Prince Paul (USA) DJ set / De La Soul afterparty this Fri Fe

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
MJ

Prince Paul (USA) DJ set / De La Soul afterparty this Fri Fe

Post by MJ »

Prince Paul (USA) DJ set / De La Soul afterparty this Fri Feb 11th

Since gaining fame as a member of Stetsasonic and producing what is universally considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time, the classic 3 Feet High And Rising by De La Soul, Prince Paul has been constantly been on a path befitting a true hip hop legend.

After his work with Stetsa and producing De La Soul's first 3 albums, Paul formed the supergroup the Gravediggaz, releasing 2 albums before working on his critically acclaimed solo album A Prince Among Theives, then teaming up with Dan The Automator on the Handsome Boy Modelling School project.

Having more recently worked with Souls Of Mischief, J-Live and MF Doom, Prince Paul is regarded by many as one of the most influential hip hop producers of all time, mentioned by many in the same sentence as the likes of J Dilla and DJ premier..

While his production work is virtually unmatched, Paul is still a DJ that can rock a party, having jumped on the decks at age 10 and battled some of the worlds best along the way.. With Prince Paul as the conductor, not only will this be an epic night of all that is good in hip hop, it is also the official afterparty for the De La Soul concert happening earlier in the night..

Support from DJ Flagrant, M Phazes and Kuya. Tickets $20 + bf through Moshtix: http://www.moshtix.com.au/event.aspx?id=44762 or $15 with De La Soul show ticket / stamp. More on the door.

New Guernica: 322 Little Collins St, Melbourne. 9650 4494
Stryfe

Re: Prince Paul (USA) DJ set / De La Soul afterparty this Fr

Post by Stryfe »

6 feet deep one of my all time favourite albums.
ravejet

Post by ravejet »

Will try and duck off from work for an hour or so to check this out, looks mad 8) :3some: :3some: :3some:
armydawg1292 listen MR. I Play halo and i know what a good explosion looks like and that was expert!
djagent86

Post by djagent86 »

I'm there in spirit, if not in body... ...I'm sure it's gonna be huge!!!!!!!!