Lounge celebrates 20 years of Music - Jan 16th 'n' 17th

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
deejaypcp

Re: Lounge celebrates 20 years of Music - Jan 16th 'n' 17th

Post by deejaypcp »

Should be an interesting set then. I'm completely clueless about the guy anyway.
It's much better to have internationals announced the week of a gig rather than have
them cancel or their times clash with ya other favourites at a festival.

I'll stop bumping and lurking and start wishing Lounge at Happy 20th birthday.
Thanks so much to everyone who's been a part of making this place what it is today.

I've gained so much personally and musically from my time at Lounge.
I missed the first fourteen years but the last six have seen the place become like a second home.

I digress.
except to extend my gratitude to a mr gaffa for holding the fort like a true Aussie digger.
see yas at the bar very late tonight or tomorrow arvo
Lizkins
Junior Vice President

Post by Lizkins »

obliveus wrote:
manofunreal wrote:[
obliveus wrote:^^^ LOL @ Rux. Despite the fact he threatened to kick the shit out of me @ Rainbow Serpent once, I always dug his sets.
What the hell? I can't imagine why anyone would want to beat you up dude... What was his caper?
:lol:

That was his way. Long story...funny story.

Direktor knows the details.

:)
would never take what Rux says for serial, unless you really really have pissed him off, then back the fuck away lol. He told me to buggar off once, i turned around and said fuck off you rude prick and he raced after me apologised, we hugged it out and we went and got a drink. that is just how he is, and we love him for it :D

so many memories at Lounge aye. Not even including the big nights, i remember coming down there during the day on many occasions just staring off into the trees outside or hiding in a booth and drinking and drinking and drinking....ahhh good times
live your life like every week is shark week
click here fo fotos
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOUngE!!
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Sat 8 - Lounge Boat Party
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

+ Rock Like This BOAT PARTY/ Strawberry fields / TRIBE NYD

CITIZEN.COM FREE music:-
http://soundcloud.com/citizen-com/
obliveus

Post by obliveus »

Messy. Fun. :)
C.I.A.

Post by C.I.A. »

Heh. Met citizen.com’s girl, who is as OCD as me about snowboarding. I was only there for a few hours on Sunday evening and spent pretty much all of that discussing how amazing it feels to pull a perfect backside 3 off a nicely shaped 50 foot booter (having a park crew who know how to shape the transition is the go), an hour discussing various snowboard brands and the merits of Banff versus Tahoe. :oops:

Oh, and there was an enlightening conversation regarding latest developments in strap-on dildo technology.

Hope the actual event went down a treat… the only set I caught was Nick and Ben playing songs straight from my mixed-tape collection circa 1991-1994.
I wanted to be a hero. I wanted to be the center of attention. I wanted the glory, I wanted the fame. I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede."
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

OK, just cause you asked for it...Slot Girl

It was the first night of my residency on the friday night with Matty Radovich, the house was rammed packed, everybody dancing up a storm. I was coming to end of my 3 hour set about to hand over to matty, when, with 2 records left to mix, i had my head down at the time getting the second last one ready, when matty gave me a nudge and said look up, so i look up, the other side of the decks, a girl had bent over and grabbed her ankle....panties on ???....No!!!!! :shock: :lol: :shock:
After composing ones self, i started getting the last record ready, when again matty gives me a nudge and said look up, she had done it again, the first time wasn't a fluke. On seeing this, i quickly dropped the last record in the mix and handed over to matty, cause with random behaviour like this, you just got to see what's going to happen next. Before i could catch up to this girl, one of the managers and security guard's had taken her up to back stairs and made a bet for 3 drink cards. They bet her that she couldn't piss on a cigarette butt about 2 metre's away. So....she pulled the skirt aside, she shoot's.....she scores!!!!!!!!
The manager and guard, bysides killing themselves with laughter, are totally astounded, she then turn to them and said "I usually charge for that", at which the guard fumbled around and pulled out a $2 coin. She looked at the coin, then turn around, stuck her arse out and said "Well then, stick it in the slot" at which point the guard stuck it up her arse... :shock: :shock: :shock:
She then after abit, she retrieved it, gave it a sniff then a lick and kept it. The manager, the guard and myself, who had just got out to the back stairs, were again left more than ever totally astonished and in massive fits of laughter....Now that's one way to win a bet.

Now don't blame me for this story... you asked for it
Easy @ Word - 23rd May Opening Night, every saturday
Everything You Want - Fridays @ Lounge Downstairs
OldSkool Hip Hop and Funk - Saturdays @ Red Violin
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

Lil MiSbreaks

Post by Lil MiSbreaks »

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 never fails to provide laughs that story!! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Wont be over that one if a hurry!

Had a great couple of hours at Lounge yesterday arvo. Beers and pool and great tunes C/ Ides and Snowie and Pappa is total win. 8)

Happy Birthday guys :mrgreen:
Snowie

Post by Snowie »

Thank you Anti-Fanta, hehehe
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I had a hard time believing that story at the time and i still do.

But when it comes to Lounge, nothing is too shocking!

Snowie

Post by Snowie »

I would agree with you, but i saw the end of it, so i can honestly, hand on heart, tell you it did happen
www.myspace.com/djsnowie

ghetto kitty

Post by ghetto kitty »

I have stories that cannot be posted here.

Staff related.

Loosest staff this side of Vegas tbh, including some of us!

JAMESSSS

Post by JAMESSSS »

I thought that staff party you had was pretty funny.
Don't hate me for house
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

lot's of fun - thanks lounge!
gaffa101

Post by gaffa101 »

What an amazing Night, Morning, day and Night again... HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY LOUNGE!!

