Photography at parties

This is the forum for all things Melbourne beats. Post your gigs and other Melbourne music related information here. Keep it about the music and music only, please keep on topic.
Harz

Photography at parties

Post by Harz »

anyone else getting annoyed with the amount of "photographers" floating around parties in melbourne at the moment?!
theres only so many photos of wasted kids i can laugh at until it all becomes a bit boring..and having 3 cameras all up in ya grill all night kinda kills tha vibe a bit for me
aroes

Re: Photography at parties

Post by aroes »

everyone and his dog these days is a budding photographer with a big expensive camera and a flickr account

i say either suck it up, or make a concerted effort to look notably uglier than normal before you go out
Harz

Post by Harz »

im not against havin a little bit of photography for the bigger parties but 3 guys running round tryin to snap peoples bass faces is just a fukin nuicanse in my opinion and in a club you should be free to do wot u want without sum cunt comin up to ya askin u to pose n shit..jus sayin
nic

Post by nic »

yep mayeb if you stopped looking so handsome it wouldnt happen as much?
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

Harz wrote:anyone else getting annoyed with the amount of "photographers" floating around parties in melbourne at the moment?!
Yep. Has been shitting me for a while - does provide humourous viewing on Sunday/Monday (whoever wins the race to upload their ripper shots 1st).
RGLZ

Post by RGLZ »

PT1 PT2
cammo

Post by cammo »

and they never ask your permission to take a flick, ive had to ask a couple of people delete or dont post em. just ask first n ill go yeah or nah. but yeah too many people with fuckn cameras suck
Harz

Post by Harz »

thers always a token one of 2 birds kissing as well for good measure :smt058
aroes

Post by aroes »

So basically what you're saying is cunts need to back the fuck up, but gratituous faux lesbian shots are a-ok :retzielikes:
youthful_implants

Post by youthful_implants »

Depends on the photographer tbh. I know a couple of people who are good enough to not take cliched shots and aren't massively intrusive.

Cameras and people on drugs in clubs is never a good mix anyway. Its a rave, not a bloody catwalk love.
Strontium Music

SOUNDCLOUD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TUMBLR
Harz

Post by Harz »

aroes wrote:So basically what you're saying is cunts need to back the fuck up, but gratituous faux lesbian shots are a-ok :retzielikes:
nah, ya missed tha sarcasm mate. i think its fukin tacky
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

There do seem to be a lot of cameras at gigs these days. When I started doing photo's at DnB parties in Melb about 5.5 years ago, I seemed to the only person focussing on the dnb scene. When I started doing it in NZ about 8 years ago, there were even less......Now the number of people with digital SLR's in clubs is just becoming excessive.

I got over being out every weekend and lugging my expensive gear around and haven't taken any party photo's in about 2.5 years. Loving pursuing other areas of photography, which are much better for my health!

Too much photoshoppery in gig photography these days! Many photographers use it to cover but bad lighting techniques. I've always been crap at photoshop, so I always had to rely on my camera skills. Good luck to em. Wonder if these kids are making any money out of it. I never did.....
eN

Post by eN »

Not to mention the amount of them that just upload every single shot they've taken that night so if you wanna look at them on facebook you have to wade through 300+ photos where half of them are exactly the fckn same

I'm guessing that's what RGLZ is talking about here:
RGLZ wrote:PT1 PT2
Harz

Post by Harz »

eN wrote:Not to mention the amount of them that just upload every single shot they've taken that night so if you wanna look at them on facebook you have to wade through 300+ photos where half of them are exactly the fckn same

I'm guessing that's what RGLZ is talking about here:
RGLZ wrote:PT1 PT2
this. :|
fooishbar

Post by fooishbar »

flash is the main problem imo, that can get very obnoxious very quickly
myspace / too much! / photos (flickr) / photos (tumblr)
aroes wrote:promising, but lost me at offensive mid range snarl
autumnleaves

Post by autumnleaves »

I just don't get why anybody would want to have their photo taken at a club where you are probably gurning off your face and dripping sweat.