WEIRD WOBBLE // SAT 20TH AUGUST // THE NIGHT OWL

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

If you go down to WOBBLE this Month you will not believe your eyes. Cause Heartical Hi Fi and the WOBBLE Crew have set up a Great Surprise. The time has come - It is WEIRD WOBBLE. Calling all Zombies, Squirrels, Antelopes, Naughty light footed animals and odd Creatures. This is a night of B Sides and Obsurities. The most weird and wonderful Musical Treats to grace your Pointy ears, Largish eyes and Beautiful bodies. This is a dress up Party! The Night Owl will be transformed into a Weird Wonderland. Those dressed in their favourite Masks, Whiskers, Catsuits, Monacles and oddities are entitled to discount $10 Entry. Plus, there will be a grand Prize to the Weirdest Dressed WOBBLER - One year FREE Entry to WOBBLE! So, come one, come all things Weird WOBBLE.

Cubeast
AC666
Spinelf
Wozasaurus
Jaison the Movie
MC Wasps Nest
Double Fraksha
Scotty Hounds
MC Pterodactyl

Sat 20th August
Powered by Hearticalheadless Hi Fi Soundsystem
Decor by Lava of the Butterflies Mother
Visulas by VJ Inxile
The Night Owl 33 Elizabeth St CBD
Enter off Flinders Court
10pm till 7am
$15

http://www.wobbleout.com/
Dub Club Melbourne

Re: WEIRD WOBBLE // SAT 20TH AUGUST // THE NIGHT OWL

Post by Dub Club Melbourne »

Love the line up
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

This may be with Heartical Hi Fi New Scoops...Will keep you all informed. Don't forget http://forum.melbournebeats.com/viewtop ... 13&t=24649
NinjaGaijin

Post by NinjaGaijin »

Some choppage would be nice, not that I consider that b-side or obscure :)
Direkt

Post by Direkt »

Citizen Smif wrote:To anyone who is confused. I didn't quit Wobble, I was actually fired after being told I'm too hard to work with.
I was told off for wanting to play a house set ie. 130bpm...
I was told if I wasn't prepaid to talk about it, I was not playing at Wobble anymore. I don't do threats, so I called the bluff...I'm not 16.
To put this in perspective I've just spent 3 weeks in Jamaica and have a slightly different outlook on life than being told what I should play behind the decks.
I'm saying this because I popped my head in tonight and asked by random people "why don't you want to play at wobble anymore?"
Ironically when I popped my head in tonight, Woz was playing the same records I intended too.
If anyone knew the sacrifices and effort I put into that night in the beginning, that quiet frankly a lot of people are eating off now...it would be clear I would not quit something I believed in.

To put it plain and simple, I didn't quit...I don't entertain childish threats.

Thank you to everyone who has come down and danced over the last 4 years. The day dot crew (Derek and Jacqui) ... the 5-7am jungle sets (and the 10am ones, sober, packing down the sound straight after everyones left straight away on the Sunday morning after start the setup at 2pm THEN driving home to Narre. UNPAID.)
It's awesome to see playing 140bpm at 10-12 to now the busiest part of the night being the 140 in the middle.
I've always just played for myself and never really looked up.
So the odd time I have its been great seeing 300 to 400 people raving while I get to smoke n play tunes I want to hear and feel really fucking loud.

Cheers

Steve
Welcome back MB.com.
Raider

Post by Raider »

wicked night! Crowd was proper rave so fun at the front. awesome sets all round. roof alterations mid rave were fun haha!

Big ups crew ;)
Hardy

Post by Hardy »

Image Image
nic

Post by nic »

R.I.P 130BPM MUISC FOR THE GIRLS

/killsselfwhile'raider'playsbrostep
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

inb4
Raider

Post by Raider »

nic wrote:R.I.P 130BPM MUISC FOR THE GIRLS

/killsselfwhile'raider'playsbrostep
hah! If I ever play brostep you can kill me.
Spherix

Post by Spherix »

fuck that shit steve. big ups.
lowercase//Immerse//Tube10//BareDubs//Sub Continental Dub//On The Edge//Camino Blue
Cubist

Post by Cubist »

Brilliant Night! Thankyou to all those that came down. New Heartical Scoops sounding amazing. Great to see Beatski and some old School Crew there too! Big Up!!!