Pixelton really got things started nice and early.. With a full venue at 10pm. and a dance floor getting into the groove.
Boogs Rinsed it out OLD skool. Dropping a few signature moves he has become knows for over the years.
Followed by Lounges own SMASH BANG and Luke McD, who might I add, totally smashed it too!!
I then needed a few hrs sleep after being there for nearly 24hrs.
During my quick retreat from the venue, apparently the crowd kept hanging on STRONG until at least 10am for Christian Burkhardt.

Getting back at 12pm on Sunday it was a different scene, but the vibe still remained. With the sun up and the music still banging most had resorted to the balcony, and were wearing shades to cover their blood shoot eyes.

During the early stages of Sunday, PCP and Mark Anthony smashed out deep house and got the people back on the dance floor. This was followed by Friday night residents Popeye and Jez Sing who continue on the Tech house tip while still maintaining the dance floor.

Lounge regulars Snowie and Miss DJ Ides got up and played a great VS set proving they both still have what it takes to get a room vibed.
It was after this that ANTHONY PAPPA joined Lounge for an exclusive Breaks set. The people that were still lingering around at this time were all there to witnessed this special occasion. And he smashed it playing some Classic Prog breaks tracks, almost forgotten in time.

It was then from this point on the Break beats continued all night with the BASS CAMP DJs (JD< Shifty Sly and Barron Von Rotton), smashing out many different breaks flavours. Then Old skool Lounger and Breaks Heavyweght NICK THAYER got on the decks. He was joined by surprise guest BEN SHEPARD. Together they rinsed out old flavours form the Sneaky and Out of order days. Seeing Ben Behind the decks again was also a delight again, and for some reason he thinks he has lost the touch, but BEN!!!! THATS SHIT!! YOU SMASHED IT!!!!

To close off the night it was yours truly (CITIZEN.COM). I had a ball playing what reminded me of a set at Revolver. After a huge two days I held nothing back and just ripped out big dance floor booty. And much to my surprise the crowd was well up for it, by the end of the night most people were back on the dance floor getting their last minutes of beats before reality once again returned and the week started over again.

To all those that joined in on the mayhem.. THANK YOU we could not have made such a special event with out the support of Melbourne’s punters! And Lounge would NOT be open for 20 years if it was not for this support!!

So Thanks you and hope to see you all back at Lounge soon!!
Oct
Lounge every Thursday
Sat 1 - Bimbos
Sat 8 - Lounge Boat Party
Fri 14 - Dropping Phat
Sat 15 - Bimbos
Sat 22 - Whats Doing?

+ Rock Like This BOAT PARTY/ Strawberry fields / TRIBE NYD

CITIZEN.COM FREE music:-
http://soundcloud.com/citizen-com/
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

Snowie wrote:OK, just cause you asked for it...Slot Girl

It was the first night of my residency on the friday night with Matty Radovich, the house was rammed packed, everybody dancing up a storm. I was coming to end of my 3 hour set about to hand over to matty, when, with 2 records left to mix, i had my head down at the time getting the second last one ready, when matty gave me a nudge and said look up, so i look up, the other side of the decks, a girl had bent over and grabbed her ankle....panties on ???....No!!!!! :shock: :lol: :shock:
After composing ones self, i started getting the last record ready, when again matty gives me a nudge and said look up, she had done it again, the first time wasn't a fluke. On seeing this, i quickly dropped the last record in the mix and handed over to matty, cause with random behaviour like this, you just got to see what's going to happen next. Before i could catch up to this girl, one of the managers and security guard's had taken her up to back stairs and made a bet for 3 drink cards. They bet her that she couldn't piss on a cigarette butt about 2 metre's away. So....she pulled the skirt aside, she shoot's.....she scores!!!!!!!!
The manager and guard, bysides killing themselves with laughter, are totally astounded, she then turn to them and said "I usually charge for that", at which the guard fumbled around and pulled out a $2 coin. She looked at the coin, then turn around, stuck her arse out and said "Well then, stick it in the slot" at which point the guard stuck it up her arse... :shock: :shock: :shock:
She then after abit, she retrieved it, gave it a sniff then a lick and kept it. The manager, the guard and myself, who had just got out to the back stairs, were again left more than ever totally astonished and in massive fits of laughter....Now that's one way to win a bet.

Now don't blame me for this story... you asked for it
*shudder* Yep definitely wishing I didn't ask for it now...

Sad to say other things came up and I couldn't make it down... Thanks to Citizen at least I have a picture of how it all went down now. Sounds like fun!

Ben: How did you go with that list of songs from earlier in the thread?? Did they all get a spin!?
shepherd

Post by shepherd »

manofunreal - most got a spin

Soul of Man - Dirty Waltzer
Plump DJs - The Fever
Timo Maas - Shifter
Ghettofunk - Push Up
Shakedown - At Night
Reds V Scribble - Everybody COme On (Stanton Warrors rmx)
Zinc - 138 Trek
Groove Armada - Superstylin (Skool of Thought bootleg)
Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night (Stanton Warriors)
Bassbin Twins - ESW

nick didn't play the Feelin kinda strange remix although i asked many times!
manofunreal

Post by manofunreal »

No Kiss remix either!?! Oh well looking at that list I'm still kicking myself I wasn't there shakin' it!
deejaypcp

Post by deejaypcp »

i'd forgotten the details of slot girl, but nothing would surprise me either.
I'm pretty sure it was the first time I'd played there, some girl was licking the perspex on the booth and revealing herself.
She was later fellating her impulse bottle as she chatted to the bouncers.
A bit tame by comparison to slotty, but memorable all the same.
Remember kids. Wash ya hands before you eat after playing at lounge.