetings? Wow if those walls could talk getting the ownerman, bossman, managermen and managerwomens in the one room around the one table.

I remember very vividly one meeting where I decided I'd question Con ... he got very riled up. After the meeting finished he pulled me outside and said "I was literally seconds from grabbing the seat and smashing your face up with it" ... and he was serious.

I am sure he wasn't the first person who wanted to do that to me, nor the last, but anyone who's met the guy would know he's not someone you want to piss off heh.

another time - when we did made in melbourne and I got flamed bad in the office for the projector being about 10 cm too low. it was like i'd shot the pope the reaction was so heated!
omg yes. I was also told 'I nearly came to your house and smacked you out' once, due to something that was nothing to do with me! but both Costa and I are passionate hotheads so we ended up loving each other a lot. :lol:

quotes to remember - (Chris feel free to pull em all out at once tonight!) Baptism by fire! That old Chestnut! Proof is the the pudding! Are you pissing in my pocket? Winter isnt relevant!
And other such phrases come to mind hehehe

fikuss - Oh i know, but Skream blew my mind so that was the set i will recall forever!

i worked with so many good peoples, on so many good gigs, many of whom i consider good friends now.
too many to mention tbh but shout outs to Kombat Bass, the start of Bass Camp with mister citizen, Smashbang, broken beat box kids, Nigel and Tamara, Thayer and Hibbert, and all the stellar djs who deal with lots of crap playing downstairs, Obliveus, Matt Rad and Snowie!

and - my first day Luke told me to get on MB - so I also have lounge to thank for my forum whoring here bwahahah
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

a few lines i heard a lot

"is that fee delivered"

"if a night is strong people will come along even if it is snowing"

"disappointing"

"a good result but let's see how it goes next week"

"very good"
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

shepherd wrote:- Out of order. Lot's of fun and like D pointed out loads of great choice for breaks in Melbourne at this time. In hindsight I used to get worked up about Fractured competing against OOO a bit which was silly looking back - ultimately for the music lover the choice was great and we both lived and died by the quality of the nights we'd put on. I really look back on the early/mid 00's fondly with breaks - some amazing 33 and a 1/3 gigs at the prince (again - cool djs, cool artwork, cool people) and Fractured had some monsters. Plus things like beats working and other gigs at the Laundry (which had a lot of breaks around this time), plus the Futurebreaks parties and breaks rooms at things like Summadayze/Slinky/Two Tribes with ppl like Me, Nick, Keltec, Lynt, Mangan etc ... no shortage of things to do. Nick has kept the flag flying and has done all the things I thought he would when I first heard his demo almost 10 years ago and was like - what is this!!!!
Out of Order will always be the start of my breaks love :smt007 and for that, Ben and Nick, I really fucking thankyou!! :lol: So many night partying, best being Soul of Man... they had a video camera I beleive and filmed nearly the whole set. Sweat off the roof styles. Twas ace as fuck 8)

Always a challenge playing to the crowd, such different varieties of people, all the time. Great to have a venue that can cater to all. :booty:

Happy Birthday Lounge 8)
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

shepherd wrote:"disappointing"

"very good"
sum total of the highs and lows right there. :lol:

I must admit, I dont miss those meetings one bit!
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
Out of Order will always be the start of my breaks love :smt007 and for that, Ben and Nick, I really fucking thankyou!! :lol: So many night partying, best being Soul of Man... they had a video camera I beleive and filmed nearly the whole set. Sweat off the roof styles. Twas ace as fuck 8)
i remember that night - was awesome fun - justin was filming and i took a heap of pics as did jaleel ... i can't for the life of me remember where they are but they were great and i'm sure they were digital. have to rack the brain!
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

DAM it!!!! Meeting is over, and now after reading this I actualy cant wait for next weeks meeting..

lol
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

same o
peteybear™

Post by same o »

Soul of Man was the first ever club night I went to, think I was 16 or 17.
First time I ever had a pill as well, was great. One of the best nights I have ever had.
Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

shepherd wrote:
Lil MiSbreaks wrote:
i remember that night - was awesome fun - justin was filming and i took a heap of pics as did jaleel ... i can't for the life of me remember where they are but they were great and i'm sure they were digital. have to rack the brain!
Id love to seem em dude if you find em.

Ive got an Out of Order poster i remembered last night too. Was such a loved up E fucker, I had it signed one night. Inclusive of Thayer and Ben, and even had the poor Manager at Lounge sign it! :oops: Someone was a bit keen :lol:

Good times.

Petey, I remember that night.... awesome. :mrgreen:
ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

Lil MiSbreaks wrote: Ive got an Out of Order poster i remembered last night too. Was such a loved up E fucker, I had it signed one night. Inclusive of Thayer and Ben, and even had the poor Manager at Lounge sign it! :oops: Someone was a bit keen :lol:
That is so cute sammy.
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

deviant wrote:what about the diaramas?
LOL!!!

:D
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

Soul of MAN at Lounge... That would have been Balistic.. Spewing I wasnt around for that..

Breaks have had a great history at Lounge me thinks..

(selfless promo... Check out MY BASS CMAP mix.. resident Thursday night breaks night at Lounge:-

View this on Soundcloud

;-)
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Chris Inperspective
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

Isn't shameless self promotion gaff? Whatever, you know I love.
Here's some more I posted verbatim on itm.
Shameless indeed.

And another massive weekend.
I'm not going to live to see 50 if Lounge has anything to do with it.
I'm glad Snowie can remember his time at Lounge. I can't remember last night.

Challenge laid down to stay till I drag my sorry arse to the booth again on the arvo of Sunday 17th January

Thanks Lounge for all the all the wicked nights on the dance-floor, friendships I've formed with staff and punters, chicks I've shagged, helping me live the dream and keeping the beer and cider pipes clean.
Nuff spect and stuff...
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

20 records someone needs to play on the weekend

Soul of Man - Dirty Waltzer
Plump DJs - The Fever
Timo Maas - Shifter
Player One - Into the Darkness
Ghettofunk - Push Up
Kenny Dope pres. Bucketheads - The Bomb
Shakedown - At Night
Reds V Scribble - Everybody COme On (Stanton Warrors rmx)
Orbital - Funny Break (Plump DJs rmx)
FSOL - Papua New Guinea (Hybrid rmx)
Zinc - 138 Trek
Vitalic - La Roc
Renie and BLIM - Eskimo
Groove Armada - Superstylin (Skool of Thought bootleg)
Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night (Stanton Warriors)
Bassbin Twins - ESW
Steve Bug - Monsterbaze (original only)
Drumattic Twins - Feelin Kinda Strange (Nick and Klephage remix)
DJ Touche - Tangerine
Krome and Dahlbeck - DK4 (the double EP on Drumcode)
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

Check that!!

Timo Maas - Shifter
Shakedown - At Night
Reds V Scribble - Everybody COme On (Stanton Warrors rmx
Renie and BLIM - Eskimo

Epic anthems form up to 8-10 years ago, and still current and big bombs!!!

All on my essentials list for sure!!!
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

Post by 10.15 »

shepherd wrote:20 records someone needs to play on the weekend

Plump DJs - The Fever
Timo Maas - Shifter
Ghettofunk - Push Up
Shakedown - At Night
Zinc - 138 Trek
Vitalic - La Roc
Renie and BLIM - Eskimo
Bassbin Twins - ESW
DJ Touche - Tangerine
Yessir. Its not too late to change your mind and play this set Ben! BE THAT GUY!
Sat 1st May: TREVOR LOVEYS (UK)
Sun 30th May: OXIA (8BIT RECS - FRANCE)
http://the-late-show.blogspot.com/
DBoy

Post by DBoy »

If Ben plays he has to drop the Daft Punk vs Enimem ting.
JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

10.15 wrote:
shepherd wrote:20 records someone needs to play on the weekend

Plump DJs - The Fever
Timo Maas - Shifter
Ghettofunk - Push Up
Shakedown - At Night
Zinc - 138 Trek
Vitalic - La Roc
Renie and BLIM - Eskimo
Bassbin Twins - ESW
DJ Touche - Tangerine
Yessir. Its not too late to change your mind and play this set Ben! BE THAT GUY!
The guy who publishes a set list before he plays?

It's not preplanning as such. It's more divine inspiration.
Don't hate me for house
system
let the hustlers play

Post by system »

massive respect for the lounge making it to the 20. 'switch' was the first club i ever went to (what an introduction) and have spent many many fine evenings there (although not for a while).

biggups!
DRS wrote:It’s uplifting while we drift through time,
‘cause we keep pushing the vibe.
cammo

Post by cammo »

had my first gig there in 96. best memory was mad professor, they had so many subs the balcony was vibrating n spacey had to go home cause it was messing up his tummy.
so many memories
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

nick's doing it - he's more than capable! i'll be there - the old man in the corner talking like grandpa simpson
deviant

Post by deviant »

shepherd wrote:Vitalic - La Roc
ha, I played that on xmas eve..... banging tune
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

shepherd wrote:
nick's doing it - he's more than capable! i'll be there - the old man in the corner talking like grandpa simpson

Whatever!!! As if you will be able to resist shaking ya thing on the dance floor when SHAKEDOWN drops.. I very much doubt you ever lost it mate!!!!
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

deviant wrote:
shepherd wrote:Vitalic - La Roc
ha, I played that on xmas eve..... banging tune
and nicely done too, the timing's always a bugger with Le Roc.
Bloody Vitalic, must think djs can count or something.